Official Samsung PNxxF8500 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 361 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #10801 of 12459 Old 03-05-2014, 04:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 67

I just had a nice chat with one of the Samsung Customer Support Reps and this is all the info that they had on their FirmWare Updates:

(Ver. 1112.1)

- Solves Floating Black Error when Cinema Smooth in ON

(Ver. 1116.1)

- Solves swipe motion could not move the picture to next picture.
- Solves Network Connection issue with Wireless router.
- Solves Brightness Popping issue.
- Supports more MSO in OnTV feature.
- Enhances Voice Recognition feature.

(Ver. 1119.1) from my lengthy conversations with 4 different Reps I was told that their is NO DIFFERENCE between 1116.1 & 1119.1 hmmm

Any additions would be greatly appreciated and welcome, feel free to Update.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10802 of 12459 Old 03-05-2014, 04:34 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post

The F8500, like 99% of all plasmas, fail the 24p and 30p motion tests. Plasmas have judder issues. LED have blur issues. Judder and blur are completely different issues, and plasma excels at blur. Judder can be reduced with tricks like CS, but they will fail all but the 60p motion tests. Get the Spears and Munsil 2 disc and run the 24p and 30p motion tests. It will fail the test, even with CS on, just like my Pioneer did.

This is true. I really notice this on my 64" F8500.

I never noticed it on my 50" Kuro.

I think that the difference is the screen size (at 10' - 12').

No regrets, though.

Glad for what I have.
post #10803 of 12459 Old 03-05-2014, 04:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

At the end of the day this is what counts......... Real Black Panel Pro Screen Filter .

That is what makes the 8500 better and a equal to the VT60 and ZT60.

This ^^^^^^ is exactly why I'll calling you in about a week for an 8500 and not a 5500.
post #10804 of 12459 Old 03-05-2014, 06:41 PM

Liked: 27
Quote:

At the end of the day this is what counts......... Real Black Panel Pro Screen Filter .

That is what makes the 8500 better and a equal to the VT60 and ZT60.

Chris that's no doubt correct and I'm very happy with my F8500 BUT had I shopped maybe more wisely for features and eliminated those that I wouldn't use and cared less about the F5500 would have done well. The near $1000 difference at the time didn't convince me to go with the F5500 BUT maybe it should have. If a person walks in the door you certainly don't tell them it's a "buy this" or "walk"! There's people that brag on the F5300 and for what they intentioned their purchase to do they're quite happy. I saw every plasma that Samsung offers in one showroom, all 3 sizes of the F5500 and all 3 of the F8500 the F5300 I believe there was maybe only one but I wasn't shopping for a F5300 either so they also could have all been there.
post #10805 of 12459 Old 03-05-2014, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked: 545
I agree about the 5500, I used to own one, well an older version, the PN63B550. Great set........Nothing wrong with the 5500, nice and cheap as well, especially the 60", what a TV for the price point. The F5500 is a under loved set for sure !

Lets face it, if your user name indicates you have a ZR1 Corvette in the garage smile.gif I would rather have a ZR1 corvette and a 5500 then a Standard coupe and a 8500 biggrin.gif
post #10806 of 12459 Old 03-05-2014, 08:02 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Chris, please check your PM. I sent you a message about 64F8500 pricing and calibration. Thank you.
post #10807 of 12459 Old 03-05-2014, 08:22 PM

Liked: 10

Hi all,

I'm thinking about jumping on a PN51F8500 this weekend for my living room, but was wondering if folks think I'd be better off waiting for whatever comes out this spring or if the Samsung would be a good fit.  The room gets a decent amount of daylight; a year or so from now we're planning on putting in a full home cinema downstairs with a 108" or so projector, but this will be the TV that gets the most viewing.  It'll be sitting on a credenza rather than mounted on a wall, as we have 100-year-old horsehair plaster walls and people have told us that mounting into them might not work all that well.  The thought process is:

(a) I'd like the best picture available, within reason (< $2000 or so).

