2013 Panasonic Settings/Issues Thread - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 3443 Old 05-15-2013, 01:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Am getting the VT65" next week. Trying to do this right but have no knowlage. How do I get Dnice's slides to a format I can use on my set? Do I burn them to a DVD?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 3443 Old 05-15-2013, 01:16 PM

Liked: 20
just copy to a USB or SD card and then go to app and use the media player. follow dnice from there.
post #723 of 3443 Old 05-15-2013, 01:37 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmoniz View Post

Am getting the VT65" next week. Trying to do this right but have no knowlage. How do I get Dnice's slides to a format I can use on my set? Do I burn them to a DVD?

I copied my slides to a DVD RW and it worked just fine.
post #724 of 3443 Old 05-15-2013, 01:50 PM

I dont recomend using the DVD or BD player, only because it iwll have to run non stop the whole time, it may also freeze..

If you use a USB or SD right in the TV you eliminate wear on the player and any other things that may come up with the additional device..

Just my opinion..
trastan likes this.
post #725 of 3443 Old 05-15-2013, 02:21 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by monk2580 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmoniz View Post

I copied my slides to a DVD RW and it worked just fine.
I have a copy of the slides on a DVD-R disk from over five years ago. wink.gif
post #726 of 3443 Old 05-15-2013, 02:24 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heywould View Post

I dont recomend using the DVD or BD player, only because it iwll have to run non stop the whole time, it may also freeze..

If you use a USB or SD right in the TV you eliminate wear on the player and any other things that may come up with the additional device..

Just my opinion..
Either method works. You just have to be sure that the repeat function is reliable. Are you a mechanical engineer?
post #727 of 3443 Old 05-15-2013, 02:59 PM

Thankyou htwait's...I'm actually not surprised that you're the one who answered my question's. Because if i'm reading your name correctly and if I had to guess, look's like you also have done your fair share of waiting...from your post's number, look's like you've probably done a lot more then a fair share. thank's again, and plus you gave me the exact answer I was looking for. I'm using cnet's setting's but white's and people's face's seem to have a slight green tint to them. I think it might have to do with color temp, which is set to Warm 2. i'm used to normal or cool 1 which is what my Samsung dlp was set at before I got the VT60. any more advice on green tint in white's and face's would be much appreciated...and I promise i'll be more patient waiting for a reply this time.

60VT60 3D
DENON AVR-1611
DEFINITIVE SC 2000
DEFINITIVE PC 2000
KEF HTS2001.3
ASUS G73JH
PS3 SLIM
For Sale: Samasung DLP HLT6176S
post #728 of 3443 Old 05-15-2013, 03:02 PM

Liked: 27
Quote:

Im glad to see im not the only one.. I am on a quest.. I have a thread started on this issue in this forum.. you can folow that one for updates if you like..

I am hoping more people with the WOW disk chime in so we can see if its normal or not..

I ran the slides for 100+ hours, I had my TV profess ally calibrated at 200 hours, I bought the WOW disc and ran through the setup AFTER both of these and everything looks perfect on the WOW disc. I did NOT have the same issue you are seeing. Have you tried to change from DNice's settings to standard AND tried any of the other settings in the ST60 thread? I think you have a defective unit/or Bluray player/or cable unless the settings you have applied are causing an issue.

Do you have access to a different cable and/or bluray player to make sure they are NOT the issue before you go though the hassle of exchanging the TV?
post #729 of 3443 Old 05-15-2013, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD2Blu View Post

I ran the slides for 100+ hours, I had my TV profess ally calibrated at 200 hours, I bought the WOW disc and ran through the setup AFTER both of these and everything looks perfect on the WOW disc. I did NOT have the same issue you are seeing. Have you tried to change from DNice's settings to standard AND tried any of the other settings in the ST60 thread? I think you have a defective unit/or Bluray player/or cable unless the settings you have applied are causing an issue.

I ran the slides for 100 hours, and tried it with both DNice's and CNET's settings, same issue with both. My Bluray player is a PS3.
post #730 of 3443 Old 05-15-2013, 03:42 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dBrasco View Post

