Forum Jump: 

post #1801 of 7315 Old 05-30-2013, 01:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 232
I am going to purchase the 65S64.

Can I get your all's opinion of my purchasing options...what route I should take.

Over in our threads plasma deals thread I broke down all my options. Called both Sam's and Costco, as well as their extended warranty places, including SquareTrade.

As to not clog up this thread here is the link to my findings. I you all could comment there it would be helpful to me and appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1470172/panasonic-tc-65ps64-65-plasma-1399-99-5-year-warranty-for-only-99-99/30#post_23372972
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1802 of 7315 Old 05-30-2013, 02:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I currently have a Sony KD-34XBR970 CRT tv. It has a 34" diagonal 16:9 screen and to me the picture is beautiful.
I recently picked up a Panasonic TC-P42S60 for $399 from Sears which I haven't opened yet.
My local Sears is saying that as soon as I open the box I will have to pay a 15% restocking fee if I choose to return the TV for a refund.
Will the Panasonic picture quality and lack of motion blur be as good or better than my old Sony?
I don't really need a bigger picture and I don't want to take a step backwards in quality.
Does anyone who has had a Sony CRT like mine have an opinion?
thanks
post #1803 of 7315 Old 05-30-2013, 02:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by connmen View Post

MountainMichael - I had an S60 with a lot of popping, like literally every couple of minutes. Returned it, and I now have an S60 that pops periodically but really not much. And very quietly at that. I think it is the nature of the way this television is constructed that it will pop occasionally.

Thank you for your input. I consider that valuable to know. I could return this panel and get a noisier one. The "ticks" have been only 2 in 270(?) hours and so soft most people would not hear it. They happen to be in a frequency where I still hear exceptionally well. Unless it gets much worse, with no buzz and no dead pixels, I'll call T3 a "keeper".

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon9887 View Post

My 50" s60 is making a lot of noise for me now, from the bezel that is. It's very disconcerting that the sound is so high pitched, almost like glass cracking, but I can make it happen by squeezing the corners lightly, so I am 99% sure it is the bezel and not the panel itself. Once I turn the tv on, it starts cracking after 10 minutes or so, and keeps doing it for quite a while, then settles down.

There has been no issues with the TV itself aside from this so I am not inclined to do anything like a return or exchange. I like the picture too much!

Info appreciated. Helps me keep it in perspective. It could be I actually have a pretty quiet panel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nopedals View Post

Just to follow up, SEKO called, but unfortunately my wife answered the phone and rescheduled the delivery into next week (aagh!)

I called them right away to get back on the schedule, but they told me tough luck. Joke's on me!

Sorry to hear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

Can I get your all's opinion of my purchasing options...what route I should take.

Over in our threads plasma deals thread I broke down all my options. Called both Sam's and Costco, as well as their extended warranty places, including SquareTrade.

As to not clog up this thread here is the link to my findings. I you all could comment there it would be helpful to me and appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1470172/panasonic-tc-65ps64-65-plasma-1399-99-5-year-warranty-for-only-99-99/30#post_23372972

I tried to leave 5 star product feedback in Sam's, but they refused to put it up. I guess I don't blame them since even the title said: "Excellent product but get it elsewhere". In text in that never-posted-feedback, I suggested people use CostCo due to very poor customer service from Sam's. Covered earlier in thread so I'll not beat a dead horse.

Could this be why Sam's has zero reviews on the S64 so far?? wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Actually, I don't blame them for not posting my review. It is a product review and not a seller review.

Additionally, it appears to me that if you want an extended warranty, you will get more for your buck IF you buy both TV and warranty from CostCo.

However, I've never made a major purchase from CostCo so I don't know how their customer service is. Taking a leap of logic, though, I see no way it could be worse than Sam's reps and supervisors.

Some of it was luck of the draw. Some here have said Sam's reps or supervisors were courteous, professional and reasonable with them. I saw the other side of the coin.
post #1804 of 7315 Old 05-30-2013, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
No pops or ticks here yet.

