Official ST60 input lag thread - Page 40 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1171 of 1315 Old 11-13-2013, 11:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7-57589240-221/best-low-lag-hdtvs-for-serious-gamers/?hubRefSrc=email#lf_comment=115334171
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 1315 Old 11-13-2013, 05:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I just played an plus of B4 on the PS3 - ZERO lag ...ZERO aim lag nothing ....awesome gaming time....now ...I DID experience aiming lag playing Ghosts on the XBOX 360 ..... weird ...

Panny 55St60
Panny 55St50(gaming)
Sony 55 NX720
Samsung 42 Hpt(Plasma)
Panny 32Viera LCD (TX)
Klipsch surround
Denon HDMI Receiver
Bose Solo
Playstation4(BF4,Madden,Ghosts,NFS,KZ,FIFA)
XBox360
Ipad 1 & 2
Iphone 5S
post #1173 of 1315 Old 11-13-2013, 05:50 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicFlair View Post

I just played an plus of B4 on the PS3 - ZERO lag ...ZERO aim lag nothing ....awesome gaming time....now ...I DID experience aiming lag playing Ghosts on the XBOX 360 ..... weird ...

Try more games? I did read some people don't feel the lag in some games.

Anyway, I just pulled the trigger on a S60. It will be $560 after cashback from my credit card. If I can deal with the reflection when I get it, it will be a great deal for me.

post #1174 of 1315 Old 11-13-2013, 05:55 PM
Advanced Member

Congrats - I'd still have the S60 if not for burn in from being wall display .....I can tell you it is a MIRROR - so If you have a way control glare - you got yourself the best gaming TV you get IMO ....

Panny 55St60
Panny 55St50(gaming)
Sony 55 NX720
Samsung 42 Hpt(Plasma)
Panny 32Viera LCD (TX)
Klipsch surround
Denon HDMI Receiver
Bose Solo
XBox360
Ipad 1 & 2
Iphone 5S
post #1175 of 1315 Old 11-13-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicFlair View Post

Congrats - I'd still have the S60 if not for burn in from being wall display .....I can tell you it is a MIRROR - so If you have a way control glare - you got yourself the best gaming TV you get IMO ....

Yep, when it comes to the worst, I'd just go vampire in my room...

post #1176 of 1315 Old 11-13-2013, 10:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 52
Quote:
FIFA was fine on the ST ....it's the aiming ....sucks....and I'm aggravated now ....because at 1st it was fine?? now all of a sudden , I'm getting quickdrawed everywhere ....

How do you know it's not internet lag?
What's your nat type? Did you set a static IP and forward the relevant ports? Are you running a wire on your controller?
post #1177 of 1315 Old 11-16-2013, 01:48 PM

Hey guys I have this 50" model arriving on Monday: TH-P50ST60  Is this the same "ST60" being discussed in this thread?

Since I am in New Zealand the model numbers may be different here.  I did not find out about the lag issues until today so am slightly nervous.  However I do not game online or play 1st person shooters and am a very casual gamer with PS3 and WiiU (maybe 3hrs a week or so).  I am upgrading from a 42" Viera TH-P42U20 however I can find no reference to what input lag is on my old set.

It sounds like I will be fine with the ST60 and the PQ will be great.  I am encouraged by some reports of other owners that claim they just don't feel any lag.  I doubt I will notice much being a casual gamer..

Also, it sounds like I should run D-NICE's slides for 100hrs before doing anything with my set?  The ones here are ok for my NZ model?  http://www.avsforum.com/t/1466472/2013-panasonic-settings-issues-thread

Thanks!

P.S.  I was hoping by now (Nov. 2013) a firmware update would help with the lag issues but I see no mention of it.  Oh well.

post #1178 of 1315 Old 11-16-2013, 07:12 PM

Liked: 11

Hey Guys... I read this entire thread while I was breaking the TV in with the slides. I bought the 60' ST60 to put in my bedroom so I could use it to watch movies and play Battlefield 4 on PS4.

As I was reading the thread I was becoming nervous with the input lag talk. While I was waiting to get setup on BF4 I watched Pacific Rim and I was absolutely amazed by the picture quality on this TV. The movie really was beautiful. It was gorgeous!!

This morning was the first time I really got to try the TV out with BF4 multiplayer. I've been playing with game mode on and I'm very happy to say that any of the so called lag people are complaining about really is a non-issue. I consider myself a pretty big gamer. I've put in 300+ hours into both BFBC2 and BF3. Even with game mode off I could adjust in a couple mins and continue putting up a 1.5-2 KD ratio.

Do not let this thread turn you away from this TV if you're planing to use it with PS4 and BF4 it has an amazing picture and you wont notice any lag at all with game mode on.

Cheers!

SDPadre7 likes this.
post #1179 of 1315 Old 11-17-2013, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 52
post #1180 of 1315 Old 11-17-2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbri View Post

If it's in the bedroom, are you playing over wifi?

