Official Samsung PNxxF8500 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 426 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #12751 of 12759 Old 11-01-2014, 07:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMartin56 View Post
My second set would occasionally buzz on black screens. It would also buzz when the set would turn on and the screen flashes momentarily. No other buzzing. Not even on a full white slide.
Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully on Monday I'll be saying the same thing! I'm not looking for NO buzz... I'd just like one that doesn't distract from watching at a normal volume.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12752 of 12759 Old 11-02-2014, 01:06 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Hi everyone. So I'm a bit bummed here. I bought the Samsung 51 inch 8500 series. For the first 100 hours, I broke it in using the dl disc that I got from this site that shows colors every so often. It took me awhile to do since I was away from the house so it took almost 2 weeks. So I set up my tv 3 days ago and was planning to watch 100 hours of hd movies with no static imaging before I calibrate it. Getting excited about setting up arguably Samsung's best tv ever. But than...

After just an hour or so of watching an HD movie without messing with the settings, I got some major eye strain, headache, and overall puky feeling. Now this is my second Samsung plasma. I owned a 42 inch Samsung Plasma before with no problems. This is the kind of feeling I get when I watch LED. It's the reason why I purchased this last Plasma because I thought I wouldn't get this.

I turned off Dejudder and all the other fancy settings. I think it's a bit better but I still get eye strain from it. So my question is.... Is this something I can correct with messing with the settings? Do I need to just get used to this? Will a lamp behind the tv help?

Thanks everybody. I'm kinda screwed here since I can't return it anymore. I only had 15 days to return it.
post #12753 of 12759 Old 11-02-2014, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conan48 View Post
Looking to pull the trigger on the 64" model.

Can you guys just help me with a couple of questions?

Keep seeing different reports everywhere on input lag. I will be using this display for lots of gaming, and I'm wondering what is the best possible input lag that is achievable on this display. I have heard that renaming the input to PC drops the input lag, but AVforums review said it was still high at 60ms

Also, I'm a huge 3D fan, and I'm looking for experienced 3D fanatics to give me the lowdown on 3D quality. How would you rate the 3D in comparison to all other displays you've tried?
Depends if you're a hardcore competitive gamer. If you're a casual gamer, than the input lag on PC will be non-existent. If you play a lot of FPS multiplayer games, than those 1 on 1 battles may be slightly unfair if your opponent has a better monitor.
post #12754 of 12759 Old 11-02-2014, 05:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I suppose it's possible that some sort of flicker is bothering you but I'm sensitive to flicker and my F8500 doesn't bother me.

You might try feeding it a 1080p24 bluray with Cinema Smooth on to see if that makes you sick.
post #12755 of 12759 Old 11-02-2014, 06:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Also Google 'motion sickness with plasma tv'. Plenty of people talking about it.
post #12756 of 12759 Old 11-02-2014, 06:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 368 Post(s)
Liked: 409
The F8500 does produce more noticeable flicker in very bright scenes than my D series, try sitting a little further away and lowering cell light (or adding more room light) until you find a comfortable viewing level.
post #12757 of 12759 Old 11-02-2014, 11:50 PM

Thanks guys. So doing some research, it looks like it's something that can be corrected which is a big relief because i like this tv.

Would the feed off my Comcast box also cause a problem? Will Blurays be a better viewing experience? How is the refresh rate on this set? The only hd i watched was from Encore which i know is not full HD.

A friend messaged me about a light that helps by putting it behind the set. Thanks man. I wasn't able to message you back. Helps with eye strain.
post #12758 of 12759 Old 11-04-2014, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMartin56 View Post
Also Google 'motion sickness with plasma tv'. Plenty of people talking about it.
Good thing I do not get that, one more thing to be grateful for......
post #12759 of 12759 Old Today, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Good thing I do not get that, one more thing to be grateful for......
Might not be the TV, there's a vertigo virus going around. Quite a few people that I've reference to have been complaining about it, including me. (Just great when you're trying to shovel the snow in the driveway, and make a quick turn to go back the other way.)
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - Pn51f8500 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page