post #4951 of 7070 Old 11-02-2013, 06:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveBoy View Post

you'll get a super bright picture for bluray content much more so than the abnormally dim picture this plasma produces without the use of the AGC setting. Try raising AGC to '7' and put the black extension to '5'. These were the default settings ALREADY in custom mode to begin with, and with a gamma of 2.4 or 2.2, whatever you prefer. This has made an enormous difference and brings the picture to life. Now it's looking simular to my Sony wega CRT's brightness and previous LG plasma(Obviously better in terms of black levels performance, plus even brighter and more colorful!) and the picture looks more sculpted and has pop.
I'm sure you'll be satistyed when raising the AGC. wink.gif

But if you're not using the S60 for gaming and you have the cash to spare, then why not go for the Samsung 8500 plasma? Based on CNET's review it can get almost as bright as an LED, the ABL is less aggressive and it has the upper hand in motion handeling as well! I would of went for it without question but it's unacceptable for gaming due it's high input lag, so i settled with the S60. :P The 8500 goes for quite the penny though....

For now, my Contrast is set to 90, Gamma is 2.2, AGC: 4, BE: 5 and Panel Brightness: Medium. Remember don't set the panel brightness to high if you're using AGC and BE.

Thanks, I'll try those settings, but if that doesn't do it for me, I have started to think about the Samsung 8500. But it's dang pricey isn't it!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4952 of 7070 Old 11-02-2013, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:

I see a lot of people have color set to '46' or 47 in Custom mode, is this to compensate for the red push? I've currently got it set to 46.

No. To get rid of the red push, try setting the Red Hue (in color management) to 50. I have my color set to 47, and which seems about right if the greyscale is accurate (which I think mine is), though note I'm using a gamma of 2.6 on my 50" (the 60" and 65" supposedly should be set at 2.4).

Quote:
As for panel brightness, does setting it to 'High' make blacks slightly greyer or am i just seeing things?

Using the high setting does something to picture that I find undesirable (maybe more noise and less shadow detail?). I've overwhelmingly found the best setting is Mid, and I would suggest everyone calibrate using it.
post #4953 of 7070 Old 11-02-2013, 04:14 PM

Liked: 10
What is the preferred setting for RGB range when using XBox 360 via HDMI? I use the XBox to stream video and play games, I almost never watch DVDs. I use Fairchild's calibration settings (slightly lowered G levels as that looked better on my set).

Is it better to have the XBox output computer levels and set the TV to receive the same, or shall I leave everything on video levels, as that is the default?
post #4954 of 7070 Old 11-02-2013, 07:09 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon9887 View Post

Actually I believe it is removable. If I remember it is located on the bottom left edge of the set if you are looking at the back of the television. I think it is just held in by a screw or two.

Anyone confirm? I've ordered it anyway, it was an S64 refurb from Newegg for $485 shipped after a coupon...

I guess I'll find out soon either way, looks like the adapter is pretty cheap and it's being wired anyway.. but I'm more just curious!

Can't wait to join the club S64/S60 club!
post #4955 of 7070 Old 11-02-2013, 08:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWetmore View Post

No. To get rid of the red push, try setting the Red Hue (in color management) to 50. I have my color set to 47, and which seems about right if the greyscale is accurate (which I think mine is), though note I'm using a gamma of 2.6 on my 50" (the 60" and 65" supposedly should be set at 2.4).
Using the high setting does something to picture that I find undesirable (maybe more noise and less shadow detail?). I've overwhelmingly found the best setting is Mid, and I would suggest everyone calibrate using it.

Wouldn't blasting up the red hue to '50' make the reds look too Brown & orange? At least that's what i'm seeing. I've got it stuck at '4' for now with color at 46.
post #4956 of 7070 Old 11-02-2013, 08:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrot View Post

Thanks, I'll try those settings, but if that doesn't do it for me, I have started to think about the Samsung 8500. But it's dang pricey isn't it!

Try these. wink.gif

Contrast: 95
Brightness: 50
Panel Brightness: Medium
CATS: OFF

Gamma: 2.4
AGC: 7
BE: 5

Or....

