This is all they tell you... pointless waste of time. Throw this crap away! ADVISE ALL NOT TO BUY SAMSUNG! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 36 Old 02-13-2013, 01:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Chat Information Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.

Chat Information You are now chatting with 'Alan'. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.

Chat Information Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK56402603523X

Alan: Hi, thanks for reaching out to Samsung tech support. How can I help you today?

Visitor: I have a PN58C550G1FXZA TV that has a pinkish purple blur in the upper right hand corner whenever there is white displayed on the screen. This issue has been increasing over the last 3 months.

Alan: I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing picture issue on the TV screen.

Alan: Does this happen on all inputs (like DVD and cable box)?

Visitor: yes

Alan: Do you see the same issue on the TV menu screen too?

Visitor: on the test screen image it appears

Visitor: initially the menu is black so no it does not appear

Visitor: only when there is white or light colors

Alan: Thank you for the information.

Alan: Let's try performing picture test on TV and check if you are experiencing the same issue on the picture test screen.

Visitor: Yes, it appears on the picture test as well.

Alan: Thank you for confirming.

Alan: The TV needs to be physically examined by a service technician to fix the issue as there might be internal component failure on the TV and requires serviced.

Alan: Let me provide you with a link where you can file an online service request. You can get back to Live Chat with the ticket ID LTK56402603523X anytime if you run into issues filing the service request. We are available 24X7.

Alan: http://www.samsung.com/blah blah blah

Alan: Are you able to access the link?

Visitor: Yes, I am. As far as warranties and so forth... is this TV eligable?

Alan: Once you submit the service request, you'll receive a call from the service center to schedule an appointment in order to examine the unit at your place.

Alan: Okay, I will check the warranty on your TV.

Alan: Did you register the TV with the Samsung web site online?

Visitor: Just recently. I have the serial number if need be as well.

Alan: Okay, please provide me with that so that I can check the warranty status on the TV.

Alan: Samsung provides one year warranty on all the TVs for parts and labor from the date of purchase.

Visitor: Z1........

Alan: Thank you.

Alan: The warranty was until 02/29/2012 as per our records and its status is out of warranty.

Visitor: Okay. The issue I have had was the repair was quoted to be $1000. I bought the TV for $1500. This seems to be a common problem in this set. Is their any recalls on this?

Alan: We are sorry; we do not have any such reported issues with your TV model.

Alan: Is there anything else that I can assist you with?

Visitor: It's repoted in the Q&A Section under this model of TV with no answer. I called the 800 number for samsung and was reffered a technician. I dont see myself paying $1000 to repair a TV with no warranty. Purchased at $1500. I'm not quote sure where to go from here.

Alan: I am sorry; we do not have any reported issues with the TV model and you will be charged for the service repair to get the TV serviced as it is out of warranty.

Visitor: Pretty sad that this is not even 2 years old. I thought Samsung had a bit more reliability than this. This issue is reported all over the internet. I don't see how Samsung has no reported issues. Somebody is not documenting over there. I understand that there is a consumer goods act that I can reffer to. It's unfortunate that this seems to be the route I have to take when it comes to this.

Alan: I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
nickywinford likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 Old 02-13-2013, 02:48 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
That definitely sounds like Alan. Next time ask to be transferred to Bill.

Office - Onkyo 506, AV123 X-LS Encore Monitors
Living Room - Panasonic 60ST60, Onkyo 707, Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1 LCR
Car - Focal Flax 3-ways; Arc Audio KS 2500.1, 300.4, 300.2; Audison BitOne; Illusion Audio C12 XL
post #3 of 36 Old 02-13-2013, 04:55 AM

Same response I got from Samsung when my computer monitors had bad caps "no reported issues with that model"

Deny deny deny, even to this day
post #4 of 36 Old 02-13-2013, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 28
There is probably nothing going wrong with a tv that has never happened before. The question is, is it statistically relevant. The thing's been out of warranty for a year. It broke. Fix it or replace it.

Tony
post #5 of 36 Old 02-13-2013, 10:00 AM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1011
You throw the dice with Samdung. lol @ username choice (samHUNG).
post #6 of 36 Old 02-13-2013, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Bad customer service in every region of the world...that's why i'm not buy another samsung tv anymore...
post #7 of 36 Old 02-13-2013, 10:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I'm not a fan of Samsung's customer service nor their TV's. I had tons of issues with a 3 month old plasma a year ago. After they replaced the panel (for reddish hues on one side) it happened again a few months later. I fought with them for weeks each time when it came to finding a service center in my area. They would send a tech out, he would send them back a quote to fix the set, and they would deny his quote because it was too much. After running through all the local service centers they finally allowed the last one to fix the set. They showed me their quote to Samsung, it was over $3000 for parts and labor. For a $900 TV. Second time I begged the Samsung rep to refund my money.

