Official Samsung PNxxF8500 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 301 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #9001 of 12270 Old 09-10-2013, 09:58 AM
Member
 
sneakking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRWalker View Post

For those interested, found free IR remote link posted by philwojo:
https://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/notice/remote/index.jsp

Submit form online. Form and picture of free IR remote:

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01


just fyi:

my f8500 that came a couple weeks ago had the IR remote packaged along with the touchpad remote
sneakking is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9002 of 12270 Old 09-10-2013, 10:12 AM
Member
 
sneakking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
finally experienced some IR last night while watching the US Open final


the score box in the bottom left corner would still be visible for up to 30 seconds, but this was after being on the screen for several minutes at a time, the points were lasting forever in that match


had not seen it after watching college football, nfl, or baseball with their static score boxes or bottom lines or when watching letterboxed blu rays, although I had been careful to switch channels, watch commercials, or stop the blu ray after half an hour or so


not really worried about it, didn't bother with any break in


also wanted to report minimal buzzing from the set, nothing that has bothered me at all, even when on mute...i'm at about 900 ft above sea level

picture quality exceeds my hlt-5089s and light room performance is remarkable...it's currently set up in a room with windows on three sides and no curtains and it is not distracting...there were times with the led dlp that it was difficult to watch during the day
sneakking is offline  
post #9003 of 12270 Old 09-10-2013, 11:34 AM
 
pieandchips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,944
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakking View Post

just fyi:

my f8500 that came a couple weeks ago had the IR remote packaged along with the touchpad remote

Are you in North America?
pieandchips is offline  
post #9004 of 12270 Old 09-10-2013, 12:17 PM
Member
 
sneakking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by pieandchips View Post

Are you in North America?

yes
sneakking is offline  
post #9005 of 12270 Old 09-10-2013, 03:52 PM
Member
 
mattduke1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ran the F8500 for 12 hours of college football on Saturday (including some ESPN3 broadcasts) and then for another 12 hours on Sunday with the NFL. Tickers ran across the bottom of just about each telecast. I do not have one hint of IR at all. I've been running the TV in movie mode using some of the calibrations found in the settings thread from Day 1 (have never once used any break-in slides or anything like that). I'm now just shy of 200 hours on the set. I love it!
mattduke1 is offline  
post #9006 of 12270 Old 09-10-2013, 06:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Latinoheat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: BC Canada
Posts: 1,556
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattduke1 View Post

Ran the F8500 for 12 hours of college football on Saturday (including some ESPN3 broadcasts) and then for another 12 hours on Sunday with the NFL. Tickers ran across the bottom of just about each telecast. I do not have one hint of IR at all. I've been running the TV in movie mode using some of the calibrations found in the settings thread from Day 1 (have never once used any break-in slides or anything like that). I'm now just shy of 200 hours on the set. I love it!

An American Football junkie! wink.gif

TV - Panasonic 55GT50Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28'sCenter Channel- Klipsch RC-52Sub - Klipsch Sub 12Surrounds - Klipsch RS-52 II (new)Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3Receiver - Onkyo RC-360HTPC - Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,3 TB,wireless WMC keyboardVideo processor - Darbee
Latinoheat is offline  
post #9007 of 12270 Old 09-10-2013, 09:46 PM
Member
 
mattduke1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
^
Guilty as charged. It's a sickness, I know. And having this wonderful TV to watch them all certainly isn't helping. smile.gif
mattduke1 is offline  
post #9008 of 12270 Old 09-11-2013, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 11,711
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjmccord View Post

One thing that also worried me, when I had that LED, was there was a LOT of posts continuing throughout the ESxx8000 thread about issues with the LED, light leak, bla bla bla, one thread after another, and while they were happy with the sets, lots were being exchanged and it just seemed like a lot of complaining.