(b) We've put a lot of effort into decor, so we want the TV to be attractive and fit in.  This is the biggest knock on the Samsung: the gunmetal-gray, swoopy-base look doesn't really go at all.  An LCD (i'd love to go for the Samsung UN55F8000 or the Sony KDL-55W900A) would look great, but...

(c) Everyone watching will be watching from off-center: the room has a couch and a couple of chairs sitting opposite each other perpendicular to the credenza, so the set-up is essentially a U shape where the credenza is the bottom of the U.  As far as I can tell, only plasmas will really work with this set up, and the PNxxF8500 is pretty much the state-of-the-art, particularly in bright rooms, until OLED becomes affordable for consumers.

So, three questions:

(i) Am I right in thinking that the Samsung plasma is our best bet?  I'm asking a biased crowd, but if there's any reason I should think twice other than looks, please speak now or forever hold your peace.

(ii) We don't have space in the credenza for an AV receiver, nor is there space on top for bookshelf speakers on either side of the TV.  Unfortunately, the unit looks to be mounted so low on its stand that a soundbar in front would block the bottom of the screen; and the base spans the whole TV, so you can't mount it on a pedestal speaker.  I'm also assuming that the internal speakers are such that I need an external source, but if not, it'd solve a lot of problems.  Am I right in assuming that the soundbar won't fit under the screen if in front of the unit?  Is a standing base with a VESA mount my best bet, and if so, what should I look for in one?

(iii) It's already March; are we better off waiting for the new TVs to come out this year?  I don't care about 4K for this TV as I'm not an eagle and won't be able to see the difference on a 55" screen from 8 feet away, but as someone who doesn't pay much attention to this stuff, are the TVs coming out this spring good (and cheap) enough to make it worth my while to wait?

Thanks to anyone who makes it this far and offers any advice.

post #10808 of 12459 Old 03-05-2014, 08:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd260 View Post

Hi all,

I'm thinking about jumping on a PN51F8500 this weekend for my living room, but was wondering if folks think I'd be better off waiting for whatever comes out this spring or if the Samsung would be a good fit.  The room gets a decent amount of daylight; a year or so from now we're planning on putting in a full home cinema downstairs with a 108" or so projector, but this will be the TV that gets the most viewing.  It'll be sitting on a credenza rather than mounted on a wall, as we have 100-year-old horsehair plaster walls and people have told us that mounting into them might not work all that well.  The thought process is:

(b) We've put a lot of effort into decor, so we want the TV to be attractive and fit in.  This is the biggest knock on the Samsung: the gunmetal-gray, swoopy-base look doesn't really go at all.  An LCD (i'd love to go for the Samsung UN55F8000 or the Sony KDL-55W900A) would look great, but...

(c) Everyone watching will be watching from off-center: the room has a couch and a couple of chairs sitting opposite each other perpendicular to the credenza, so the set-up is essentially a U shape where the credenza is the bottom of the U.  As far as I can tell, only plasmas will really work with this set up, and the PNxxF8500 is pretty much the state-of-the-art, particularly in bright rooms, until OLED becomes affordable for consumers.

So, three questions:

(i) Am I right in thinking that the Samsung plasma is our best bet?  I'm asking a biased crowd, but if there's any reason I should think twice other than looks, please speak now or forever hold your peace.

(ii) We don't have space in the credenza for an AV receiver, nor is there space on top for bookshelf speakers on either side of the TV.  Unfortunately, the unit looks to be mounted so low on its stand that a soundbar in front would block the bottom of the screen; and the base spans the whole TV, so you can't mount it on a pedestal speaker.  I'm also assuming that the internal speakers are such that I need an external source, but if not, it'd solve a lot of problems.  Am I right in assuming that the soundbar won't fit under the screen if in front of the unit?  Is a standing base with a VESA mount my best bet, and if so, what should I look for in one?