However, on Monday night, with the set having being off for hours, I smelled this horrible electric/plastic burning smell and it seemed to come out of the right rear vent. When I turned on the TV a few hours later, the smell was gone. Tuesday night I discovered the cause of the smell when I couldn't get Internet connection from a computer I was trying to rebuild and load Window updates on in my basement - it turned out my 8-port Linksys switch placed on the right side upper shelf on my AV stand had burned out and was the source of the smell. Phew - what a relief!

I ordered a gigabit switch for a replacement and checking the S64 manual noticed that the Ethernet port is only 100 Mbps, which makes sense as one TV source program can't push enough data to require gigabit throughput. The gigabit switch is more than I need until the day I build an AV server to store all my video and audio (1000+ CDs will need to be copied).
post #1805 of 7315 Old 05-30-2013, 02:31 PM

Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc View Post

I'm watching Avatar right now on my 42S60 using 48Hz and I actually really like it! Thanks for the tip El Matadurr, I wouldn't have thought to try it myself.
Welcome to the 48hz club. wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoozthatat View Post

Interesting, I wonder if this is just an improvement on the S60 or possibly more Panasonic FPs? I've never been able to stand 48Hz, flicker has always been unbearable.
It's gotten better. 48hz on my ST30 (just tested it with the same scenes from Avatar that I tested with the S60) is noticeably worse. Still watchable, but you can see a lot more flicker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairchild99 View Post

My guess is the smaller the screen the more tolerable the flicker would be. The larger the screen, the more flicker will be in your face and distracting and causing your eyes to strain. wink.gif
Possible, though a bigger factor is viewing distance and ambient lighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMichael View Post

Heard my first 2 "pops" in the past few days. 2 days ago, there was a very minor "tick" barely audible. I wasn't really sure it was the TV since it was so quiet I couldn't really localize it. It occurred while the swamp cooler was on so indoor temps were dropping. That timing makes me think simple cooling contraction.

Today, I had pixel flipper running for a couple of hours. This time it made a minor "tick" - barely audible - timed precisely when I stopped flipper. The timbre of the tick was different. Being momentary, I can't be certain, but I kinda' think it was located about 1 foot up and left of center and from the back. The timing makes me think power board. It could easily be from somewhere else on the assembly.

I'm guessing that on big panels this sort of thing isn't uncommon. If it remains barely audible and infrequent, I won't have a problem with it.

OTOH, if it turns into a firecracker "BANG" that makes me jump bolt upright like my 36" Toshiba CRT did at odd times throughout its life, Sam's might be getting it back. I really like the S64 otherwise, so I hope it doesn't get a lot worse or become frequent.

For the record, this began at about 250 hours.

S64 owners: Any other people hearing ticks or pops?
If it does it every few minutes, the firecracker BANG, then you may have a faulty power board like I had. Keep an eye on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

If you have a Costco within a couple hours of your house, and a truck, go for their 65S64 with the 5-year warranty option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Goudy View Post

I currently have a Sony KD-34XBR970 CRT tv. It has a 34" diagonal 16:9 screen and to me the picture is beautiful.
I recently picked up a Panasonic TC-P42S60 for $399 from Sears which I haven't opened yet.
My local Sears is saying that as soon as I open the box I will have to pay a 15% restocking fee if I choose to return the TV for a refund.
Will the Panasonic picture quality and lack of motion blur be as good or better than my old Sony?
I don't really need a bigger picture and I don't want to take a step backwards in quality.
thanks
42S60 will be a marked improvement over the Sony. That's a near 7-year old tube you're talking, here.
post #1806 of 7315 Old 05-30-2013, 02:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTimeShifter View Post

No pops or ticks here yet...

Input appreciated. I'm glad it was something cheap that was toast versus having to return the panel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Matadurr View Post

,,,If it does it every few minutes, the firecracker BANG, then you may have a faulty power board like I had. Keep an eye on it...

Thank you for your input. I'll do that. I've even calendared reminders in my pc to make sure I'm pretty critical about it before the return period is up. Doesn't sound like there will be any doubts, though. If it gets loud and often, it goes back.
post #1807 of 7315 Old 05-30-2013, 02:48 PM

I bought a 50" from Best Buy and was delivered today. I am not at home and won't be for a month or 2. Is it OK to leave the TV on factory setting? I can give my wife settings over the phone but she seems to like how it looks right now.
post #1808 of 7315 Old 05-30-2013, 02:50 PM

Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by peshewah View Post

I bought a 50" from Best Buy and was delivered today. I am not at home and won't be for a month or 2. Is it OK to leave the TV on factory setting? I can give my wife settings over the phone but she seems to like how it looks right now.
It's "O.K." to do that, but your wife will probably hate the picture when the lights start coming on. Tell her to change it to vivid/cinema and play around with the [BASIC] picture controls.

