Samsung Smart Hub network speed test? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-23-2013, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am trying to figure out a good way to test the network speed on a Samsung PND8000. I have been more recently having problems getting good streaming quality on Netflix and especially Hulu Plus via a wireless connection on Smart Hub. AN LG Bluray player also connected wirelessly does not have the same problems.

After changing some of the router configuration options (e.g. single wireless N mode only, WPA2 security only, manually entering SSID/password into TV instead of PBC authentication), I think the problem has to do more with the Netflix/Hulu apps and/or TV's wireless connection to the router. But I would like a more definitive answer...the computer in the house regularly achieves 20-30 Mbps even over wireless.

I know that older versiosn of Smart Hub had a speed test built directly into the menu options but I think that has since been removed. The web browser on the TV also seems to give bogus speed test results as it does not handle flash/java very well.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-28-2013, 09:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
You might spend an evening reading up on packet sniffing and set up a sniffer on your network to see what the TV is using? Just a thought?
post #3 of 3 Old 07-24-2013, 06:44 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist357 View Post

I am trying to figure out a good way to test the network speed on a Samsung PND8000. I have been more recently having problems getting good streaming quality on Netflix and especially Hulu Plus via a wireless connection on Smart Hub. AN LG Bluray player also connected wirelessly does not have the same problems.

After changing some of the router configuration options (e.g. single wireless N mode only, WPA2 security only, manually entering SSID/password into TV instead of PBC authentication), I think the problem has to do more with the Netflix/Hulu apps and/or TV's wireless connection to the router. But I would like a more definitive answer...the computer in the house regularly achieves 20-30 Mbps even over wireless.

I know that older versiosn of Smart Hub had a speed test built directly into the menu options but I think that has since been removed. The web browser on the TV also seems to give bogus speed test results as it does not handle flash/java very well.

Any suggestions?

See this thread i created.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1482904/smart-tvs-network-speed-tests#post_23556589
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page