Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHir View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

That's what I conclude too. The only reliable information that I personally know about it what D-Nice has been quoted saying about his ST60.

That concerns me a little bit. I don't mind having it re-calibrated every 9-12 months, but if the drift is so significant that it becomes hard to keep this set calibrated optimally to where it needs to be done every few months...that is an issue for me. Hopefully not the case though.
I hope so to. It's bad enough trying to find plasmas in places like BB. A real issue would be a killer.

I doubt that's the case. We'll hear from D-Nice and others when enough field experience accumulates.

Calibration Resources:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 3458 Old 05-24-2013, 05:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHir View Post

That concerns me a little bit. I don't mind having it re-calibrated every 9-12 months, but if the drift is so significant that it becomes hard to keep this set calibrated optimally to where it needs to be done every few months...that is an issue for me. Hopefully not the case though.

If it hasn't been an issue in the past, it won't be now. It's not like the shift is significantly worse on this set than other models/brands.
post #903 of 3458 Old 05-24-2013, 08:37 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
I see so many posts asking when the D-nice settings will be available. Not sure if many have actually plugged in the CNET VT60 settings but I personally find them an improvement over the THX Cinema setting, pretty darn spot on as far as my picky eyes go. Others have confirmed the same over on the main VT60 thread. First display I've ever owned where settings plugged in look so good that I'm not anxious for an ISF calibration. Not that I won't have one done, but nice to enjoy and thoroughly let my display break in. So good in fact, that I see myself easily going to 1,000 hours before feeling like I'm not enjoying an awesome picture.

Folks should try the CNET setting if not tried already. May be surprised until the D-nice setting are released which might not be until late in the year as some have said if the previous pattern follows for past years.

Cheers, enjoy the long Holiday weekend!
post #904 of 3458 Old 05-24-2013, 01:27 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertrobert View Post

I see so many posts asking when the D-nice settings will be available. Not sure if many have actually plugged in the CNET VT60 settings but I personally find them an improvement over the THX Cinema setting, pretty darn spot on as far as my picky eyes go. Others have confirmed the same over on the main VT60 thread. First display I've ever owned where settings plugged in look so good that I'm not anxious for an ISF calibration. Not that I won't have one done, but nice to enjoy and thoroughly let my display break in. So good in fact, that I see myself easily going to 1,000 hours before feeling like I'm not enjoying an awesome picture.

Folks should try the CNET setting if not tried already. May be surprised until the D-nice setting are released which might not be until late in the year as some have said if the previous pattern follows for past years.

Cheers, enjoy the long Holiday weekend!
The CNET setting look the best on my ST60, better than D-nice. I guess if you don't run the slides then D-nice settings shouldn't look the best. eek.gif
post #905 of 3458 Old 05-24-2013, 02:14 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Akin View Post

The CNET setting look the best on my ST60, better than D-nice. I guess if you don't run the slides then D-nice settings shouldn't look the best. eek.gif

Oh no, now you went and did it, bringing on D-nice posts about taking it seriously. smile.gif

No worries, very funny actually.

Good to know the CNET settings worked out so well on your ST60. I actually tried the ST60 settings on my VT60 settings at first and yuck, didn't like it at all, for obvious reasons. Once I plugged in the VT60 settings into my VT60, funny how that makes a difference....wow, made great improvement, almost like it was calibrated.
post #906 of 3458 Old 05-24-2013, 02:43 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonThomasDesigns View Post

Oooooh Snap ... I think i invented (more like Macgyvered) a quality Noise blocker for the VT60 fans and it looks good ...

First the SilverStone 140mm Fan Filter with Magnet for Case Fan/Power Supply Fan and Panel Air Vent FF141B (Black)

Then SilverStone 120mm Fan Filter with Grill FF121 (Black)

I used a tiny bit of scotch tape to mount the 120m Fan filter onto the 140mm fan filter

The 140mm Fan Filter has tiny magnets that stick directly over the fans on the VT60 , It still allows the hot air to escape and since both of the filter were made for fan sound it blocks most of the sound ..

Oh don't sue me it it blows up your TV so use at your own risk .. but I Tested it and it really seems to work and of course you can just use the 140mm filter , but combining them gave me great results

Thanks Jon for the suggestion, I went out and got the 120mm Fan Filter but Fry's did not have the 140mm Fan Filter so I bought a 120mm with foam. I rigged it up and it helps a little but doesn't block out most of the sound as I still hear it even with volume on, albeit low.
post #907 of 3458 Old 05-24-2013, 02:57 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by daferret View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonThomasDesigns View Post

Oooooh Snap ... I think i invented (more like Macgyvered) a quality Noise blocker for the VT60 fans and it looks good ...

First the SilverStone 140mm Fan Filter with Magnet for Case Fan/Power Supply Fan and Panel Air Vent FF141B (Black)

Thanks Jon for the suggestion, I went out and got the 120mm Fan Filter but Fry's did not have the 140mm Fan Filter so I bought a 120mm with foam. I rigged it up and it helps a little but doesn't block out most of the sound as I still hear it even with volume on, albeit low.
Why not get one from Amazon using JonThomasDesigns' link?