Gamma: 2.2
BE: 6

I still don't understand why CNET awarded the ST60 over the 8500.....The ST60 has a slight advantange in black levels if i'm correct but that's it. The 8500 was the CLEAR winner by a landslide in brightness, had better motion handeling and less agressive ABL. I'm guessing the crazy high price tag is what knocked down the overall score and i'm not too sure how it handles 3D material. Either way, both 'designs' look awful. My favorite plasma design would have to be the 2011 S30, love the chucky thick black bezel vs these newer thin bezels and the ugly silver stripes. Looks a lot better now that i've glided black tape across the top and bottom edges. :P
post #4957 of 7070 Old 11-03-2013, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:

you'll get a super bright picture for bluray content much more so than the abnormally dim picture this plasma produces without the use of the AGC setting. Try raising AGC to '7' and put the black extension to '5'. These were the default settings ALREADY in custom mode to begin with, and with a gamma of 2.4 or 2.2, whatever you prefer. This has made an enormous difference and brings the picture to life. Now it's looking simular to my Sony wega CRT's brightness and previous LG plasma(Obviously better in terms of black levels performance, plus even brighter and more colorful!) and the picture looks more sculpted and has pop.
I'm sure you'll be satistyed when raising the AGC. wink.gif

But if you're not using the S60 for gaming and you have the cash to spare, then why not go for the Samsung 8500 plasma? Based on CNET's review it can get almost as bright as an LED, the ABL is less aggressive and it has the upper hand in motion handeling as well! I would of went for it without question but it's unacceptable for gaming due it's high input lag, so i settled with the S60. :P The 8500 goes for quite the penny though....

For now, my Contrast is set to 90, Gamma is 2.2, AGC: 4, BE: 5 and Panel Brightness: Medium. Remember don't set the panel brightness to high if you're using AGC and BE.

OK, I have tried all the settings recommended here in this thread for the 60S60, and I just don't think I am going to be able to put up with this automatic dimming whenever there is a lot of white in the picture. It makes people's faces look dim and lifeless. We watch a lot of TV and whenever news or sports channels put light colored graphics up on the screen, the rest of the screen dims considerably. I suppose if one only watched movies it might be a different story. BTW, I never noticed this phenomenon with my Toshiba 50HP66 plasma, as far as I could tell.

So, my question is, how much ABL does the Samsung have? More specifically, the 5300 series? Perhaps I would find the Samsung a good compromise. I can't believe I may actually have to consider a LED TV.

post #4958 of 7070 Old 11-03-2013, 01:50 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 147
Current Cinema Calibration done on 11-3-13 4:20pm @ 2251 hours (To check hours, go to Menu, Help, Version, look at Status4. Mine said C2251 as of 11-3-13)

Goal of this calibration was to have a higher gamma to give the picture more pop when viewing in a darkened environment which I do about 80% of the time. Currently watching the Universal Monsters Collection blu-rays which consists of 9 movies on 8 discs. (currently on the Frankenstein disc)

I also checked my last calibration and it was still good and holding strong, so if you were using that one which gives a 2.2 gamma, then you can without any fears. This new one is an average gamma of 2.38
Quote:
MadVR used at 0-255, rgb limited pixel with AMD 7870, standard in HDMI2
gs 0.74 dE, gamma 2.38, colors 0.54 dE, color checker 1.10 dE, 31 fTL at 100% Gray

Picture Mode : Cinema
o Contrast : 80
o Brightness : -1
o Color : 46
o Tint : 0
o Sharpness : 0
o Color Temp : Warm2
o Vivid color : Off
o C.A.T.S. : Off
o Video NR : Off
o MPEG NR : Off

* Pro Settings
o Panel brightness : Mid
o AGC : 0
o Black extension : 0
o Color gamut : Normal

* W/B detail adjustment
o W/B high R : -3
o W/B high G : 1
o W/B high B : 1
o W/B low R : 8
o W/B low G : 0
o W/B low B : -4

* Color detail adjustment
o Red Hue : -1
o Red saturation : -10
o Red luminance : 4
o Green Hue : 0
o Green saturation : -15
o Green luminance : -2
o Blue Hue : 1
o Blue saturation : 3
o Blue luminance : 5

