post #3061 of 3458 Old 02-20-2014, 05:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

Maybe I didn't make myself clear. eek.gif

What are you watching when you see the problem, what device is the signal coming from, and how is the device connected to your TV. Since you may be watching TV over the air, cable, satellite, or streaming how can anyone help if we don't have some details to work with. You also need to let us know if you see the same thing watching a Blu-ray or DVD movie from a player, and it's important to know if you are using HDMI cables and how all your devices are connected to each other.

For instance, I have a Roku 3, two Blu-ray players (OPPO and Sony), and a Comcast cable box (Motorola) all connected to a Denon AVR using HDMI cables. The AVR is connected to the TV. It's important to know if you see your problem regardless of where the signal is coming from or if you only see it from one source.

Yeah, I supposed you would need to know that! What a dumb ass.
I run a time warner cable box (Motorola) HDMI straight to TV. I use the Smart TV function for Hulu, Amazon and Netflix.
Also run a older samsung blu-ray player with HDMI straight to TV. Blu-Ray is at least 7 years old.
Seems like I see the problem using all these platforms. I do know when I run cable tv, hulu, netflix etc.. It is more grainy, I am assume this is due to time warners crappy service and modem in-put/receiving speed. Even though they guarantee 30Mbps, speed test show I am normally around 20Mbps, and many times a day it cuts off completely.
Now, I do think Blu-Ray seems to be less laggy, but I still see it.

Whatever help is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3062 of 3458 Old 02-21-2014, 12:08 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulspy View Post

Quote:

Maybe I didn't make myself clear. eek.gif

What are you watching when you see the problem, what device is the signal coming from, and how is the device connected to your TV. Since you may be watching TV over the air, cable, satellite, or streaming how can anyone help if we don't have some details to work with. You also need to let us know if you see the same thing watching a Blu-ray or DVD movie from a player, and it's important to know if you are using HDMI cables and how all your devices are connected to each other.

For instance, I have a Roku 3, two Blu-ray players (OPPO and Sony), and a Comcast cable box (Motorola) all connected to a Denon AVR using HDMI cables. The AVR is connected to the TV. It's important to know if you see your problem regardless of where the signal is coming from or if you only see it from one source.

Yeah, I supposed you would need to know that! What a dumb ass.
I run a time warner cable box (Motorola) HDMI straight to TV. I use the Smart TV function for Hulu, Amazon and Netflix.
Also run a older samsung blu-ray player with HDMI straight to TV. Blu-Ray is at least 7 years old.
Seems like I see the problem using all these platforms. I do know when I run cable tv, hulu, netflix etc.. It is more grainy, I am assume this is due to time warners crappy service and modem in-put/receiving speed. Even though they guarantee 30Mbps, speed test show I am normally around 20Mbps, and many times a day it cuts off completely.
Now, I do think Blu-Ray seems to be less laggy, but I still see it.

Whatever help is greatly appreciated.
Is what you call "laggy" like small jerks as if you were missing a frame every couple of seconds? 20Mbps should be enough band width. The next suspect would be your HDMI cables. Are they rated as "high speed". How long are they? Is you TV hard wired to your Internet connection or are you using wireless? If you are using wireless, try testing with a hard wired connection.

Calibration Resources:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3063 of 3458 Old 02-21-2014, 02:19 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by hungro View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxo View Post

No, I'm merely curious - in the same way I am curious about missions to Mars but have no intention of going there.

I had seen the word "cut" used in association with white balance before. But someone elsewhere has been suggesting that these cut/drive settings can be used to give a more accurate gamma response. I found what they'd written not very clear, which is why I came here for clarification.

I guess one way of interpreting what they have written is to conclude that adjusting the greyscale in the service menu may produce, as an incidental side-effect, a gamma accuracy improvement.

That's one interpretation. I don't know if it's correct. There could be other plausible interpretations.

I would get out, run out of there actually, just use the user menu white balance controls and gamma controls. Save yourself any possible headaches rolleyes.gif

How do I get out of a place where I am not?

