Custom Calibration settings for TC-PST60-Here you guys go!!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 53 Old 04-04-2013, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Here are custom calibration setting for Panasonic's new ST60 plasma line. I am newly registered(been visiting site for a while) here on avsforum and thought I could provide some useful calibration settings for the newly released ST60. Don't forget to run break in slides if you want to take full advantage of calibration. Or just watch your TV normally for a 100 hours or so before applying.

Here we GO..... 50ST60 calibration
First off: Leave all the color detail adjustment set to zero.

Post Calibration Picture Settings
Picture Mode Custom
Contrast 90
Brightness +1
Color 41
Tint -2
Sharpness 15
Color Temp Warm2
Vivid Color Off
CATS Off
Video NR Off
MPEG NR Off
Motion Smoother Off

Advanced Settings
Panel Brightness Mid
AGC 0
Black Extension 5
Color Gamut Native
Game Mode Off
24p Direct n/a
3:2 Pulldownn/a
1080 Pixel Direct Off
HDMI Content Type Auto
HDMI/DVI RGB Range Standard (16-235)
Black Level Light

Screen Settings
Screen Format Full
Overscan Off
H Size Size 1
HDMI Black Level Low

W/B Adjustment
W/B High Red -4
W/B High Green 0
W/B High Blue 9
W/B Low Red 6
W/B Low Green 0
W/B Low Blue -3

More Detail Adjustment
IRE Red Green Blue
10 -50 0 50
20 -2 0 26
30 0 0 3
40 7 0 -8
50 10 0 -9
60 5 0 -8
70 6 0 -3
80 -3 -2 0
90 5 3 -6
100 20 2 -6

Gamma 2.4 (Target 2.2)

IRE Gain
10 -45
20 -22
30 -7
40 -8
50 -3
60 -4
70 -3
80 1
90 -1

Here are the results of this calibraion:
Measured Contrast (with OTC1000)
100 IRE(Y) 49.359
0 IRE (Y) 0.008
Ratio (x:1) 6169.8750

Pre Calibration Grayscale - Total Gamma = 1.81

Post Calibraion Grayscale - Total Gamma = 2.24

Hope everyone enjoy's these calibration settings. Still looking forward to D-nice' settings.

RGB Balance- all three on line graph sitting at right around 100 (post calibration) Lines look nice and tight. Pre cal lines never even touched on the line graph they were not even close to one another.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 Old 04-04-2013, 09:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 146
What meter did you use? Black level of 0.008 ftL -- an i1 D2? From your terminology, I assume that you used the HCFR software.

In any case, would you attach the calibration report.

Thanks,
Larry
post #3 of 53 Old 04-04-2013, 11:44 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 36
Cool. Should be useful till D-nice drops his settings. Thankyou
post #4 of 53 Old 04-05-2013, 03:17 PM
Advanced Member

I put these settings on the store model. It looks better then the out of box settings. thx again
post #5 of 53 Old 04-05-2013, 05:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Tried the settings and I'm impressed. I didn't use slides and have about 30 hours of usage.
post #6 of 53 Old 04-05-2013, 10:52 PM

Liked: 10
These are great thank you. Helped get rid of the posterization i was getting on custom mode.
post #7 of 53 Old 04-06-2013, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryInRI View Post

What meter did you use? Black level of 0.008 ftL -- an i1 D2? From your terminology, I assume that you used the HCFR software.

In any case, would you attach the calibration report.

Thanks,
Larry

I'm not sure which meter. This is an certifed ISF calibration done by a professional calibrator who has over 10 years experience calibrating TV's. I don't own any calibration equipment. I wish I did though.
I don't have a report to attach. I tried to put in graph images when I did the post but it did not work out.