* Gamma detail adjustment
o Gamma : 2.6

* Advanced picture
o 1080p pixel direct : Off
o HDMI content type : Off
o HDMI/DVI RGB range : Standard
o Black level : Light

* Screen settings
o Screen format : Full
o Overscan : Off
o H size : Size 1

Sony 32" EX400 calibrated settings

Panasonic 50" S60 calibrated settings

HTPC/Sony S5100 to Sony HT-CT150 to Panasonic 55" VT60, Sony 32" EX400, Panasonic 50" S60

post #4959 of 7070 Old 11-03-2013, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrot View Post

OK, I have tried all the settings recommended here in this thread for the 60S60, and I just don't think I am going to be able to put up with this automatic dimming whenever there is a lot of white in the picture. It makes people's faces look dim and lifeless. We watch a lot of TV and whenever news or sports channels put light colored graphics up on the screen, the rest of the screen dims considerably. I suppose if one only watched movies it might be a different story. BTW, I never noticed this phenomenon with my Toshiba 50HP66 plasma, as far as I could tell.

So, my question is, how much ABL does the Samsung have? More specifically, the 5300 series? Perhaps I would find the Samsung a good compromise. I can't believe I may actually have to consider a LED TV.

You got to admit the picture does come to life once you set the AGC to 7 and BE to 5 while upping the contrast ect. Without the use of either the S60 has one lifeless picture....
The only reason why i won't consider LED like many here is because of the motion smearing and weaker black levels. But Sony's top of the line 900A has impulse mode which reduces blur without giving off the soap opera effect, instead it knocks the brightness down to a plasma's level. If i were you i'd look into getting the 8500. The 5300 won't be able to produce the same inky blacks as the S60, it's been getting decent reviews but the 8500 is a different beast all together. It's thee' plasma i would of went for, but alas i'm a Gamer(nintendo to be exact. wink.gif ) and the input lag is dissapointing. Again, the fact that it can reach brightness levels of an LED is ground breaking for a plasma. And the ABL as a few people mentioned is a lot less agressive than the S60's. Too bad OLED's weren't affordable AND available in a wide variety of sizes hey? :P
post #4960 of 7070 Old 11-03-2013, 03:17 PM

Can't find this listed in the thread, so I decided to join the community to ask (and there's so much good info here!)

I'm looking to get this 50S60 soon from Amazon, and I see Amazon offers some 5-year deal with some company called SquareTrade. Does anybody recommend the warranty or getting any warranty for that matter? I'm new to these kinds of big TV purchases and don't know if the manufacturer warranty is enough.

Thanks.

post #4961 of 7070 Old 11-03-2013, 03:20 PM
AVS Special Member

BTW, does anyone know if there is a way to reduce ABL in the service menu? I only ask because the old Sony DV-CRT I had - had an ABL adjustment in the service menu.
post #4962 of 7070 Old 11-03-2013, 03:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

BTW, does anyone know if there is a way to reduce ABL in the service menu? I only ask because the old Sony DV-CRT I had - had an ABL adjustment in the service menu.

Wouldn't disabling the ABL litterally melt the plasma? :P
post #4963 of 7070 Old 11-03-2013, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emarv View Post

Can't find this listed in the thread, so I decided to join the community to ask (and there's so much good info here!)

I'm looking to get this 50S60 soon from Amazon, and I see Amazon offers some 5-year deal with some company called SquareTrade. Does anybody recommend the warranty or getting any warranty for that matter? I'm new to these kinds of big TV purchases and don't know if the manufacturer warranty is enough.

Thanks.

search this thread for more info about that warranty... I opted for Sears's own extended warranty for my 50" S60 since the terms and conditions were much, much more favorable.
post #4964 of 7070 Old 11-03-2013, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

it would self-destruct in one form or another... wouldn't be pretty
post #4965 of 7070 Old 11-03-2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post

search this thread for more info about that warranty... I opted for Sears's own extended warranty for my 50" S60 since the terms and conditions were much, much more favorable.

Thanks for the info. 

