Panasonic UT50 3D bad? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-06-2013, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Just trying to verify if this is my set specifically, but the 3D on this thing is just bad. There's hardly a difference between 2D to 3D conversion and a true 3D signal/movie. Bought Avatar to go with the set, and there's so many parts that you can tell are intended to jump out of the screen at you. How I would have to describe the 3D on this thing is just simply added depth, that's all really - nothing pops out an inch out of the screen, just depth in the picture. Is this normal for this set, or no?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-06-2013, 10:35 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I don't have the same tv as you, but most of the 3d movies I have seen are like that "added depth". The guardians and Madagascar 3 have a really good 3d effect maybe try renting those and see if it performs more to your liking.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-06-2013, 10:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabsac View Post

I don't have the same tv as you, but most of the 3d movies I have seen are like that "added depth". The guardians and Madagascar 3 have a really good 3d effect maybe try renting those and see if it performs more to your liking.

Thanks for the reply, I'll try this as soon as possible. It's just some movies I have watched you can just tell in certain scenes you're supposed to be seeing out of screen-like 3D, but it just doesn't deliver like that.
post #4 of 5 Old 04-07-2013, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

Bump on this thread, for second opinions.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-07-2013, 10:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Avatar is a great example of 3D depth, but not very intense pop out. With that said, there's a lot of instances where Avatar extends beyond the screen, but only a few inches, six inches to a foot at the very most. Maybe you were just expecting it to come right out of the screen toward you? There's maybe one or two exciting moments, but for the most part, that's not Avatar. Even when it's just subtle though, I can distinguish what's actually popping out of the screen from the depth inside the screen very easily.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Madagascar 3 Europes Most Wanted Blu Ray
Gear in this thread - Madagascar by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page