(iii) It's already March; are we better off waiting for the new TVs to come out this year?  I don't care about 4K for this TV as I'm not an eagle and won't be able to see the difference on a 55" screen from 8 feet away, but as someone who doesn't pay much attention to this stuff, are the TVs coming out this spring good (and cheap) enough to make it worth my while to wait?

No way you want an LED if there will be a lot of off angle viewing. So that would knock any LED out. Choices would be an F8500 or waiting for an H7000. My recommendation would be to go bigger then 51" though if it will fit. The H7000 in a larger size might run the same price as the smaller F8500 and offer the same pq. Only problem will be the wait.

I do agree that there are not many positives with the look and base of the F8500. Maybe the H7000 well come with a different base and bezel. Only thing, release isn't expected till August.
post #10809 of 12459 Old 03-05-2014, 08:38 PM

cjd260,

Seeings how you want a Wide Viewing angle and would like this to be used in a Bright Room,

The Samsung F8500 is considered to be the Best option on the Market for this exact situation.

The Panasonics if you can still find one are not very bright and the LCD's lack Wide Viewing Angles.

And if you look at the Value Electronics Shootout the Audience agrees that the Best HDTV for 2013 is the Samsung F8500,

so without any other real options for your specific scenario the F8500 practically wins by default, with the added bonus

of being considered one of the best screens available period.

As for the H7000 we haven't had any real reviews of it and it won't be until later this year before we really know how it stacks-up.

Everyone here is gossiping, speculating and hoping however we do know today that the F8500 is an Amazing HDTV already.

What are you waiting for....

post #10810 of 12459 Old 03-05-2014, 09:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

No way you want an LED if there will be a lot of off angle viewing. So that would knock any LED out. Choices would be an F8500 or waiting for an H7000. My recommendation would be to go bigger then 51" though if it will fit. The H7000 in a larger size might run the same price as the smaller F8500 and offer the same pq. Only problem will be the weight.

I do agree that there are not many positives with the look and base of the F8500. Plain was never a bad thing, could be a bright silver. .
I know I have to tell people all the time that 4K is just a sharper, crisper image at the proper distance. That's it. Even if the UN55F9000 or XBR-55X900A was the same price as the PN51F8500, I would buy the PN51F8500. ( opp's, I take that back, I would have to go with the PN60F8500 because Samsung does not make a 55" plasma. ) If I am not mistaken even the good old super bowl was put out in 1080I this year, not even 1080P. So, when realistically would 4K be available on TV without paying for pay per view ?
post #10811 of 12459 Old 03-05-2014, 09:20 PM

Quote:

I know I have to tell people all the time that 4K is just a sharper, crisper image at the proper distance. That's it. Even if the UN55F9000 or XBR-55X900A was the same price as the PN51F8500, I would buy the PN51F8500. ( opp's, I take that back, I would have to go with the PN60F8500 because Samsung does not make a 55" plasma. ) If I am not mistaken even the good old super bowl was put out in 1080I this year, not even 1080P. So, when realistically would 4K be available on TV without paying for pay per view ?

It's a moot point because with a viewing distance around 10' Feet you just start to notice the benefits of 4K on an 85" screen size,

before you can see a difference to 1080p for someone with 20/20 Vision.

It only looks better in the stores because you literally walk right past them and look at the pixels, and up-close it is much clearer however as you stand back at a real viewing distance, the average human eye cannot see a difference. Unless you are tricking yourself because you have read and listened to all of the Hype and propaganda surrounding the sale of 4k TV's that try and justify their higher Prices for normal screen sizes under 65" which have No real world benefits at proper viewing distances.

"ISF states the the most important aspects of picture quality are (in order):

1) Contrast Ratio, 2) Color Saturation, 3) Color Accuracy, 4) Resolution.

Resolution is 4th on the list and Plasma is generally superior to LCD in all of the other areas (but much more prone to reflections/glare.)