Over here on the Plasma its like heaven is in front of them...with either Panasonic or Samsung. So here I stand...waiting to make my purchase once insurance comes through.
Yep, there is a whole list of issues with Edge Lit LED's.
Cleveland Plasma is online now  
post #9009 of 12270 Old 09-11-2013, 08:07 AM
Senior Member
 
Cuda1169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 388
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattduke1 View Post

^
Guilty as charged. It's a sickness, I know. And having this wonderful TV to watch them all certainly isn't helping. smile.gif
Awesome. The Sammy's are know to very IR resistant.
Cuda1169 is offline  
post #9010 of 12270 Old 09-11-2013, 07:38 PM
Newbie
 
49ers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello, i am new to this board but have a question about buzzing. I own the f850064inch version and while there is buzzing from the sides and back it is very very minimal and it does not bother me. What does bother me is the front directional buzz that comes from the center of the screen and can be heard in a quiet room from 12ft away (viewing distance). I want 8 emphasize that the buzzing can barely be heard if my head is facing the tv. However, if i turn my ear towards the screen you can definitely hear the buzzing even with volume at say 8. For those of you who say i don't hear any buzzing from the front, try the following.

sit 5-12 ft. away from the tv. Also you have to be seated in the middle of the screen. If you are sitting 1 foot to the left or right of center the buzz diminishes greatly. Your head has to be positioned in line with the middle of the tv. If you are standing and your head is above the middle of the screen you will not hear it. Turn your head so your ear faces the tv with the tv on mute and have as little other noises on (preferably no other sound around you).

Now can you hear the buzz?

For those of you that have this buzz, are there any fixes? If so, how did you take care of them?

Is the source of this problem the power supply since it is emanating from the center of the screen? Can i have Samsung just swap out the power supply?

Thank you for your responses.

49ers!
49ers is offline  
post #9011 of 12270 Old 09-11-2013, 08:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,769
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 820
49ers,
You should try posting that here.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1475066/official-samsung-pnxxf8500-owners-thread-no-street-price-talk/1620#post_23725134

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is online now  
post #9012 of 12270 Old 09-12-2013, 07:07 AM
Member
 
philwojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: West Burbs of Chicago, IL.
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ers View Post

Hello, i am new to this board but have a question about buzzing. I own the f850064inch version and while there is buzzing from the sides and back it is very very minimal and it does not bother me. What does bother me is the front directional buzz that comes from the center of the screen and can be heard in a quiet room from 12ft away (viewing distance). I want 8 emphasize that the buzzing can barely be heard if my head is facing the tv. However, if i turn my ear towards the screen you can definitely hear the buzzing even with volume at say 8. For those of you who say i don't hear any buzzing from the front, try the following.

sit 5-12 ft. away from the tv. Also you have to be seated in the middle of the screen. If you are sitting 1 foot to the left or right of center the buzz diminishes greatly. Your head has to be positioned in line with the middle of the tv. If you are standing and your head is above the middle of the screen you will not hear it. Turn your head so your ear faces the tv with the tv on mute and have as little other noises on (preferably no other sound around you).

Now can you hear the buzz?

For those of you that have this buzz, are there any fixes? If so, how did you take care of them?

Is the source of this problem the power supply since it is emanating from the center of the screen? Can i have Samsung just swap out the power supply?

Thank you for your responses.

49ers!

I have tried all these things and I either don't have the buzz or just can't hear it. As has been talked about many many times already some people just can't hear it or just don't have it.

Sorry that you both have it and can hear it, as far as I have seen on here there are no fixes for it, short of getting another set and hoping for better and no other issues.

Best of luck.

Samsung PN60F8500 (Calibrated and bought from Value Electronics) - My Settings
Sony BDP-S5100
Tivo HD with 1TB HDD
Tivo Series-3 with 1 TB HDD
Onkyo TX-SR606 A/V Receiver with 5.1 Onkyo speakers.
philwojo is offline  
post #9013 of 12270 Old 09-12-2013, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rveras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Haverhill, MA
Posts: 1,745
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ers View Post

Hello, i am new to this board but have a question about buzzing. I own the f850064inch version and while there is buzzing from the sides and back it is very very minimal and it does not bother me. What does bother me is the front directional buzz that comes from the center of the screen and can be heard in a quiet room from 12ft away (viewing distance). I want 8 emphasize that the buzzing can barely be heard if my head is facing the tv. However, if i turn my ear towards the screen you can definitely hear the buzzing even with volume at say 8. For those of you who say i don't hear any buzzing from the front, try the following. sit 5-12 ft. away from the tv. Also you have to be seated in the middle of the screen. If you are sitting 1 foot to the left or right of center the buzz diminishes greatly. Your head has to be positioned in line with the middle of the tv. If you are standing and your head is above the middle of the screen you will not hear it. Turn your head so your ear faces the tv with the tv on mute and have as little other noises on (preferably no other sound around you).Now can you hear the buzz? For those of you that have this buzz, are there any fixes? If so, how did you take care of them? Is the source of this problem the power supply since it is emanating from the center of the screen? Can i have Samsung just swap out the power supply?Thank you for your responses.49ers!