Is HCFR the best available software for calibrating. Isn't there a calibration disk offered through this website, I think avs709 regarding DIY calibration? I thought I remember seeing it a year ago. Have you tried it out if so?
post #8 of 53 Old 04-06-2013, 12:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Thanks for the settings. Plasma TV Buying Guide has their st60 review up, along with their calibration settings. Comparing your settings with theirs, they are almost identical. It will be interesting to see how the D-Nice settings compare. If 3 independent calibrations yield virtually identical settings then it bodes well or amateurs like myself to be able to plug in these settings and get good results.
post #9 of 53 Old 04-06-2013, 12:26 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by crn3371 View Post

Thanks for the settings. Plasma TV Buying Guide has their st60 review up, along with their calibration settings. Comparing your settings with theirs, they are almost identical. It will be interesting to see how the D-Nice settings compare. If 3 independent calibrations yield virtually identical settings then it bodes well or amateurs like myself to be able to plug in these settings and get good results.

The reason they look identical is because they were done by the same person. Zero chance these were 2 separate calibrations
post #10 of 53 Old 04-06-2013, 01:49 PM

Liked: 10
Was the ire gain 100 setting left blank on purpose?
post #11 of 53 Old 04-06-2013, 02:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperatore View Post

I'm not sure which meter. This is an certifed ISF calibration done by a professional calibrator who has over 10 years experience calibrating TV's. I don't own any calibration equipment. I wish I did though.
I don't have a report to attach. I tried to put in graph images when I did the post but it did not work out.

Is HCFR the best available software for calibrating. Isn't there a calibration disk offered through this website, I think avs709 regarding DIY calibration? I thought I remember seeing it a year ago. Have you tried it out if so?

There are a number of free calibration disks available for download over in the Display Calibration forum:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/948496/avs-hd-709-blu-ray-mp4-calibration
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1406352/gcd-gamut-calibration-disk
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1463980/masciors-calibration-disc
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1445226/chad-bs-custom-test-patterns

HCFR is a free software program. I assumed that your report (charts and graphs) were from that program since it is the only one that still uses the old analog IRE terminology.

The reason that I assumed an i1 D2 meter was used is because the black level of 0.008 ftL seems high even if an ANSI contrast ratio was measured. The i1 D2 has a lower limit capability of about 0.005 ftL which is much higher than the initial measurements of about 0.002 ftL or so taken with newer and much more expensive meters.

What type of problem are you having with attaching the images to your post? Maybe we can help you out.

Never mind. I found the settings at the site that pwiss noted. Forget everything I said about the calibration report. I'll wait until I see some results from the known and trusted calibrators here at AVS.

Larry
sheshechic likes this.
post #12 of 53 Old 04-06-2013, 03:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:

Something is odd about your calibration, no offense. First, as Larry mentioned, since the term "IRE" was used, I'm assuming HCFR was used. It's a free calibration software that ISF/THX certified calibrators don't use. It's not bad by any means, it's just that most ISF/THX certified calibrators use the pay software like CalMAN or Chromapure.

Secondly, the unit measurement wasn't included for the luminance readings. Most people in North America use foot lamberts (or fL / ftL) and people overseas usually use candelas per squared meter (or cd/m2). 1 foot lambert is ~3.426 cd/m2. 49.359 for 100% white would indicate that the units are in foot lamberts because 49cd/m2 would be very dim, but that would mean that your black level measurement seems higher than what an ST60 should measure. 0.008cd/m2 for black is close to what an ST60 should measure, but that would again mean that your white measurement is really low. A possibility could be that the units are in foot lamberts and your 100% white measurement is very low because your calibrator used full-field patterns to calibrate your display, but that's unlikely because any pro calibrator should know not to use full-field patterns on a plasma display.
Quote:

I highly doubt that D-Nice's settings will be even close. That doesn't necessarily mean that the panel variances are high panel to panel, but there are other factors that will cause settings to be different, such as meter accuracy, the patterns used and the quality of the calibration etc.

edit: ditto to Larry's edit above.
post #13 of 53 Old 04-06-2013, 09:36 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwiss View Post

The reason they look identical is because they were done by the same person. Zero chance these were 2 separate calibrations

How is it that the OP's calibrated settings are exactly identical to the calibrated settings on plasma tv buying guide? Every single number matches. So who copied who's settings? Or is the OP affiliated with that advertising site?

