TC-P60GT50 or TC-P60ST60 or TC-P60ST50 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 03-05-2013, 08:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
The dilemma:

I'm in the market for a new TV, plasma, of course. I wanted to know what some of your suggestions are in regards to the differences between all these models. I have leaned towards the GT50, with a couple features that i like. The filter, which will kill some of the ambient light that come sinto my living room and cut down on reflections; the brightness of the set, which is supposedly ( I havent seen the model in the store) one of the brightness plasmas aside from the new 2013 ZT series; also the dual processors.

My background:

I have a LGPM6700 right now, very reflective, and the colors seem dull. Quite honestly I made a bad choice when I bought this TV. Problems with AV SYNC, and firmware updates that killed it in the beginning.
My choices were limited when I purchased this as it fit into my price range and the Panny U50 model seemed really dim and dark even after shutting off the power saving modes.

So I narrowed down to these 3, and wanted everyones opinions based on these 3. I know not much is known about the P60ST60 yet, and i dont know if I'd be able to notice the difference between the GT50 and the ST50? (Brightness, PQ, etc)
I value everyones insight and opinion, please let me know what you think.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-05-2013, 08:45 AM

Liked: 10
I think the only difference between the GT50 and the ST50 is that the former comes with some TXH-certified settings that (pretty immediately) produce a great picture. Wiser commenters will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the panels are basically the same.

I got the GT50 (having rolled the dice after receiving and going through two cloudy/blotchy Samsung LEDs) and couldn't be happier. Stunning picture, vibrant color (except when viewed in bright sunlight), and none of the problems I have heard about (buzzing, etc.).

Cannot speak to the ST60, but it seems like early buzz is good.
post #3 of 7 Old 03-05-2013, 08:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 427
I would wait for the 60ST60 and save a few bucks over the GT50. I just bought a 60GT50 a few weeks ago and I'm kind of wondering if I should have waited for the ST60 myself. But I'm glad I bought the 60GT50 as the PQ is outstanding using HD-Master's settings. I almost bought a 58VT30 (correct model?) a few years ago for well over $2500. So the way I look at it the quality of displays will always be improving and the prices will be dropping.

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
post #4 of 7 Old 03-05-2013, 08:48 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinataman View Post

Cannot speak to the ST60, but it seems like early buzz is good.

I hope the "buzz" isn't too great wink.gif.

Bill
pinataman likes this.

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
post #5 of 7 Old 03-05-2013, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your opinions.....

I went and looked at the GT50 today ant lunch, pretty nice TV. I did however have to go into the Custom Menu and bump up the Gamma and one other setting to get the brightness to look a little better. Granted, I didn't go into the Custom settings and configure everything, and it was sitting right next to the LED, so of course I was drawn to the brightness levels of that. All in All, a pretty nice set. (while watching the crappy Best Buy demo thing)

I think you may be right, wait for the ST60, and see which is better. I'm sure that by then the GT50 may have come down in price, and I'll get to compare them at least.

I just hope some the stores around me will carry the ST60 for comparison.
post #6 of 7 Old 03-05-2013, 01:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychod2 View Post

I think you may be right, wait for the ST60, and see which is better. I'm sure that by then the GT50 may have come down in price, and I'll get to compare them at least.

I think the problem you will have is the 60GT50 will possibly be sold out before the ST60s become available. I do not see the prices of the GT50s coming down much more than what they are now.

Bill

post #7 of 7 Old 03-06-2013, 07:47 AM - Thread Starter

Agreed, it might not even be around by then... So it will be tough to compare. Do you think the ST60 will have the advanced menu options that the GT50 had. (Ie gamma, etc) If it has the same functionality as the GT series I might as well save a couple hundred bucks and wait.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P60st50 Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60gt50 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page