Panasonic TH-58PZ850U Vertical and horizontal black bars - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-04-2013, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey all,

I just recently acquired a 2008 58" panasonic viera plasma TH-58PZ850U. I bought it with the black bars as show in the picture below:

I have the one vertical black bar, and then every second line seems to be out on the horizontal lines on the bottom half of the screen

I was looking around and I thought that it was possible to reflow the solder on the connections on the ribbon cables that go to the panels, but after tearing into it, it looks like this model doesn't have that type of set up.

So do the boards need to be replaced, and if so which boards? And where can I find these boards? I can move the horizontal ribbon cable connections around and sometimes the lines will light up or go black. Is this a connection issue or a board issue?

Sorry, I know my terminology of these parts is terrible. I'm new to these TV's if you cant tell.

Worst comes worst if it's unrepairable or to expensive to fix I only paid $50 for it so I'll take it to the gun range and see what happens...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-05-2013, 06:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseH123 View Post

I have the one vertical black bar, and then every second line seems to be out on the horizontal lines on the bottom half of the screen

The horizontal lines could be a bad cable connection. You don't mention if when the lines light up, they show the program content, or just white lines.

The vertical bar could be a few things: loose cable connection between the panel and C-board, loose cable connection between C-board and D-board, C-board defective, D-board defective, or the panel is defective.

There are several threads on this problem, which can be found with a search.

That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse. (Romans 1:19-20)
post #3 of 3 Old 03-05-2013, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Tomwil, thanks for the reply,

Sorry for starting a new thread, most of the information I found when I searched was about the smaller plasmas. It seems that mine has 3 C boards (buffer boards?). Im assuming my middle one, C2, could be the problem. It is the same width as when I unplug any of the other buffer board connections, and when I unplug the problem segment it goes kind of white and black. The C2 buffer board part number is TNPA4618. I did a search of it and its only $25 on ebay. Does anyone have a Canadian vendor? the shipping kills me...

As for the horizontal lines, they are black and do not display the image. I am almost certain it is the connections however. I can push them in a bit harder and jiggle them around and more of the line segments will light up. Is there a trick to clamping them down properly and obtaining a good connection?

Thanks again for replying, if you can lead me to a thread with similar problems that might also be helpful. It may just be that the 58" tv's have a different board layout, because I can find similar information but not exactly what i'm looking for. Most of it pertains the 40 or so inchers.

Thanks,
Jesse
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Th 58pz850u 58 Inch 1080p Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page