My experience was the same however after 300+ hours of viewing I swear the buzz has minimized to the point I don't notice it anymore unless I try. Could be I just got used to it.
rveras is offline  
post #9014 of 12270 Old 09-12-2013, 09:11 AM
Member
 
oreb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Two questions to all the F8500 owners:

1. Regarding the IR. I've read posts on here that state IR is no problem and you can watch what you want from the first minute. But there are many posts which state that IR is a problem. What I mean by problem is that one owner reported seeing the scoreboard for a tennis match on screen for about 10 seconds and after it disappeared an after image for 30 seconds. I watch lots of tennis, boxing, and movie channels like Bravo and USA which have the logos in the mattes. Some people stated that they don't watch content with mattes and if they do, they turn the TV off every so often to prevent IR. Also about watching commercials so the IR doesn't burn in. I've had only one plasma in the beginning of the year and it was too dark so I returned it after a week. That was my only experience with plasma and I didn't notice any retention as I can remember. Does IR eventually go away after the "break in" period or will it always stay with the set? Would it be possible to watch a full length feature film with a static logo in the corner without having to stop every so often? If so on average how long would it take for the IR to disappear?

2. The buzzing seems to be more of a hearing issue from what I'm reading. Some people either hear it or they don't. Also it seems like "above sea level elevation" has an impact on buzzing. I went into the Magnolia room about two weeks back at BB and there was an audible accumulation of bad buzzing from all the plasmas they had in the room. I inspected the F8500 but heard nothing from that TV alone, front back side to side. I'm just wondering will I have to sit on some sort of angle not to hear the buzzing? I typically sit directly in front middle of my TV and if buzzing is an issue I wouldn't like that.

Input appreciated.
oreb is offline  
post #9015 of 12270 Old 09-12-2013, 01:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
djbluemax1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 2,242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 262
3D Brightness Pops

For the folks who've been experiencing 3D Brightness Pops with MJC ON and Film Mode OFF, after updating to 1111.4, unplug the TV for 30 seconds, THEN try 3D again.

When I first updated to 1111.4, I tested Prometheus in 3d for brightness pops and saw them all over the place in the opening scene to the Engineer falling in the water. I contacted Samsung to ask them when a firmware might come out that would eliminate the brightness pops in 3D. The tech suggested unplugging the TV for 30 seconds. I didn't think it would do any good, but did it anyway.

I watched Star Trek Into Darkness in 3D last night and saw no brightness pops, so I just tried the beginning of Prometheus 3D again today, and didn't notice any brightness pops where I saw a ton before.

If you've already updated to 1111.4 and still saw 3D brightness pops, try unplugging the TV for 30 seconds and try it again and post your results.



Max
philwojo likes this.
djbluemax1 is offline  
post #9016 of 12270 Old 09-12-2013, 01:53 PM
Member
 
sneakking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by oreb View Post

Two questions to all the F8500 owners:

1. Regarding the IR. I've read posts on here that state IR is no problem and you can watch what you want from the first minute. But there are many posts which state that IR is a problem. What I mean by problem is that one owner reported seeing the scoreboard for a tennis match on screen for about 10 seconds and after it disappeared an after image for 30 seconds. I watch lots of tennis, boxing, and movie channels like Bravo and USA which have the logos in the mattes. Some people stated that they don't watch content with mattes and if they do, they turn the TV off every so often to prevent IR. Also about watching commercials so the IR doesn't burn in. I've had only one plasma in the beginning of the year and it was too dark so I returned it after a week. That was my only experience with plasma and I didn't notice any retention as I can remember. Does IR eventually go away after the "break in" period or will it always stay with the set? Would it be possible to watch a full length feature film with a static logo in the corner without having to stop every so often? If so on average how long would it take for the IR to disappear?

2. The buzzing seems to be more of a hearing issue from what I'm reading. Some people either hear it or they don't. Also it seems like "above sea level elevation" has an impact on buzzing. I went into the Magnolia room about two weeks back at BB and there was an audible accumulation of bad buzzing from all the plasmas they had in the room. I inspected the F8500 but heard nothing from that TV alone, front back side to side. I'm just wondering will I have to sit on some sort of angle not to hear the buzzing? I typically sit directly in front middle of my TV and if buzzing is an issue I wouldn't like that.

