AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Plasma Flat Panel Displays (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/167-plasma-flat-panel-displays/)
-   -   Panasonic GT vs ST Plasma TVs. (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/167-plasma-flat-panel-displays/1462304-panasonic-gt-vs-st-plasma-tvs.html)

Jammers10 03-08-2013 12:26 PM

I know the new models of Panasonic Plasma TVs are going to be coming out soon but is there a consensus about which model was better? And what features did the GT model have that the ST model didn't have?

whipit 03-08-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammers10 View Post

I know the new models of Panasonic Plasma TVs are going to be coming out soon but is there a consensus about which model was better? And what features did the GT model have that the ST model didn't have?

Check this thread for a good list of differences between the gt and st 50. See post #2

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1403635/official-panasonic-gt50-series-discussion-thread-no-street-price-talk

Jammers10 03-08-2013 02:13 PM

So how does the picture quality of the GT compare to the ST? I got the 50-inch ST and its the best picture i've ever seen.

JSpectre88 03-08-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammers10 View Post

So how does the picture quality of the GT compare to the ST? I got the 50-inch ST and its the best picture i've ever seen.

Nearly identical, extremely slight edge to the GT50.

RandyWalters 03-08-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammers10 View Post

So how does the picture quality of the GT compare to the ST? I got the 50-inch ST and its the best picture i've ever seen.

In Custom, Cinema, Standard, and Vivid picture modes the two are virtually identical, since internally they are the same TV. The GT50 adds the THX picture modes that the ST50 obviously doesn't have and they look great, but otherwise the two look exactly the same.

Jammers10 03-08-2013 04:34 PM

The one thing that made no sense to me with last years Panasonic Plasma TVs was including wi-fi and a browser yet the browser doesn't support Flash. Why make a TV that can surf the internet yet can't access half of the web because it doesn't support Flash and therefore you can't watch video's? Just idiotic.

sheshechic 03-08-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammers10 View Post

The one thing that made no sense to me with last years Panasonic Plasma TVs was including wi-fi and a browser yet the browser doesn't support Flash. Why make a TV that can surf the internet yet can't access half of the web because it doesn't support Flash and therefore you can't watch video's? Just idiotic.

I watched the newest Iron Man 3 trailer through PC Mag the other day and it is flash- surprised the hell out of me.

sheshechic 03-08-2013 07:23 PM

According to a Panasonic insider, the GT will benefit from the dual core processor in the form of an update this year.

Bill Mac 03-08-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshechic View Post

According to a Panasonic insider, the GT will benefit from the dual core processor in the form of an update this year.

Any idea what the update will be? Thanks smile.gif.

Bill


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.