Dumb Panel - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-18-2013, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, the thing is, what options do I have when all I care about is great PQ. I don't want nod desire 3D or Smart apps. I just need the best PQ available and to pay the nominal amount for that only. I am having a hard time nailing that 60".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-18-2013, 08:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 492 Post(s)
Liked: 992
You're fighting the marketplace unfortunately. Think of it this way, that if the tv can process 3d it might process 2d just that much better...apps in phones and just about everything aren't going away or being more selective, though...they actually want more of your $$...go figure.

"I realize that somebody playing free music isn't as commercial as a hamburger stand. But is it because you can eat a hamburger and hold it in your hand and you can't do that with music? Is it too free to control?" - Don Van Vliet (aka Captain Beefheart) discussing commercial success in the music biz

post #3 of 3 Old 03-18-2013, 10:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1048 Post(s)
Liked: 593
how much are you willing to spend? There are some "Pro" panels that I believe will fit your needs, but they cost much much more......Really to get the "best" picture you are going to need ot get a smart TV that has 3D......Otherwise you can look at front projectors that dont offer the Smart TV gadgets, but most are now offering 3D......

If you have a limited budget and jsut neeed to get best picture that does not offer smart TV\3D etc then the check the lower tier of the sets being offered by Samsung and Panasonic, of course remember becasue these are lower rung they offer a compareable picture to that level.....Many are happy with those TVs no doubt, but trying to avoid Smart TV and 3D can be costly.....
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page