Pauls TV has them in stock for the same price as Amazon

Awesome, thanks man.
mantiz likes this.
post #4143 of 7068 Old 09-21-2013, 07:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Is this Paul's place legit? AMEX is flagging the purchase as shady.
post #4144 of 7068 Old 09-21-2013, 07:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinva View Post

Is this Paul's place legit? AMEX is flagging the purchase as shady.
You may want to wait on that until you get some opinons. Theyre legit but it seems like Ive heard some people complain about them.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #4145 of 7068 Old 09-21-2013, 09:11 PM

I bought several plasmas from Paul's never any issues always a pleasant experience buying from them. Thay never gave me any grief when i wanted to do an exchange, they are legit.
post #4146 of 7068 Old 09-22-2013, 01:04 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantiz View Post

I bought several plasmas from Paul's never any issues always a pleasant experience buying from them. Thay never gave me any grief when i wanted to do an exchange, they are legit.
Others report that they charge a large restocking fee if a dissatisfied customer wants to return a TV.
post #4147 of 7068 Old 09-22-2013, 04:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
I went to the Sam's in Aurora (east suburb of Denver) yesterday evening, and they had 3 65S64s in boxes plus the display model. So I'd guess Sam's still has plenty of the 65S64s in stock at least in local stores if not online.
post #4148 of 7068 Old 09-22-2013, 07:42 AM

I've returned 2 tv's with them and never had a restocking fee charged to me because I didn't like the choice I made but that could be because I exchanged it for a different model at their store and they picked up and delivered the 2nd set for free so again I have had a pleasant experience with them.
post #4149 of 7068 Old 09-22-2013, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

You may want to wait on that until you get some opinons. Theyre legit but it seems like Ive heard some people complain about them.

Plenty of people complain about BB and other retailers so that is normal can't please everyone but as far as being a legit place they are.
post #4150 of 7068 Old 09-22-2013, 07:59 AM

Liked: 29
So I got a P50S60 last week and was blown away with the picture quality. I have owned tons of HDTVs & projectors over the years, but this was my first plasma and now I am sunk. Seriously, I had no idea that plasmas were this good!

I got the 50" for a great price and figured it would be excellent to test the Plasma waters and I was right. But now I have size envy so the 65" version is on the way and I need to sell this 50" lol
mantiz likes this.
post #4151 of 7068 Old 09-22-2013, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 429
Quote:

I've returned 2 tv's with them and never had a restocking fee charged to me because I didn't like the choice I made but that could be because I exchanged it for a different model at their store and they picked up and delivered the 2nd set for free so again I have had a pleasant experience with them.

You must have bought the TVs while standing in their brick and mortar store. Pauls is pretty good if you're buying in their store, i have bought there a number of times over the years and the few times i had to return something there was no restocking fee (a small TV and a high-end AVR).

However, their ONLINE STORE is run completely separately and the return policy is poor compared to what you get in their physical store.

My local Paul's is pretty good (i know some of their salesmen from Good Guys and Ken Crane's) and i have no qualms buying from them, but i would never ever buy a TV from their online store.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR605, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
post #4152 of 7068 Old 09-22-2013, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
exchanging my 55" for the 60" in a few days or so once Future shop gets the 60" back in stock. One thing i have to say though, my S30 aesthetically had a much nicer design, i loved the thick wide paneled look VS the S60's thin edges and ugly silver stripes. but you can get around this like i did, by gliding black tape across the edges or whatever else.tongue.gif
post #4153 of 7068 Old 09-22-2013, 10:37 AM

Liked: 23
Made it down to my lake house to watch nfl sunday ticket on the 65" for the first time. Props to you Fairchild as your settings look great!
post #4154 of 7068 Old 09-22-2013, 02:02 PM

Liked: 10
I just purchased a Panasonic TC-P50S60a. It connects directly to coaxial cable and I can watch TV, but none of the HDMI connections work. I have an Onkyo Receiver TX-NR717 I connected to both HDMI outputs and none of them worked. I connected a PS3 to the reciever with no signal message on the TV. I only no was able to directly connect the PS3 to HDMI 2. When I tried to connect my Toshiba laptop directly to the TV, the screen on the laptop goes black, just like the TV. What are the problems with HDMI output on Panasonic TV's? I have never had a problem like this. Once the product is connected to the HDMI output on the TV...it usually is straightforward from there. What do I need to do to resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Will
post #4155 of 7068 Old 09-22-2013, 02:24 PM

