Samsung PN51E550 - Blue tint in 3D mode? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-25-2013, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hey everyone, so I've noticed something a little funky about my set... Whenever I use 3D, depending on the scene, the picture tends to shift from natural color to everything having a blue/green tint, and then back again. It's kinda similar to having Dynamic Contrast enabled, except that option obviously isn't on for me. The color shifts happen most often in darker environments, or scenes with a lot of differences in lighting. I have all the typical offending post-processing options disabled, so I'm not quite sure where to begin. The 3D settings are very similar to my 2D settings, and 2D doesn't have the issue whatsoever.

Anyone know what the problem is here? Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-28-2013, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Are you running in Standard mode? Try movie mode if you are. Standard does odd things like that on mine, but I watch in movie mode, so it's no problem. I use Standard for gaming.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-07-2013, 07:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Not sure if you've struck upon a solution in the past several months, but I too have the same issue. I get the same color shift issues! I'm in movie mode as the previous poster suggested. However, just today, I decided to enable cinema smooth to see if it made a difference, and I believe it fixed this odd color fluctuation issue. The only problem is I strongly dislike dejudder or smoothing. But I think the color changes bother me more.

Anywho, try turning cinema smoothing on and see if that does it. Let me know!
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn51e550 51 Inch 3d Slim Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page