Forum Jump: 

post #1531 of 3453 Old 08-26-2013, 03:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Hey Guys,

Thanks so much for your help! I've got the slides running! Wahoo! But I do have a question, there is at least one pure white slide in the slide show but I don't see it when running through the slides. The lightest is a light grey. Is there something else I need to do to get a white slide? I've double checked Bond's list in post 1512 and the initial list in post 1...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1532 of 3453 Old 08-26-2013, 03:13 PM

Liked: 11
IDRICK - There is no Viera tools button - hit the one in the bottom right that says SD CARD. Thats where you can access the slideshow

The image retention is under picture and screen settings.
post #1533 of 3453 Old 08-26-2013, 03:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDRick View Post

Hey Guys,

Thanks so much for your help! I've got the slides running! Wahoo! But I do have a question, there is at least one pure white slide in the slide show but I don't see it when running through the slides. The lightest is a light grey. Is there something else I need to do to get a white slide? I've double checked Bond's list in post 1512 and the initial list in post 1...
It is normal for the white slide to look light grey. Continue running.
IDRick likes this.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #1534 of 3453 Old 08-26-2013, 03:16 PM

Liked: 17
It's shows up as grey when full screen because of ABL (automatic brightness limiter). Plasma TVs would need a lot of power to display an entire light/bright screen.
post #1535 of 3453 Old 08-26-2013, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbenson81 View Post

IDRICK - There is no Viera tools button - hit the one in the bottom right that says SD CARD. Thats where you can access the slideshow

The image retention is under picture and screen settings.

I start the slides by first pressing viera tools on the remote, then select mediat player, then photos, then red rectangle on remote, then ok to start...

thanks, I have now set iimage retention to auto
post #1536 of 3453 Old 08-26-2013, 03:18 PM

Liked: 10
ok - this is insanely idiotic of me. But I just was combing through this thread, and found that my pixel orbiter needed to be set to AUTO (off) rather than on. I am 4 hrs away from my 100 hrs, and now I am in considerable conundrum

1) have I blown my chance to follow dnice's setting? Do I even wait for the 4 more hours or just derail myself now
2) do I run the 100 hrs AGAIN with the orbiter set to auto.

this is very frustrating...:-(
post #1537 of 3453 Old 08-26-2013, 03:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopianbl View Post

ok - this is insanely idiotic of me. But I just was combing through this thread, and found that my pixel orbiter needed to be set to AUTO (off) rather than on. I am 4 hrs away from my 100 hrs, and now I am in considerable conundrum

1) have I blown my chance to follow dnice's setting? Do I even wait for the 4 more hours or just derail myself now
2) do I run the 100 hrs AGAIN with the orbiter set to auto.

this is very frustrating...:-(
That is nothing to worry about. Youre OK.
utopianbl likes this.

post #1538 of 3453 Old 08-26-2013, 03:29 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

That is nothing to worry about. Youre OK.
thanks for the super quick response - I got to page 9 when everyone panicked around the orbiter being set to ON as default and how some were advised to restart with it set to AUTO. Except, most seemed like they were only hours into the process, but I am sitting here almost at the end - which is why I panicked harder haha
post #1539 of 3453 Old 08-26-2013, 03:32 PM
AVS Special Member

What is the process after 100 hours if you want to continue aging the panel during non-viewing hours? Do I simply enter Fairchild's settings for the S64 to watch tv then just run slides in off hours without changing settings? Thanks!
post #1540 of 3453 Old 08-26-2013, 03:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

What is the process after 100 hours if you want to continue aging the panel during non-viewing hours? Do I simply enter Fairchild's settings for the S64 to watch tv then just run slides in off hours without changing settings? Thanks!
Yes
IDRick likes this.

post #1541 of 3453 Old 08-26-2013, 05:33 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 463
Quote:

Quote:

Yes
Also yes.
post #1542 of 3453 Old 08-26-2013, 06:53 PM

Remote.JPG 464k .JPG file

Do i have a different remote than everyone else? Throughout this entire thread people have mentioned hitting the "Viera Tools" button

My St60 is brand new and the serial on the remote matches the manual so I didnt get the wrong one. Am I just blind? Where is the Viera Tools button - picture attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Remote.JPG (463.8 KB, 29 views)
post #1543 of 3453 Old 08-26-2013, 07:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbenson81 View Post

Remote.JPG 464k .JPG file

Do i have a different remote than everyone else? Throughout this entire thread people have mentioned hitting the "Viera Tools" button

My St60 is brand new and the serial on the remote matches the manual so I didnt get the wrong one. Am I just blind? Where is the Viera Tools button - picture attached.
If I remember right the remote changed some time during production.

post #1544 of 3453 Old 08-26-2013, 09:50 PM

Liked: 14
I have been asked by a Senor member of Calibration Forums to do an FAQ on Dnices procedures. It needs one desperately. I wil actually present my FAQ here and in the S60 Dnice sticky on AVS.
I need yo guys to chime in and HELP me with the FAQ. I got the questions..most of them. I still need a few answers. I will create the FAQ AFTER I do the entire procedure myself.

