Official Panasonic S60 Series Discussion Thread - Page 133 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3961 of 7199 Old 09-10-2013, 12:20 PM
 
SeLfMaDe111985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,305
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

When viewing normal content in the first 100 hours keep contrast below 80 or so.

Bond why does DNice state to keep the s60 at a default settings for custom which is 100 contrast?? That's not good unless my s64 defaults are higher than they should be. I'm going to switch back to Fairchilds. I've kept it on zoom so it shouldn't of some anything bad to it...just surprised at Dnice settings
SeLfMaDe111985 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3962 of 7199 Old 09-10-2013, 12:23 PM
Member
 
Doodis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeLfMaDe111985 View Post

Nope find it yourself
Thanks, this was incredibly insightful and well worth the post. I appreciate your thoughtfulness, especially after having responded to your previous PMs.
Doodis is offline  
post #3963 of 7199 Old 09-10-2013, 12:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,292
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeLfMaDe111985 View Post

Bond why does DNice state to keep the s60 at a default settings for custom which is 100 contrast?? That's not good unless my s64 defaults are higher than they should be. I'm going to switch back to Fairchilds. I've kept it on zoom so it shouldn't of some anything bad to it...just surprised at Dnice settings
Those settings are recommended for the the slides only.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is online now  
post #3964 of 7199 Old 09-10-2013, 12:28 PM
Newbie
 
cosmo j kramer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
HI all I have a well broken in 65" S64 in our very dark basement theater room. We love the set so far but as with most Plasmas it could be a touch brighter. I chose the S64 over the S60 only because I have a costco membership. My question is has anyone had the chance to compare the S60 brightness level, without a AR filter , to the S64 with the filter with all settings being equal. If the S60 is in fact brighter without the filter I just might swap it out. Thanks
cosmo j kramer is offline  
post #3965 of 7199 Old 09-10-2013, 12:30 PM
 
SeLfMaDe111985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,305
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Oh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Those settings are recommended for the the slides only.

Oh poop. Looks like ill be changing to Fairchilds settings when I get home.

What's the damage 100 contest could cause with TV on zoom and no logos or black bars being presented on it.?
SeLfMaDe111985 is offline  
post #3966 of 7199 Old 09-10-2013, 12:32 PM
 
SeLfMaDe111985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,305
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodis View Post

Thanks, this was incredibly insightful and well worth the post. I appreciate your thoughtfulness, especially after having responded to your previous PMs.

Sorry...I deleted that post because it was uncalled for so my apologies. These other guys have got me aggie.
SeLfMaDe111985 is offline  
post #3967 of 7199 Old 09-10-2013, 12:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,292
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeLfMaDe111985 View Post

Oh
Oh poop. Looks like ill be changing to Fairchilds settings when I get home.

What's the damage 100 contest could cause with TV on zoom and no logos or black bars being presented on it.?
None

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is online now  
post #3968 of 7199 Old 09-10-2013, 12:34 PM
 
SeLfMaDe111985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,305
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Ok good. Yea I've just been playing Blu rays on zoom...the only thing would be the ps3 menu or text from the movies. But ok I'm gonna plug in Fairchilds. And maybe that's the reason my picture looked jumpy. Just too much contrast
SeLfMaDe111985 is offline  
post #3969 of 7199 Old 09-10-2013, 12:35 PM
Member
 
garath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonMasterTim View Post

First, I would advise you to steer clear of the S60 given you have so many windows and ambient light in your viewing environment. The AR filter on the club version, the S64, as well as the ST60, is going to be make a noticeable difference. Hopefully when you go shopping tonight you can see them for yourself and compare. The difference was clear to me. Without the AR filter you're seeing unfiltered reflections.

Second, while I think that any issues with image retention have been often overstated, I would be somewhat concerned with kids that might leave the game console on pause or other static content on screen for a long period. Most devices will have a auto power off or screen saving feature, and if you can activate those you are probably okay. Otherwise, I would be cautious and lean towards an LED. You don't have to baby the plasma, but I know kids pause games and go outside to play, and mommy or daddy finds the TV four hours later on a paused screen.

Thank you for the post. Huge help. I wish the regular S60 had the film. Or that the ST60's input lag was better. Or that the S64 came in 60". Any of those options would fit my needs better.