Input appreciated.


I had the IR while watching tennis

I was testing MJC while watching....it seemed to me that while on 'smooth' the IR lasted longer, while on 'standard' not quite as long, and when 'off' not very long at all, if any....just my observation from that one viewing and other variables may have been more of a factor, not really a controlled test

I typically watch with MJC set to 'off' so maybe that is why while watching other programs with static images I didn't experience any IR?

Also, I'd say that I am still currently under 100 hrs and have heard that IR diminishes after the 'break in period'....can't speak from personal experience though
sneakking is offline  
post #9017 of 12270 Old 09-12-2013, 03:20 PM
Senior Member
 
JC7727's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 394
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
How do you guys hide the hdmi wires terrible design with them plugging into the left side of the TV
JC7727 is offline  
post #9018 of 12270 Old 09-12-2013, 05:24 PM
Advanced Member
 
DanF8500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 905
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC7727 View Post

How do you guys hide the hdmi wires terrible design with them plugging into the left side of the TV
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?p_id=3850
DanF8500 is online now  
post #9019 of 12270 Old 09-12-2013, 06:12 PM
Newbie
 
49ers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Some people have mentioned that after 200/300+ hours the buzzing goes down. I have my fingers crossed for this. Since I am pass the 30 day return policy my only other option appears to have a Samsung tech come out. Hopefully I can convince the tech that this is not within the norm.

Does anyone know what is causing this buzz? Is it the power supply since the buzz is emits from the middle if the screen?

I read on this forum that Samsung lowered the voltage on the power supply to decrease the buzz but pink bands may appear due to this? Maybe the tech can swap out the power supply for a new one without replacing the entire panel?

Also does anyone notice if the buzzing becomes louder if the tv has been on for a long time? I wonder if there is a correlation between heat and louder buzzing?

Lastly I wonder if the newer panels have less buzz. July or August builds

TIA

49er
49ers is offline  
post #9020 of 12270 Old 09-12-2013, 08:24 PM
Member
 
solitude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclones22 View Post

I use ARC on my AVR and the HDMI 3 port on my F8500. I get 5.1 in Netflix and Amazon via HDMI. I don't know why others have issues with this, but I do not. For reference, my available sources are: TV, HDMI3 Verizon with my AVR, HDMI3 Samsung (Bluray) and, HMDI3 Verizon (without AVR). That's a single HDMI cable from the HDMI3 port straight to my AVR. My AVR switches sources between my FIOS STB and my Bluray player.

Does that mean I need 2 HDMI cables? 1 from the Direct TV receiver to the TV and the second cable from HDMI 3 port back to the ARC on the audio receiver?
solitude is offline  
post #9021 of 12270 Old 09-12-2013, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Latinoheat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: BC Canada
Posts: 1,556
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by solitude View Post

Does that mean I need 2 HDMI cables? 1 from the Direct TV receiver to the TV and the second cable from HDMI 3 port back to the ARC on the audio receiver?

If your receiver supports ARC, you only need to plug all your components to receiver via HDMI and one HDMI cable to tv ARC HDMI input. Enable ARC on tv and receiver.

TV - Panasonic 55GT50Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28'sCenter Channel- Klipsch RC-52Sub - Klipsch Sub 12Surrounds - Klipsch RS-52 II (new)Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3Receiver - Onkyo RC-360HTPC - Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,3 TB,wireless WMC keyboardVideo processor - Darbee
Latinoheat is offline  
post #9022 of 12270 Old 09-13-2013, 08:36 AM
Newbie
 
box4m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey,

Im a swedish buyer of the 64" F8500 plasma.
Before this i had vt30 panasonic.

Theres 2-3 things that annoy me, otherwise its fantastic. Maybe you guya have some info for me.

1) sometimes when switchibg scenes, u get a small "hickup" before it goes smooth again (using motion judder canceler =smooth cause i like the smoothness).
This error or what u wanna call it does not seem to exist when watching 24p sources for example. My tv provider broadcasts 50hz and there i see this and its extremely annoying once u know it.

2) also with motion judder canceler = smooth, fast scenes like birds flapping wings for example does not look very good. I dont remember seeing this on my vt30 using =intelligent frameo creation =max which is as far as i know basically the same thing, its the "soap setting".

3) lipsync. I for one dont understand how this can be tvrelated since its source->avr->tv but ive read that other ppl have it and i did not see this on vt30. Weird thing is that sometimes its fibe and sometimes i notice it.