Calibration Resources:

post #908 of 3458 Old 05-24-2013, 04:03 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by daferret View Post

I tried them both separately but it wasn't till I did them both in conjunction did I get quality results
post #909 of 3458 Old 05-24-2013, 04:22 PM

Liked: 10
I'm running D-Nice's slides now on my P55ST60, which arrived yesterday. I tried to use his screen settings but they didn't make any sense on this model, so I went back to the defaults, then finally set up the cnet ones.

I run the slides when I'm not watching the ST60 and learning how to use its remote and the apps for it on an iphone and ipad. The iphone VIERAremote2 is good, but as usual with these things, not documented by literate people. Learning how to upload from the app text to login to a Netflix account took quite a while.
post #910 of 3458 Old 05-24-2013, 05:18 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnettrules21 View Post

I'm getting mine on Tuesday and I'll probably run slides over night but when I'm at home I plan on watching full screen movies. I bought the tv, I want to use it. I've read that most people wont notice the quality change from day 1 "d-nice" or "cnet" calibration vs what it looks like at 100 or 300 hours. If it was going to be a substantial difference, sure I would run that stuff for the full time non-stop. Are there any pictures that truly show a "before I ran slides" and an "after I ran slides" with the same settings? I don't doubt it probably looks better but to what degree and for the general user is it even noticeable.

That's wrong. Many have posted there is an obvious difference between 0 hours and 100 hours of slides. Almost no one has mentioned a noticeable change in 100 hours and 300 hours. And when I say 0, I mean both of slides and the unit itself.
post #911 of 3458 Old 05-24-2013, 05:36 PM

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffluck View Post

That's wrong. Many have posted there is an obvious difference between 0 hours and 100 hours of slides. Almost no one has mentioned a noticeable change in 100 hours and 300 hours. And when I say 0, I mean both of slides and the unit itself.

I have opted not to run the slides because i found out for whatever reason the slides dont fill the entire screen on either the left or right side . Causing two vertical phosphor lines not fire which would cause serious burn in for the rest of the screen. I am not saying that running slides is not the way to go for using the upcoming cnet /dnice settings . I am just saying that this is a issue for 2013 sets running slide shows "on mine anyway". When i watch HD or anything else everything is properly centered. I ran it almost 24 hours and woke up and noticed the screen was off centered. I went back to slide show and ran the slides and it was normal? weird. Then for some reason it reverted to what i described above . So you can take this as a grain of salt for VT60 owners but i can tell you that you are more than fine to run your set for 100 hours running regular content .. no black bars for long periods then entering the settings. I think this is just nothing more than a faster way to burn in he phosphors and to get a professional calibrator into the home to do ISF cal.
and it has been confirmed by D-NIce that at the 300 hour mark these sets will drift again so its best to wait 300-400 hours before getting your set professionally calibrated . If you are a VT owner the out of the box settings are awesome for THX day and night
post #912 of 3458 Old 05-24-2013, 07:11 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnettrules21 View Post

I'm getting mine on Tuesday and I'll probably run slides over night but when I'm at home I plan on watching full screen movies. I bought the tv, I want to use it. I've read that most people wont notice the quality change from day 1 "d-nice" or "cnet" calibration vs what it looks like at 100 or 300 hours. If it was going to be a substantial difference, sure I would run that stuff for the full time non-stop. Are there any pictures that truly show a "before I ran slides" and an "after I ran slides" with the same settings? I don't doubt it probably looks better but to what degree and for the general user is it even noticeable.

D-Nice has reported a major shift in his ST60 about the time he reached 300 hours which is why he recommended using the TV for at least 300 hours before having it professionally calibrated.

Calibration Resources:

post #913 of 3458 Old 05-24-2013, 07:58 PM
TWD
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIG1001 View Post

Quote:

I have opted not to run the slides because i found out for whatever reason the slides dont fill the entire screen on either the left or right side . Causing two vertical phosphor lines not fire which would cause serious burn in for the rest of the screen. I am not saying that running slides is not the way to go for using the upcoming cnet /dnice settings . I am just saying that this is a issue for 2013 sets running slide shows "on mine anyway". When i watch HD or anything else everything is properly centered. I ran it almost 24 hours and woke up and noticed the screen was off centered. I went back to slide show and ran the slides and it was normal? weird. Then for some reason it reverted to what i described above . So you can take this as a grain of salt for VT60 owners but i can tell you that you are more than fine to run your set for 100 hours running regular content .. no black bars for long periods then entering the settings. I think this is just nothing more than a faster way to burn in he phosphors and to get a professional calibrator into the home to do ISF cal.
and it has been confirmed by D-NIce that at the 300 hour mark these sets will drift again so its best to wait 300-400 hours before getting your set professionally calibrated . If you are a VT owner the out of the box settings are awesome for THX day and night

Did you turn off the pixel orbiter?