Not to be though. Now the only question is to wait out the s64 65" and throw some more money at it (including a costco membership) and baby sit it a little more with the kids and IR, or just go back to looking for a suitable LCD.
garath is offline  
post #3970 of 7199 Old 09-10-2013, 12:56 PM
 
SeLfMaDe111985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,305
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by garath View Post

Thank you for the post. Huge help. I wish the regular S60 had the film. Or that the ST60's input lag was better. Or that the S64 came in 60". Any of those options would fit my needs better.

Not to be though. Now the only question is to wait out the s64 65" and throw some more money at it (including a costco membership) and baby sit it a little more with the kids and IR, or just go back to looking for a suitable LCD.

The 65" is a great deal and great PQ especially for the price. I was opting for the 65" but it was to big for the room its going in so i got the 50" and with the way these new tvs are slimming down in thickness and weight it looks bigger than what it actually is. If you can try to find someone with a Costco card just use theirs but if not its still worth it IMO. Great warranty too. 3 more years for 60$ is hard to beat plus you get two years with Costco just for buying the TV.

But if your concern is abuse on the TV by your kids then a LED/LCD might be better off for your needs especially with eliminating your concern for IR or damage to the screen. though some LCDs could cause a burn in but thats very unlikely these days for both plasma and LCD unless really abused. IR is a different story. Some of them (mid range to high end) still provide great PQ but just like plasma LCD has there issues as well.

So it's really what fits your budget and needs. I really wanted the VT60 but all the extras I didn't need and I don't want 3D though its tempting so I just picked up the S64. I also like most wish the st60 had the same lag the s64 has because I don't even think this thread would exist.

Just my two cents but to most my two cents is no good here
SeLfMaDe111985 is offline  
post #3971 of 7199 Old 09-10-2013, 01:13 PM
Senior Member
 
ToonMasterTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 323
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by garath View Post

Thank you for the post. Huge help. I wish the regular S60 had the film. Or that the ST60's input lag was better. Or that the S64 came in 60". Any of those options would fit my needs better.

Not to be though. Now the only question is to wait out the s64 65" and throw some more money at it (including a costco membership) and baby sit it a little more with the kids and IR, or just go back to looking for a suitable LCD.

I was going to get a 55" but found this deal and decided to go for it. At first I really thought it was too big, but that was before I wall mounted it. When it was sitting on the TV stand it was wider than the stand and that made it look a lot larger, and it sat closer to us. Now it is hanging on the wall and I actually love the size. Heck, I could actually go bigger if I wanted!

Watch out for deals. But be aware that the S64 is supposedly a limited production run. In fact, I think my local Sam's Club is done with it. They had a huge sale before Labor Day and the price dropped under $1200 for the 65". Now they've sold out and the floor model is selling for just over $900! The stand has surface scratches, but the TV itself was spotless from what I saw. That's a helluva deal! Not to say that the same will happen for you, but you never know. And some stores have return areas, so you might check those too. I got my last TV as a returned item and I was very happy with it.
ToonMasterTim is offline  
post #3972 of 7199 Old 09-10-2013, 01:17 PM
Senior Member
 
ToonMasterTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 323
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodis View Post

Do any of you recommend a particular wall mount for this TV? Just wondering if there are any suggestions before I venture out there to find one.

This is the first TV I have ever wall mounted. Through Walmart.com I bought a .com wall mount http://www.walmart.com/ip/.com-Tilting-Wall-Mount-for-37-to-70-Flat-Panel-TVs-Black/21853463 and had it delivered to my local store. I don't know how they're selling them so cheap with other stores charging up to five times as much. It's excellent quality though and easy to mount. I recommend it.
ToonMasterTim is offline  
post #3973 of 7199 Old 09-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Member
 
garath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonMasterTim View Post

I was going to get a 55" but found this deal and decided to go for it. At first I really thought it was too big, but that was before I wall mounted it. When it was sitting on the TV stand it was wider than the stand and that made it look a lot larger, and it sat closer to us. Now it is hanging on the wall and I actually love the size. Heck, I could actually go bigger if I wanted!

Watch out for deals. But be aware that the S64 is supposedly a limited production run. In fact, I think my local Sam's Club is done with it. They had a huge sale before Labor Day and the price dropped under $1200 for the 65". Now they've sold out and the floor model is selling for just over $900! The stand has surface scratches, but the TV itself was spotless from what I saw. That's a helluva deal! Not to say that the same will happen for you, but you never know. And some stores have return areas, so you might check those too. I got my last TV as a returned item and I was very happy with it.

Yeah. I was reading that it might have been a limited run as well. Very disappointing if that's the case. I'm not buying anything until October anyways (that's when my credit card kicks in a 5% cash back from Amazon) so I've got a little time to see if it comes back (then convince the Wife that it's OK to spend another $300-$400 on a TV) and possibly jump on the 65".