Well just unboxed the new S60 60" mounted it on the wall and installed the bias lighting. This absolutely blows the doors off of the LG6700 plasma that I returned for this in every aspect. Very very pleased with it. To compare it to my 50" UT50 was also an improvement better black levels for sure and even in the daytime it doesn't appear to be as reflective as the UT50's screen maybe it's just me but that's my observation.
post #4156 of 7068 Old 09-22-2013, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well just unboxed the new S60 60" mounted it on the wall and installed the bias lighting. This absolutely blows the doors off of the LG6700 plasma that I returned for this in every aspect. Very very pleased with it. To compare it to my 50" UT50 was also an improvement better black levels for sure and even in the daytime it doesn't appear to be as reflective as the UT50's screen maybe it's just me but that's my observation.

Nice to hear as when I first started shopping for my first flat screen TV back in April, I was considering the 60" LG6700 since it was very affordable at $800 and even the discontinued 60U50 was at a bargain $700, but I only found one in one store which sold out a week or 2 later. The 60S60 was a few hundred over my budget of $1000 and based on CR, CNET, and reviews here, I decided to on a Pany, and ended up going way over my budget by 50% and buying the 65S64 for about $1500 including taxes and shipping. I don't regret it at all with the superior PQ and bigger is definitely better.
post #4157 of 7068 Old 09-22-2013, 03:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamT79 View Post

I just purchased a Panasonic TC-P50S60a. It connects directly to coaxial cable and I can watch TV, but none of the HDMI connections work. I have an Onkyo Receiver TX-NR717 I connected to both HDMI outputs and none of them worked. I connected a PS3 to the reciever with no signal message on the TV. I only no was able to directly connect the PS3 to HDMI 2. When I tried to connect my Toshiba laptop directly to the TV, the screen on the laptop goes black, just like the TV. What are the problems with HDMI output on Panasonic TV's? I have never had a problem like this. Once the product is connected to the HDMI output on the TV...it usually is straightforward from there. What do I need to do to resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Will
Hard to understand your problem from your writing but are you connecting your cable box and PS3 to your Onkyo HDMI inputs then running a single HDMI cable from the HDMI out on the receiver to say HDMI1 on the display and then selecting THAT input with the display remote? Does your laptop have a mirroring setting you have to select to get the desktop image to appear on the display? Do you need to change the resolution on the laptop to what the display will use? Just some thoughts to try and help but also is this a European model? If so things may set up differently. Post a bit more specific info so others may try and help.

post #4158 of 7068 Old 09-22-2013, 07:59 PM

Liked: 13
After looking at a bunch of different LEDs, I came across an S64 today. It looked great despite the terrible settings they had on the TV, and I'm pretty sure I can't beat it for the price.

However, I'm a little concerned about it working in the room I want to put it in.:

The TV will be going directly between those two arches where the wires are sticking out. This picture was taken late afternoon, to give you an idea of the light coming through. Also, the big sliding glass door faces north, so we won't really have direct sunlight hitting the TV. The biggest concern obviously, is that there are several windows all around where the TV will be, and I'm unsure how bad glare will really be. I know the TV has the better AR coating from the ST60, but will it be enough?

Also, just out of curiosity, I know you're not supposed to lay a plasma flat, or at an angle, or whatever, but it won't fit in the back of my jeep as is. I can probably make it fit if I slide it in at an angle.. would the TV be alright?

Thanks for the help guys.
post #4159 of 7068 Old 09-22-2013, 08:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I think youll be fine with the s64 as far as the sunlight goes.
Do you think you can lay it flat in the back if you take it out of the box? The box is quite a bit bigger than the tv. If you can then lay it on its back on a couple of blankets and you should be ok.

post #4160 of 7068 Old 09-22-2013, 08:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurph98gt View Post

The TV will be going directly between those two arches where the wires are sticking out. This picture was taken late afternoon, to give you an idea of the light coming through. Also, the big sliding glass door faces north, so we won't really have direct sunlight hitting the TV. The biggest concern obviously, is that there are several windows all around where the TV will be, and I'm unsure how bad glare will really be. I know the TV has the better AR coating from the ST60, but will it be enough?