He did, and I bought a Panasonic.

post #8 of 36 Old 02-13-2013, 10:57 AM

I have multiple Samsung TV's in my house, (LCD, LED, Plasma) and I haven't had issues with any of them.

Ford Mustangs and the San Diego Chargers. What else is there?
post #9 of 36 Old 02-13-2013, 11:00 AM
Advanced Member

Yeah. I'm sure my experience was anecdotal, but that doesn't mean I'll be any more confident buying their products.

post #10 of 36 Old 02-13-2013, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1051 Post(s)
Liked: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

You throw the dice with Samdung. lol @ username choice (samHUNG).

I had a little chuckle myself, there was a similar post not long ago with a very close story...1 post drivebys...

Of course Samsung is horrible until Panasonic refuses to fix something for free out of warranty that is "well knows" on the interwebs..
post #11 of 36 Old 02-13-2013, 11:34 AM

Liked: 14
I have a black line across my TV. I called a repair center as it is only 5 years old and he said, don't bother go buy a new one.
Then he said, but stay away from Samsung.. we do more Samsung repairs then anything else and their plasmas don't seem to last much beyond warranty.. your lucky to have made 5 years.

So.. this is from a guy who could have gotten lots of money to repair my set, but advised me not to repair.
post #12 of 36 Old 02-13-2013, 11:43 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by agkss View Post

Bad customer service in every region of the world...that's why i'm not buy another samsung tv anymore...

While i have been victimized by Samsung's customer service a number of times while under warranty, i don't see where the CSR did anything wrong what with the OP's TV being out of warranty for almost a year. He seemed polite but there's nothing he can do when it's out of warranty.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
post #13 of 36 Old 02-13-2013, 11:44 AM

I returned a D550 for "Brightness Pops"...i bought a tv for my father a 32 EH4000 and guess what? One pixel dead...only because it's not a real problem i don't return the tv...but quality control in this korean brand is really bad. I already see the clouding on ES8000...10 units...almost 5 have the problem (My cousin has that problem).

PS: Randy with all due respect, SamsHUNG didn't buy a tv for used it only for 2 or 3 years...
post #14 of 36 Old 02-13-2013, 11:57 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by agkss View Post

PS: Randy with all due respect, SamsHUNG didn't buy a tv for used it only for 2 or 3 years...

While that's true, a one-year warranty is a one-year warranty.

If one wants longer protection, then buying an extended warranty from Square Trade or a similar company is the way to go. It shouldn't be necessary, but failure rates within 2-3 years seem higher than on older TV techs, and TVs lasting 10+ years like old CRT sets definitely seems to be a thing of the past unfortunately.

I skip the warranties myself, but I'm buying the lower end models from Panny and Sony and thus only spending $800-1000 tops so it doesn't make sense really. The Sony RPTV I had up until last month was still fine--just decided to upgrade rather that replace the bulb again since it was 720p and had screen door effect etc. (as well as being bulky). Had it for six years or so. Hopefully I get 5+ years out of the Panny LED set as well. If not, it was $900 so I can afford to replace it if it breaks outside of the one year warranty. If I was dropping $2,500+ on higher end models I'd probably spring for an extended warranty.
post #15 of 36 Old 02-13-2013, 12:04 PM

Well it's a good point buy an extended warranty and buy a samsung high end...to have the chance the tv will not break...
I suggest next time like dmaul1114 says: buy a extended warranty and a Panasonic or Sony.
post #16 of 36 Old 02-13-2013, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

I had a little chuckle myself, there was a similar post not long ago with a very close story...1 post drivebys...

Of course Samsung is horrible until Panasonic refuses to fix something for free out of warranty that is "well knows" on the interwebs..
heh, I am deciding whether to take the plunge this year with either of them. My Pioneer, as grand as it is, is getting long in the tooth at "only" 50 inches.
post #17 of 36 Old 02-14-2013, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1051 Post(s)
Liked: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

heh, I am deciding whether to take the plunge this year with either of them. My Pioneer, as grand as it is, is getting long in the tooth at "only" 50 inches.

You are not alone....Im keeping my eye out on both companies, I think this year may be the year I jump.....
post #18 of 36 Old 02-14-2013, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 28
These posts are hilarious. "failure rates ...higher than older tech...". I love it when people make up stuff out of clear blue sky. Then there is the ever, yeah next time I'm buying a "xxxxx", and then name a tv with 5x the defect rate of their problem tv. Current TVs have much higher reliability than they've ever had and Panasonic and Samsung are among the best. And why is Samsung a bad guy for not replacing a TV FAR out of warranty??? Somehow, I don't think any poster here offers anyone they deal with in their work a freebie for what? Being a nice guy?

