Official Samsung PNxxF8500 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 433 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #12961 of 12964 Old Today, 04:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by chupra View Post
I'm looking for recommended Picture Options setting for watching sports.Mostly football, basketball, soccer. Fast moving images. Cable DVR to TV via HDMI.

In particular, settings for Film Mode and Motion Judder Canceller. I've experimented with various combinations but can't seem to decide which is best.

Thanks for any suggestions.
I've read it can be helpful for 3D viewing. Maybe it varies with the source material, have not noticed much difference there either and don't watch 3D enough to be conscious of it.

Samsung PN51F8500, Emotiva UMC200, Emotiva XPA-5, Samsung BD-H5900 BluRay, Dish Hopper, Furman Elite pf-15 conditioner, Dali Ikon (Ikon6, Vokal2, OnWalls) Outlaw Audio LFM-EX subwoofer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12962 of 12964 Unread Today, 05:44 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I'm having lip sync issues and not sure if it's my display or Oppo 103D. My connection is STB > Oppo > AVR > Display with HDMI cables. When I'm watching a local HD channel and there's a commercial break in standard def., the syncing issue occurs and does not correct itself when returning to current HD programing. I have to turn off/on either display/player to get back on track. There are no lip sync issues as long as the source stays in HD. My display is a 64f8500. Note, i posted this in the Oppo thread and got no replys.
post #12963 of 12964 Unread Today, 06:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlinger View Post
I'm having lip sync issues and not sure if it's my display or Oppo 103D. My connection is STB > Oppo > AVR > Display with HDMI cables. When I'm watching a local HD channel and there's a commercial break in standard def., the syncing issue occurs and does not correct itself when returning to current HD programing. I have to turn off/on either display/player to get back on track. There are no lip sync issues as long as the source stays in HD. My display is a 64f8500. Note, i posted this in the Oppo thread and got no replys.
Try matching the lip sync time delay on Oppo to match the lip sync time delay that the F8500 uses. Go to Sound, Digital audio out, and then Audio Delay on TV. By default, mine was set to 70 ms. I set my AVR to match that. Since you send it to your OPPO and then AVR, you can either set your AVR or OPPO to match the audio delay.
post #12964 of 12964 Unread Today, 07:43 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post
For sports I leave Film Mode Off since it is live. MJC Off or Standard, but I don't see any difference. Of course, with 720p channels such as ESPN, Film mode is greyed out because it is not needed since 60 fps is native with 720p.
Thanks. Those are the setting I've been using for the tournament since they looked best to me.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page