post #31 of 40 Old 03-28-2013, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

Aye, especially if they think it will give them another showy bullet point to add to the marketing material. wink.gif

MmmmmmmMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm I like bullet points.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 Old 03-28-2013, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:

Aye, especially if they think it will give them another showy bullet point to add to the marketing material. wink.gif

With all respect to the HT junkies here, there are people who like the THX mode on the Pannys. It's my favorite "factory settings" and even professional calibrators sometimes chose THX as the preferred picture mode. Obviously, I would rather have D-Nice to calibrate my set instead, with or without THX.
sheshechic likes this.

Standard Definition Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy
post #33 of 40 Old 03-28-2013, 01:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Liked: 1540
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotskins View Post

Chad B likes the VT50 slightly better then the 8500, so most likely they wont lose much sales to Samsung with the VT60 which BestBuy already has.

Really? Where is that stated? Here's Chad's comparison:

"Compared to the VT50 calibrated in the normal fashion of ISF Day using mid panel brightness, the F8500 is punchier in bright scenes. It is also a bit smoother, especially up close. The VT50 has slightly superior color accuracy, though it looks a bit more “hot” and colored with skin tones than the F8500's more relaxed color palette. If you are easily offended by the sunburnt look skin tones have on many displays, the F8500's less saturated but still seductive colors will be like a soothing balm on your eyes. The VT50's blacks are superior, though subjectively they appear extremely close. Dark movie scenes in dark rooms may show the VT50's slightly superior blacks. Motion quality will depend on if you use Cinema Smooth or not, but I prefer the VT50's motion overall. The F8500's edge in brightness makes it superior in slightly brighter rooms or if you just like brighter images."

The F8500 is a winner, with special appeal to lovers of bright and punchy images. It's color was very natural and easy on the eyes, and over all it's performance keeps pace with the very best."

So, more accurately, he prefers aspects of the 50 to the 8500 and prefers other aspects of the 8500 to the 50. I suspect the VT60 will widen the gap on the black end, but I doubt it will on the top end. As for the smoothness of the F8500 vs the VT60, who knows?
post #34 of 40 Old 03-28-2013, 04:21 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 36
When I said he likes the vt50 slightly better I meant night time viewing or dark room. Most plasma owners prefer dark room viewing anyway.
post #35 of 40 Old 03-28-2013, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotskins View Post

When I said he likes the vt50 slightly better I meant night time viewing or dark room. Most plasma owners prefer dark room viewing anyway.

Do they? Please post the link to show where you go thtis info......

Just giving you a hard time biggrin.gifwink.gif
post #36 of 40 Old 03-29-2013, 05:03 AM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1011
More hearsay echoing what has been shared by the OP:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Ferguson View Post

I got word from my dealer that the ZT60 is delayed by months and may not be released until July or August. Everything the dealer has told me to this point has been correct.
post #37 of 40 Old 03-29-2013, 05:11 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone have an idea when the VT60 is going to be available?
post #38 of 40 Old 03-29-2013, 07:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimoli View Post

With all respect to the HT junkies here, there are people who like the THX mode on the Pannys. It's my favorite "factory settings" and even professional calibrators sometimes chose THX as the preferred picture mode. Obviously, I would rather have D-Nice to calibrate my set instead, with or without THX.

This. As far as pre calibration, its the best mode Ive seen on two Panasonics. Color is close out of the box.

People like to hate on the mode or brush it off, but if you arent getting a calibration, its pretty nice to have. Ive tested both my sets stock with my D3 Pro, and they aint bad. Warm 2 is just too darn "hot" (needs grayscale work).

65" VT50 / BDP-S7200
Denon AVR-4520CI
Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
Directv HR44-200 / HR24-500
post #39 of 40 Old 03-29-2013, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 31
The insider (Avsjunkie) just posted "on the other forum" , confirming early to mid May release for the ZT.

Standard Definition Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy
post #40 of 40 Old 03-29-2013, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

More hearsay echoing what has been shared by the OP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimoli View Post

The insider (Avsjunkie) just posted "on the other forum" , confirming early to mid May release for the ZT.

What slimoli said...There MAY be a dealy for the particular place they are ordering from, but that doesnt mean there is a wide dealy of the ZT...AVjunkie hasnt said there was a dealy and there was confirmation that mid to late may is when another retailer will be getting thier shipment in.......
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch Led Hdtv Un55b8500
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page