Two Panasonic UT 50 Qs - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-23-2013, 11:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi - just picked up a Pan UT50 a few days ago. Was hoping someone can help me out here.

1) When I turn the TV on, I get a message about connecting to the internet. How is this disabled? I see nothing in any of the menus, and the manual makes no mention of this either.

2) Something happened, and now I am not getting the full picture L>R. I was, but now I am not. Not sure what i did.... I have played with the aspect settings (FULL) gets me closest, but still cant get it to where it was initially. A reset to default does not help.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-24-2013, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiffWraith View Post

Hi - just picked up a Pan UT50 a few days ago. Was hoping someone can help me out here.

1) When I turn the TV on, I get a message about connecting to the internet. How is this disabled? I see nothing in any of the menus, and the manual makes no mention of this either.

2) Something happened, and now I am not getting the full picture L>R. I was, but now I am not. Not sure what i did.... I have played with the aspect settings (FULL) gets me closest, but still cant get it to where it was initially. A reset to default does not help.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Set your picture size to 2
post #3 of 5 Old 02-24-2013, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

Hi - thanks.

It is 2. 1 is worse.
post #4 of 5 Old 02-24-2013, 03:49 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiffWraith View Post

I think what you're seeing is the Viera Connect Banner (comes up along the bottom when you turn the TV on). You can disable this by going into the Setup menu, scroll down to Advanced Setup, then in there you can turn the Viera Connect Banner to OFF.

Quote:
2) Something happened, and now I am not getting the full picture L>R. I was, but now I am not. Not sure what i did.... I have played with the aspect settings (FULL) gets me closest, but still cant get it to where it was initially. A reset to default does not help. Ideas?

You didn't say what your source is when this is happening, but it sounds like there's an issue with some sort of Aspect setting on your source (cable box, satellite receiver, DVD player, etc). If your previous TV was a 4:3 screen then your source may not know it's now connected to a widescreen TV so usually you have to go into the source's setup menu and change the TV type to widescreen or 16:9 etc.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
post #5 of 5 Old 02-24-2013, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter

Got it - thanks!

Found the setting for the Viera ad banner - kinda buried. rolleyes.gif

"it sounds like there's an issue with some sort of Aspect setting on your source "

Yep - I must have acidentally hit the HD Zoom button on the cable remote. Pressed it, and all is fine now.

Thank you!
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page