Tony
post #19 of 36 Old 02-14-2013, 01:15 PM
Advanced Member

I can agree that complaning about a company not covering something out of warranty is futile. A warranty can't last forever as companies would go bankrupt. This is obvious.

If you want a TV to last you 4 years, then either buy an extended warranty to cover you or cross your fingers.

But, if you want a TV to last you a year and have it fail after a few months, then you're allowed to complain.

I wouldn't tell someone else NOT to buy a Samsung product because I had a bad experience. But I would tell them my story and let them form their own opinions.

post #20 of 36 Old 02-14-2013, 03:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
I think its another form of "entitlement".... I gave you some money, now you "owe" me regardless of any rules... oh, rules, they apply to the other guy.
post #21 of 36 Old 02-14-2013, 04:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by budwich View Post

I think its another form of "entitlement".... I gave you some money, now you "owe" me regardless of any rules... oh, rules, they apply to the other guy.

It is to a degree for sure.

But it's also a shame that new TV tech isn't lasting near as long as old CRT TVs did, and especially that failure rates within 2-3 year seem so much higher. When people are dropping $1,000+ on a TV it would be nice if the warranty lasted two or three years, or some amount of hours of use (since most TVs log hours turned on in the service menu).

I don't feel entitled to any of that. But it would be nice if manufacturers stood behind their products more than they do these days. But it's better for them to put out shoddier products designed to last 5 years max for the average user so people have to replace things more often.

Just like with smartphones constantly upping power so eventually they can run the updated apps so people are forced to upgrade every few years (if not sooner) even if they don't really do much that needs extra power just because some of their basic apps can't get updated any more.
post #22 of 36 Old 02-14-2013, 04:06 PM

Liked: 20
As a Samsung owner I don't necessarily like reading about his. I've never owned a Samsung product before so I'm not a fanboy. But, as I've researched things over the years. It seems you can't find anything that doesn't have 'reported' well known issues on the internet.

Seriously, cameras, cars, TVs, computers, almost everything with mechanical parts has something…..
post #23 of 36 Old 02-14-2013, 04:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Actually it would be even nicer if the governement just gave everyone a tv... that way, it would lower the ultimate cost cause everyone would get the same tv and when it dies, they would get another replacement. It would be a great system... :-)
post #24 of 36 Old 02-14-2013, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budwich View Post

Actually it would be even nicer if the governement just gave everyone a tv... that way, it would lower the ultimate cost cause everyone would get the same tv and when it dies, they would get another replacement. It would be a great system... :-)
Craziest idea I've heard all day. The government giving means the taxpayer gets invoiced.

Oh yea, my 4-year-old Pioneer is still kicking, AND they offered 2-year factory warranties on the Elites. If a year plus a few months has become acceptable, you're better off taking up a new hobby, IMO.
post #25 of 36 Old 02-14-2013, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 93
The reason older sets probably lasted longer is because they got used less because all the good programing was at night and just a few hours at that and the TV's were just that a TV compared to what we have now
which handles more than double the resolution besides actual screen size , a virtual switcher for HDMI, Component and Composite with the ability to output DD 5.1 and various other options all in a thin light package.
post #26 of 36 Old 02-14-2013, 05:19 PM
Advanced Member

It's just that CRT was simpler technology so there was less to go wrong. Plus they were around for decades so they had more time to work out the kinks and build them to last.

I'm sure being smaller, thinner and lighter probably matters two as that likely means that various components are more fragile.

But I can't complain. The 50" Sony WEGA E2000 series RPTV I bought back in '07 or '08 was still going strong. Just wasn't worth replacing the bulb again (notice had popped up again) since it was bulky, only 720p, had pretty bad screen door effect on bright scenes etc. vs. upgrading to a 1080p LED or plasma. So I've still not had to replace a TV due to breaking during my lifetime. All have been upgrades for size or PQ.

Hopefully my Panny ET5 LED set holds out similarly well. I don't have much interest in upgrading anytime soon. I won't have a bigger room to need a bigger screen anytime soon. And I'm not really interested in upgraded for PQ until there's better tech out so I can get plasma or better PQ with no IR worries given my viewing is heavy on static images for hours and hours. So I'd love to get 5+ years out of this in hopes that OLED or something else meets those standards at a decent price by then.
post #27 of 36 Old 02-14-2013, 07:59 PM

My main issue with Samsung is they show absolute contempt the customer when they lie and say there is no reported issues when they are in the best position to offer help

When their plasmas were having internal cracks they turned it back on the customer by claiming physical damage
post #28 of 36 Old 02-14-2013, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Liked: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamsHUNG View Post

Chat Information Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.

Chat Information You are now chatting with 'Alan'. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.