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
post #14 of 53 Old 04-06-2013, 10:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

How is it that the OP's calibrated settings are exactly identical to the calibrated settings on plasma tv buying guide? Every single number matches. So who copied who's settings? Or is the OP affiliated with that advertising site?

Must be affiliated. I looked at Plasma TV Buying Guide's settings for the ST50 when they came out and they were laughable. Brightness at 71, Sharpness at 32, Motion Smoother at medium and a post calibration Gamma at 1.82. Needless to say they looked awful.
post #15 of 53 Old 04-06-2013, 10:06 PM
Advanced Member

What do u think about Cnets ST50 settings pwiss?
post #16 of 53 Old 04-06-2013, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

This calibration is what I used on my ST60. This is in fact the same calibration from ******************* guide. All of their calibrations are done by ISF certified calibrators so I do trust them. Just let your eyes be the judge. I think they look great.
I'm not sure what other calibrators here on this site (like d-nice) use for equipment but I wouldn't be surprised if their somewhat similar.
Some may want to keep motion smoother set to weak as opposed to off. If you own this tv just go for it and try this calibration. You don't stand to break anything! There should be no cause for concern! The person who did get this calibration I believe teaches people how to calibrate TV's for a living. He has been doing this for over 10 yrs.
post #17 of 53 Old 04-06-2013, 10:48 PM

Liked: 11
I'm having a bit of trouble getting a solid black level with HCFR and my Spyder4 Pro... most of the time it just reads 0.000 at 0% grayscale. The gamma seems to be very easy to control, and the grayscale is easily adjustable (although some values are a bit inconsistent perhaps due to the low panel hours), but the colors are difficult for an amateur like me to get right without a full RGB adjustment for each primary and secondary.

With brightness +0, contrast 72, panel brightness low, sharpness 0, color temp Warm2, base gamma 2.4, and all the silly black extension and AGC off, I obtained the following by adjusting the gamma and grayscale for each IRE level. No other tweaks were made. Haven't adjusted colors yet.

Average gamma 2.22, contrast ratio unknown (due to inability to read fL for 0% grayscale).

post #18 of 53 Old 04-06-2013, 10:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

I'm not sure who OP is but I own this tv and used their calibrations for my ST60. All I did was copy them and post them here for others who own this tv to use. They helped my set look a lot better.
post #19 of 53 Old 04-06-2013, 10:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayoner View Post

Was the ire gain 100 setting left blank on purpose?
Just leave it at 0.
post #20 of 53 Old 04-06-2013, 10:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwiss View Post

You are right identical probably would not happen with different TV's but they most likely will be very close. Using identical equipment of course.
post #21 of 53 Old 04-06-2013, 11:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotskins View Post

CNETS settings never seem to be as good or in depth as calibrations from Robert Wiley and Jack Burden.
post #22 of 53 Old 04-06-2013, 11:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan349 View Post

I'm having a bit of trouble getting a solid black level with HCFR and my Spyder4 Pro... most of the time it just reads 0.000 at 0% grayscale. The gamma seems to be very easy to control, and the grayscale is easily adjustable (although some values are a bit inconsistent perhaps due to the low panel hours), but the colors are difficult for an amateur like me to get right without a full RGB adjustment for each primary and secondary.

With brightness +0, contrast 72, panel brightness low, sharpness 0, color temp Warm2, base gamma 2.4, and all the silly black extension and AGC off, I obtained the following by adjusting the gamma and grayscale for each IRE level. No other tweaks were made. Haven't adjusted colors yet.

Average gamma 2.22, contrast ratio unknown (due to inability to read fL for 0% grayscale).

These graphs look good to me.....
post #23 of 53 Old 04-06-2013, 11:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotskins View Post

That RGB anamoly at 50 was concerning. Plus the brightness was a couple of clicks high on my set.

