Forum Jump: 

post #3331 of 3459 Old 05-01-2014, 03:31 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1iLeft View Post

So are you frequently manually changing your contrast?
Well my cinema setting is the one I mainly use for tv viewing and it has the 60 contrast. If it's an HBO movie or something I'll put it on my custom which has the higher contrast. Same for blurays. So it's not so much manually changing contrast as it is just switching from cinema to custom.

PSN: RetroGiant
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3332 of 3459 Old 05-01-2014, 03:55 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 469
Quote:

The colors look great where the bars use to be.
There is no reason that I can think of for there to be a pink tone to ice in the center of your panel, and not in the top and bottom areas where there have been black bars.
Quote:
Yes but - as I said - viewing the guide or list of recorded shows brings up a logo.
Maybe you are spending a lot more time using the guide and/or doing fast forward than other subscribers who own your model TV.
Quote:
This is true - and is what I am trying to fix. For ~300 hours my only source has been DirecTV using a wide screen aspect ratio. Picture mode = THX bright room.
Get the Disney WoW Blu-ray disk and use the Pixel Flipper option to help correct your uneven aging. If you have any of the 1.78:1 Pixar movies you can put one of those on "repeat" to do the same thing.
Quote:
Where the bars were - everything looks to be the right color. But the rest of the screen's colors are "off". Ice/sky/clouds/skin - any non-dark color and I can see a line and two different tones on either side of the line - of what should be the same color.
WoW pixel flipper and/or Pixar movies.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits 
Also, have you posted in the owner's thread for your VT60?
No - I thought this thread was more for "issues" so I thought I would try here.
That's true but you will find more owner's of the V60 models in the owner's thread. People help with trouble like you're having there too. smile.gif

Calibration Resources:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3333 of 3459 Old 05-01-2014, 04:57 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 78
1iLeft, that picture of Two Broke Girls shows what you're describing very well. The entire middle of the screen is pink. Very noticeable. The top and bottom are white.

This should not happen from normal viewing and using the guide. Had the guide been left on for several hours, then yes. Id suggest getting the Disney WOW disk and running the pixel flipper. If that doesn't help, you may have something wrong. Are you under warranty? What picture mode and settings are you using?

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #3334 of 3459 Old 05-01-2014, 05:06 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 40
[
Maybe you are spending a lot more time using the guide and/or doing fast forward than other subscribers who own your model TV.
. smile.gif[/quote]

If he has the Premier package like I do (over 280 channels) and he's anything like myself, he'd be living on that guide just scrolling through all the channels or setting up program recording. It's really really easy (especially if you're a retired couch potato senior like myself) to spend a lot of time with the menu/guide, both of which have the DirecTv logo in the same upper right hand corner. The logo's location never changes from page to page. It's definitely a concern worth watching and dealing with early on before it becomes a possible burn-in problem. For myself, the logo IR issue dissipated on it's own after 5-6 months and I really only had to run the Screen Wipe hard once for the 2 week period and was constantly running the Pixel Orbiter. But once I had the set calibrated after 9 months, I had no further need to run the Pixel Orbiter.
post #3335 of 3459 Old 05-01-2014, 05:13 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits 
There is no reason that I can think of for there to be a pink tone to ice in the center of your panel, and not in the top and bottom areas where there have been black bars.
I like Hockey - and that is one reason I use the wide screen aspect ratio - you can see more of whats happening away from the puck. When I changed the ratio to fill the whole screen - it is so noticeable - I would be embarrassed if anyone was to come-over to watch a game on my "beautiful new TV". Hockey - obviously - has a lot of white. I can't watch a game without feeling - well - I'll just say - a bit crappy. But it's not just ice/white. Could you see what I'm describing in the photo's I posted? It is more noticeable as you watch it.

post #3336 of 3459 Old 05-01-2014, 05:22 PM

Thanks - all of you for your reply's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jconjason 
This should not happen from normal viewing and using the guide. Had the guide been left on for several hours, then yes. Id suggest getting the Disney WOW disk and running the pixel flipper. If that doesn't help, you may have something wrong. Are you under warranty? What picture mode and settings are you using?
Yes I'm under warranty. Picture mode = THX bright room. Settings are default.

post #3337 of 3459 Old 05-01-2014, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Bombard View Post