Chat Information Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK56402603523X

Alan: Hi, thanks for reaching out to Samsung tech support. How can I help you today?

Visitor: I have a PN58C550G1FXZA TV that has a pinkish purple blur in the upper right hand corner whenever there is white displayed on the screen. This issue has been increasing over the last 3 months.

Alan: I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing picture issue on the TV screen.

Alan: Does this happen on all inputs (like DVD and cable box)?

Visitor: yes

Alan: Do you see the same issue on the TV menu screen too?

Visitor: on the test screen image it appears

Visitor: initially the menu is black so no it does not appear

Visitor: only when there is white or light colors

Alan: Thank you for the information.

Alan: Let's try performing picture test on TV and check if you are experiencing the same issue on the picture test screen.

Visitor: Yes, it appears on the picture test as well.

Alan: Thank you for confirming.

Alan: The TV needs to be physically examined by a service technician to fix the issue as there might be internal component failure on the TV and requires serviced.

Alan: Let me provide you with a link where you can file an online service request. You can get back to Live Chat with the ticket ID LTK56402603523X anytime if you run into issues filing the service request. We are available 24X7.

Alan: http://www.samsung.com/blah blah blah

Alan: Are you able to access the link?

Visitor: Yes, I am. As far as warranties and so forth... is this TV eligable?

Alan: Once you submit the service request, you'll receive a call from the service center to schedule an appointment in order to examine the unit at your place.

Alan: Okay, I will check the warranty on your TV.

Alan: Did you register the TV with the Samsung web site online?

Visitor: Just recently. I have the serial number if need be as well.

Alan: Okay, please provide me with that so that I can check the warranty status on the TV.

Alan: Samsung provides one year warranty on all the TVs for parts and labor from the date of purchase.

Visitor: Z1........

Alan: Thank you.

Alan: The warranty was until 02/29/2012 as per our records and its status is out of warranty.

Visitor: Okay. The issue I have had was the repair was quoted to be $1000. I bought the TV for $1500. This seems to be a common problem in this set. Is their any recalls on this?

Alan: We are sorry; we do not have any such reported issues with your TV model.

Alan: Is there anything else that I can assist you with?

Visitor: It's repoted in the Q&A Section under this model of TV with no answer. I called the 800 number for samsung and was reffered a technician. I dont see myself paying $1000 to repair a TV with no warranty. Purchased at $1500. I'm not quote sure where to go from here.

Alan: I am sorry; we do not have any reported issues with the TV model and you will be charged for the service repair to get the TV serviced as it is out of warranty.

Visitor: Pretty sad that this is not even 2 years old. I thought Samsung had a bit more reliability than this. This issue is reported all over the internet. I don't see how Samsung has no reported issues. Somebody is not documenting over there. I understand that there is a consumer goods act that I can reffer to. It's unfortunate that this seems to be the route I have to take when it comes to this.

Alan: I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
Welcome to my world...
Well...they never came out or called me about my appointment. I called the day of to get an ETA and they said they'd call me back. Nothing. However I did get an email from Samsung saying my repair ticket had been cancelled. Wtf! That was Friday. I called yesterday and was told by the repair place that they'd contacted Samsung about needing to order a part and were told that it'd been assigned to another repair facility and that they could see it had been cancelled. So I call Samsung and they tell me it's still assigned to the original repair folks and the ticket is still open but it has a new ticket number (that's a new ticket dumbass!) and maybe i need to call the extended warranty division and they could give me parts info but there was nothing they could do. I was done for the day. However, about an hour later I mysteriously get an email with the new repair ticket number and the original facility's info.
I call the repair place back to schedule today. They tell me that the tech wants to have everything he needs and they need to see if all the parts (new panel and something else) are in stock before making an appointment and will call me tomorrow...we'll see...
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1240821/the-official-samsung-pnxxc6500-pnxxc7000-and-pnxxc8000-owners-discussion-thread/7830#post_22966879
post #29 of 36 Old 02-14-2013, 10:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Heh, I have two huge Sony WEGA XBR CRTs (34" and the giant 40") which are from 2002 and 2000 respectively and both still work great to this day and have never needed any sort of repair. It's strange to think that I just bought a Panny 65VT50 plasma for close to the same price as the 40" XBR and I've had to do all sorts of stuff like burn-in slides, calibrate, watch for IR, etc while the old Sonys I had to pretty much plug it in and that was it right outta the box. And the overall picture quality ( at least color and black levels) on those old CRTs is arguably *better* than today's Plasmas which I expect to last only half as long as the CRTs.
post #30 of 36 Old 02-15-2013, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 46
You didn't have to do all that with your Panny, you let yourself be panicked into it by a handful of OCD types on the internet. Out in the real world millions of people buy plasmas and use them just like any other set and don't have any problems.

Steve S.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page