The best settings I found for the ST50 were Rahzel's for night viewing and Kevin Miller's day settings that someone posted at HDJ. Nothing beats a professional calibration though and if I get a 60 series with its advanced CMS I plan on getting someone like D-Nice or Jeff Meier to calibrate it. Jeff did a great job on the Sony 60XBR2 that we still have.
post #24 of 53 Old 04-07-2013, 12:03 AM - Thread Starter

Rangel:
Something is odd about your calibration, no offense. First, as Larry mentioned, since the term "IRE" was used, I'm assuming HCFR was used. It's a free calibration software that ISF/THX certified calibrators don't use. It's not bad by any means, it's just that most ISF/THX certified calibrators use the pay software like CalMAN or Chromapure.

Imperatore:
I'm not sure why they have the term IRE. Maybe you can discern why since you are way more versed in calibrating a TV than I Am. I'm more into watching TV wink.gif. I have heard them refer to and talk about CALMAN software in other write ups on their Review site. I almost replied CALMAN software to Larry. I just don't know.

Rahzel:
Secondly, the unit measurement wasn't included for the luminance readings. Most people in North America use foot lamberts (or fL / ftL) and people overseas usually use candelas per squared meter (or cd/m2). 1 foot lambert is ~3.426 cd/m2. 49.359 for 100% white would indicate that the units are in foot lamberts because 49cd/m2 would be very dim, but that would mean that your black level measurement seems higher than what an ST60 should measure. 0.008cd/m2 for black is close to what an ST60 should measure, but that would again mean that your white measurement is really low. A possibility could be that the units are in foot lamberts and your 100% white measurement is very low because your calibrator used full-field patterns to calibrate your display, but that's unlikely because any pro calibrator should know not to use full-field patterns on a plasma display.

Imperatore:
You can go to plasma tv buying guide or LED TV buying or 3d TV buying guide and read other TV's calibration settings and maybe this will provide an answer as to what he used (they use.)There is a forum to post questions for the calibrator on the ST 60 calibration setting page. Maybe you want to ask him these questions. I'm sure he would provide you an answer. I know this calibrator studied at MIT bc his bio says this. It also says he has been doing this for some time.
If he did use full-field patterns what would that mean for outcome?

Rahzel:
I highly doubt that D-Nice's settings will be even close. That doesn't necessarily mean that the panel variances are high panel to panel, but there are other factors that will cause settings to be different, such as meter accuracy, the patterns used and the quality of the calibration etc.

Imperatore:
I have d- nice's settings on my 65 VT30 and am happy with them. I have to say I am just as happy with these settings for my ST 60. I may even go as far as saying a little happier. I watched Prometheus tonight on cable and new total recall on VT30 then I went to bedroom and watched some parts again on the ST60. The ST60 looks just as good if not a little better. These settings look great on the ST60 and I'm very happy with them. This is why I put them on this thread for others to enjoy. Here I thought I was doing a nice thing for everyone who owns this tv. I'm sorry I don't have answers for everyone's technical questions regarding making sense of the results. I don't believe there is a full calibration report on buying guide. There are only a few graphs that are not in my thread. A full report should have a lot more info than that, right? Or no?
I'm married with a full time career and children. Been to college done that, Magna cum laude BS finance and accounting, Betta Gamma Sigma/Business National Honor Society. I live hard and play hard. I don't have the time to learn how to calibrate TV's nor make sense of the reports. There are too many other things I have interests in. That's what people like you are for. You can help us since you are versed in it. All I know is my eyes tell me it looks good! Until a better setting comes out I will stick with these. I don't believe paying a calibrator $4 or $500 will give me that much better of a picture that I can justify the money spent afterwards. I'm just going to spend an extra $500 to upgrade to the 60" ST60 when it comes out on 4/22. This 50" will get returned and some lucky customer will not only get a great TV for $100 off but will get it calibrated too. I'm not sure if you own this TV or not but I am sure getting to love it! I am very happy with these settings. I don't see anyone else providing a calibration for this set. Who knows when d-nice will get around to it. Once he does I will plug his settings into my cinema mode and then compare the two or change back and forth depending on the content. It is nice to have options. Especially for day and night time viewing.
post #25 of 53 Old 04-07-2013, 12:26 AM - Thread Starter

[quote name="LarryInRI"
Forget everything I said about the calibration report. I'll wait until I see some results from the known and trusted calibrators here at AVS.