So pick your display size, then measure your seating distance, and use the chart below to figure out if you would benefit from the larger screen size."

Typically 4K will only matter if you decide to go huge with a Projector, as any affordable Plasma's at 1080p do not exceed 85".

I stress affordable.

(Click on Image to Enlarge)

PS: if you have to Enlarge then you obviously already will not be as susceptible

to 4k because your vision is less than 20/20 more than likely.

Thumbs-up if you like the Info :)

post #10812 of 12459 Old 03-05-2014, 10:39 PM

Liked: 15
I never drank the kool aid regarding breaking in a Plasma...especially this one...but wow after a month of owning this I am amazed at the actual difference from when I first turned it on...the colors are more amazing than before...and the blacks are blacker...simply amazed!
post #10813 of 12459 Old 03-05-2014, 11:07 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanAVGuy View Post

It's a moot point because with a viewing distance around 10' Feet you just start to notice the benefits of 4K on an 85" screen size,
before you can see a difference to 1080p for someone with 20/20 Vision.

It only looks better in the stores because you literally walk right past them and look at the pixels, and up-close it is much clearer however as you stand back at a real viewing distance, the average human eye cannot see a difference. Unless you are tricking yourself because you have read and listened to all of the Hype and propaganda surrounding the sale of 4k TV's that try and justify their higher Prices for normal screen sizes under 65" which have No real world benefits at proper viewing distances.

"ISF states the the most important aspects of picture quality are (in order): 1) Contrast Ratio, 2) Color Saturation, 3) Color Accuracy, 4) Resolution.
Resolution is 4th on the list and Plasma is generally superior to LCD in all of the other areas (but much more prone to reflections/glare.)
So pick your display size, then measure your seating distance, and use the chart below to figure out if you would benefit from the larger screen size."

Typically 4K will only matter if you decide to go huge with a Projector, as any affordable Plasma's at 1080p do not exceed 85".
I stress affordable.

(Click on Image to Enlarge)
PS: if you have to Enlarge then you obviously already will not be as susceptible
to 4k because your vision is less than 20/20 more than likely.

Its funny because at my local BB they run the same feeds into all the sets to include 4K, and they all look the same...nothing that would make at least me want to rethink my purchase...of course at this store their was only one plasma...tucked away in a far corner, and had to order mine online!
post #10814 of 12459 Old 03-06-2014, 04:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:

Hi all,

So, three questions:

There is no reason why you cannot put a soundbar above the display...
http://www.centerstagebracket.com/3205.html
Centerstagebracket.jpg 156k .jpg file
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Centerstagebracket.jpg (155.9 KB, 15 views)

ISF Calibrator

Pioneer Kuro Elite Pro-111FD
Pioneer Kuro BDP-320

Displays are like 100% cotton t-shirts. Always buy a size larger than you think you'll need, as they tend to shrink over time.
post #10815 of 12459 Old 03-06-2014, 05:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:

Hi all,

I'm thinking about jumping on a PN51F8500 this weekend for my living room, but was wondering if folks think I'd be better off waiting for whatever comes out this spring or if the Samsung would be a good fit.  The room gets a decent amount of daylight; a year or so from now we're planning on putting in a full home cinema downstairs with a 108" or so projector, but this will be the TV that gets the most viewing.  It'll be sitting on acredenza[/URL] rather than mounted on a wall, as we have 100-year-old horsehair plaster walls and people have told us that mounting into them might not work all that well.  The thought process is:

So, three questions:

(ii) We don't have space in thecredenza[/URL] for an AV receiver, nor is there space on top for bookshelf speakers on either side of the TV.  Unfortunately, the unit looks to be mounted so low on its stand that a soundbar in front would block the bottom of the screen; and the base spans the whole TV, so you can't mount it on a pedestal speaker.  I'm also assuming that the internal speakers are such that I need an external source, but if not, it'd solve a lot of problems.  Am I right in assuming that the soundbar won't fit under the screen if in front of the unit?  Is a standing base with a VESA mount my best bet, and if so, what should I look for in one?

