Official Panasonic S60 Series Discussion Thread - Page 242 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #7231 of 7242 Unread 11-13-2014, 11:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 348
I output my Panasonic DMP85 player at 24p and haven't had any issues with the S60. It actually looks cleaner then outputting it to 60. Same goes for my older Panasonic C2.

Ian

The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice you give to others

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7232 of 7242 Unread 11-14-2014, 08:07 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 73
I use a Sony S5100. Most of the time I output 1080p/24 to the S60. Yes, on brighter scenes there is some noticeable flicker, but that becomes less noticeable as your eyes adjust and is not seen at all on lower ABL scenes. It looks fine outputting 60p, but the motion is much much smoother at 24p.

I've mentioned the picture settings I use a few times.. FairChild99 at 2200+ hours, may tweak a bit for black crush reduction.

Panasonic TC-P55S60
Sony S5100 BD-Player
RCA 5 disc DVD HTIB for 5.1 Surround
post #7233 of 7242 Unread 11-14-2014, 11:31 AM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 64
The PS3 set to 24p with the S60/4 set to 48Hz caused a lot of flicker, very noticeable on bright scenes. But I purchased a 2013 Panasonic BDT230 BD player and found that either it works better with the S60 or my eyes have adjusted to it. I recently watched Transformers 4 with the BD player outputting 24p and the TV set to 48Hz (as opposed to 60Hz) and it looked good to me. You're likely used to 60Hz already, so it may not be a big deal anyway.
post #7234 of 7242 Unread 11-18-2014, 04:35 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I have the 42" S60 and the Netflix feature is driving me up the wall. Everyday I get the aip-701 trouble code and have to Deactivate and sign back in. This is annoying as all this has to be done with the remote control and my three year old crying in my ear.

I've signed out and back in everyday for almost a month.
I've reduced the picture quality from HD to medium.
I've checked my internet speed on my computer and it always ranges between 17 - 25 mbps.
I have the TV plugged straight into the router.

Once I've deactivated and signed back in I am able to use the Netflix for 8-24 hours but inevitably I get the aip-701 code. The Netflix application loads completely and all the thumbnails of movies we've watched and are available show up but trying to play something results in the error code.

I need help.
post #7235 of 7242 Unread 11-18-2014, 05:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.steevo View Post
I have the 42" S60 and the Netflix feature is driving me up the wall. Everyday I get the aip-701 trouble code and have to Deactivate and sign back in. This is annoying as all this has to be done with the remote control and my three year old crying in my ear.

I've checked my internet speed on my computer and it always ranges between 17 - 25 mbps.

Once I've deactivated and signed back in I am able to use the Netflix for 8-24 hours but inevitably I get the aip-701 code. The Netflix application loads completely and all the thumbnails of movies we've watched and are available show up but trying to play something results in the error code.

I need help.
Have you tried what looks like an old nintendo cheat code? Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up Go to the help page for instructions.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/13815
post #7236 of 7242 Unread 11-18-2014, 06:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked: 277
Quote:

I need help.

Attempting to play the same vid had worked for me in the past when I experienced the error code. I never tried the button sequence but I don't think netflix would put something like that if it didn't have an effect on the registration. Try it as that's much better than advising to power cycle the router.

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
post #7237 of 7242 Unread 11-18-2014, 06:35 PM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:

I need help.

There was a firmware update. Did you update? That might help.
ToonMasterTim likes this.
post #7238 of 7242 Unread 11-18-2014, 08:18 PM

"Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up"

This is what I have been doing everyday for a month. Then signing in with the remote (which is painful).

Cravit8,
The aip-701 error code is continuous regardless of how many times I try to replay a show. Signing out of All Devices at Netflix's website does nothing meaning I have to deauthorize using the remote control "cheat code" and sign back in.

dmtaub,
Firmware version is 2.212

Thanks for the suggestions. I'd appreciate more if anyone has something to add.
post #7239 of 7242 Unread 11-19-2014, 06:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
"Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up"

This is what I have been doing everyday for a month. Then signing in with the remote (which is painful).

Cravit8,

The aip-701 error code is continuous regardless of how many times I try to replay a show. Signing out of All Devices at Netflix's website does nothing meaning I have to deauthorize using the remote control "cheat code" and sign back in.

dmtaub,

Firmware version is 2.212

Thanks for the suggestions. I'd appreciate more if anyone has something to add.

A last ditch effort maybe to reset the TV to factory settings and then update the firmware. And at the same time unregister all devices on Netflix. You will need a USB drive to update the firmware since the TVs no longer recognize the new firmware releases over the Internet.

There is a reason that Netflix is only giving a 24 hour token, and my guess is that it is software related on the TV.

post #7240 of 7242 Unread 11-19-2014, 06:45 AM

I updated the Firmware about 6 weeks ago using the USB drive. Are you saying I need to reset the TV and reinstall the existing firmware?

I'll give it a shot tonight.
post #7241 of 7242 Unread Yesterday, 06:53 AM

I spoke with Panasonic who stated they have had a lot of complaints about this issue and suggested a factory reset as well. So far since doing it I have not had the problem and it has been 40 hours. Fingers crossed.
whipit likes this.
post #7242 of 7242 Unread Yesterday, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I spoke with Panasonic who stated they have had a lot of complaints about this issue and suggested a factory reset as well. So far since doing it I have not had the problem and it has been 40 hours. Fingers crossed.

Great news. I thought the factory reset would do it since I don't think the firmware updates include app updates.

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65s60 65 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic 60 Inch Plasma Hdtv Tc P60s60 , Panasonic Tc P55s60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P50s60 50 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic 42 Inch Plasma Hdtv Tc P42s60
Gear in this thread - P42s60 by PriceGrabber.com