But, if she's still happy with it as-is, I wouldn't worry. smile.gif
post #1809 of 7315 Old 05-30-2013, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I replaced a 34XBR800 with the 65S64. The XBR970 AFAIK is the replacement for the XBR800 with more lines of resolution.
My S64's PQ is superior to my old Sony - colors much more vivid and lifelike and I haven't noticed any motion blur yet. The only negatives in comparison is noticeable dithering in solid backgrounds like on news station props and solid white backgrounds looking greyish. I think the solid white scenes are all computer generated, such as advertisements and menu screens - nothing you'd ever see in a real outdoor scene.
post #1810 of 7315 Old 05-30-2013, 03:00 PM

Thank you El Matadurr
post #1811 of 7315 Old 05-30-2013, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peshewah View Post

Have her turn off power savings and CATS!
post #1812 of 7315 Old 05-30-2013, 04:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:

thanks

Yes the S60 will be better, though the blacks won't be quite as good. I owned the legendary XBR960 for 6 years.
post #1813 of 7315 Old 05-30-2013, 06:29 PM

Well, my wife said that as it got darker in the room the tv picture got darker as well. So I told her to turn off Power savings and cats ( thank you HD time shifter) and she did. It helped. That was a pain in the @#$%^. I want to tell her to change it to vivid or cinema but the menu stuff stresses her out and me as well. Wish I was home. Thank you guys for all your help.
post #1814 of 7315 Old 05-30-2013, 06:31 PM

delete post.
post #1815 of 7315 Old 05-30-2013, 06:31 PM

Quote:

thanks

Like others have said, of course there will be an improvement. But because s60/64 are entry level plasma there will be missing a few features and there may be one or two things that annoy you slightly. Overall though, it's a great TV and it can hang in there with tv's much more expensive then itself. Great picture quality, you will absolutely NOT be disappointed there. Just keep this in mind:

1)Plasmas make a buzzing/humming noise while turned on. With the volume at a normal level, you wont notice it but when turned down lower or during a quiet scene in a movie you definitely hear it. This REALLY bothered me at first but i've adjusted to it.

2)Plasmas get quite hot

3)There's noticeable motion blur, at least in my set. It seems to have reduced a bit as the set aged

Overall for the price your paying for the size of these tv's as well as the picture quality, you should be happy.
post #1816 of 7315 Old 05-30-2013, 08:12 PM

Liked: 11
I just purchased this TV Monday of this week. I haven't used it much but I've noticed a snowy look to it. I thought that it could be the signal from DirecTV so I tried Black Ops on my PS3 and still noticed the snowy look at times. I then thought it could be my Onkyo surround sound which I had my PS3 and DirecTV running through, all HDMI. However, the snowyness continued when connected directly from the PS3 or the DirecTV box. Then I noticed that when I had the Black Ops menu open while I was messing around with the TV settings, the TV had decided to retain the menu from Black Ops. On top of that, I can see Viera in the upper left corner from the TV menu.

I'm not an expert and I don't know much of anything about TV's. I relied on CNET's review that this TV was the highest rated of the TV's in the price range I was looking for. However, I am very displeased. Has anyone else had any snowy issues with the TV? Any image retention issues? Could I just have a bad set? I'm really at the point of returning it to Best Buy and getting an LED.

Someone please help!!
post #1817 of 7315 Old 05-30-2013, 08:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintabone View Post

I just purchased this TV Monday of this week. I haven't used it much but I've noticed a snowy look to it. I thought that it could be the signal from DirecTV so I tried Black Ops on my PS3 and still noticed the snowy look at times. I then thought it could be my Onkyo surround sound which I had my PS3 and DirecTV running through, all HDMI. However, the snowyness continued when connected directly from the PS3 or the DirecTV box. Then I noticed that when I had the Black Ops menu open while I was messing around with the TV settings, the TV had decided to retain the menu from Black Ops. On top of that, I can see Viera in the upper left corner from the TV menu.