I'm curious how many buyers actually don't get a warranty with their TV?

post #4966 of 7070 Old 11-03-2013, 03:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I didn't say disable - I said reduce. If there is an adjustment, it might not be defaulted to its lowest setting (even with CATS off).
post #4967 of 7070 Old 11-03-2013, 03:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I didn't say disable - I said reduce. If there is an adjustment, it might not be defaulted to its lowest setting (even with CATS off).

I don't think there is one (the service menu in the Panasonics is usually quite sparse vs. Samsung or LG, for example).

And if there is, I wouldn't change it... the panel could run hotter and burn-in could be more likely as a result (if not worse consequences).
post #4968 of 7070 Old 11-03-2013, 03:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well, i doubt it. There wasn't any way in the service menu on my S30. I'm still baffled as to why Panasonic doesn't just make a 'low', 'med' or 'high' ABL option.
post #4969 of 7070 Old 11-03-2013, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emarv View Post

Thanks for the info. 

I'm curious how many buyers actually don't get a warranty with their TV?

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1461177/official-panasonic-s60-series-discussion-thread/4350#post_23809651

here's the first post in response to me asking the same question... if you check the next several pages, you'll find the rest
post #4970 of 7070 Old 11-03-2013, 03:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well, i doubt it. There wasn't any way in the service menu on my S30. I'm still baffled as to why Panasonic doesn't just make a 'low', 'med' or 'high' ABL option.

one reason is that it's essential to normal operation... another is to meet stricter and stricter power consumption requirements (also one of the reasons the TV is so dim of out the box in Standard mode with energy saving on)
post #4971 of 7070 Old 11-03-2013, 04:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

one reason is that it's essential to normal operation... another is to meet stricter and stricter power consumption requirements (also one of the reasons the TV is so dim of out the box in Standard mode with energy saving on)

Even with CATS sett to off and in custom or even vivid mode with the contrast belted to 100 and Panel brightness set to High, the S60 still produces a somewhat dim/dark picture compared to the norm. that's where AGC + BE come into play which saves this tv completely imo, which gives you a life like, brighter and punchier image.

These are my final settings for Bluray/DVD that i'm completely happy with outside of the semi-red push....I have color set to 46 to compensate for now.

Custom Mode

Contrast: 93
Color: 46
Tint: 0
Sharpness: 50

WARM 2

Black Exention: 5

ect ect. Also, best to belt back the High greens(-22 to -25) because out of the box the S60 has a nasty pukish green tone to it. :P
post #4972 of 7070 Old 11-03-2013, 06:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Even with CATS sett to off and in custom or even vivid mode with the contrast belted to 100 and Panel brightness set to High, the S60 still produces a somewhat dim/dark picture compared to the norm. that's where AGC + BE come into play which saves this tv completely imo, which gives you a life like, brighter and punchier image.

These are my final settings for Bluray/DVD that i'm completely happy with outside of the semi-red push....I have color set to 46 to compensate for now.

Custom Mode

Contrast: 93
Color: 46
Tint: 0
Sharpness: 50

WARM 2

Black Exention: 5

ect ect. Also, best to belt back the High greens(-22 to -25) because out of the box the S60 has a nasty pukish green tone to it. :P

if you really want a brighter image, the ST60 or higher is the way to go

you could also look at Samsung's offerings
post #4973 of 7070 Old 11-03-2013, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

if you really want a brighter image, the ST60 or higher is the way to go

you could also look at Samsung's offerings

Like i said, I would of went with either the 60" ST60 or 8500 but they're terrible in regards to input lag when gaming. :P
gamers have a pretty small choice each year.
post #4974 of 7070 Old 11-03-2013, 08:02 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:

Like i said, I would of went with either the 60" ST60 or 8500 but they're terrible in regards to input lag when gaming. :P
gamers have a pretty small choice each year.

Considered the VT60? I think I saw the 55" was $1600 the other day.. got pretty decent response time, great PQ..
post #4975 of 7070 Old 11-03-2013, 10:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtangletn View Post

Considered the VT60? I think I saw the 55" was $1600 the other day.. got pretty decent response time, great PQ..

