Official Panasonic S60 Series Discussion Thread - Page 243 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #7261 of 7268 Old Yesterday, 07:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 73
A lot of those intense bright whites actually hurt my eyes, strain them even in daylight viewing.

Panasonic TC-P55S60
Sony S5100 BD-Player
RCA 5 disc DVD HTIB for 5.1 Surround
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7262 of 7268 Old Yesterday, 09:56 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by panasonic2014 View Post
Hi all,

I just wanted to provide an update on my screen setting issue. I was in attendance at the suns vs. raptors game last night (go raptors!) and was surprised that the colours on the court were not as bright as I had thought. The actual brightness of the court was also less than I expected. I think that watching LCD panels for some time has thrown off my perception. The big screens above the court also showed a really nice picture and we're not overly bright, and comparable to what my plasma was showing with Fairchilds settings. Therefore, it will take some time to get used to but really is a more realistic picture of what is out there. I want to thank all of you for your input.
After attending the Dolphins vs Lions game at Ford Field the other week, my sentiments match yours to a tee. Seeing the field in person revealed that in actuality, the field is rather bland and dull (at least in that stadium). Our perception has been tainted by visually "enhanced" pictures and videos.

For those that want a more LCD look when watching sports, try Standard mode, with CATS off, switched to Warm 1, and with Vivid Color off. The colors will be over saturated and overly sharp (try lowering to 50-20), but it should give you that punchy LCD picture that you're looking for. Sometimes when watching sports during a bright, sunny afternoon, this is what I'll do, and to me, it doesn't look absolutely horrible, just not accurate. I would never do this for movies or any "serious" watching though.
post #7263 of 7268 Old Yesterday, 11:30 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I know its a longshot but anyone know where I could pick up one of these or the TX-p42st60? New, refurb or used
post #7264 of 7268 Old Yesterday, 11:43 AM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstyv View Post
I know its a longshot but anyone know where I could pick up one of these or the TX-p42st60? New, refurb or used

Panny never made a 42" st60. They did make the s60 in that size, but was discontinued very early in 2013 production. Check Craigslist. You might get lucky.
post #7265 of 7268 Old Yesterday, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmtaub View Post
Panny never made a 42" st60. They did make the s60 in that size, but was discontinued very early in 2013 production. Check Craigslist. You might get lucky.
Sorry I should have specified its a uk model and given a link
http://www.panasonic.com/uk/consumer...-p42st60b.html
post #7266 of 7268 Old Yesterday, 11:59 AM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstyv View Post
Sorry I should have specified its a uk model and given a link
http://www.panasonic.com/uk/consumer...-p42st60b.html

Probably should have mentioned UK...
post #7267 of 7268 Old Yesterday, 06:21 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacation View Post
After attending the Dolphins vs Lions game at Ford Field the other week, my sentiments match yours to a tee. Seeing the field in person revealed that in actuality, the field is rather bland and dull (at least in that stadium). Our perception has been tainted by visually "enhanced" pictures and videos.

For those that want a more LCD look when watching sports, try Standard mode, with CATS off, switched to Warm 1, and with Vivid Color off. The colors will be over saturated and overly sharp (try lowering to 50-20), but it should give you that punchy LCD picture that you're looking for. Sometimes when watching sports during a bright, sunny afternoon, this is what I'll do, and to me, it doesn't look absolutely horrible, just not accurate. I would never do this for movies or any "serious" watching though.
Thanks for the heads-up and I will definitely try those settings when I need a boost in brightness. Does anyone have any input on gaming on this set? I ask because video games nowadays emphasize brightness and vivid colours. Im wondering if we are somewhat missing out on how these games were intended to be played since the sets are calibrated to a more realistic picture.
post #7268 of 7268 Old Yesterday, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmtaub View Post
Probably should have mentioned UK...

I'm in the US not UK, but I am open to finding this set anywhere in the world.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65s60 65 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic 60 Inch Plasma Hdtv Tc P60s60 , Panasonic Tc P55s60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P50s60 50 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic 42 Inch Plasma Hdtv Tc P42s60
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page