I wouldn't worry at all about the plaster walls, in the least - as long as you using proper 4 or 6 point mounting hardware with expandable wings/arms.
There are 2" horizontal wooden latts behind the plaster & they are fastened to studs. I've done it hundreds of times for customers, & for TVs & objects far heavier that these newer "featherweight" TVs.

As for stands, there are a million types, styles - get one with a vertical support that allows the set to be mounted up higher.
These can be bought for as little as $150 up to thousands - depending on your décor preferences & pocketbook & there's the wife.

I would recommend the 64", to almost eliminate the chance of getting a buzzer & to better suit the size of your viewing area.

There are also AVRs that do a perfect job of rendering a phantom center channel - hence no need for center speaker.
I know folks with very high end equipment that swear they can't tell the difference.
(As I am a self-confessed speaker whore - I will always choose a matching center speaker)

If the TV bowed stand is really that distasteful & objectionable - I would get it properly spray painted black or whatever

------------------------
Regards,

Dougofthenorth

Save turtles:
http://www.turtleshelltortue.org
post #10816 of 12459 Old 03-06-2014, 05:57 AM

Quote:

So, three questions:

(i) I'd say the correct display type.

(ii) How tall is the credenza? The height of the credenza I would think determine the choices of both sound bar and the mount type.

If I move mine from the wall I will certainly be using a "pedestal" style mount and there are many available. Some have a glass base and I don't believe that would be my choice. I actually like a floor standing which the legs will slide under the rear of a credenza towards the front and it could be anchored for additional support to the rear of the credenza. This type of pedestal mount would free space under the display for a sound bar if that was your choice. I have a Bose 1SR that I can use and I have used which could then be sat on the credenza, I don't use the 1SR now but for everything that I use the display for it does exceptionally well. I might actually use both the 1SR and my Marantz receiver and the KEF/Boston combination I have.

A couple posts up it was suggested above the display (for sound bar) - I can't see that working in most environments

I like the Bello PP-59 and if you look in this link you'll see that 20" from the floor there is two points that are intended to anchor it. Does it need anchored? I don't know but I thought it would be wise and not a problem for me if I move mine from the wall. I posted this link because it was an "in stock" item but I've found it for much less and actually was about to order "just in case". The dimensions are also listed and the images can be expanded and also "zoomed" I believe.

http://www.homeandoffice.com/bello-pp-59-plasma-lcd-mounting-system-silver-or-black.aspx

BTW - The Bose 1SR is definitely a consideration for the sound bar. I didn't pay the retail but it certainly does extremely well. You should be able to audition the Bose close by.

I don't believe the choice of display size should effect the "buzzing" mentioned. I have a 64" that does NOT "buzz" but if a 51" or 60" display is your choice buy what you feel you need or want.

I would also be concerned about the "wall mount" for your particular use, not because it can't be anchored but at what cost to do both the install and the how much if I "want to move it" to "RESTORE" the plastered wall.

post #10817 of 12459 Old 03-06-2014, 06:07 AM

Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougofthenorth View Post

If the TV bowed stand is really that distasteful & objectionable - I would get it properly spray painted black or whatever

It's funny how our tastes vary so much.
I really like the stand, it's much better than the legged or plate stand variety commonly seen IMO.
post #10818 of 12459 Old 03-06-2014, 06:17 AM

Quote:

I agree about the 5500, I used to own one, well an older version, the PN63B550. Great set........Nothing wrong with the 5500, nice and cheap as well, especially the 60", what a TV for the price point. The F5500 is a under loved set for sure !

