Panasonic Plasma Picture Issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 13 Old 03-19-2013, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello Forum, I'm writing because I've been having issues with my Panasonic Plasma TH-50PX75U. For a few months now I've been getting sound and no picture, but when left alone for say 20-80 minutes the picture would turn on. But that's not the way to watch a TV, I need to get it fixed. I've done a visual inspection after taking the back panel off, I was hoping it was just a leaking capacitator but they all look fine. Now I'm stuck. Any advice or suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 03-19-2013, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by HazNY View Post

Hello Forum, I'm writing because I've been having issues with my Panasonic Plasma TH-50PX75U. For a few months now I've been getting sound and no picture, but when left alone for say 20-80 minutes the picture would turn on. But that's not the way to watch a TV, I need to get it fixed. I've done a visual inspection after taking the back panel off, I was hoping it was just a leaking capacitator but they all look fine. Now I'm stuck. Any advice or suggestions?

I see that your plasma is roughly 8 years old, I would take it to a TV repair shop and get an estimate, it could be something cheap but considering your tv is so old, the part might not be available anymore. Does it perform the same way with all your components? Or just your cable, if its just your cable it could be your box not the tv. If its with all your sources ,DVD etc than it's your tv. Otherwise it's a good excuse to get a new one, they are so affordable these days now anyways. Good luck.

TV - Panasonic 55GT50Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28'sCenter Channel- Klipsch RC-52Sub - Klipsch Sub 12Surrounds - Klipsch RS-52 II (new)Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3Receiver - Onkyo RC-360HTPC - Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,3 TB,wireless WMC keyboardVideo processor - Darbee
post #3 of 13 Old 03-19-2013, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

You're right, it is roughly 6-8 years old. It does this with all components. I realize that I might need to get a new tv but I'd prefer to fix it because it'd be the more economical thing to do and I wouldn't have to waste a perfectly great tv for no reason. I was hoping to do the fix myself as well. I'm fairly versed but still somewhat of a novice if that makes any sense.
post #4 of 13 Old 03-27-2013, 05:35 AM

I just purchased a TCP65-S60 50 inch and the picture looks "grain" around the outline of objects ESPECIALLY when watching sports or fast moving scenes. Is this just the way it is? I have not adjusted the factory settings for fear that I may make it worse. I would think with 600HZ I would not have any issue whatsoever with clarity and smoothness but currently I am very dissapointed in this tv clarity and smoothness. Perhaps someone out there can suggest something that is a common cure for this or perhaps I am better off taking the set back and getting something else? Any suggestions are appreciated.
post #5 of 13 Old 03-27-2013, 05:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Try reducing the sharpness to zero or even using Custom Mode with the sharpness set to zero.
post #6 of 13 Old 03-27-2013, 06:38 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddp3434 View Post

I just purchased a TCP65-S60 50 inch and the picture looks "grain" around the outline of objects ESPECIALLY when watching sports or fast moving scenes. Is this just the way it is? I have not adjusted the factory settings for fear that I may make it worse. I would think with 600HZ I would not have any issue whatsoever with clarity and smoothness but currently I am very dissapointed in this tv clarity and smoothness. Perhaps someone out there can suggest something that is a common cure for this or perhaps I am better off taking the set back and getting something else? Any suggestions are appreciated.

The S60 so far is getting excellent early reports so we need more info:

1. How far are you eyeballs from the screen? ___________

2. What is your source? (Time Warner, U-Verse, DirecTV, OTA Antenna, etc)? ___________

3. What picture mode do you have the TV in? ___________

4. What channels are you seeing this problem on? ___________

5. What kind/size/brand of TV did you have before getting the 65S60? ___________

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
post #7 of 13 Old 03-27-2013, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 54
Quote:

Found your problem. wink.gif
post #8 of 13 Old 03-27-2013, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 492
Quote:

Did you take it out of "standard" mode that mode typically has the most noise. Try Cinema much better, custom will probably be a good mode with a basic cal.

65VT60
55ST60
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
post #9 of 13 Old 03-28-2013, 12:29 PM

Thank you very much for the responses. Randy, here are the answers to your questions...

1. How far are you eyeballs from the screen? ____10-12ft_______

2. What is your source? (Time Warner, U-Verse, DirecTV, OTA Antenna, etc)? _____dish network______

3. What picture mode do you have the TV in? ___standard________

4. What channels are you seeing this problem on? __all channels have this problem with fast movements particularly sports however I noticed that when the station switches cameras the picture improves signifcantly but ultimately goes back to the "grainy" camera. For example, when watching CBS basketball, they have a left to right.right to left camera angle that they stay on for the majority of games, each player has a fuzzy outline. then when they go to an upclose shot or a bench shot or something else, the picture looks wonderful, then back to the left to right camera, back to fuzzy outlines_________

5. What kind/size/brand of TV did you have before getting the 65S60? ___I had just a 480i westinghouse and the picture on sports in particular was just as good as this one thus far._______

Thanks for any advice. Hopefully I can get it resolved, I really don't want to take the tv back to the retailer.
post #10 of 13 Old 03-28-2013, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thank you very much for the responses. Randy, here are the answers to your questions...

1. How far are you eyeballs from the screen? ____10-12ft_______

2. What is your source? (Time Warner, U-Verse, DirecTV, OTA Antenna, etc)? _____dish network______

3. What picture mode do you have the TV in? ___standard________

4. What channels are you seeing this problem on? __all channels have this problem with fast movements particularly sports however I noticed that when the station switches cameras the picture improves signifcantly but ultimately goes back to the "grainy" camera. For example, when watching CBS basketball, they have a left to right.right to left camera angle that they stay on for the majority of games, each player has a fuzzy outline. then when they go to an upclose shot or a bench shot or something else, the picture looks wonderful, then back to the left to right camera, back to fuzzy outlines_________

5. What kind/size/brand of TV did you have before getting the 65S60? ___I had just a 480i westinghouse and the picture on sports in particular was just as good as this one thus far._______

Thanks for any advice. Hopefully I can get it resolved, I really don't want to take the tv back to the retailer.

Use Custom mode. Problem resolved. cool.gif
post #11 of 13 Old 03-29-2013, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSpectre88 View Post

Use Custom mode. Problem resolved. cool.gif

Have you tried the cinema mode? On most of these sets it comes closest to ATSC standards.

Ian

The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice you give to others

post #12 of 13 Old 03-29-2013, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailiang View Post

Have you tried the cinema mode? On most of these sets it comes closest to ATSC standards.

Ian

If it's anything like the GT50, then it's dreadful.
post #13 of 13 Old 03-29-2013, 03:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSpectre88 View Post

If it's anything like the GT50, then it's dreadful.

I could say that about the custom mode on my C2.

Ian biggrin.gif

The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice you give to others

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page