Yep, playing over wifi with a mediocre internet connection. I've noticed internet lag far more than any input lag. I really don't notice the input lag at all on game mode. I can't tell a difference in picture quality between game mode on or off too which is F'in awesome.

This TV is amazing and the picture quality really is breathtaking at times. I couldn't believe what I was seeing with Pacific Rim. BF4 looks amazing as well. I have no regrets with this purchase at all. I look forward to having this TV for the next 10 years.

post #1181 of 1315 Old 11-17-2013, 11:41 AM
Advanced Member

LOL RenMasters

Panny 55St60
Panny 55St50(gaming)
Sony 55 NX720
Samsung 42 Hpt(Plasma)
Panny 32Viera LCD (TX)
Klipsch surround
Denon HDMI Receiver
Bose Solo
XBox360
Ipad 1 & 2
Iphone 5S
post #1182 of 1315 Old 11-17-2013, 11:52 AM

What's funny???  What did I do???

post #1183 of 1315 Old 11-17-2013, 11:54 AM
Advanced Member

Nothing I misinterpreted

Panny 55St60
Panny 55St50(gaming)
Sony 55 NX720
Samsung 42 Hpt(Plasma)
Panny 32Viera LCD (TX)
Klipsch surround
Denon HDMI Receiver
Bose Solo
XBox360
Ipad 1 & 2
Iphone 5S
post #1184 of 1315 Old 11-18-2013, 12:15 PM

I thought I would chime in as a new 50st60 owner and casual gamer.  My TV is still running slides but I did enough settings to get close and test some PS3 gaming.  All I can say is this panel is incredible, I am in awe of the image.  I mainly tested Rayman Legends and the IQ was astonishing!  I could sense no input lag whatsoever and I've always been sensitive to such things.  I tried pretty hard to notice any lag (pressing jump button, movement etc and to my eyes it was all instantaneous).  That being said I do not play online gaming or 1st person shooters (I save that for my gaming PC).  I did notice quite a big firmware update came down for the TV so I wonder if it enhanced input lag or not.  As for someone who games 3-5hrs a week on PS3 and WiiU I can't see this panel being an issue whatsoever, man the IQ is simply glorious :)

post #1185 of 1315 Old 11-24-2013, 10:56 AM

I am about to purchase this TV and really need to know the state of audio sync (lipsync) for TV watching though hdmi from a cable box, netflix from a roku, wdtv live usage, etc. 

I will not accept voices that are out of sync from the video feed and it really is annoying to see people talking about such a thing happening on a modern tv.

Has this issue been fixed or not?

This would be usage WITHOUT an external audio system like a stereo receiver. 

post #1186 of 1315 Old 11-24-2013, 05:48 PM

Liked: 18
I was listening to the latest Giant Bomb podcast the other day and was surprised to hear that Jeff Gerstmann has a ST60. Here's a guy who's as serious a gamer as it gets and he has a TV with such "input lag issues". Not saying the lag is not an issue, but heck, I think most of the people who turned the set down did it just because they were spooked off by threads like this one.
TJames03 likes this.

!
post #1187 of 1315 Old 11-26-2013, 07:33 AM

Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris NYC View Post

I was listening to the latest Giant Bomb podcast the other day and was surprised to hear that Jeff Gerstmann has a ST60. Here's a guy who's as serious a gamer as it gets and he has a TV with such "input lag issues". Not saying the lag is not an issue, but heck, I think most of the people who turned the set down did it just because they were spooked off by threads like this one.

Hahaha. I've been listening to the Bombcast for several years now (RIP Ryan Davis). I remember Jeff mentioning the TV he has (60" ST60) on a few podcasts, and thinking the same thing.
Gerstmann plays video games for a living (and for his own enjoyment), so I'm sure he uses the TV (for gaming) WAY more than most of us.... I've never heard him mention input lag, I've also never heard him mention IR/burn-in.
post #1188 of 1315 Old 11-26-2013, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterQuill View Post

I am about to purchase this TV and really need to know the state of audio sync (lipsync) for TV watching though hdmi from a cable box, netflix from a roku, wdtv live usage, etc. 

I will not accept voices that are out of sync from the video feed and it really is annoying to see people talking about such a thing happening on a modern tv.

Has this issue been fixed or not?

This would be usage WITHOUT an external audio system like a stereo receiver. 

I use a satellite receiver for tv and haven't seen any lip sync issues, everything is fine.
post #1189 of 1315 Old 11-26-2013, 08:36 PM

These last few posts have certainly help to alleviate my concerns on the "lag issue". I will be purchasing a 65" st60 to game and watch blu rays. However the 65" vt is only $200 more, think its worth it?