I think your only concern will be afternoon sunlight hitting you in the face. The sun is coming in towards the wall opposite the TV with no rays toward the TV.

You might get some morning sunlight from the 2 small windows on the opposite wall, however, but you can address that by pulling the shades.
post #4161 of 7068 Old 09-22-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTimeShifter View Post

I think your only concern will be afternoon sunlight hitting you in the face. The sun is coming in towards the wall opposite the TV with no rays toward the TV.

You might get some morning sunlight from the 2 small windows on the opposite wall, however, but you can address that by pulling the shades.

Right, I mean, for afternoon TV watching, regardless of LED or Plasma, we're definitely going to need to draw the blinds, or else it'll be annoying as F. Besides that though, 5 can lights from above, ambient light from the city at night, etc. Will any of that really negatively impact this TV?

I'm pretty much torn between this and the 70" Vizio LED for ~200 more.. The size isn't that big of a difference, it's more about the price. I'd like to keep it under $1500, and for a quality 65", its tough.
post #4162 of 7068 Old 09-22-2013, 11:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurph98gt View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTimeShifter View Post

Right, I mean, for afternoon TV watching, regardless of LED or Plasma, we're definitely going to need to draw the blinds, or else it'll be annoying as F. Besides that though, 5 can lights from above, ambient light from the city at night, etc. Will any of that really negatively impact this TV?

I'm pretty much torn between this and the 70" Vizio LED for ~200 more.. The size isn't that big of a difference, it's more about the price. I'd like to keep it under $1500, and for a quality 65", its tough.

I've never had an LED TV, but from what everyone here says, you have to pay twice as much for an LED to get equivalent PQ and Vizio is a budget brand, not a premium brand like Panasonic.

The 65S64 can be found at Sam's for $1288 with free delivery. The AR filter is designed for overhead lights just like your can lights. If you sit in the corner near the sliding glass door and have your gas fireplace lit, you might notice the reflection at night on dark scenes. Reflections are only noticeable at the opposite horizontal angle (think of a pool table and if the light source is the cue ball, the reflection will only be noticed at the opposite angle where the cue ball bounces off the edge where the edge is like your TV). The AR filter is designed for over head lighting rather than horizontal lighting. I have street lamps and neighbors' porch and patio lights outside my windows across the streets and they don't affect my TV, although I keep my mini blinds drawn all the time. My setup is similar to yours where my dining table would be in front of your fireplace and I have an overhead chandelier raised all the way up to my vaulted ceiling near the edge of the table closer to the TV and it reflects off the far wall next to the TV, but not on the TV, so I'd guess your rear can lights will not be any problem. I have a couch between where your 2 windows are and a lamp about where your corner window is and if I have that on at night can see it's reflection in the TV on dark scenes if I sit on the left side of my couch roughly where your other window or fireplace is.
smurph98gt likes this.
post #4163 of 7068 Old 09-23-2013, 03:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I agree the canned lights should be no problem.

post #4164 of 7068 Old 09-23-2013, 08:13 AM

I don't know if I'm just picky or what, but the line bleed on this set is bothering me. I've had a few times during normal content where it has been blatantly visible. Once during Futurama where it made if seem as if a character was transparent (face in front of wall with a line on the sides, resulted in a darkened area through the face that made it seem like the character was transparent) and then a few times during a normal live action show where in a certain area characters had dark lines on their necks. Definitely the screen, too, as I flipped the content back over to the laptop and it was fine there.

Also, I've noticed gradients tend to look very blocky and artifacty? It's really, really bad on any content that's remotely compressed. Even really well encoded 10GB+ 1080p BluRay rips are showing it on any sort of gradient. I understand these exist within the content (at least to a degree), but it's far more noticeable on this set than any other I've used. It's extremely bad on more compressed content (Netflix, TV rips, etc.) which make up the majority of the content I view.