It seems that no matter how often I say I am not, will not, will not ever in my wildest dreams ever contemplate going in the SM, people completely ignore the declaration and assume otherwise. Have you got that now or do I have to provide a witnessed affidavit? smile.gif
post #3064 of 3458 Old 02-21-2014, 03:05 PM

Quote:

Is what you call "laggy" like small jerks as if you were missing a frame every couple of seconds? 20Mbps should be enough band width. The next suspect would be your HDMI cables. Are they rated as "high speed". How long are they? Is you TV hard wired to your Internet connection or are you using wireless? If you are using wireless, try testing with a hard wired connection.
Yes, small jerks would be it!
I doubt my HDMI's are highspeed, however they are short no more then 6ft. And the TV is wireless, but the modem is right next to it.
I'm watching The last airbender with the kids right now, on the Timewarner cable, its really bad. Very dizzy, kids too.
I'm using the HDMI cable they gave me, from the box to the TV.
The blu-ray is a monster HDMI, at least 5 years old.
post #3065 of 3458 Old 02-21-2014, 05:57 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulspy View Post

Quote:

Yes, small jerks would be it!
I doubt my HDMI's are highspeed, however they are short no more then 6ft. And the TV is wireless, but the modem is right next to it.
I'm watching The last airbender with the kids right now, on the Timewarner cable, its really bad. Very dizzy, kids too.
I'm using the HDMI cable they gave me, from the box to the TV.
The blu-ray is a monster HDMI, at least 5 years old.
The first things I would test are a CAT 6 Ethernet cable from your model to your TV instead of wireless, and a couple of these HDMI cables from Monoprice.

You can get the CAT 6 cable from Monoprice too. By design, six foot HDMI cables are optimum because the HDMI input ports were designed to expect that length and compensate for it.

There are other possibilities for the source of your trouble, but all you can do is systematically eliminate them. Your best possible results should be coming from your Blu-ray player.

Calibration Resources:

post #3066 of 3458 Old 02-23-2014, 08:36 AM

Liked: 41

I thought I saw this asked somewhere but never saw an answer. I have a 60VT60 and 65VT coming, once you set up wifi on these things how the heck do you turn it off???? We have a mobile hot spot through Verizon and something, I'm guessing these TVs, is blowing up our data usage big time and we aren't even using any of the apps or watching anything online. PLEASE answer ASAP if you know.

Thanks

post #3067 of 3458 Old 02-23-2014, 12:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
hey all

Is it normal for an st60 to have motion blur?? I am assuming that is what is...for example nice clear closeup of a face when still goes all soft and blurry when it moves...and it dont have to move fast - it just has to move. Or gor example the letters on the back of a jersey. Clear when not moving but cant make it out when moving...

Never had this with my old crt hdtv so am thinking it isnt the cable feed.

Is there a setting I am missing?
Thanks

Anything bigger than a handful, you're risking a sprained tongue - Gary, Weird Science
post #3068 of 3458 Old 02-23-2014, 01:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatchersDad View Post

I thought I saw this asked somewhere but never saw an answer. I have a 60VT60 and 65VT coming, once you set up wifi on these things how the heck do you turn it off???? We have a mobile hot spot through Verizon and something, I'm guessing these TVs, is blowing up our data usage big time and we aren't even using any of the apps or watching anything online. PLEASE answer ASAP if you know.

Thanks

Go to network settings, choose network connections (first option). Select the wireless network and then custom setup. When asked for the network password, use an incorrect password. The tv will attempt to connect. If the connection screen stays on for too long, turn the TV off and then on again.

This worked for me but there is probably an easier way.
post #3069 of 3458 Old 02-23-2014, 05:47 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Thanks
If you're not using your TV for Internet access why not just disconnect it from your Internet provider's modem/router or turn off the TV's WiFi?

Calibration Resources:

post #3070 of 3458 Old 02-23-2014, 05:56 PM

Quote:

If you're not using your TV for Internet access why not just disconnect it from your Internet provider's modem/router or turn off the TV's WiFi?

lol that's exactly what I'm trying to do, how do I turn off the TVs wifi (wireless), damned if I can figure out how to do it now that it has been setup and connects automatically?

post #3071 of 3458 Old 02-23-2014, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2907Laz View Post

Go to network settings, choose network connections (first option). Select the wireless network and then custom setup. When asked for the network password, use an incorrect password. The tv will attempt to connect. If the connection screen stays on for too long, turn the TV off and then on again.

This worked for me but there is probably an easier way.