Read bellow, please.

I never got an answer to my question about creating an SD card slide show. DO I drag the FOLDER in the SD card or drag each slide one by one. This is a good FAQ BTW.
What kind of SD cards wont work(dont know), where to BUY an SD card (Amazon), what operating system NOT to use to create an SD card (Mac)...I mean so many Q&A that would be useful to vets and noobs alike. can you help with any of thse questions I dont know the answers to?
I bought a nice high speed 1G Sandisk SD card (full size SD) that even has a pop out USB male. How cool is that. 10 bucks shipped 2 day free with Amazon prime.
All these little details and much MORE should be in an FAQ. I want to do it.

List FAQ's you would like to see IN ONE PLACE...like the orbiter issue, does the TV need to be hooked up to a source like cable/Uverse/sattelite ect, or can the slide show run with the TV sitting in some corner with just an SD card (dont know the answer to this one)

PLEASE guys. Help me with some answers and present FAQ's YOU would like to see in my list. I have already started a file on my PC. My FAQ when I am done will be presented in a normal POST here first for critique and tweaking. I cant do this with out your help. Thanks. Dave
post #1545 of 3453 Old 08-27-2013, 03:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

The slides can be run without the tv being hooked up to any external source. (Other than what the slides are on, obviously).

post #1546 of 3453 Old 08-27-2013, 04:21 AM

Really? Great. I was sure I read that was not the case..which made no sense at all to me. See, even posts can contain bad info. That's why I want my FAQ VERIFIED by all of you and then posted near the head of this thread somehow (in one of dnices reserved posts?)

NO ONE has answered this one: Do I drag the FOLDER or each slide into the USB drive? I just found out my 50S64 does not have an SD card slot. I thought all S models had an SD card slot. Where is it supposed to be? I brought a new SD card just for the slides. I think it has a fold out USB male connecter like a flash drive. So I guess I will be OK either way.

key things to remember:
Turn orbiter off or to auto? Something like that?
RE check that the setting is in Custom after starting slides. I think it reverts to Standard by default when a slide show starts? True? Not true? You see. I need all this for my FAQ. SO MANY DETAILS!!
post #1547 of 3453 Old 08-27-2013, 04:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Dont know about the SD card.
Orbiter off (Auto) is not critical but recommended.
You have to set Custom after entering the Photos part of the menu or you will be setting Custom for whatever HDMI is selected. It should not revert back to anything unless you leave the slideshow and go back to regular tv settings. Photos is a different input therefore has its own settings.

post #1548 of 3453 Old 08-27-2013, 04:58 AM

Quote:

Dont know about the SD card.
Orbiter off (Auto) is not critical but recommended.
You have to set Custom after entering the Photos part of the menu or you will be setting Custom for whatever HDMI is selected. It should not revert back to anything unless you leave the slideshow and go back to regular tv settings. Photos is a different input therefore has its own settings.

Ahhh. I didnt know that. I added your post to my file. Thanks!

About the orbiter what are the choices? On and Auto? And auto means "off"? Or is there and 'off" icon to select?

so the list I have in file LOOKS 100% correct. yes? Its this:

1) Put the batteries in your remote and hit the red 'Power' button.
This will take you through a couple of initial setup steps. Skip everything you can, as you can revisit this in the menu after you have done the prep.
2) Turn the pixel orbiter off: Menu-->Setup-->Anti image retention-->Auto
3) Plug your USB stick (or SD card) with the photos on it into the side of the TV.
4) Press 'VIERA TOOLS' -> Media-Player -> Photos
This will show thumbnails of all the pictures on your USB stick.
5) Now press 'MENU' on your remote.
Choose 'Picture' -> 'Custom' default settings.
This will apply the settings to the photos in your slideshow.
When done press the 'RETURN' button on your remote.
6) Now press the red rectangular button under the 'R' on your remote.
7) Set the 'Slideshow Settings' from post #1 of this thread.
8) Choose the top menu item here and press it to 'Start Slideshow'
9) Wait 100 hours. smile.gif