I'm not an expert and I don't know much of anything about TV's. I relied on CNET's review that this TV was the highest rated of the TV's in the price range I was looking for. However, I am very displeased. Has anyone else had any snowy issues with the TV? Any image retention issues? Could I just have a bad set? I'm really at the point of returning it to Best Buy and getting an LED.

Someone please help!!

Is your TV an S60 or S64?

Sorry to hear you're not getting good picture. That does not sound normal at all.

Some dithering is normal and settles down quite a bit in the first few hundred hours. But that isn't snow. So:

Have you tried different HDMI cables? Some cable ends aren't happy in some sockets. How about re-routing HDMI cables away from any noise sources? Is there anything you can think of that may be making video noise? I know this is basic, but do you have the correct HDMI input selected in the menu on the TV?

I hope not, but it is possible you got a bad TV. My first 55ST60 had to be returned. One guy in here had problems with one HDMI port on his S60 but the other worked ok. He had to return that one due to a bad HDMI port. Maybe try the other HDMI input for troubleshooting purposes.

Some people in here have had some IR, others haven't. Some believe that it varies from TV to TV even in the same model line. I don't have an opinion on that, just sayin'. I've seen a small amount of IR if I fall asleep leaving the Amazon vids menu up for 4 or 5 hours with some settings a bit on the bright side. It's gone in 30 minutes of normal content. Or pixel flipper gets rid of it pronto. Some say the tendency to IR reduces after a few hundred hours of break in. Some say: Not so much.

Hopefully the more knowledgeable in here will have other suggestions. Best of luck to you and I hope you'll update with whatever you find.

mm
post #1818 of 7315 Old 05-30-2013, 08:28 PM

Liked: 21
Quote:

Someone please help!!

You are probably referring to dithering or noise, which for the most part is native to plasma technology. This should not be an issue at normal sitting distances with the right settings. You may have the brightness cranked too high, or some setting out of line. If you are noticing this going on heavily inside of the black bars on a 21:9 movie for example, then you need to readjust the settings.

I personally have never had an issue with dithering, but I guess some people could be annoyed by it. I was looking for examples online and in most of them, the person was zooming the camera in to within a few inches of the screen. Who honestly watches TV like that. If you are seeing this from normal viewing distances, then it needs to be adjusted. If you are standing 6 inches away from a 65" set looking for issues, then I believe you need to step back and watch it like it's made to be watched and stop looking for small issues, but that is my opinion.

On a side note, can you take a picture of what you are seeing?

edit: I have had zero issues with gaming on my S64. I have done a few hour or two sessions, and none of them have left any IR. My old LG plasma would have IR just by bringing a menu up and back down for example, but the S64 can be paused on the Netflix home screen for a few minutes just sitting there and not have any visible IR. I try to not leave things sitting there for too long, but I would feel safe even if I did.

2nd edit: Example of heavy dithering in blacks. The pixels would be bouncing on and off really quickly, aka snowy.
MountainMichael likes this.
post #1819 of 7315 Old 05-30-2013, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMichael View Post

Is your TV an S60 or S64?

Sorry to hear you're not getting good picture. That does not sound normal at all.

Have you tried different HDMI cables? Some cable ends aren't happy in some sockets. How about re-routing HDMI cables away from any noise sources? Is there anything you can think of that may be making video noise?

I hope not, but it is possible you got a bad TV. My first 55ST60 had to be returned. One guy in here had problems with one HDMI port on his S60 but the other worked ok. He had to return that one. Maybe try the other HDMI input in case that is what is going on.

Some people in here have had some IR, others haven't. Some believe that it varies from TV to TV. I don't have an opinion on that, just sayin'.