Thanks, will try that but you world think there would be an on-off switch somewhere....

post #3072 of 3458 Old 02-23-2014, 06:18 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Quote:

lol that's exactly what I'm trying to do, how do I turn off the TVs wifi (wireless), damned if I can figure out how to do it now that it has been setup and connects automatically?
There should be a way to turn it off. Check in the owner's thread for your model.

Calibration Resources:

post #3073 of 3458 Old 02-23-2014, 06:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:

Thanks, will try that but you world think there would be an on-off switch somewhere....

Another way:

Network >> Network connection >> Custom >> Wireless (click on it) >> Yes >> IP setting mode >> Manual. Now change one value in the IPS address, e.g. 192.168.1.103 to 192.168.0.103. You can change the same item in Default gateway to make sure.

There is no easy way.

Larry
post #3074 of 3458 Old 02-24-2014, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:

Thanks

Are you sure it is using data? Should be easy to find out by unplugging the TV, and then see if your data keep increasing. If it is, then it is not the TV....
post #3075 of 3458 Old 02-24-2014, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 331
Quote:

If you are using WiFi, select Ethernet instead of wireless.

Ian

The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice you give to others

post #3076 of 3458 Old 02-24-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailiang View Post

If you are using WiFi, select Ethernet instead of wireless.

Ian

Thanks guys, this probably would have been easiest but just went into network, quick set up, selected our network, put in wrong pw, hit next, then returned back to main network menu then verified it was no longer connected under network status. A simple connect/disconnect option would be nice. rolleyes.gif
post #3077 of 3458 Old 02-24-2014, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight4yu View Post

Are you sure it is using data? Should be easy to find out by unplugging the TV, and then see if your data keep increasing. If it is, then it is not the TV....

Have no way of knowing for sure but I do know our data usage has "supposedly" gone through the roof since we hooked these two TVs up to the hot spot. I've got them off of it now, thanks to the guys that helped me out, so we'll see if it goes back down.

post #3078 of 3458 Old 02-25-2014, 09:47 AM

Liked: 42
Quote:

Have no way of knowing for sure but I do know our data usage has "supposedly" gone through the roof since we hooked these two TVs up to the hot spot. I've got them off of it now, thanks to the guys that helped me out, so we'll see if it goes back down.

I used PTRG to monitor network usage at my old job in a NOC...also used it at home when I hosted BF2 and multiple GTR game servers:

http://www.paessler.com/prtg

You can also monitor your network with PTRG on a smartphone.

There are other free, easy to use monitors available as well, if you really want to track traffic in real time, and compile historical data.
post #3079 of 3458 Old 03-02-2014, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

North American TC-PxxST60 Reference Settings

*****Note: These settings are designed exclusively to be used on North American TC-PxxST60 displays after completing the Panel Prep procedure listed in post #1. Please do not use these settings unless you have follow post #1 100%*****

Picture
Picture Mode: Custom
Contrast: 79
Brightness: +1
Color: 50
Tint: 0
Sharpness: 0
Color Temp: Warm2
Vivid Color: Off
C.A.T.S: Off
Video NR: Off
MPEG NR: Off
Motion Smoother: Off

Pro Settings
Panel Brightness: Mid
AGC: 0
Black Extension: 0
Color Gamut: Normal

W/B Detail Adjustment
W/B High R: 5
W/B High G: 0
W/B High B:5
W/B Low R: 3
W/B Low G: 0
W/B Low B: 1

(W/B) More Detail Adjustment
10 W/B R: -20
10 W/B G: 0
10 W/B B: 13

20 W/B R: 5
20 W/B G: 0
20 W/B B: 14

30 W/B R: 7
30 W/B G: 0
30 W/B B: 4

40 W/B R: 6
40 W/B G: 0
40 W/B B: 2

50 W/B R: 3
50 W/B G: 0
50 W/B B: -4

60 W/B R: -3
60 W/B G: 0
60 W/B B: -8

70 W/B R: -2
70 W/B G: 0
70 W/B B: -7

80 W/B R: 6
80 W/B G: 0
80 W/B B: -1

90 W/B R: 1
90 W/B G: -1
90 W/B B: 2

100 W/B R: -11
100 W/B G: 0
100 W/B B: 4

Color Detail Adjustment
R-Hue: 2
R-Sat: -39
R-Lum: -9

G-Hue: 12
G-Sat: -50
G-Lum: 0

B-Hue: -22
B-Sat: 8
B-Lum: -8

Gamma Detail Adjustment
Gamma: 2.6 (2.4 on 60 and 65" models)