My current TV is a 50" and while I like the size, I want bigger. I kept the last TV for almost 10 years, I'll keep the new one for just as long. I want the size.

edit: BTW, thanks to everyone for the feedback. It's very much appreciated.
garath is offline  
post #3974 of 7199 Old 09-10-2013, 01:56 PM
Newbie
 
asec92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all, I need some advice.

I'm a first time TV buyer (just got a new place out of college), and am interested in getting the S60.

The issue is, my living room has floor to ceiling windows that are pretty bright during the day. I'm willing to pull down the blinds to watch, but how bad of an issue is this really?

I also considered getting the ST60 or the S64, but the ST60 is a bit out of my price range (want to stay as close to $600 as possible) and I can't seem to find the S64 anywhere. Not available at Costco's website or at my local branch - does anyone know if there are any S64s still available out there?

What would you do?


Appreciate any and all advice.
asec92 is offline  
post #3975 of 7199 Old 09-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Member
 
Doodis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonMasterTim View Post

This is the first TV I have ever wall mounted. Through Walmart.com I bought a .com wall mount http://www.walmart.com/ip/.com-Tilting-Wall-Mount-for-37-to-70-Flat-Panel-TVs-Black/21853463 and had it delivered to my local store. I don't know how they're selling them so cheap with other stores charging up to five times as much. It's excellent quality though and easy to mount. I recommend it.
Great, thank you. One more quick question: does this wall mount make it difficult to access the inputs on the back? I don't necessarily plan on switching things around often, but it would be nice to know how difficult/easy it is to access once the TV is mounted.
Doodis is offline  
post #3976 of 7199 Old 09-10-2013, 02:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,292
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodis View Post

Great, thank you. One more quick question: does this wall mount make it difficult to access the inputs on the back? I don't necessarily plan on switching things around often, but it would be nice to know how difficult/easy it is to access once the TV is mounted.
The HDMI and USB inputs point to the side to make it easy to wall mount.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is online now  
post #3977 of 7199 Old 09-10-2013, 03:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
IDRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Eastern Idaho
Posts: 1,033
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
HDMI inputs go in perpendicular to the s64 panel not from the side
IDRick is offline  
post #3978 of 7199 Old 09-10-2013, 03:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,292
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDRick View Post

HDMI inputs go in perpendicular to the s64 panel not from the side
Forgive my ignorance. Does that mean the cable has to plug in straight on the back?
http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Degree-Female-Adapter/dp/B004PW3DKS/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1378852475&sr=1-2&keywords=hdmi+right+angle
So something like this would be needed to wall mount?

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is online now  
post #3979 of 7199 Old 09-10-2013, 04:23 PM
Member
 
Doodis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Forgive my ignorance. Does that mean the cable has to plug in straight on the back?
http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Degree-Female-Adapter/dp/B004PW3DKS/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1378852475&sr=1-2&keywords=hdmi+right+angle
So something like this would be needed to wall mount?

Yes, they go in straight in the back, which was why I was wondering how much clearance there is with the stand. I don't think it would be so close to the wall that an adapter would be required, but I'm wondering how difficult it would be to unplug/plug in a cable.
Doodis is offline  
post #3980 of 7199 Old 09-10-2013, 04:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,292
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodis View Post

Yes, they go in straight in the back, which was why I was wondering how much clearance there is with the stand. I don't think it would be so close to the wall that an adapter would be required, but I'm wondering how difficult it would be to unplug/plug in a cable.
Sorry about the misinfo. They go in from the side on my ST50 and I cant imagine why they would change that.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is online now  
post #3981 of 7199 Old 09-10-2013, 05:03 PM
Senior Member
 
El Matadurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 308
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonMasterTim View Post

To anyone watching Netflix on the S series, have you noticed the quality displayed in the Info badge being incorrect or fluctuating wildly? Last night I watched a few shows on Netflix using the S64's app. It seems that the stream takes a while to get to the higher quality stream, slower than my PS3. The TV and my PS3 are both wired to my router. At times I felt that the content was in HD even though the info badge stated 480p or even 380 SD. I need to observe it more closely to say for certain what was going on, but I wondered what impressions others who have used the app have had in regards to the streaming quality. Perhaps the TV doesn't have a good buffer or the processing power of the PS3, which I would suspect is true. Still, I could swear that over ten minutes into the show that is supported in HD I was still seeing SD in the Info badge.
I see the same thing. It takes a good minute or so to "pop" into HD, and often the actual resolution is different from the stated resolution. Lots of things are still buggy in the firmware, like the media viewer going all wonky with .mkv files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogueSquadron View Post

When I weigh the positives against the negatives, the money isn't worth the upgrade to the ST60. Obviously, this is just my opinion.

