Need Some Help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-05-2013, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, I just had my new 65 inch vt50 installed today and I have to tell you my initial thoughts are ... that I am kind of disappointed. I bought unseen after reading so many glaring reviews at a lot of different sites. In all honesty, I took down a 2008 60 Inch Kuro and replaced it with the VT50. Wow....I saw an immediate difference in picture quality. The VT50 was darn right dull in picture appearance- like you needed glasses - when compared to the picture of the Kuro. I did notice that moving between picture mode options did help, but none of them offered the crisp edges and color-pop that the older Kuro did. Have I been spoiled for life, or does one get used to different TV's?

There is no doubt that the VT50 has some wonderful qualities....so I am not giving up on it and I sure am going to try to get used to things and fine-tune the VT50, but I need some suggestions. I am somewhat new to the whole forum thing, so I would like to ask for assistance in the sense that I would like to be pointed in the right direction. I have never calibrated a TV before - so I need some help in that area. I have never really moved beyond the adjustments one finds under the THX, Vivid, Cinema, and so forth (the modes). I would assume that there is an entirely different level at which calibration is accomplished.

I was also wondering in anyone else in here went from a Kuro to the VT50 - I would welcome your comments....it might be nice to know that I am not the only one who notices a big difference (please confirm that am not I crazy). Any other comments that might help get my TV pq to look better would be welcomed...and I apologize if I am covering ground that has been discussed to death in here. I'm just trying to cut to the chase before having to pour over hundreds of entries. Thanks for your consideration and advice in advance. In all fairness, by VT50 is located in a rather bright living room (large bay window to one side of it), but so was the Kuro...same exact location.

Also, one last issue that I forgot to ask the installers about - breaking in a new plasma. Are these newer plasmas beyond the scary break-in period things now-a-days? I mean, does one still have to break in a new plasma with special considerations, or special burn-in times like the Kuro required? If so, could someone please offer me the best way to do this in order to ensure proper use for years to come?

Again, regards and thanks to everyone who might have some suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-05-2013, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 269
Take a look at the VT50 owners thread all of your questions have been asked and answered already....
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page