Forum Jump: 

post #7141 of 7153 Old 08-28-2014, 12:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmtaub View Post
What he said! I paid $399 for my 50" S60 with 2200 hours on it. It had no IR or burn in, everything worked great, came with remote and stand, and since I bought it from a retailer, 15 day no questions asked return policy. For $350, assuming everything above is on par, go for it.

Also, if you are lucky, you can find a sears refurb for around $600 or on amazon for around $800, so $350 looks pretty good.
Thanks for the advice guys.

This is actually a secondary TV, as I already have a 65" S64 that I bought new last year.

I just feel like this is a great deal. I am probably going to offer $300 and if they accept or meet me half way I'm going to go for it.

The seller claims the TV was purchased less than a year old and in perfect condition.

I won't have any warranty and I will have to transport it laying on its back so there is a slight risk element involved. With no more Panasonic plasmas, the price is so tempting...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7142 of 7153 Old 08-28-2014, 04:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Post Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonMasterTim View Post
FYI for S60/S64 owners, a new firmware update is available.

http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model...s&support#tabs

Released 8/21/14 and "Improves System Stability" according to Panasonic.

I have had some app crashes with Netflix and YouTube recently, so I am hoping this addresses those problems. If we got some app updates (e.g. Hulu and Netflix) that would be sweet, but I don't expect that to be the case.

I will install it tonight if I have time. The Internet update option through the TV hasn't worked for me in the past so I intend to update my S64 via the flash drive method.
The update you are referring to is for smart phone remote applications. Also, just a warning. They recently offered an internet network update for the ST50. After it was installed, the Netflix interface was only able to stream up to 720p. Official Panasonic ST50 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] I would check with Panasonic before doing any future updates to make sure they are absolutely necessary.

Ian

The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice you give to others

Last edited by mailiang; 08-28-2014 at 04:37 PM.
post #7143 of 7153 Old 08-29-2014, 02:52 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailiang View Post
The update you are referring to is for smart phone remote applications. Also, just a warning. They recently offered an internet network update for the ST50. After it was installed, the Netflix interface was only able to stream up to 720p. Official Panasonic ST50 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] I would check with Panasonic before doing any future updates to make sure they are absolutely necessary.

Ian
Thanks, Ian. Wow! You're in all sorts of threads, aren't you? Me too, actually. Well, you're right. The example short confirms that I'm getting only 720p now. Well, I will be back to using my PS3 for most Netflix streaming now.
post #7144 of 7153 Old 08-29-2014, 06:38 AM - Thread Starter
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by angle_theory View Post
Thanks for the advice guys. This is actually a secondary TV, as I already have a 65" S64 that I bought new last year. I just feel like this is a great deal. I am probably going to offer $300 and if they accept or meet me half way I'm going to go for it. The seller claims the TV was purchased less than a year old and in perfect condition. I won't have any warranty and I will have to transport it laying on its back so there is a slight risk element involved. With no more Panasonic plasmas, the price is so tempting...
If the TV doesn't have any damage and the panel doesn't have any burn-in, then it's a great deal even if it has a lot of hours on it. The lowest i remember the 50" S60 going for was $699 at BB. I wouldn't even haggle with $350, i'd just snatch it up before someone else does.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
post #7145 of 7153 Old 08-29-2014, 12:57 PM

Well, I found and downloaded the prior firmware version, 2.211. I am going to attempt a rollback of the firmware this weekend. It may not permit me to install and older version, as some products do. I'll let you know how it goes.
post #7146 of 7153 Old 08-29-2014, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Well, I found and downloaded the prior firmware version, 2.211. I am going to attempt a rollback of the firmware this weekend. It may not permit me to install and older version, as some products do. I'll let you know how it goes.
The latest firmware update should not effect your network speed. That's a different firmware fix from the one that concerns the older 50 series. If you are not getting Netflix Super HD from your S60, check all your network settings. It may be an issue with your connection or ISP.

Ian

post #7147 of 7153 Old Yesterday, 03:47 AM

Quote:
The latest firmware update should not effect your network speed. That's a different firmware fix from the one that concerns the older 50 series. If you are not getting Netflix Super HD from your S60, check all your network settings. It may be an issue with your connection or ISP.

Ian
Thanks, Ian. But I assure you it is not an issue with my ISP or settings. I tried the test using the example short from Netflix at 5 AM in the morning when congestion and other factors aren't an issue. I also noticed it the night prior while watching a movie. Switching to the PS3 I quickly get to and hold Super HD. The TVs Netflix app had had no problems getting to and holding Super HD prior to the firmware update.
post #7148 of 7153 Old Yesterday, 04:16 AM

It is no good, guys. If you want to keep getting Netflix streams above 3 Mbps, do NOT install this latest firmware, 2.212. I attempted to rollback to version 2.211 and the TV will not accept it. I receive a message stating I need to check the media. Now Netflix will get to 720p at 3000 kbps, no problem. It holds there are never goes above that. It was working just fine prior to the update, going to HD and Super HD.
post #7149 of 7153 Old Yesterday, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
It is no good, guys. If you want to keep getting Netflix streams above 3 Mbps, do NOT install this latest firmware, 2.212. I attempted to rollback to version 2.211 and the TV will not accept it. I receive a message stating I need to check the media. Now Netflix will get to 720p at 3000 kbps, no problem. It holds there are never goes above that. It was working just fine prior to the update, going to HD and Super HD.
How is your set connected to the internet and what ISP are you using?

Ian

Last edited by mailiang; Yesterday at 08:55 AM.
post #7150 of 7153 Old Yesterday, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:

I seem to be having the same problem (i.e. can't get past 720p), but I haven't updated the firmware -- mine is still 2.211. I suspect the issue may be with the Netflix service, but I don't know.
post #7151 of 7153 Old Yesterday, 11:17 AM

Quote:
How is your set connected to the internet and what ISP are you using?

Ian
Wired. AT&T. My Internet connection is not the problem.
post #7152 of 7153 Old Yesterday, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWetmore View Post
I seem to be having the same problem (i.e. can't get past 720p), but I haven't updated the firmware -- mine is still 2.211. I suspect the issue may be with the Netflix service, but I don't know.
Interesting that you're having the same issue with the older firmware. I don't know what is going on but I did submit a ticket to Panasonic about it.
post #7153 of 7153 Old Yesterday, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWetmore View Post
Quote:
Wired. AT&T. My Internet connection is not the problem.
I agree! Suddenly not receiving Super HD encodes on my Panasonic TV tonight! Stream will only ramp up to 720p (3000kps). This problem seems to be spreading, and limited to devices with the older interface (See thread). Now it even effects Open Connect ISP's. This is not a Panasonic issue, it is a Netflix problem. My set has never received a firmware update. I have contacted Netflix and filed a complaint. Anyone having the same issue should do the same.

Ian

Last edited by mailiang; Yesterday at 11:07 PM. Reason: Update
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65s60 65 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic 60 Inch Plasma Hdtv Tc P60s60 , Panasonic Tc P55s60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P50s60 50 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic 42 Inch Plasma Hdtv Tc P42s60
Gear in this thread - P42s60 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page