If he has the Premier package like I do (over 280 channels) and he's anything like myself, he'd be living on that guide just scrolling through all the channels or setting up program recording. It's really really easy (especially if you're a retired couch potato senior like myself) to spend a lot of time with the menu/guide, both of which have the DirecTv logo in the same upper right hand corner. The logo's location never changes from page to page. It's definitely a concern worth watching and dealing with early on before it becomes a possible burn-in problem.
I'm one step down from the Premier package (not sure what it's called) but I do have the Genie and I do record a lot and like to "see what else is on". So yah, I'm in the menu's a lot.

post #3338 of 3459 Old 05-01-2014, 07:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:

Thanks - all of you for your reply's.
Yes I'm under warranty. Picture mode = THX bright room. Settings are default.

THX modes have pixel orbiter disabled. Id suggest using a different mode and enabling pixel orbiter.

I have the premier package and the sports and movie package..every channel they offer, and i never have had IR of the guide.

Id first try a mode with orbiter on, if no luck, Disney WOW,if no luck, look into a return.

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #3339 of 3459 Old 05-01-2014, 07:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
My 50st60 looks pink in the middle when the ABL kicks in but it's more of a blob than in your pics. Test patterns that aren't bright enough to trigger the ABL (like a chessboard pattern) are uniformly white in the same areas on the screen. I've seen three 50st60s that all do the same thing (although the affected area varies slightly between sets).
post #3340 of 3459 Old 05-02-2014, 07:14 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I've replaced one st60 and two vt60 all European versions because of the red blob.
They are all the same. There are a lot of reports on the avforums with this issue.
The only solution for me was to replace it with the 55" model that is much more uniform.
post #3341 of 3459 Old 05-04-2014, 07:04 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Are the new panny plasmas easy to burn in like this one? I was thinking about getting a ST60 from a buddy but not if it burns in like that! Is it just because the pixel orbiter was turned off? That is really bad IR or possibly burn in. It doesnt have anything to do with buyers remorse 1ileft, its just your viewing habits. Stop watching widescreen content or only do so with movies. Have you tried just leaving the screen swiper on? I would use this screen saver on a laptop and let it run for an hour to fix the IR/burn in. Its free

http://www.jscreenfix.com/screensaver.html
post #3342 of 3459 Old 05-05-2014, 05:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpology26 View Post

Are the new panny plasmas easy to burn in like this one? I was thinking about getting a ST60 from a buddy but not if it burns in like that! Is it just because the pixel orbiter was turned off? That is really bad IR or possibly burn in. It doesnt have anything to do with buyers remorse 1ileft, its just your viewing habits. Stop watching widescreen content or only do so with movies. Have you tried just leaving the screen swiper on? I would use this screen saver on a laptop and let it run for an hour to fix the IR/burn in. Its free

http://www.jscreenfix.com/screensaver.html

Burn In is not the correct word to use. Image Retention is common with Plasma technology, some tv's are more severe where they will get a case of heavy image retention which could take days to wipe away even months . What I would do is for the first 300hrs of any new set in your case the ST60 watch full screen movies and stretch the 2.35 :1 movies to full screen as well. Lower your contrast to say lower 65 or so and watch and enjoy the tv . After the intial breaking in on the set of 300hrs, continue to switch up your content, from watch black bars to watching full screen, at all times for the life of the tv. No static images for long periods of time either. Either then these tips enjoy the set. You'll love it , I own an ST60 and the picture is fantastic specially once I calibrated it smile.gif Burn in takes a very , very, very long time and is very hard to get but it can happen. Most cases it's just image retention, whether heavy or not.
htwaits likes this.
post #3343 of 3459 Old 05-05-2014, 10:09 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Yea I'm looking for one myself! I cant seem to find any around me! I have a older samsung 50B560 that I adjusted the voltage to get deeper blacks but at .015 they just dont do it for me lol. I hope I can still find one.
post #3344 of 3459 Old 05-06-2014, 03:07 AM

Panasonic Smart Viera newbe alert! :)

Although I'm from Europe and I got an LCD, I believe this question applies worldwide and applies to all 2013 models.

I got myself an L55DTW60 which works great. However, as this is the DTW version it's designed for the German market and has German Viera App Store access.

I'd like to know how I can change the setting so that I can access the Dutch (or UK) version of the Viera App Store.

