pn51e550 wireless network help needed - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-23-2013, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello AVS community. I hate to make a new thread for this but I am stumped. I have a pn51e550 display that I used to connect via wifi to my router but then I switched my ISP and used a direct ethernet connection to it in roughly July. I now have moved and need to connect to a different router via wifi again. When I go to 'Network Settings' and start the search for a wireless router half the time it will search and I will see the routers in my area for about 1/2 a second then it closes out of the menu and back to the tv. I do see my router but its too brief to select it. I am connecting to my router with a 25' cat 5e cable at the moment but I do not want to have it running through the hall. Has anyone had wifi issues with the 2012 samsung tv models? I was thinking of doing a factory reset but it says it does not reset network settings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-10-2013, 09:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
My 550 has burped a couple of times like this. Try unplugging it for a minute to reset and try again.

I forgot, there were a couple of firmware updates that broke the networking. Sounds like you may have one? I called Samsung and went through 3 updates in one night until I got it to work again. It seemed like they actually made an update for me as one mysteriously popped up out of nowhere? biggrin.gif

Either download the latest one manually and install it if you have a thumb drive, or call tech support and they'll walk you through everything. I'm currently on update 1029.2.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn51e550 51 Inch 3d Slim Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page