Positives:
Input lag at 34.1ms vs what, 70-100 on the ST60?
Price (many of us don't need more smart features or 3D)
Any positives a typical plasma has over an LCD (motion, black level, color uniformity)

Negatives:
No 3D
No true 24p film playback
The 48hz setting gives a proper playback of the 24p cadence. There's some flicker, but it isn't as bad as an actual movie theater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonMasterTim View Post

My local Sam's Club may be done with the S Series plasmas. I had mentioned last week that they had a huge sale on all TVs and the 65S64 was just over $1100. Well, the floor model was on sale, sitting on a cart near the returns, for just over $1000! To me, this is a sign that my Sam's Club is not going to restock this TV. Glad I got mine. They had three when I bought mine three weeks ago today. They sell only one other plasma, a 43" Samsung, and they still have those in stock.
I'm still calling my local one every day to check on a price change and to see if they can match it. smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonMasterTim View Post

Maybe it is just me, but I still think I am seeing occasional panel brightness adjustment on my S64. I liken it similar to the ambient light adjustment on my old LED that would automatically adjust the panel's brightness in various lighting conditions, or the feature that adjusted panel brightness based on content being displayed on screen. Panasonic seems to call this C.A.T.S. which I have disabled in both areas (input settings and in Eco settings) but I swear I am seeing something. For instance, I was watching the local news and I saw the panel slightly adjust twice while the anchor was talking on screen from the news desk with no graphics in the background and no movement other than typical facial movements. Could there be another setting I am overlooking? Should I maybe just reset things back to the defaults and readjust them?
You're not alone. It's an issue called fluctuating brightness. The 2011's models suffered tremendously from this, and as a result, my eyes are ever so sensitive to the delayed change in overall scene lighting when a camera angle changes. My s64 does this occasionally, and I have to be looking closely at certain scenes for it to happen (bright camera angle immediately and starkly contrasted with a dark camera angle, or vice versa).

Note to everyone else, this is essentially a non-issue. Don't go looking for fluctuating brightness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo j kramer View Post

HI all I have a well broken in 65" S64 in our very dark basement theater room. We love the set so far but as with most Plasmas it could be a touch brighter. I chose the S64 over the S60 only because I have a costco membership. My question is has anyone had the chance to compare the S60 brightness level, without a AR filter , to the S64 with the filter with all settings being equal. If the S60 is in fact brighter without the filter I just might swap it out. Thanks
Same brightness at straight-on and horizontal viewing angles. Vertical viewing angles, though, there's a marked difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asec92 View Post

Hi all, I need some advice.

I'm a first time TV buyer (just got a new place out of college), and am interested in getting the S60.

The issue is, my living room has floor to ceiling windows that are pretty bright during the day. I'm willing to pull down the blinds to watch, but how bad of an issue is this really?

I also considered getting the ST60 or the S64, but the ST60 is a bit out of my price range (want to stay as close to $600 as possible) and I can't seem to find the S64 anywhere. Not available at Costco's website or at my local branch - does anyone know if there are any S64s still available out there?

What would you do?


Appreciate any and all advice.
If your blinds manage to cut out all direct light, then you'll be fine. If anything, invest in the 65S60 and get some of those blackout curtains if your current blinds don't do it justice.
El Matadurr is offline  
post #3982 of 7199 Old 09-10-2013, 05:30 PM
Newbie
 
ogsmokey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodis View Post

Do any of you recommend a particular wall mount for this TV? Just wondering if there are any suggestions before I venture out there to find one.

I got this http://www.amazon.com/Cheetah-APTMM2B-Including-Ethernet-Magnetic/dp/B0012S4APK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378859148&sr=8-1&keywords=cheetah+mount to hang in my room; works well so far since I have not gotten home and to find my tv on the floor. It is super slim and right up against the wall so HDMI saver adapters will be needed. They also have other models that are not as slim if you need it so you may want to check and see if one of those may suit you better. It also helps to have a little know how when it comes to DIY stuff as the instructions that come with this are pretty bad.
ogsmokey is offline  
post #3983 of 7199 Old 09-10-2013, 05:57 PM
Senior Member
 
ToonMasterTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 323
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodis View Post

Great, thank you. One more quick question: does this wall mount make it difficult to access the inputs on the back? I don't necessarily plan on switching things around often, but it would be nice to know how difficult/easy it is to access once the TV is mounted.