I want to love this set (mostly since it's 65" and would be a pain to return), but these problems are bothering me. There's the buzzing too, but given that I had multiple UT50s do the same, I guess it's just how Panasonic's newer plasmas are. Damn, sometimes I wish I were more like the average viewer and could watch 480p 4:3 content stretched across a crappy screen and not even know the difference.
post #4165 of 7068 Old 09-23-2013, 08:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 186
can anyone comment on the availability of the 50" S60 in the coming months? and whether there will be any 2013 models for sale in Q1 2014 (before the 2014 models are launched in March/April)?
post #4166 of 7068 Old 09-23-2013, 09:18 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 38
Has anyone compared the 60" S60 with the LG 60PN5700? I've seen some crazy low prices on the LG, (although they are higher right now), and it looks like it has a richer feature set (3 HDMI in, full browser). I have 2 Panasonic plasmas, and I've been very happy with them, but i'm not married to the brand. What are the advantages of the S60 vs the 60PN5700?
post #4167 of 7068 Old 09-23-2013, 09:31 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWells55 View Post

I don't know if I'm just picky or what, but the line bleed on this set is bothering me. I've had a few times during normal content where it has been blatantly visible. Once during Futurama where it made if seem as if a character was transparent (face in front of wall with a line on the sides, resulted in a darkened area through the face that made it seem like the character was transparent) and then a few times during a normal live action show where in a certain area characters had dark lines on their necks. Definitely the screen, too, as I flipped the content back over to the laptop and it was fine there.

Also, I've noticed gradients tend to look very blocky and artifacty? It's really, really bad on any content that's remotely compressed. Even really well encoded 10GB+ 1080p BluRay rips are showing it on any sort of gradient. I understand these exist within the content (at least to a degree), but it's far more noticeable on this set than any other I've used. It's extremely bad on more compressed content (Netflix, TV rips, etc.) which make up the majority of the content I view.

I want to love this set (mostly since it's 65" and would be a pain to return), but these problems are bothering me. There's the buzzing too, but given that I had multiple UT50s do the same, I guess it's just how Panasonic's newer plasmas are. Damn, sometimes I wish I were more like the average viewer and could watch 480p 4:3 content stretched across a crappy screen and not even know the difference.

Artifacts will be very easy to see on a set that large. I have a 50" and artifacts are no easier to see than any other TV I've looked at.

Can't speak for the 65", but seeing as they are in he same line I'm guessing hey are largely similar.

I know when I first get a new TV I analyze the living daylights out of it, but after a month or two I tend to stop and just enjoy what I got. Time tends to heal all wounds after all smile.gif

Good luck.
post #4168 of 7068 Old 09-23-2013, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post

If you are going to use black extention which is not recommended you will need to raise your brightness oontrol or you will definitely crush blacks.

It seems like without using the black extension the picture quality has this light milky haze going on. I have it at 5 right now, which was already the default setting in custom mode with gamma being set to 2.4 and the AGC being set to 7. I'm going to throw in my 2nd copy of mirror mask on DVD, and do a side by side comparison between it running on my CRT and S60 and try to match my CRT's look.

Also, why is it that DVD's tend to look contrasty? The black levels look noticeably light on my S60 Vs bluray? I know bluray discs are brighter and boast richer vibrant colors but i never once thought that there would be a difference in black level performance, maybe it's to do with how HDTV's handle dvd's? i have no idea.
post #4169 of 7068 Old 09-23-2013, 01:22 PM

Liked: 21
AGC and Black Extension should really be set to 0. Once your panel has plenty of hours on it, trust me, it will look fantastic without those bloated features.
post #4170 of 7068 Old 09-23-2013, 02:29 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
As a quick update, I'm loving, loving, loving this TV! It's only been a few days, however, so I'll give it more time before reporting any specific impressions. (possibly this coming weekend) So far, every single one of my concerns have been curbed and any "issues" that I've noticed are extremely nitpicky.

As a two-time 9G Kuro owner and someone who has a friend with a 65" ZT60 and another with a 64" F8500, color me very impressed.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65s60 65 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic 60 Inch Plasma Hdtv Tc P60s60 , Panasonic Tc P55s60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P50s60 50 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic 42 Inch Plasma Hdtv Tc P42s60
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page