Lets face it, if your user name indicates you have a ZR1 Corvette in the garage smile.gif I would rather have a ZR1 corvette and a 5500 then a Standard coupe and a 8500 biggrin.gif

Yes Chris ZR-1 of the C4 variety - on some other forums I changed my user to WVZR-1 when the C6 ZR1 was released. ZR-1 (C4 moniker) and ZR1 (C6 moniker). The 8500 was a choice made primarily because of the filter, the processor and the possible Evo-kit usage to update. I thought that might protect the resale of it likely for the foreseeable future. I cranked up my old Toshiba 42 RPTV to use while I was without after selling my 58" C8000 - that was an experience!
post #10819 of 12459 Old 03-06-2014, 08:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVZR1 View Post

I don't believe the choice of display size should effect the "buzzing" mentioned. I have a 64" that does NOT "buzz" but if a 51" or 60" display is your choice buy what you feel you need or want.

I would also be concerned about the "wall mount" for your particular use, not because it can't be anchored but at what cost to do both the install and the how much if I "want to move it" to "RESTORE" the plastered wall..

Quote:

Hi all,

These 4 F8500 topics show that 60" sets are by far the buzzers as compared to 51" & 64" which are very rare as compared to 60"
But again, NOT ALL 60:" are buzzers - seems to be more a 60" lottery of chance

Cost of Installing wall mounting - very little - drill 4 to 6 ~1/4" holes for 4 or 6 flange type anchors
- If you or a friend have even basic DIY skills then cost =$10? & 20 minutes

Cost of RESTORING - I wouldn't be concerned in the least
Filling the (4 or 6) 1/4" max holes after - no difference between drywall or plaster -
- just few dabs of fast set finishing Spakle or plaster - & a few dabs of paint - voila
Probably time to repaint anyway, after pictures/TV have been on the wall a few years...
Done this type of hole filling thousands of times - it's so easy these days with the newest tech compounds & paints .

RE: "A couple posts up it was suggested above the display (for sound bar) - I can't see that working in most environments"
-Can't see what that's based upon anywhere??
I personally agree & I don't like them myself, but sometimes it's the option the owner wants or is forced to go with
Most decent AVRs have center speaker channel height adjustments anyway
But it would also require a console that has a decent sturdy top shelf option - but again that limits choice

Soundbars - anything but Blose (sp on purpose) Boston, Yam, HK etc etc there are many of them for all levels of costs
I recommend you try before purchasing any of them

------------------------
Regards,

Dougofthenorth

Save turtles:
post #10820 of 12459 Old 03-06-2014, 09:16 AM

Thanks all.  We're targeting 51" because we don't want the TV to look too prominent in the room.  We're moving from a seven-year-old 42" Panasonic plasma which we've never found too small, so this should be plenty big enough for us - and remember that there will eventually be a 100+" screen downstairs.

It sounds like the Samsung is the way to go, but I'm still torn about how to place the unit.  We really don't want to drill into the walls; the plan is still to have it sit on this particular credenza (you can probably understand if you look at it why I was hoping to make the LCDs work, decor-wise).  I'm assuming that even a slim soundbar would block the picture if it just sat on the credenza in front of the unit, and hence the focus on stands/VESA mounts that could raise the TV by a couple of inches, get rid of the swoopy base, and give me space to put the soundbar.  Any thoughts?  dsskid's bracket seems like the kind of thing I'm looking for, though I'm not sure how it would work in practice - I assume sitting behind the credenza with its feet on the floor?  Is there one people recommend for actually sitting on a table- (or credenza-) top?  Or a much simpler solution - does Samsung sell a pedestal stand as a replacement for the original base?

post #10821 of 12459 Old 03-06-2014, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

...snip

dsskid's bracket seems like the kind of thing I'm looking for, though I'm not sure how it would work in practice - I assume sitting behind the credenza with its feet on the floor?  Is there one people recommend for actually sitting on a table- (or credenza-) top?  Or a much simpler solution - does Samsung sell a pedestal stand as a replacement for the original base?