You can always plug them in before you hook the TV onto the wall bracket, but the TV also tilts back five degrees, so that should help too. I didn't realize it tiled backwards.
ToonMasterTim is offline  
post #3984 of 7199 Old 09-10-2013, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter
"Don't PM Me Bro"
 
RandyWalters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: El Segundo, Calif
Posts: 17,504
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodis View Post

Yes, they go in straight in the back, which was why I was wondering how much clearance there is with the stand. I don't think it would be so close to the wall that an adapter would be required, but I'm wondering how difficult it would be to unplug/plug in a cable.

You can use one Monoprice #3850 90 degree adapter on each HDMI cable to redirect the cable straight upwards, leaving it flat against the back of the TV. I use these on every install and on more than a few of my TVs:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1403635/official-panasonic-gt50-series-discussion-thread-no-street-price-talk/2700#post_22205675

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
RandyWalters is offline  
post #3985 of 7199 Old 09-10-2013, 08:32 PM
Newbie
 
shinerspur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the tc-p60s60 and I am having problems getting 5.1 audio from the Amazon app. I can get it from the Netflix app through it's "subtitles/audio" option but since the Amazon app does not have this option I get everything on stereo but not 5.1. I am using HDMI to a Pioneer receiver. Any suggestions?
shinerspur is offline  
post #3986 of 7199 Old 09-10-2013, 11:48 PM
Newbie
 
rexuefeiten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
that riht,Finally, some nice picture adjustment options..thank you 22.gif
rexuefeiten is offline  
post #3987 of 7199 Old 09-11-2013, 07:32 AM
Member
 
ChaseMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I setup my new 50S64 yesterday and love it! Coming from a 5yr old 37" Aquos LCD I couldn't be happier. I was pretty impressed with the lack of reflection. I have a large pot light right above the TV and it has zero effect. Same with a large window near by. Compared to a 42" Panasonic plasma I had years back it's much better in that area. Hit around 100hrs last night so I'll try out these fairchild99 settings and see what's up.

I was thoroughly impressed when the DLNA player picked up my Plex server and started playing content immediately. Was a little less impressed when about 6min into an episode of Boardwalk Empire it skipped to the next video on it's own though!
ChaseMe is offline  
post #3988 of 7199 Old 09-11-2013, 07:48 AM
Member
 
joegator81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
quick question. has anybody tried reversing the stand that comes with the Panasonic S60? the way its set up the screen is basically 3" back from where my old 55" rear projection was on my stand. Since I have the TV on a stand inside a blacked out bay window I can't really move it forward with out modifying the base stand that I built. Just curious if there are any stability issues with reversing the stand or if it is even possible to do that?

Thanks.
joegator81 is offline  
post #3989 of 7199 Old 09-11-2013, 08:30 AM
 
SeLfMaDe111985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,305
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 99
I oe
Quote:
Originally Posted by joegator81 View Post

quick question. has anybody tried reversing the stand that comes with the Panasonic S60? the way its set up the screen is basically 3" back from where my old 55" rear projection was on my stand. Since I have the TV on a stand inside a blacked out bay window I can't really move it forward with out modifying the base stand that I built. Just curious if there are any stability issues with reversing the stand or if it is even possible to do that?

Thanks.
I personally have not tried it but I don't think it will fit in reverse and also I would definitely say that's not recommended at all but it's your purchase so its really up to you to try.
SeLfMaDe111985 is offline  
post #3990 of 7199 Old 09-11-2013, 08:36 AM
Member
 
LDBetaGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Centerville, OH
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by joegator81 View Post

quick question. has anybody tried reversing the stand that comes with the Panasonic S60? the way its set up the screen is basically 3" back from where my old 55" rear projection was on my stand. Since I have the TV on a stand inside a blacked out bay window I can't really move it forward with out modifying the base stand that I built. Just curious if there are any stability issues with reversing the stand or if it is even possible to do that?

Thanks.

I watched the delivery guys attach the stand. It looked to me like there is only one way to put it on. I presume it was made that way purposely.
LDBetaGuy is offline  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65s60 65 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic 60 Inch Plasma Hdtv Tc P60s60 , Panasonic Tc P55s60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P50s60 50 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic 42 Inch Plasma Hdtv Tc P42s60
Gear in this thread - P42s60 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off