Imperatore:
That is not the full calibration report, right? Why do you not trust a certified ISF calibrator who studied at MIT? I trust my eyes and his settings look awesome. I'm liking my custom setting on my ST60 better than d-nice's settings that I have on my VT30. It may very well be that I like the ST60 PQ better. I don't know?
I do know I find myself putting game mode on my vt30 when I watch blurays like dark knight rises, underworld or anything with darker scenes. Game mode looks best on my vt30 for movies with darker scenes.
I know Jack Burden and Robert Wiley(guy who did this calibration) are highly respected in this field. They attend, review and take part in the CES every year. Not to mention are the reviewers and editors for the before mentioned websites. I trust what they say. They basically review and calibrate every new model tv manufactured. You can read their reviews for TV's going back 4 or 5 model years. They know what they are looking for.
You sound like an intelligent man Larry. Why would you only trust calibrators here on this forum? If they were above all else they would be well known outside of here as we'll. I'm not sure if they are but I have never heard them referred to with their birth names. Nor do I know of websites that they get paid to review for. I'm not saying they are not great at what they do.

I'm sure if you asked Robert on buying guide what meter he used he would get back to you. If its that important to you.

I appreciate the links and info.

Thx, Louis
post #26 of 53 Old 04-07-2013, 02:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan349 View Post

The ST60's black levels are too low for most meters to measure accurately at 0%... I wouldn't worry too much about it. You should be using the newest HCFR which no longer includes 0% for reporting errors. You can get it here. Discussion can be found here.

@Imperatore,

ISF certification doesn't necessarily mean that the calibration will be a good one. Even BB's geeksquad calibrators are ISF certified AFAIK.

I believe Plasma TV Buying Guide uses a Sencore OTC 1000 which is an older meter and isn't that great by today's standards. The fact that he uses it for his reviews tells me he is not a very good calibrator / reviewer. I've never used their settings as I calibrate my own, but their settings always seem off compared to other settings posted.

To answer your question about full-field patterns, the outcome would've been a poor calibration for a plasma display. Window or APL patterns are generally used for calibrating plasma displays. But I don't think they used full-field patterns now that I've seen their gamma readings.

But hey, if their settings look good to you, then that's all that matters. If you're not getting your set calibrated, I would just use Home Theater or Cinema mode and/or wait for D-Nice's settings.
post #27 of 53 Old 04-07-2013, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahzel View Post

The ST60's black levels are too low for most meters to measure accurately at 0%... I wouldn't worry too much about it. You should be using the newest HCFR which no longer includes 0% for reporting errors. You can get it here. Discussion can be found here.

@Imperatore,

ISF certification doesn't necessarily mean that the calibration will be a good one. Even BB's geeksquad calibrators are ISF certified AFAIK.

I believe Plasma TV Buying Guide uses a Sencore OTC 1000 which is an older meter and isn't that great by today's standards. The fact that he uses it for his reviews tells me he is not a very good calibrator / reviewer. I've never used their settings as I calibrate my own, but their settings always seem off compared to other settings posted.

To answer your question about full-field patterns, the outcome would've been a poor calibration for a plasma display. Window or APL patterns are generally used for calibrating plasma displays. But I don't think they used full-field patterns now that I've seen their gamma readings.

But hey, if their settings look good to you, then that's all that matters. If you're not getting your set calibrated, I would just use Home Theater or Cinema mode and/or wait for D-Nice's settings.

Sounds like you are in the know about what they are most likely using. Surprising that they are using older equipment since they do so much calibration. Robert Wiley' background even states he teaches people to calibrate. I do know that I enjoy their calibrations better than David Katzmayer from CNET.
How expensive is this equipment you speak of? It sounds as if a lot of amateur calibrators here on avs have good equipment? I would think the cost would be somewhat reasonable if these amateurs are doing it for pleasure. I would not think someone would spend thousands on meters and such equipment if they are not getting a return on their investment. Then again I do know of many friends that spend money like this, so maybe I'm wrong on this.