Thankyou htwait's...I'm actually not surprised that you're the one who answered my question's. Because if i'm reading your name correctly and if I had to guess, look's like you also have done your fair share of waiting...from your post's number, look's like you've probably done a lot more then a fair share. thank's again, and plus you gave me the exact answer I was looking for. I'm using cnet's setting's but white's and people's face's seem to have a slight green tint to them. I think it might have to do with color temp, which is set to Warm 2. i'm used to normal or cool 1 which is what my Samsung dlp was set at before I got the VT60. any more advice on green tint in white's and face's would be much appreciated...and I promise i'll be more patient waiting for a reply this time.
You're welcome. I bought our first HDTV (Samsung DLP RPTV) in June of 2004. I started reading here at AVS in June of 2002. Economics had a lot to do with waiting, and wanting to know how the new DLP technology was going to work out. The first time I saw DLP it was a 52" display for the modest price of $13,000. In 2004 the 50" Samsung was available for about $2,800 if you were a Magnolia customer that directed several customers to the manager before you got around to buying. wink.gif

I really haven't been waiting since we got the Kuro plasma in 2007. biggrin.gif

It's obvious that you are a little to far on the green (cool?) side. If you isolate that question and your related settings, an owner would probably be better able to help you. I don't know why Warm 2 (> red) would give you a green tint.

What I'm doing now is collecting links. See the "customer's" thread in the signature area at the bottom of my post. wink.gif

Best wishes for your HD experience.
post #731 of 3443 Old 05-15-2013, 04:47 PM

Quote:

Just my opinion..

I copied (OSX) the files to a FAT formatted USB drive and SD card and both formats have a mirror set of unreadable files. Anyone have a fix for this?

thanks
JohnG
post #732 of 3443 Old 05-15-2013, 04:50 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymg View Post

I copied (OSX) the files to a FAT formatted USB drive and SD card and both formats have a mirror set of unreadable files. Anyone have a fix for this?

thanks
JohnG

Someone earlier said copying each slide individually instead of all the slides at once fixed it for them.

post #733 of 3443 Old 05-15-2013, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeg36 View Post

Someone earlier said copying each slide individually instead of all the slides at once fixed it for them.

I tried that and still 'no bueno'. confused.gif
post #734 of 3443 Old 05-15-2013, 07:43 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymg View Post

I tried that and still 'no bueno'. confused.gif

I used Bootcamp on my Mac to format and copy the slides over, sorry I can help more.

post #735 of 3443 Old 05-15-2013, 08:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Maybe try a different flash drive? I initially had problems on my Mac but solved them by reformatting the drive and dragging each slide over individually. But, it sounds like you already tried that.
post #736 of 3443 Old 05-15-2013, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

Either method works. You just have to be sure that the repeat function is reliable. Are you a mechanical engineer?

Yeah, actually I am..

I didn't say not to do it, I said it will cause wear on the device, to each his own.
post #737 of 3443 Old 05-15-2013, 11:11 PM

Quote:

Do you have access to a different cable and/or bluray player to make sure they are NOT the issue before you go though the hassle of exchanging the TV?

Yeah I tried dnice settings, the tv had 300 hours or more on it, ive tried all default settings too.,

But I was able to resolve the issue, went to bb and got a new cable and fixed the contrast issue, the pixel flipper issue was still there though, bought the Sony 5100 bd player and that resolved the pixel issue.. All is good.,

For the record, I put the new cable on the old bd player and verified the contrast issue with wow disk did work, I put old cable 1.3b version, back on and it did the same white clipping issue so I tried 4 more old cables and they all did the same thing, ally cables were bad,, strange, last time I cheap out on low cost hdmi cables.. Don't worry I will never pay for monster cables but I won't buy the amazon 2 for 3 dollar cables either.. Lol
post #738 of 3443 Old 05-16-2013, 12:22 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

Yeah, actually I am..

I didn't say not to do it, I said it will cause wear on the device, to each his own.
You're right. Using anything mechanical will result in wear. I like to run things hard if they have a return period. With electronics I want to take full advantage of their early failure curve. Cheers. smile.gif
post #739 of 3443 Old 05-16-2013, 01:54 AM

Liked: 27
Quote:

Yeah I tried dnice settings, the tv had 300 hours or more on it, ive tried all default settings too.,

But I was able to resolve the issue, went to bb and got a new cable and fixed the contrast issue, the pixel flipper issue was still there though, bought the Sony 5100 bd player and that resolved the pixel issue.. All is good.,

For the record, I put the new cable on the old bd player and verified the contrast issue with wow disk did work, I put old cable 1.3b version, back on and it did the same white clipping issue so I tried 4 more old cables and they all did the same thing, ally cables were bad,, strange, last time I cheap out on low cost hdmi cables.. Don't worry I will never pay for monster cables but I won't buy the amazon 2 for 3 dollar cables either.. Lol

Glad to hear it was not the TV. smile.gif. Now you have peace of mind too. Let us know if you see a difference in the picture with real content. Enjoy smile.gif
post #740 of 3443 Old 05-16-2013, 06:55 AM

Liked: 35
Quote:

Glad to hear it was not the TV. smile.gif. Now you have peace of mind too. Let us know if you see a difference in the picture with real content. Enjoy smile.gif

Good to hear!
post #741 of 3443 Old 05-16-2013, 08:17 AM

Quote:

The first thing I noticed was the blacks were not clipping (crushed) and the whites actually seemed (to me) to be more detailed, before I would get "dirty" whites and bright scenes were washed out in the highlights. This could all be my wishfull thinking but I did not change one setting on the TV after I changed the cable..