I have used it and it works very well. There are adjustment knobs in the back that you can use to tilt the speakers down towards the listeners seating height.

In my case, I have three seperate Energy V-Mini-C speakers across the top.

If you buy it through Amazon, it is returnable.

ISF Calibrator

Pioneer Kuro BDP-320

Displays are like 100% cotton t-shirts. Always buy a size larger than you think you'll need, as they tend to shrink over time.
post #10822 of 12459 Old 03-06-2014, 09:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks all.  We're targeting 51" because we don't want the TV to look too prominent in the room.  We're moving from a seven-year-old 42" Panasonic plasma which we've never found too small, so this should be plenty big enough for us - and remember that there will eventually be a 100+" screen downstairs.

It sounds like the Samsung is the way to go, but I'm still torn about how to place the unit.  We really don't want to drill into the walls; the plan is still to have it sit on this particular credenza (you can probably understand if you look at it why I was hoping to make the LCDs work, decor-wise).  I'm assuming that even a slim soundbar would block the picture if it just sat on the credenza in front of the unit, and hence the focus on stands/VESA mounts that could raise the TV by a couple of inches, get rid of the swoopy base, and give me space to put the soundbar.  Any thoughts?  dsskid's bracket seems like the kind of thing I'm looking for, though I'm not sure how it would work in practice - I assume sitting behind the credenza with its feet on the floor?  Is there one people recommend for actually sitting on a table- (or credenza-) top?  Or a much simpler solution - does Samsung sell a pedestal stand as a replacement for the original base?

Good - 51" has just about zero buzz or other complaints

does Samsung sell a pedestal stand as a replacement for the original base?
-AFAIK - no
Slim Soundbar block
- not anyone worth getting with good SQ

Google floor or desk & or Vesa mount (& reviews for them)
-your exact answer will be found there & hopefully close by or free shipping

Isn't dsskid's bracket a wall mount - I can't see in pic unless china figure blocks the arm

------------------------
Regards,

Dougofthenorth

Save turtles:
post #10823 of 12459 Old 03-06-2014, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

No, it mounts to the TV...

ISF Calibrator

Pioneer Kuro BDP-320

post #10824 of 12459 Old 03-06-2014, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougofthenorth View Post
Isn't dsskid's bracket a wall mount - I can't see in pic unless china figure blocks the arm

Whoops, yes it is - apologies.  Meant to refer to WVZR1's.  DSS's looks great in his situation (TV flush to the wall in a corner), but not necessarily for a TV sitting on furniture in the middle of a wall a foot away from the wall.

post #10825 of 12459 Old 03-06-2014, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

No, it's not mounted to the wall.

ISF Calibrator

Pioneer Kuro BDP-320

post #10826 of 12459 Old 03-06-2014, 10:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsskid View Post

No, it mounts to the TV...

Is there a part number or link, I have searched Amazon and could not find it...TIA

post #10827 of 12459 Old 03-06-2014, 11:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by KONICA TECH View Post

Is there a part number or link, I have searched Amazon and could not find it...TIA

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Ndvf6n4OQew/p_769CSB3205/Center-Stage-Bracket-CSB-3205-BLK.html

RIP Robin Williams. Thanks for the laughter.
post #10829 of 12459 Old 03-06-2014, 02:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 50

Thanks to you both for the response. I may get from Crutchfield as they have 2 day free shipping to Mass.

post #10830 of 12459 Old 03-06-2014, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelp1977 View Post

Its funny because at my local BB they run the same feeds into all the sets to include 4K, and they all look the same...nothing that would make at least me want to rethink my purchase...of course at this store their was only one plasma...tucked away in a far corner, and had to order mine online!

Your lucky up here in Alaska my closest BestBuy is 360+ miles away, so my only option was to order from Sears sight unseen and wait a Month before it arrived.
Not to mention I paid $3k for my 64".
Its hard being an A/V-File in the Last Frontier.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - Pn51f8500 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page