First 100 hours -burn in - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-06-2013, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
First time here. I have 2 big concerns.

1. Iam in the 100 hour breakin period. Can you go to any picture mode, tweak all settings to whatever you want (experiment in the 100 hr break-in period) and not worry at all that you are messing with the phospers or anything? Are Extended logos the only problem.?
AND
2. I was about 30 hours in the breakin period and my kid slipped in and played 1hour and 15 minutes in game mode a baseball game (bright white /green colors. I noticed the contrast ratio in that mode is 100 and sharpness 75. I am still within the 30-day trial period to take it back (9) days. Could this have hurt the TV in any way. I am very concerned that this incident may have (even if only slightly ) damaged the TV. Any help? Probably no way to tell? Time -running out Thanks Arnie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-06-2013, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajuice View Post

First time here. I have 2 big concerns.

1. Iam in the 100 hour breakin period. Can you go to any picture mode, tweak all settings to whatever you want (experiment in the 100 hr break-in period) and not worry at all that you are messing with the phospers or anything? Are Extended logos the only problem.?
AND
2. I was about 30 hours in the breakin period and my kid slipped in and played 1hour and 15 minutes in game mode a baseball game (bright white /green colors. I noticed the contrast ratio in that mode is 100 and sharpness 75. I am still within the 30-day trial period to take it back (9) days. Could this have hurt the TV in any way. I am very concerned that this incident may have (even if only slightly ) damaged the TV. Any help? Probably no way to tell? Time -running out Thanks Arnie

1.) Yes, but probably best to use slightly reduced contrast. The only thing you really need to be worried about are watching stations with bright white logos for an extended amount of time, and excessive use of the menu.

2.) At worst it will cause temporary image retention, very, very unlikely it will cause any permanent damage .
post #3 of 4 Old 03-07-2013, 09:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1440 Post(s)
Liked: 687
Best thing to do is to step away from the forum, lower the contrast and brightness and youll be OK ;-) permanent damage is very very very unlkely....One of the only reasons you should be doing break in is pro calibration :-) Its not a must or "needed"...Relax you should be fine as it was said worst case is you probably have some temp IR that will be gone by the time you actually use the TV....
post #4 of 4 Old 03-08-2013, 01:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Liked: 784
"Could this have hurt the TV in any way."

No.

" I am very concerned that this incident may have (even if only slightly ) damaged the TV."

Don't be

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working. (Oh, and plasma didn't die because of logistics problems, nor does OLED ship in big boxes because it comes from Korea.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page