TWD
post #914 of 3458 Old 05-24-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD View Post

No i left all settings on default custom
post #915 of 3458 Old 05-24-2013, 08:18 PM
TWD
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIG1001 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD View Post

No i left all settings on default custom

When you run the slides you should turn off the pixel orbiter. It may solve your issue.

TWD
post #916 of 3458 Old 05-24-2013, 11:44 PM

Will keep you updated
post #917 of 3458 Old 05-25-2013, 03:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

To begin, here is a spelled out guide for setup if you want to know exactly which buttons to press when doing the initial setup.

1) Put the batteries in your remote and hit the red 'Power' button.
This will take you through a couple of initial setup steps. Skip everything you can, as you can revisit this in the menu after you have done the prep.
2) Turn the pixel orbiter off: Menu-->Setup-->Anti image retention-->Auto
3) Plug your USB stick (or SD card) with the photos on it into the side of the TV.
4) Press 'VIERA TOOLS' -> Media-Player -> Photos
This will show thumbnails of all the pictures on your USB stick.
5) Now press 'MENU' on your remote.
Choose 'Picture' -> 'Custom' default settings.
This will apply the settings to the photos in your slideshow.
When done press the 'RETURN' button on your remote.
6) Now press the red rectangular button under the 'R' on your remote.
7) Set the 'Slideshow Settings' from post #1 of this thread.
8) Choose the top menu item here and press it to 'Start Slideshow'
9) Wait 100 hours. smile.gif
Just thought it would be a good idea to post this again.
waskie likes this.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #918 of 3458 Old 05-25-2013, 09:43 AM

Liked: 10
Just got the 60st60, running the slides for about 14 hours now and it seems there is a small black blip between slides changing now. I didn't notice this when I started the show, is this normal? I don't have photo transition effects on.
post #919 of 3458 Old 05-25-2013, 12:20 PM

Liked: 17
Hello D, not concerned about you posting your settings for the VT60 as ive done my own calibration, I am curious as too what you recommend for the contrast setting though.

My meter seems to show that my sets contrast setting maxes out at 70 or so, which led me too leave it at 80.

Some are saying that the faceoff had the sets maxed at 100, if this is true, what the reasoning for this?

Thanks
post #920 of 3458 Old 05-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Quote:

D-Nice has reported a major shift in his ST60 about the time he reached 300 hours which is why he recommended using the TV for at least 300 hours before having it professionally calibrated.

Right, but I asked a few pages back if a layman could notice this difference after 300 hours, and the general consensus was no. However many have noticed a change after 100 hours.
post #921 of 3458 Old 05-25-2013, 04:15 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Could someone place tell me how to turn off the red "on" led on the front of the vt60? thanks.
post #922 of 3458 Old 05-25-2013, 04:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrollens View Post

Could someone place tell me how to turn off the red "on" led on the front of the vt60? thanks.

I sent you this in the VT thread. There is no need to double post. smile.gif
http://www.lightdims.com/

Larry
post #923 of 3458 Old 05-25-2013, 04:40 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 22
There is no need to push a product twice when I was asking for help on how to turn it off via the menu.
post #924 of 3458 Old 05-25-2013, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

There is no need to push a product twice when I was asking for help on how to turn it off via the menu.

Jeeez, guy. I'm not pushing a product. I'm just trying to help you out. If you had said in the first place that you wanted to know how to do it within the menu, I would not have responded.

Good luck and goodbye,
Larry
post #925 of 3458 Old 05-25-2013, 04:48 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
Quote:

he is letting you know about the product because in order for you to turn it off in the menu, you have to return your vt60 and buy a zt60 wink.gif

post #926 of 3458 Old 05-25-2013, 04:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:

Its not a premium feature only reserved for the ZT is it?

Edit: Well that answers that. LOL. Ridiculous.
post #927 of 3458 Old 05-25-2013, 05:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 394
same as last year

that's why I have http://www.lightdims.com/

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

post #928 of 3458 Old 05-25-2013, 06:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Buzz,

Have a safe trip up north.

Larry
post #929 of 3458 Old 05-25-2013, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 394
Thanks Larry.

That guy just asked the same question in two different threads at HDJ. I guess he didn't believe you. rolleyes.gif

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

post #930 of 3458 Old 05-25-2013, 06:30 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Quote:

Right, but I asked a few pages back if a layman could notice this difference after 300 hours, and the general consensus was no. However many have noticed a change after 100 hours.
The general consensus it that having a display calibrated is pointless because the layman can't tell the difference. wink.gif

Calibration Resources:

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P55st60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P65st60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P50st60 50 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P60st60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P65s60 65 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic 60 Inch Plasma Hdtv Tc P60s60 , Panasonic Tc P55s60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P50s60 50 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic 42 Inch Plasma Hdtv Tc P42s60
Gear in this thread - P55st60 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page