It's lower than the ST60 isn't it? Pretty odd. Why did the ST60 beat it out in CNET's review considering it's a step down model? Either way, the S60 does 34ms, and i can't deal with anything beyond that. 34ms is enough as it is. :P
And once you go 60", 55" doesn't even cut it. i went from a 60" S30, upgraded to the 55" S60 and ended up taking it back to get the 60". 5" really does make a huge difference. If input lag wasn't an issue i would of saved up the pennies and got a 60" 8500 for the
superior LED-like brightness and less agressive ABL. Thank god, the S60 has AGC + BE controls, otherwise i would be pretty dissapointed with this set! As is, once properly set up it's fantastic. I'd love to keep the color at '50' but i keep knocking it back to either 46 or 47 to compensate for the red push. :P
post #4976 of 7070 Old 11-04-2013, 12:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 827
The ST probably beat the VT in value not performance.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #4977 of 7070 Old 11-04-2013, 12:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

The ST probably beat the VT in value not performance.

Ahh ic, either way the VT60 while having less lag than the ST60's 70+ms, is still disappointing. the VT does around 48ms, big fat pass for moi. :P
And this is coming from somebody who's having a hard time adjusting to the S60's 34ms Vs a 0ms CRT haha.
post #4978 of 7070 Old 11-04-2013, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piexlhoty34 View Post

This TV was making me feel nauseous, not only me but friends and family members, it would be worse when putting motion enhancement on. Movement is not natural even with motion enhancement off, everything seems fast foward. I am not sure but I think this is caused by the 2500 focused field drive, for this reason I am considering getting the s60 which doesn't have that technology.BE5oz

What TV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairchild99 View Post

Current Cinema Calibration done on 11-3-13 4:20pm @ 2251 hours (To check hours, go to Menu, Help, Version, look at Status4. Mine said C2251 as of 11-3-13)

Goal of this calibration was to have a higher gamma to give the picture more pop when viewing in a darkened environment which I do about 80% of the time. Currently watching the Universal Monsters Collection blu-rays which consists of 9 movies on 8 discs. (currently on the Frankenstein disc)

I also checked my last calibration and it was still good and holding strong, so if you were using that one which gives a 2.2 gamma, then you can without any fears. This new one is an average gamma of 2.38

I'm currently using your settings that had contrast at 85 and brightness at -2, I think I came across that one in the owners poll thread. I bought a display model and a new one, just using the display so far and it has 600 hours on it. Is there a place to find all your different calibrations? Is there ever a point where you don't have to adjust the set much further due to aging?

I'm enjoying the set immensely so far. The only thing I could maybe see getting a bit better is some more shadow detail and it seems a touch dark in general when viewing modern HD material with nice dark blacks and dynamic range. Maybe it's actually fine and it's my eyes or the movies are actually like that. I was just watching the new Transformers and was just thinking it seemed like a lot of the business suits went to full black a bit soon. Do you have settings that address this or can I just up the brightness a bit?

This newest one you posted, how would it compare? You just did it for more color pop? I care most about viewing in the dark as well, so I'm curious about this one.

Some more questions for you and anyone else that would like to help:

I think I'm getting some posterization. Noticed it when streaming One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest when panning with a murky background. Notice it a bit when the Marvel logo does their animation splash before their movies.

What does "red push" look like and is their a list or site somewhere the has examples or explanations of all these terms we use to describe PQ?

Under advanced picture I only have:

3:2 Pulldown
Black level (grayed out)
#D Y/C filter (grayed out)

I imagine I don't have some of the other settings because right now I'm only either using the antenna or Amazon Prime, but where do I set 3:2 pulldown and when should it be turned on or off? When do the other 2 grayed out ones come into play? Is streaming high def considered 24p if it's a hollywood film? I don't see any motion smoothing or hz settings or anything. I know this set doesn't do proper 24p handling, but is said to do well in 60hz mode when setting the output device to 60p, but what about streaming and OTA of films...are they not 24p?

Sorry for all the questions.

Quote:

You got to admit the picture does come to life once you set the AGC to 7 and BE to 5 while upping the contrast ect. Without the use of either the S60 has one lifeless picture....

I think if your picture is lifeless you've got a defective model. I'm also curious about the AGC and BE....I've not seen one calibrator take them off zero?