Hopefully the more knowledgeable in here will have other suggestions. Best of luck to you and I hope you'll update with whatever you find.

mm

It's an S60. I have tried a couple of HDMI cables that I have and same thing seems to happen. I noticed that when I had Black Ops running the other night, the snowyness kind of seemed to come and go. Comparing something as simple as the DirecTV menu from the S60 to an older Vizio that is in our living room, the Vizio looks much sharper. Pardon my ignorance but what are some causes of video noise? I have a 3 tier entertainment center. The DirecTV box is very small, I also have the PS3 and an Onkyo 7.1 surround sound on the stand. There are tons of speaker wires behind the system due to the surround sound.

The image retention I'm guessing likely isn't permanent at this point but it is very discouraging after making a purchase like this. It's very evident and after having the TV for such a short time frame, I don't want to hold on to it and run the risk of it being a dud.
post #1820 of 7315 Old 05-30-2013, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy1234 View Post

You are probably referring to dithering or noise, which for the most part is native to plasma technology. This should not be an issue at normal sitting distances with the right settings. You may have the brightness cranked too high, or some setting out of line. If you are noticing this going on heavily inside of the black bars on a 21:9 movie for example, then you need to readjust the settings.

I personally have never had an issue with dithering, but I guess some people could be annoyed by it. I was looking for examples online and in most of them, the person was zooming the camera in to within a few inches of the screen. Who honestly watches TV like that. If you are seeing this from normal viewing distances, then it needs to be adjusted. If you are standing 6 inches away from a 65" set looking for issues, then I believe you need to step back and watch it like it's made to be watched and stop looking for small issues, but that is my opinion.

On a side note, can you take a picture of what you are seeing?

I think it would be difficult to see in a photo. You are probably right that I'm looking at it too closely but even from a reasonable distance from the TV when looking at black sections of the DirecTV menu it just looks very grainy. Or the black of the Call of Duty menu can tend to look grainy. And the fact that I've seen it and then not seen it while playing Black Ops as a test is a bit discouraging. Add in the slight image retention that I'm seeing I guess you could say that I'm kind of freaking out that I spent $700+ on something that I'm not going to be happy with.
post #1821 of 7315 Old 05-30-2013, 08:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

It's an S60. I have tried a couple of HDMI cables that I have and same thing seems to happen. I noticed that when I had Black Ops running the other night, the snowyness kind of seemed to come and go. Comparing something as simple as the DirecTV menu from the S60 to an older Vizio that is in our living room, the Vizio looks much sharper. Pardon my ignorance but what are some causes of video noise? I have a 3 tier entertainment center. The DirecTV box is very small, I also have the PS3 and an Onkyo 7.1 surround sound on the stand. There are tons of speaker wires behind the system due to the surround sound.

The image retention I'm guessing likely isn't permanent at this point but it is very discouraging after making a purchase like this. It's very evident and after having the TV for such a short time frame, I don't want to hold on to it and run the risk of it being a dud.

From what I've read, causes of video noise:

HDMI cables are shielded; some better than others. Other nearby cables may have a shielding problem. I've also read that power cords and maybe speaker wires should be kept away from HDMI cables. I gave my HDMI cable a totally clear path. That means other wires and cables could have some noise, but the critical HDMI cable is away from everything wherever possible.

Some content has some serious dithering that I would almost call snow. Like in Amazon Vids, some shows are apparently converted by Amazon worse than others. Likewise, I played a blu ray Stephen Seagal movie that was apparently done on a cut rate budget. That one had dithering to the point of snow in some scenes. If ya' can believe this, some scenes were in SD.

Here's a test: Maybe get D-Nice's slides on a USB drive, plug it in and get media player running. The brighter colors and brightest grey slides will have dithering, especially at first. But it shouldn't be snow. Not sure how much that would prove.

As bama said, maybe you can post a few pics so we can see what you're talking about?

Sorry. Not a lot of help there, probably. Hope you get it nailed down.
post #1822 of 7315 Old 05-30-2013, 08:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I think it would be difficult to see in a photo. You are probably right that I'm looking at it too closely but even from a reasonable distance from the TV when looking at black sections of the DirecTV menu it just looks very grainy. Or the black of the Call of Duty menu can tend to look grainy. And the fact that I've seen it and then not seen it while playing Black Ops as a test is a bit discouraging. Add in the slight image retention that I'm seeing I guess you could say that I'm kind of freaking out that I spent $700+ on something that I'm not going to be happy with.

