My Samsung Plasma has light along the right edge, with black splotches. - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-05-2013, 12:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Don't know how else to describe it. Really don't know much about Plasmas. It's a Samsung PN51E530

It is only noticeable when the screen is black, and even then you have to really look. It's almost like there is a very light dark tint over the pixels in that spot, but they all work. I have no idea what it is though, if it is something that will stay exactly like it is, I can easily look past it. I'm not sure if it an issue that will get worse over time though.

Any ideas on what this could be?

The picture makes it look worse than it does to the human eye.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-05-2013, 01:42 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Looks like panel gas leakage to me, very rare but can happen. If not, it could be a Ve/Vsc/Vset voltage problem but it was my understanding that this is rare on these panels as they are less dependent on such voltages being within close tolerances, unlike older PDPs. Get it fixed under warranty before it gets worse IMO.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-05-2013, 02:07 AM - Thread Starter

Is that a serious issue? Is it something that can be easily repaired.
post #4 of 5 Old 04-05-2013, 03:49 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 131
If it is what I think it is (gas leakage) then no, you cannot fix it on your own. Does it affect white or bright images too? If it's only dark images it might be something you could fix if you took the back cover off -- but only if your warranty was up, as it should be fixed by Samsung otherwise.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-05-2013, 04:07 AM - Thread Starter

It's really only noticeable on solid black images. Color and white images it can be seen if you are extremely close and know exactly where to look. The splotches you see in the picture I posted seem to be a very VERY slight shade darker than the rest of the picture.

I bought it from Blinq.com. It was an open box item with a 90 day warranty. I have never had to use a warranty for an online purchase before, do you know if most places have you ship the item back, or do they use a local authorized repair service?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page