Quote:

You can get a Sears warranty when you don't buy at Sears? Much much more favorable? I thought Square Trade was highly regarded. The only "catch" is they only do repairs or replacement up to the amount of the item purchased, so it's more like insurance.
post #4979 of 7070 Old 11-04-2013, 09:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman74 View Post

1. I'm currently using your settings that had contrast at 85 and brightness at -2, I think I came across that one in the owners poll thread. I bought a display model and a new one, just using the display so far and it has 600 hours on it. Is there a place to find all your different calibrations? Is there ever a point where you don't have to adjust the set much further due to aging?

2. Do you have settings that address this or can I just up the brightness a bit?

3. This newest one you posted, how would it compare? You just did it for more color pop? I care most about viewing in the dark as well, so I'm curious about this one.

4. What does "red push" look like and is their a list or site somewhere the has examples or explanations of all these terms we use to describe PQ?

5. Under advanced picture I only have:

3:2 Pulldown
Black level (grayed out)
#D Y/C filter (grayed out)

I imagine I don't have some of the other settings because right now I'm only either using the antenna or Amazon Prime, but where do I set 3:2 pulldown and when should it be turned on or off? When do the other 2 grayed out ones come into play? Is streaming high def considered 24p if it's a hollywood film? I don't see any motion smoothing or hz settings or anything. I know this set doesn't do proper 24p handling, but is said to do well in 60hz mode when setting the output device to 60p, but what about streaming and OTA of films...are they not 24p?

1. Some users have kept a copy of the settings, I think MountainMichael may have some, you could try pm'ng him. Plasma's will always be changing but yes, as the set ages more and more the settings will not need to be adjusted as much and will hold steady. Generally every 3-6 months to a year you can check the settings and see if any changes are needed in case of drift. Of course this is only going to be doable by those that DIY as I personally wouldn't be paying a pro every 6 months to a year unless they offer some more affordable touch-up fee.

2. All panels may have variance, so the only way to know if the brightness is right is to pop on a brightness clipping pattern or just pop in a blu-ray which has 2.35:1 or 2.4:1 aspect ratio and look at the black bars, if there is absolutely no dithering/pixels firing, then the brightness is fine. Generally you up the brightness one step at a time till pixels start firing in that black area, then lower it one step at a time till they stop firing.

3. I did it to achieve a higher gamma which will give the set more pop and since the viewing environment is in a dark room, gamma of 2.35-2.4 is generally better. For brighter rooms 2.22 gamma is usually better, and some calibrator's even prefer 2.22 in a dark room. You can't go wrong with either gamma. Now there is even a newer standard for gamma called BT.1886 which gives a different gamma curve, but this is not achievable on the S60 without an external video processor or use of 3dluts etc...

4. red push is just too much red in the picture, especially noticeable in flesh tones. The flesh will be too red and perhaps look sun-burned. This is hard to narrow down unless you have some reference blu-ray which has proper flesh-tones. Since different content is mastered different and varies from movie to movie, it is important when looking for this to have content that is known to be mastered correctly.

5. the black level setting should be available on HDMI sources such as a cable-box or a blu-ray player, it will not be changeable in say an antenna/OTA connection, or perhaps some streaming content. To change the 3:2 pulldown you have to be viewing content that is being sent in 480i or 1080i

HTPC/Sony S5100 to Sony HT-CT150 to Panasonic 55" VT60, Sony 32" EX400, Panasonic 50" S60

post #4980 of 7070 Old 11-04-2013, 12:55 PM
Advanced Member

Oh FYI, I did one more calibration this afternoon with same patterns and same meter and same software with same goal of 2.4ish average gamma but this time I focused on making as little changes to the W/B low as possible to prevent excessive red dithering and also to get a bit more shadow detail. This is probably going to be my last calibration on this TV that I'll be posting, as I recently ordered a 55VT60 which hopefully will hold me over till 4k OLED rolls around at non-astronomical prices. tongue.gif

If people want it I'll go ahead and post it.

The color detail changes made were almost exact to the last calibration, just the grayscale that changed drastically, I only had to make a single change to the W/B detail.

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65s60 65 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic 60 Inch Plasma Hdtv Tc P60s60 , Panasonic Tc P55s60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P50s60 50 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic 42 Inch Plasma Hdtv Tc P42s60
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page