From my OP, I started on this quest with the WOW disk because of the blacks being crushed. I am now using Cnet settings with minor color and tint adjustments (using the blue WOW filter) and the picture is better than ever..

I found Dnice settings to be too red and a little dim for my taste, I do plan on using Dnice settings with a tweak using the WOW disk though.. thats the nice thing, Dnice uses custom and Cnet uses cinema as their bases..
post #742 of 3443 Old 05-16-2013, 08:20 AM

Quote:

The first thing I noticed was the blacks were not clipping (crushed) and the whites actually seemed (to me) to be more detailed, before I would get "dirty" whites and bright scenes were washed out in the highlights. This could all be my wishfull thinking but I did not change one setting on the TV after I changed the cable..

From my OP, I started on this quest with the WOW disk because of the blacks being crushed. I am now using Cnet settings with minor color and tint adjustments (using the blue WOW filter) and the picture is better than ever..

I found Dnice settings to be too red and a little dim for my taste, I do plan on using Dnice settings with a tweak using the WOW disk though.. thats the nice thing, Dnice uses custom and Cnet uses cinema as their bases..

Is there a quick way to switch between Dnice's settings and Cnet's? Or do I have to manually re-enter the settings under the custom mode each time?
post #743 of 3443 Old 05-16-2013, 08:27 AM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonisgreen View Post

Is there a quick way to switch between Dnice's settings and Cnet's? Or do I have to manually re-enter the settings under the custom mode each time?
Put one setting in custom and the other in cinema

consider the source
post #744 of 3443 Old 05-16-2013, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian s View Post

Put one setting in custom and the other in cinema

What if I want to keep those presets as well? wink.gif

Is there not a way to create a new preset/mode?
post #745 of 3443 Old 05-16-2013, 08:32 AM

Liked: 16
Quote:

What if I want to keep those presets as well? wink.gif

Is there not a way to create a new preset/mode?
No

consider the source
post #746 of 3443 Old 05-16-2013, 08:35 AM

Quote:

Cnet recomends you use the Cinema as the base and Dnice uses custom.. so you dont have to input the settings each time.. put dnice in custom and cnet in cinema and when you want to change you move between those two with a push of a button or two..

Its also a very easy way to see the difference between the two in real content.

Also, each port has its own settings so if you put dnice settings in for TV or HDMI 1 all the other ports will be at their defautls (unless you copy the settings to the other ports with the copy feature)

You can have different settings for each port, all three hdmi, tv AV etc all have their own.. you can as I said copy (without having to input manually) the settings to each port though.
post #747 of 3443 Old 05-16-2013, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 457
Are all the advanced settings availible on cinema ?

65VT60
55ST60
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
post #748 of 3443 Old 05-16-2013, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post

Are all the advanced settings availible on cinema ?

Yes, same as custom.
post #749 of 3443 Old 05-16-2013, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 457
That's new this year in the past cinema did not have the pro settings

65VT60
55ST60
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
post #750 of 3443 Old 05-16-2013, 11:09 AM

Here's a question for those of you who have done your own calibration...

Has anyone noticed a big difference when they've adjusted the W/B or Gamma Detail Adjustment? Or even the Color Balance Adjustment? I did slightly adjust the RGB luminance from the 706 RGB color pattern on the DVE blu-ray disc, but hue and saturation seem to have very little overall effect on the picture. Same goes for the gamma and W/B adjustments when looking at any grayscale pattern. Or at least, none of the calibration discs that I own are sufficient enough to provide proper feedback while manipulating the fine-tune picture controls.

My Samsung LCD had an amazing amount of color controls that would dial out any reds from the greens and cyans (for example) so it's weird moving over to a plasma that has barely any effective controls-- which begs the question, how useful is it get this TV professionally calibrated when you can't make any radical adjustments to the color fidelity?
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P55st60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P65st60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P50st60 50 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P60st60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P65s60 65 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic 60 Inch Plasma Hdtv Tc P60s60 , Panasonic Tc P55s60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P50s60 50 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic 42 Inch Plasma Hdtv Tc P42s60
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page