Could someone help me in making this Panasonic even better? :)

Thanks!

post #3345 of 3459 Old 05-06-2014, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxy01 View Post

Panasonic Smart Viera newbe alert! :)

Although I'm from Europe and I got an LCD, I believe this question applies worldwide and applies to all 2013 models.

I got myself an L55DTW60 which works great. However, as this is the DTW version it's designed for the German market and has German Viera App Store access.

I'd like to know how I can change the setting so that I can access the Dutch (or UK) version of the Viera App Store.

Could someone help me in making this Panasonic even better? :)

Thanks!

Never mind, rookie mistake.

I reset the TV to factory default and after selecting Dutch in the setup menu everything went as expected...

post #3346 of 3459 Old 06-02-2014, 08:31 PM

Hey All,

Haven't been on here in a LOOOONG time but I have a 55" ST60 and I've loved the thing since I got it last fall. However, one issue I keep seeming to run into is constant image retention issues. It happens most when I"m using XBOX (both 360 and One) and it can happen pretty darn quickly too (sometimes even after just a few seconds on my Xbox One menu). I haven't really noticed it as much when I'm watching anything on TV or Blu-Ray, but it seems to be especially when any sort of white text on a darker background is on the screen; I see a ghost image of the text in bright colors (blue skies in a tv show or movie can show the outline of the white text a few seconds after it's been displayed.) Or if you have any experience with an Xbox One, just the main menu (bright white lines around apps and icons on a black background) leaves IR which is especially visible on a bright image immediately after I choose something (ie If i go from the main menu to the Blu-Ray App, which turns the screen bright blue for a moment as it launches, I see the grid lines still).

I am hoping it's nothing wrong with my set but I had a 42" Panasonic Plasma from 2008 before this (I have no idea on the Model # off the top of my head) and NEVER had IR problems and I know this ST60 lineup is supposed to be great. Could picture settings cause a higher chance of IR (I set it up using CNETs suggested settings when I first got it).

Would a solution be to reset to factory settings and do D-Nice's settings? I just don't know what to do anymore! I'm getting tired of screen wiping all the time!

Sorry if this was at all confusing too, not sure how to explain it properly...
post #3347 of 3459 Old 06-03-2014, 12:12 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by snogrog View Post

Hey All,

Haven't been on here in a LOOOONG time but I have a 55" ST60 and I've loved the thing since I got it last fall. However, one issue I keep seeming to run into is constant image retention issues. It happens most when I"m using XBOX (both 360 and One) and it can happen pretty darn quickly too (sometimes even after just a few seconds on my Xbox One menu). I haven't really noticed it as much when I'm watching anything on TV or Blu-Ray, but it seems to be especially when any sort of white text on a darker background is on the screen; I see a ghost image of the text in bright colors (blue skies in a tv show or movie can show the outline of the white text a few seconds after it's been displayed.) Or if you have any experience with an Xbox One, just the main menu (bright white lines around apps and icons on a black background) leaves IR which is especially visible on a bright image immediately after I choose something (ie If i go from the main menu to the Blu-Ray App, which turns the screen bright blue for a moment as it launches, I see the grid lines still).

I am hoping it's nothing wrong with my set but I had a 42" Panasonic Plasma from 2008 before this (I have no idea on the Model # off the top of my head) and NEVER had IR problems and I know this ST60 lineup is supposed to be great. Could picture settings cause a higher chance of IR (I set it up using CNETs suggested settings when I first got it).

Would a solution be to reset to factory settings and do D-Nice's settings? I just don't know what to do anymore! I'm getting tired of screen wiping all the time!

Sorry if this was at all confusing too, not sure how to explain it properly...

I get that same IR on my 60ST60 after very short periods of time too. Usually with text. It goes away very quickly though (under a minute). Other members have said that they get the same thing. So, as long as it's going away quickly that is quite common.

I'm only a casual gamer so don't have particularly long sessions. After a few hours of gaming I will usually see traces of IR of heath bars and HUDs etc. After a couple of hours of watching full screen content it has always gone away. I usually have contrast at 60 for gaming.

It might be a good idea to try lowering the contrast for gaming as CNET have it quite high (81 IIRC). See how you go with it lower.
post #3348 of 3459 Old 06-03-2014, 07:21 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2907Laz View Post

I get that same IR on my 60ST60 after very short periods of time too. Usually with text. It goes away very quickly though (under a minute). Other members have said that they get the same thing. So, as long as it's going away quickly that is quite common.