If you guys have any info/tips i would really appresiate it cause i love it otherwise, the picture is amazing.

Thanks
box4m is offline  
post #9023 of 12270 Old 09-13-2013, 01:56 PM
Newbie
 
ElBachatero1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey everybody.. This is my first post and I tried reading as much as I could and also used the search button but I couldn't find anything that answers my question. I'm a gamer and I notice on game mode that every so often a line across the whole screen will start from the top and go down to the half way point of the screen and then disappear. It only does this on game mode and I never see this happen when I'm watching cable TV, or using any of the smart apps. I tried using the PC mode for the gaming inputs but I don't like how it really downgrades the graphics of the games I play. Is this normal with this display? This is my first plasma, before this I had another Samsung LED that never gave me this issue under game mode. I hope its something that I can help change in the settings, if not should I contact samsung to send a tech out? Thanks for any help...
ElBachatero1 is offline  
post #9024 of 12270 Old 09-14-2013, 12:54 AM
Newbie
 
mikuli01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Samsung Plasma 64 PS64F8505 64", but I do not know how to look operating hours ??? confused.gif
mikuli01 is offline  
post #9025 of 12270 Old 09-14-2013, 10:06 AM
Member
 
scientifix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 123
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
My 64F8500 wall mounted, with LED backlighting. The backlighting kit I got came with an IR remote, so programmed a button on my Harmony 650 to turn on/off this backlighting. Watched Star Trek into Into Darkness last night on Blu Ray and it was awesome!


scientifix is offline  
post #9026 of 12270 Old 09-14-2013, 02:27 PM
Member
 
Sittler27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Does this TV's media player have the built in capability to smoothly playback mkv h264 1080p video files?

Currently I use a popcorn hour networked media tank device (like a western digital media player) to network stream over Ethernet from my NAS. I'm hoping the f8500 can become a reliable all in one solution.
Sittler27 is offline  
post #9027 of 12270 Old 09-14-2013, 02:33 PM
Member
 
goldicon12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by scientifix View Post

My 64F8500 wall mounted, with LED backlighting. The backlighting kit I got came with an IR remote, so programmed a button on my Harmony 650 to turn on/off this backlighting. Watched Star Trek into Into Darkness last night on Blu Ray and it was awesome!



the picture on that looks sick i cant wait! what picture mode is that in?
goldicon12 is offline  
post #9028 of 12270 Old 09-14-2013, 04:46 PM
Member
 
joms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
May I ask how this TV fares with glare? I am looking for a TV right now but I absolutely need someone that can fight glare since there are 2x big bay windows in our room.

We currently have the Panasonic 50PV80 which I think is matte and it does a good job in fighting glare (note: we are from the Philippines so we don't have very much models that we can choose from before)

Does anyone know if this unit can fight glare like the 50pv80?

Thanks
joms is offline  
post #9029 of 12270 Old 09-14-2013, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
muffinmcfluffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Mateo, California
Posts: 1,293
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 65
It does very well with glare, especially with content on the screen lol. That sounds stupid, but I can't see our kitchen ceiling light in the background if there's something on the screen, and that used to be a big issue.
muffinmcfluffin is offline  
post #9030 of 12270 Old 09-14-2013, 09:12 PM
Member
 
scientifix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 123
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldicon12 View Post

the picture on that looks sick i cant wait! what picture mode is that in?

This was on CALNIGHT with a very slight variation of one that was posted in this forum:

Picture Mode: CALNIGHT
Cell Light: 14 (CALDAY: 20)
Contrast: 98
Brightness: 40
Sharpness: 10
Color: 50
Tint: G50R50

Advanced Settings
Black Tone: Off
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Gamma: 0 (CALDAY: 1)
Flesh Tone: 0
Color Space: Auto

White Balance
ROffset: 24 (CAL-DAY: 25
GOffset: 25
BOffest: 28 (CAL-DAY: 27)
RGain: 21
GGain: 25
BGain: 30 (CAL-DAY: 29)

Picture options
Color Tone: Warm2
Digital Clean View: Off
MPEG Noise Filter: Off
motion Judder Canceller: Off
Black optimizer: DarkRoom

For 3D, use CAL-DAY
Cell Light: 20
Contrast: 100
Brightness:: 40
Sharpness: 10
Color: 50
Tint: G50R50
scientifix is offline  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off