(Gamma) More Detail Adjustment
10 Gain: -33
20 Gain: -15
30 Gain: -6
40 Gain: -3
50 Gain: -2
60 Gain: 3
70 Gain: 3
80 Gain: -1
90 Gain: 0
100 Gain: 0

Advance Picture
3:2 PullDown: Auto

HDMI Content Type
***Leave settings in this menu at their default***

HDMI/DVI RGB Range
***Leave settings in this menu at their default***

Black Level: Light

Calibration Report
TC-PxxST60 Calibration Report (Custom).pdf 132k .pdf file

I set this Dnice parameters in my 50st60 but i didn't find 2 things : 1- "Advance Picture 3:2 PullDown : Auto" AND "Black Level : Lights" Where are those options? THANK YOIU!!!
post #3080 of 3458 Old 03-02-2014, 12:48 PM

Liked: 40
Menu - Picture - Advanced picture - Black level & 3:2 pulldown are located there. smile.gif
post #3081 of 3458 Old 03-02-2014, 08:18 PM

I'm possibly having issues with image retention on my 60st60. I broken in the panel using the slides for 100 hours and probably have another 200-300 hours of regular content that I've watched since. I'm noticing menus will leave a ghost image even after being brought up for a few seconds. My older Pioneer plasma never did that? How normal is what i'm experiencing? I also notice HUD's from when I game have a little image retention but go away after watching some full screen cable content thanks!
post #3082 of 3458 Old 03-02-2014, 09:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by funfordds View Post

I'm possibly having issues with image retention on my 60st60. I broken in the panel using the slides for 100 hours and probably have another 200-300 hours of regular content that I've watched since. I'm noticing menus will leave a ghost image even after being brought up for a few seconds. My older Pioneer plasma never did that? How normal is what i'm experiencing? I also notice HUD's from when I game have a little image retention but go away after watching some full screen cable content thanks!

This is normal for the first few hundred hours, don't stress it, just vary your content and you should be fine.

TV - Panasonic 55GT50 Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28's Center Channel- Klipsch RC-52Sub - Klipsch Sub 12Surrounds - Klipsch RS-52 II Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3, Receiver - Onkyo RC-360 HTPC- Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,3 TB,wireless WMC keyboardVideo processor - Darbee
post #3083 of 3458 Old 03-03-2014, 05:52 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Wanting to know if any one is having or knows how to reducing crosstalk during 3D playback . I've got the latest firmware and watched Gravity and Rio the other day through my Sony 5100 to pioneer 1020 to my 65 inch and they had a couple scenes which were pretty bad. I have Sound & Visions 3D settings plugged in and tried the 3D adjustment on the St60 but only helps a little bit. Wasn't as bad a month ago.
Thanks.
post #3084 of 3458 Old 03-03-2014, 11:57 AM

I feel like my 3D has less pop after the last update. Has anyone else noticed that?
post #3085 of 3458 Old 03-03-2014, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 495
Pop as in pop out effect ? Recheck your 3d settings

65VT60
55ST60
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
post #3086 of 3458 Old 03-03-2014, 01:28 PM

Quote:

I've run across that as well and would just recommend leaving the pixel orbiter on for at least the 1st 500-1000 hrs.

post #3087 of 3458 Old 03-03-2014, 04:23 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Quote:

I've run across that as well and would just recommend leaving the pixel orbiter on for at least the 1st 500-1000 hrs.
Based on what information?

Calibration Resources:

post #3088 of 3458 Old 03-04-2014, 07:00 AM

Quote:

Based on my experience.

post #3089 of 3458 Old 03-04-2014, 06:23 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Quote:

Based on my experience.
That's clear, but it's not clear to me why your experience leads you to recommend it to others. That's what I'm asking about. smile.gif

Calibration Resources:

post #3090 of 3458 Old 03-04-2014, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Bombard View Post

Menu - Picture - Advanced picture - Black level & 3:2 pulldown are located there. smile.gif

I don't have those settings frown.gif Check it out frown.gif

Thank you!
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P55st60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P65st60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P50st60 50 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P60st60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P65s60 65 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic 60 Inch Plasma Hdtv Tc P60s60 , Panasonic Tc P55s60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P50s60 50 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic 42 Inch Plasma Hdtv Tc P42s60
Gear in this thread - P55st60 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page