I'm only a casual gamer so don't have particularly long sessions. After a few hours of gaming I will usually see traces of IR of heath bars and HUDs etc. After a couple of hours of watching full screen content it has always gone away. I usually have contrast at 60 for gaming.

It might be a good idea to try lowering the contrast for gaming as CNET have it quite high (81 IIRC). See how you go with it lower.
This is my same experience as well, to a "T". I almost read this and thought, did I type this lol?

PSN: RetroGiant
post #3349 of 3459 Old 06-04-2014, 09:06 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Just bought TCP55VT60 doing some break in, I watch mainly movies and sports. I scrolled through several posts but too many. Can someone indicate to me of what I mentioned above, which picture mode is best suited for me and and also if you can give me the setting. tia

PRESENTLY:    TCP55VT60               PREVIOUSLY:    TH46PZ80
PS3 80G
IR 2 BT RE-BL
DENON AVR1910
FIBETV MOTOROLA VIP-1232
PARADIGM MONITOR 7 v6 front speakers
KLIPSCH SUBWOOFER KSW10
kLIPSCH SATELITE SS-1
kLIPSCH CENTER SC-1
HARMONY ONE

post #3350 of 3459 Old 06-04-2014, 04:11 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmar View Post

Just bought TCP55VT60 doing some break in, I watch mainly movies and sports. I scrolled through several posts but too many. Can someone indicate to me of what I mentioned above, which picture mode is best suited for me and and also if you can give me the setting. tia

THX Bright is what I used when I got my ZT. I used that setting for movies and regular TV. Plus, I don't game. I then started using sillysallys settings. After having my set calibrated, haven't gone back to those settings. The VT and ZT are very good right out of the box.
post #3351 of 3459 Old 06-04-2014, 05:06 PM

I checked some of his setting, I saw one with Custom, then I saw some with Pro1 and Pro2,

I am presently watching in THX movie I find this better than the other.

Question are you telling me leave the setting in thx cinema as is.

Also how do you go into settings Pro1 and Pro2 . Can you put Pro1 and Pro2 into manufacture settings tia

PS3 80G
IR 2 BT RE-BL
DENON AVR1910
FIBETV MOTOROLA VIP-1232
KLIPSCH SUBWOOFER KSW10
kLIPSCH SATELITE SS-1
kLIPSCH CENTER SC-1
HARMONY ONE

post #3352 of 3459 Old 06-05-2014, 06:15 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:

I checked some of his setting, I saw one with Custom, then I saw some with Pro1 and Pro2,

I am presently watching in THX movie I find this better than the other.

Question are you telling me leave the setting in thx cinema as is.

Also how do you go into settings Pro1 and Pro2 . Can you put Pro1 and Pro2 into manufacture settings tia

I used Custom for sillysally's settings. And no, didn't make changes to the THX settings. Used as is. My calibrated settings are on PRO 1 and 2 plus 3D.
post #3353 of 3459 Old 06-05-2014, 04:53 PM

Just getting aquanted with this tv, I can watch Hd video or films from Youtube, Netflix or USB.

and the audio comes out of the TV speakers.

Question, does the audio from the output Optical digital audio comes out as a 5.1 If not how do I get the 5.1 out of the above inputs to go to the AVR. TIA .

PS3 80G
IR 2 BT RE-BL
DENON AVR1910
FIBETV MOTOROLA VIP-1232
KLIPSCH SUBWOOFER KSW10
kLIPSCH SATELITE SS-1
kLIPSCH CENTER SC-1
HARMONY ONE

post #3354 of 3459 Old 06-06-2014, 04:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 503
You will get 5.1 from OTA or anything internal to the tv, apps etc. External sources are downmixed to 2 channel. If you want to use your Home Theater speakers, turn viera link on. Then in the apps menu under Viera Settings change the default to Home Theater. Also make sure HDMI control is enabled on your AVR.

65VT60
55ST60
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
post #3355 of 3459 Old 06-06-2014, 10:53 AM

Went on my Denon AVR and seton HDMI control ON
Then the Standby Source I chose HDMI since this is the one that is out of the AVR and Goes in TV (or should I insert HDMI -2 to input AVR

The Viera link is on and chose Home theater

No sound but I hear the sound of my PVR.

