Found a local Pioneer Elite Kuro used - is it a bad idea? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 03-15-2013, 12:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
A local has a Pioneer Elite Kuro plasma... they invited me to come over and check it out - it has apparently had very little usage, no burn in or IR, it looks new, with all accessories including light sensor, cables, manuals, etc. - Price $1500.

That's the price of a new Panny GT50 plus a warranty/calibration. It seems over-priced. I know this was the gold-standard of plasmas, but it is used with no warranty (or do they still cover them?).

Thoughts/comments?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-15-2013, 12:22 AM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1002
No, they are not covered warranty-wise unless an extended warranty was purchased. You didn't mention size or model #....I assume 50" and since you mentioned Elite, I'll surmise it's an 111FD? It's probably priced just right (maybe a little high if Panasonic/Samsung bump off the king this year) given the low usage and great condition.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-15-2013, 01:23 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 13
Yes, it's the 50" 111-FD. I didn't realize there were classifieds here... I started searching in google and found them.

I can't wait to see how the new panels do in testing, maybe they'll reach that Kuro pinnacle? I'm thinking I should just stay in a holding pattern and see what shakes out for 2013.
post #4 of 5 Old 03-15-2013, 07:34 AM

Liked: 23
My honest opinion is wait and see how the new panny and Sammy look when they come out. I believe they will be as good, and be new with a warranty.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-15-2013, 08:16 AM

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_C View Post

A local has a Pioneer Elite Kuro plasma... they invited me to come over and check it out - it has apparently had very little usage, no burn in or IR, it looks new, with all accessories including light sensor, cables, manuals, etc. - Price $1500.

That's the price of a new Panny GT50 plus a warranty/calibration. It seems over-priced. I know this was the gold-standard of plasmas, but it is used with no warranty (or do they still cover them?).

Thoughts/comments?

Way too much for a used 50" IMO with no warranty considering the alternatives that are currently out there + coming out soon.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page