Slideshow Settings/Photo Settings

Picture Mode: Custom
***Leave all settings at their default***

Slideshow Settings

Frame: Off
Photo Effect: Off
Transition Effect: Off
Photo Size: Normal
Burst Playback: Off
Display Interval: Long
Repeat Playback: On
post #1549 of 3453 Old 08-27-2013, 06:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

You can edit #7 if you are going to post the slideshow settings together with the instructions. Other than that it looks like you have just put the 2 posts together.
I dont believe there is an Off setting for the PO but I dont own a 2013 so maybe when you get yours you can confirm.

post #1550 of 3453 Old 08-27-2013, 09:36 AM

Quote:

You can edit #7 if you are going to post the slideshow settings together with the instructions. Other than that it looks like you have just put the 2 posts together.
I dont believe there is an Off setting for the PO but I dont own a 2013 so maybe when you get yours you can confirm.

Just On and Auto

To get to the PO; Menu > Picture > Screen Settings and scroll down to Pixel orbiter
post #1551 of 3453 Old 08-27-2013, 10:37 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
When I do the WoW disc I come up with 93 contrast and -4 brightness. Doesn't that seem weird to anyone other than me?

BTW I find the Sharpness adjustment on the WoW disc completely useless. I can't tell any difference between none, some, and too much in their examples.
post #1552 of 3453 Old 08-27-2013, 11:51 AM

Quote:

Ok, here it is with edited #7

1) Put the batteries in your remote and hit the red 'Power' button.
This will take you through a couple of initial setup steps. Skip everything you can, as you can revisit this in the menu after you have done the prep.
3) Plug your USB stick (or SD card) with the photos on it into the side of the TV.
4) Press 'VIERA TOOLS' -> Media-Player -> Photos
This will show thumbnails of all the pictures on your USB stick.
5) Now press 'MENU' on your remote.
Choose 'Picture' -> 'Custom' default settings.
This will apply the settings to the photos in your slideshow.
When done press the 'RETURN' button on your remote.
6) Now press the red rectangular button under the 'R' on your remote.
7) Set the 'Slideshow Settings' using the guide presented below step #9
8) Choose the top menu item here and press it to 'Start Slideshow'
9) Wait 100 hours. smile.gif

Slideshow Settings/Photo Settings

Picture Mode: Custom
***Leave all settings at their default***

Slideshow Settings

Frame: Off
Photo Effect: Off
Transition Effect: Off
Photo Size: Normal
Burst Playback: Off
Display Interval: Long
Repeat Playback: On

FAQ:

Q:Do i need to turn the orbiter off? When and how do I do this?
A: Yes, you SHOULD, but if you forgot to, or missed this step you dont have to do another 100 hours. Just proceed nornally. Note, there is no "OFF" setting, just "ON" and "AUTO". AUTO means "OFF" for our purposes.See step 2 to see when and how to turn ORBITER off (ie To the AUTO setting).

Q: Does it matter whether I use a SD card or a USB stick/flash drive for the slides?
A> No. All S60 and S64's have a USB port on the back and an SD card slot located on the (Dont know which side) blank side. Use either one.
note: are there 2 USB ports? Use any one?

Q: Does it matter how I transfer the slides from the file I downloaded? Do I drag the whole folder or the slides one by one in order? Is the order critical?
A: Yes, the order is critical. To insure you have the correct order, drag the whole folder into your SD card or flash drive that shows up under COMPUTER on your PC when you plug it in to your PC. It will be labeled as a Q or F drive or something like that. Just make sure that it is entirely BLANK . If you are using an old card and have problems you may have HIDDEN files on the card. Best to use a brand new card. They are cheap on Amazon.

Q: Can I use my MAC to generate an SD card with Dnice's slide show?
A: NO! Use only a PC with windows. A MAC will generate hidden files and not work properly. Borrow the use of ANY PC. An internet cafe will likely have only a USB port available, so use a flash drive. Yes, MAC fails again.

I think the above is true???