If it is snow, something is wrong. If it is dithering, that supposedly reduces quite a bit in most plasma panels in the first few hundred hours. It reduced quite a bit in my ST60 in 200 hours and has reduced a lot in my 65PS64 in 270 hours.

From what I've read, the plasma pixels are a bit hyperactive when new. Not sure it ever goes away totally. I'm convinced that when I rarely see it, it is usually bad/noisy content. Speaking of that, I do see it more in video games. El Matadurr: Whatcha' think on that last bit? Or any of this...
post #1823 of 7315 Old 05-30-2013, 08:50 PM

Quote:

I understand what you are talking about. I just sounds kind of strange that you are having heavy IR and weird picture effects. I would say maybe try some of the user settings in this post and see if they help any, and also give it a few hours to break in to see if any issues start going away.

I would say if none of that works then maybe you have a slightly bad panel, and to do a swap if possible. I couldn't be happier with TV now that I have everything setup the way I want it. I feel like if you were to swap for a similar price LCD, the picture quality will greatly drop(your issues aside).

I am assuming this is a 50"? Was this purchased online or local?
post #1824 of 7315 Old 05-30-2013, 08:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I understand what you are talking about. I just sounds kind of strange that you are having heavy IR and weird picture effects. I would say maybe try some of the user settings in this post and see if they help any, and also give it a few hours to break in to see if any issues start going away.

I would say if none of that works then maybe you have a slightly bad panel, and to do a swap if possible. I couldn't be happier with TV now that I have everything setup the way I want it. I feel like if you were to swap for a similar price LCD, the picture quality will greatly drop(your issues aside).

I am assuming this is a 50"? Was this purchased online or local?

+1 on all points. And just as you said, too bright settings could be adding a lot to the problems. It kinda' makes sense with the "snow" complaint combined with unexpectedly fast IR...

With my 65", it looks to be in the butter zone to me at 9 to 10 feet. Closer than 8 feet or especially at 6 feet, the pixels can look a bit coarse. pintabone: What is your panel size and viewing distance? I think dithering will show more on larger panels - especially at first when a young panel has ADHD. wink.gif Closer makes everything more acute, too.
post #1825 of 7315 Old 05-30-2013, 09:03 PM

I really appreciate all the comments. Like I said, I don't know anything about tvs. The TV is the 50 inch. It was purchased locally at Best Buy and the guy convinced me to buy the 2 year geek squad warranty. I took two pictures with my phone. Now they're up close so I don't know how helpful it will be.
post #1826 of 7315 Old 05-30-2013, 09:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I really appreciate all the comments. Like I said, I don't know anything about tvs. The TV is the 50 inch. It was purchased locally at Best Buy and the guy convinced me to buy the 2 year geek squad warranty. I took two pictures with my phone. Now they're up close so I don't know how helpful it will be.

That does look pretty snowy. Worse than anything I'm seeing on my tube and it's a 65". What is the content in the first pic? I see the 2nd is black ops.

Have you tried the other HDMI port on the TV? I'm beginning to think you might have gotten one with a problem..
post #1827 of 7315 Old 05-30-2013, 09:21 PM

Give me a second, uploading a picture.

edit: Here you go, same thing on my S64.

These are pictures from a few inches away on a 65, but no noticeable issues with "snow". I believe the menu smoke just looks a little weird up close.

Hope this helps.
post #1828 of 7315 Old 05-30-2013, 09:28 PM
Advanced Member

pintabone,

Suggest you find fairchild99's settings and give them a try. They are linked in his signature.
post #1829 of 7315 Old 05-30-2013, 09:35 PM

Here it is for easier comparison.
post #1830 of 7315 Old 05-30-2013, 09:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Here it is for easier comparison.

There is a significant difference, IMO. Could be settings?

Interesting to me that the left pic looks a LOT more solid in the black, yet has much brighter/whiter light flare in the upper right corner.

I don't remember; what settings are you running, bama?

mm
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65s60 65 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic 60 Inch Plasma Hdtv Tc P60s60 , Panasonic Tc P55s60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P50s60 50 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic 42 Inch Plasma Hdtv Tc P42s60
Gear in this thread - P42s60 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page