Question Like I said Shoul I connect HDMI-3 of the TV to the AVR and select this a input but then what happens to the AVR output HDMI that goes to TV HDMI-1

Or am I doing something no correct. tia

PS3 80G
IR 2 BT RE-BL
DENON AVR1910
FIBETV MOTOROLA VIP-1232
KLIPSCH SUBWOOFER KSW10
kLIPSCH SATELITE SS-1
kLIPSCH CENTER SC-1
HARMONY ONE

post #3356 of 3459 Old 06-06-2014, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 503
Quote:

Went on my Denon AVR and seton HDMI control ON
Then the Standby Source I chose HDMI since this is the one that is out of the AVR and Goes in TV (or should I insert HDMI -2 to input AVR

The Viera link is on and chose Home theater

No sound but I hear the sound of my PVR.

Question Like I said Shoul I connect HDMI-3 of the TV to the AVR and select this a input but then what happens to the AVR output HDMI that goes to TV HDMI-1

Or am I doing something no correct. tia

I thought you were using the optical out from the tv to your avr ? If not in order to return sound to the AVR you need to use the ARC port on the tv, I think that is HDMI 1 but not 100% sure.

65VT60
55ST60
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
post #3357 of 3459 Old 06-06-2014, 11:45 AM

So, either I use the optlink wire from TV to AVR

I have enough wires, so if I can do it with Hdmi it would be great

HDMI-2 is the arc, does it need to be activated , if so where.

The other question Hdmi-2 tv where does it go on the AVR is there an arc hdmi in the AVR. tia

PS3 80G
IR 2 BT RE-BL
DENON AVR1910
FIBETV MOTOROLA VIP-1232
KLIPSCH SUBWOOFER KSW10
kLIPSCH SATELITE SS-1
kLIPSCH CENTER SC-1
HARMONY ONE

post #3358 of 3459 Old 06-06-2014, 01:47 PM

I have connected HDMI-2(I think is the arc one) tv to hdmi -2 avr set the HDMI contron on and assigned Hdmi-2

Home theater in the APS

My avr is assigned to input Hdmi -2 when opening AVR but goes like off due to no video.

and got no sound.

Then I attached a optic cable from tv to input (tv) avr nothing,, I push the AVR tv select and it does not go on due to no cables attached to AVR-tv even selected Sirrus and no, sound.

Can someone give me a hand tia.mad.gif

PS3 80G
IR 2 BT RE-BL
DENON AVR1910
FIBETV MOTOROLA VIP-1232
KLIPSCH SUBWOOFER KSW10
kLIPSCH SATELITE SS-1
kLIPSCH CENTER SC-1
HARMONY ONE

post #3359 of 3459 Old 06-07-2014, 06:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:

Then I attached a optic cable from tv to input (tv) avr nothing,, I push the AVR tv select and it does not go on due to no cables attached to AVR-tv even selected Sirrus and no, sound.

Can someone give me a hand tia.mad.gif

Hi frankmar, your Denon AVR-1910 does not support ARC (Audio Return Channel) so an optical cable is needed to pass audio from TV to Receiver.

Double check the optical cable doesn't have any small protective plastic caps at both end, remove them if present. Connect the optical cable from TV "Digital Audio Out" to receiver "OPT-1 (TV)" input. While the TV apps (Amazon, Netflix, etc...) is playing, on the receiver select the "TV" input.
post #3360 of 3459 Old 06-07-2014, 06:13 AM

Just learned that my Denon avr1910 hdmi 1.3a does not support ARC, but the Hdmi 1.4 does.

So now I going to try with optical cable. would be needing 20ft I have a 12ft I can test with if it works I will get the 20ft.

PS3 80G
IR 2 BT RE-BL
DENON AVR1910
FIBETV MOTOROLA VIP-1232
KLIPSCH SUBWOOFER KSW10
kLIPSCH SATELITE SS-1
kLIPSCH CENTER SC-1
HARMONY ONE

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P55st60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P65st60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P50st60 50 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P60st60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P65s60 65 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic 60 Inch Plasma Hdtv Tc P60s60 , Panasonic Tc P55s60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P50s60 50 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic 42 Inch Plasma Hdtv Tc P42s60
Gear in this thread - P55st60 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page