Official Panasonic S60 Series Discussion Thread - Page 246 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #7351 of 7351 Unread Today, 10:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'm not sure about how it matches the GT60 however the board design was based on the original ST60 and then modified some, the weight difference is almost entirely because of the thickness of the front glass (it was designed to sustain hard impacts for use in public spaces) and the thickness is for ventilation, both my panels never get hot even though they are pulling down plenty of watts for their size.

65" PB2 is about 100 watts more powerful than the 65" ST60 (lets assume 80 watts are for display and 10+10 for fan and speaker terminals) so ABL should not kick hard until after 50% average brightness has been passed, low APL brightness will be quite impressive because it has half the gradations of the ST60 (addressing steps are costly and leave less time for light generation, that is why the GT60 peaks higher than VT60 and S60 peaks higher than ST60)

Motion quality is hard to say, on paper GT60 has the latest processor and is a 3D panel but it has the motion bug, if the PB2 is not bugged I would give it the edge even if it had the several generations old S60 processor and S60 panel (nice efficiency, slower decay but with more IR resistance) but I'm guessing it probably has the ST60 panel in combination with the S60 processor (marked by the lack of 3D)

It's sad that with plasmas you are always compromising but these TV companies will turn around and dump absurd money on FALD LCD that completely sucks for its price under real conditions, with the same ingredients plasma would be beating OLED into the next decade

PDPs Panasonic 50PF30, 42PF30, 50PH9 | CRTs Sony Trinitron 21", Philips 36PW9607
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65s60 65 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic 60 Inch Plasma Hdtv Tc P60s60 , Panasonic Tc P55s60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P50s60 50 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic 42 Inch Plasma Hdtv Tc P42s60
Gear in this thread - P42s60 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page