The fact is I don't know everything about these calibrators other than what I read on buying guide website and the web. The main guy Jack Burden seems to be highly respected in his field. If what you say is true than this website is using inferior equipment to calibrate? Surprises me they don't have a better budget to buy better equipment.
Please advise what is the go to equipment (meter,etc.) and software for plasma calibration? I will try and ask Robert Wiley through his posted topic. I will see if I can find out what meter and software they use. There seems to be a lot of interest regarding this as well as black level and measurement notations.

So far it seems the few people who own this model tv and used this calibration are happy with the PQ that these calibrations produce. The fact is one calibration setting will not be perfect for all content. I don't think it is possible to calibrate specifically for cable tv either being that the content and quality changes from channel to channel. For most channels it looks great though. It is good enough for now. If a better one comes along than great if not I am happier with this calibration than home theater setting. It is nice to be able to switch back and forth depending on what the content is. I have THX settings on my VT30 that I never use. Sometimes I switch it on with a bluray but shortly after I find myself changing it back.
I was only providing a setting for everyone who owns this tv as an option to try.
This tv is new to the market and there were no calibration settings available yet. So when I found these I put them here for others to enjoy. I did this bc a lot of ST60 owners were asking for calibration settings or this tv. Anywhere I read about this tv owners were seeking calibration settings to try. I'm not so sure everyone is happy to have this option? Instead some seem to be attacking the authenticity of this calibration and calibrator.
If someone doesn't like the settings simply don't use them. I tend to believe the people questioning the calibration results don't even own this TV. They just can't make sense of the results or the info seems wrong.

Here is a link for calibration. I do not think this is the report but there is a couple graphs:
http://reviews.*******************.com/panasonic-plasma-tv/panasonic-st60-picture-settings.html

Here is a link for ST60 review:
http://reviews.*******************.com/panasonic-plasma-tv/panasonic-tcp50st60.html

Here is the calibrator Robert Wiley bio: MIT University
http://lcdtvbuyingguide.com/robert_wiley.shtml

Here is bio of other calibrator Jack Burden: Harvard University
http://*******************.com/jack_burden.shtml

Do you own the ST 60? If so do you like these settings? If not, please specify the shortcomings of the PQ you see?
post #28 of 53 Old 04-07-2013, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

If you're not getting your set calibrated, I would just use Home Theater or Cinema mode and/or wait for D-Nice's settings.[/quote]

I'm not really like the cinema mode. Skin tones are way off. It just doesn't look right on the ST 60.
I have noticed that plasma buying guides calibration settings have gotten better and more in depth than years prior.
Have you looked at these settings on the st60? They are the best (IMO) that is available right now. Or is it that the ST60 is that great that it looks great even with a bad calibration! biggrin.gif
post #29 of 53 Old 04-09-2013, 06:18 AM

I unboxed my P50ST60 last night and threw on the settings posted here just to see how it looked. I'm no professional, but throwing in the Avengers Blu-Ray, I was very WOWed by the image quality and this was without break-in. I was so spoiled with the image quality, that it made my DISH broadcast of the NCAA game look like crap :-D. I'm curious how D-nice's settings will look as well, I'm running break in slides on the TV now.

Imperatore, I did notice that some of the settings your have, were either greyed out on my TV or some you marked N/A were selectable and changeable so I wasn't sure what to do about that. For example, you have, 3:2 Pulldown n/a, but I had the choice of Auto, Off, On. Wasn't sure what to choose.
post #30 of 53 Old 04-09-2013, 06:58 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 465
Quote:

I'm not sure who OP is but I own this tv and used their calibrations for my ST60. All I did was copy them and post them here for others who own this tv to use. They helped my set look a lot better.

OP means "Original Poster" so OP is you.

Your first post leads us to believe you had your ST60 Professionally ISF Calibrated and were posting the results - nowhere did you state that you simply copied and pasted those settings from the Plasma TV Buying Guide site, which by the way is an advertising site masquerading as a review site to draw traffic and get lots of clicks. Not sure why you'd create a new thread about these settings, especially without telling us how you arrived at these settings or that you copied them from that website.

Typically, the settings they post don't look good compared to settings provided by D-Nice or actual owners.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P50st60 50 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page