~150-155 inchest of viewing distance currently have a PIO 5070PU - ? Upgrade - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-07-2013, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I like my current TV which is a 50" Pioneer 5070PU, however I just moved, and am pondering an upgrade, which is an expensive upgrade

I am thinking about going with a new component rack: Salamander Audio Berlin 336 & Upgrading to a PANA 65"VT series (versus waiting for ZT)

The component rack I believe I lke regardless will do a wall mount and lights underneath for the floating effect

Currently running AVS (Von Schweikert) LCR 15x3 up front LS 150 x2 in back and sub VRS1 with a denon avr 3805 for sound

I am going to have a tilt mounted at a 30 degree angle, however my huge concern is that the TV (PIO) will underwhelm in the new room, and I need to upgrade - and the room opens up to the dining and kitchen area (loft style open floor plan)

So want some advice with that length of direct viewing do I need to upgrade to keep the proper size (from what I have read it appears I do but want some other opinions I am having trouble pulling the trigger on another 2500 for a new TV) and I do not have a spot that the wife will allow the 50" PIO to go to, so I might end up selling it etc (I have a spot I want to put it, but that is another story :P )

One other side question: Is that silver edge on the PANA 65"VT the stand or the actual TV I looked at it today and thought it was the stand but wanted to confirm
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page