These are just a FEW of the FAQ's. PLEASE VERIFY VERACITY. I am GUESSING at some of the answers. Suggest edits. I NEED YOUR HELP...Every body! Please. its for the good of the forum.
post #1553 of 3453 Old 08-27-2013, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Scratch View Post

Just On and Auto

To get to the PO; Menu > Picture > Screen Settings and scroll down to Pixel orbiter

yes? For a 2013 S60/S64? Then Bonds step #2 is wrong for this thread which is 2013 sets. he has a 2012 and I got the step by step list from him. I need this info confirmed so I can delte step #2 intructiosns and replace which Cat Scratches method.

I have from Bond this:

This is NOT correct for 2013 S60/S64??????

Cat Scratch, can you expand your steps to be PERFECTLY specific?.....like Bond did?
post #1554 of 3453 Old 08-27-2013, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosundave View Post

I dont think so. What set and what year do you have? For 2013 S60 and S64, its this..So I have been told:

I have the 2013 TC-P60ST60 model and my instructions in the post above yours is exactly how one navigates to the Pixel orbiter settings via the N2QAYB remote that comes with the TV.
post #1555 of 3453 Old 08-27-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:

I have the 2013 TC-P60ST60 model and my instructions in the post above yours is exactly how one navigates to the Pixel orbiter settings via the N2QAYB remote that comes with the TV.

Yes, I realized what I had came from Bond who has a 2012. I was editing my post while you were replying. LOL

Can you expand your steps a little right out to changing ON to Auto? I will amend my list and repost it.

Hey CS, PLEASE look over Bonds steps which i recently posted. What OTHER steps are NOT CORRECT for the N2QAYB remote we 2013 owners have???

Still waiting for feedback on my list of FAQ's guys.
post #1556 of 3453 Old 08-27-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:

Yes, I realized what I had came from Bond who has a 2012. I was editing my post while you were replying. LOL

Can you expand your steps a little right out to changing ON to Auto? I will amend my list and repost it.

Hey CS, PLEASE look over Bonds steps which i recently posted. What OTHER steps are NOT CORRECT for the N2QAYB remote we 2013 owners have???

Still waiting for feedback on my list of FAQ's guys.

Okay expanding steps...

Again, this is for the TC-P60ST60 model, I'm assuming this would work for the other 2013 models also;

"Menu" button on remote > highlight "Picture" hit OK or the right arrow button, now you'll probably be looking at page 1 of 2 ( 1/2 ) in upper right hand corner of screen. Scroll up or down to get to page 2 and you'll see "Screen settings" scroll to it and hit OK and another menu pops up, scroll to "Pixel orbiter" and it will show either Auto or On. Press OK to pop to one more menu to choose Auto or On.

As for the other stuff, I'll have to look over it again.
post #1557 of 3453 Old 08-27-2013, 01:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Okay expanding steps...

Again, this is for the TC-P60ST60 model, I'm assuming this would work for the other 2013 models also;

"Menu" button on remote > highlight "Picture" hit OK or the right arrow button, now you'll probably be looking at page 1 of 2 ( 1/2 ) in upper right hand corner of screen. Scroll up or down to get to page 2 and you'll see "Screen settings" scroll to it and hit OK and another menu pops up, scroll to "Pixel orbiter" and it will show either Auto or On. Press OK to pop to one more menu to choose Auto or On.

Your above path holds true for my s64 as well.
post #1558 of 3453 Old 08-27-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:

Okay expanding steps...

awesome. Much appreciated. I will insert that just as you wrote it in step 2 of Bonds 9 step list.
post #1559 of 3453 Old 08-27-2013, 02:21 PM

I received the Panasonic TC-P50ST60 today and am in the process of running the prep slides in slide show mode. Each time a new slide appears on the screen, the screen flickers instead of having a smooth transition between slides. Is this a sign that there may be a problem with the set?
dannov likes this.
post #1560 of 3453 Old 08-27-2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:

Q: Can I use my MAC to generate an SD card with Dnice's slide show?
A: NO! Use only a PC with windows. A MAC will generate hidden files and not work properly. Borrow the use of ANY PC. An internet cafe will likely have only a USB port available, so use a flash drive. Yes, MAC fails again.

Answer to this question is incorrect. You can use a Mac to create the SD card slides. You just need to open a terminal session and go to the directory containing the slides and 'rm' the files that aren't necessary. I issued the following command in my Break-In Images path to delete the extra files: rm ._Slide*
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P55st60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P65st60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P50st60 50 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P60st60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P65s60 65 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic 60 Inch Plasma Hdtv Tc P60s60 , Panasonic Tc P55s60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P50s60 50 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic 42 Inch Plasma Hdtv Tc P42s60
Gear in this thread - P55st60 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page