Sound problem when accessing Viera Connect - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 02-23-2013, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was unable to find this question elsewhere (on this forum), so here goes.

Just set up my P55VT50 with out any problems until I tried to access the streaming services through Viera Connect. I am able to get into Netflix, etc. o.k. but the sound from the satellite channels does not cut off and I get concurrent audio playing from both satellite and Netflix.

My connections & equipment are as follows: Denon AVR 2312 receiver with sound directed from receiver (TV speakers off). Receiver connected through DirecTV HD DVR via HDMI. TV to receiver via HDMI from ARC inputs (ARC on receiver, too).

I am not sure if this is an input assignment issue or something else. The Panny support forum addressed this question by someone else but did not give what I felt was satisfactory answer. The TV manual was of no help.

I apologize in advance if this indeed was addressed (and I just did not see it). If more info. is needed please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-23-2013, 07:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 722
I'm confused by what you mean when you say you get sound from both satellite and netflix (since netflix doesn't have speakers). You mean sound from the tv speakers as well as your avr? Or mains and surrounds? Or? What selection of source is on the avr? Tv or something else?

post #3 of 7 Old 02-23-2013, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry for the confusion. I was watching The X Files on Directv and decided to see what was on Netflix. I decided to check out a Jason Statham movie in my Instant Stream queue. As the Jason Statham movie started, the dialogue from The X Files was playing over the movie dialogue (at same time). I assumed the DirectV sound would cut off once the internet connection was made. The Denon AVR source for watching DirecTV is set to "Satellite/Cable" and was not changed when accessing VieraConnect. The HDMI out from Satellite HD DVR connects to HDMI In (SAT/CBL). Could the HD DVR Satellite box be the problem? I feel like something very simple is the culprit.

Thanks again for your patience,

Rick
post #4 of 7 Old 02-23-2013, 08:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Do you get just the audio from the tv when you change source on the avr to "tv"? I turned the HDMI-CEC (Samsung tv, they call it Anynet) on my tv off as every time it powered up it wanted to change the setting on my avr to "tv" instead which wasn't always what I wanted just because I powered up the panel. It would automatically switch to the ARC audio when using a tv app with the HDMI-CEC engaged, and never dual audio from the avr. I don't even get audio from the tv apps when not having the HDMI-CEC in the tv on but since I don't use the tv for apps any more (get better audio possibilities via my PS3). I'd think more an avr problem in handling HDMI than anything else, possibly something in the tv I suppose and doubt it's the D* box (I also have D*). What's your HDMI-CEC setup on the avr?

post #5 of 7 Old 02-24-2013, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

I have done some digging on HDMI-CEC for Panny products and will hopefully have some good news about my "double audio" issues near the end of the week when I am done working. Thanks again for help and suggestions
Rick
post #6 of 7 Old 03-02-2013, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter

Looks like the Denon AVR 2312 was the culprit. I turned off the HDMI-CEC "OFF" and the audio from the TV program shut off as Netflix was loading. That did the trick. Can anyone say "HAL 9000?"

Thanks again for your help. I'm sure I'll be back with more questions as I learn more about my new system.

Rick
post #7 of 7 Old 03-02-2013, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Marketing people probably at fault. Trying to reinforce their brand of HDMI CEC or some such crap. Glad you got it sussed so you can enjoy your setup!

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page