Also I currently game on pn50c7000, anyone happen to know the input lag on that set so I can have a reference point?
post #1190 of 1315 Old 11-27-2013, 03:35 AM

Hi,

I'm from Poland so please forgive me my english skills.

I want to buy this TV but whole thing about this input lag scares me a lot.
I have PS3 and I'm planning to buy PS4. TV mostly will be used to watch movies, connect devices like laptop or Raspberry Pi (to watch movies, browse web) and of course play games on my PS (offline games of any type - FPS like Call of Duty or BF, TPP like GTA, Assassin's Creed).
Online FPS games (like CS:S and other shooters) are played on my laptop.

It's hard for me to read and understand every of 40 pages in this topic, so please help me and answer me now :)
Is this input lag so big to unable playing games on my console?

Somebody had written that there is firmware update and input lag is smaller.

Thanks for any help! I will be grateful!

post #1191 of 1315 Old 11-30-2013, 05:02 PM

Liked: 20
I picked up the 60ST60 on Thursday and got it hooked up and setup friday (yesterday) and have been playing with it some today. The PQ is amazing without even having dialed settings and whatnot in yet.

I used my PS3 to play a bit of the last of us, tried the goldeneye demo (cause its an FPS) and played the Ridge Racer demo. I did not notice input lag on either of the three games. with or without game mode on...maybe it was in my head but game mode may have sped things up a tad.

My main concern in input lag buying this TV was that I am a PC gamer and love having my pc hooked up to my tv and playing steam games on it with big picture mode. Depending on the game I use the controller or the mouse and keyboard setup on a table with a USB extender for the mouse. I tried Borderlands 2 today and noticed no lag with game mode off. I did not try it with game mode on. Something I should probably do. This was a huge relief for me seeing as it was the area I was most concerned about.

I will continue to do more testing over the days with an xbox 360 (probably try halo games), and xbox one (COD ghosts and BF4 most likely) and other PC games (mainly FPS) to see if anything else has Input lag issues.

NOTE: This is an account of my own experiences with the ST60 and are not meant to discredit or devalue those who have reported input lag problems.

P.S. I updated to the latest firmware before doing anything else on the TV so I can not give any reports as to how it was before and after the firmware update but to my knowledge based on other posters comments the firmware updates mainly addressed issues with the 3D
post #1192 of 1315 Old 11-30-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzle View Post

These last few posts have certainly help to alleviate my concerns on the "lag issue". I will be purchasing a 65" st60 to game and watch blu rays. However the 65" vt is only $200 more, think its worth it?

Also I currently game on pn50c7000, anyone happen to know the input lag on that set so I can have a reference point?

I used to have a pn50c8000 (one step up from the C7000), and switched to a TC-P60ST60 right when the ST60 was released. The Samsung sets that year had pretty good input lag (around 20ms), so you MAY notice a bit of difference between the C7000 and the ST60, in that regard (ST60 has around 70ms). I still game on my ST60, and really think the lag is undetectable to most people. Only the hardest of hardcore "twitch" (I hate that term lol) gamer is going to complain about the lag.

Now, as far at stepping up to the VT60 for $200 more.... I'd totally go for it.
Reason being- If you are going for the largest sized plasma Panasonic makes, paying 10% more (extra $200 estimate) to get a TV with better PQ, more attractive design, better input lag, dual core processor, better sound, stand, etc, is a no-brainer, IMO. Also, given the fact that this is the end of an era with Panasonic pulling the plug on their plasma devision, this is the best time to buy a VT or ZT. I would have, if I was able to step up to the 65" size (60" was the absolute biggest I could fit). The 65" ST and VT are SO close in price (10-15% difference). The 60" ST and VT are pretty far off, though (around a $600 gap, 40%!!). Hence my decision to go with the ST60.

This is all just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt. Good luck to you. You really can't go wrong with either set!
post #1193 of 1315 Old 11-30-2013, 11:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzle View Post

I would definitely pay $200 more for the VT60. For me, it would have been $750 more to get a P60VT60 over my P60ST60. $200 is more in line with the actual benefits.
post #1194 of 1315 Old 12-01-2013, 12:25 PM

OK, things just got really interesting. BB and Amazon have the VT 60" and 65" for 1749, and 2149 respectively! These TV's prices keep dropping. Now my wife is giving me hell as to why I would put the "new" TV in the bonus room, she wants it down here in the living room!!! What to do! I kind of see her point, since the one downstairs gets more use... BUT I want a great TV for the bonus room where all my games will be ( and I will really notice the difference in quality anyway)... I really really want the vt 65 in the bonus room, I wish I could get a 60 for down stairs and a 65 for up.

Right now we have the 50" samsung down stairs....oh what predicament. Has anyone noticed the the prices keep falling on these sets. Do you think they will more, or just a sale? the 65" vt60 is currently cheaper than the 65" st60!
post #1195 of 1315 Old 12-01-2013, 12:51 PM

Hey people,

I bought my ST60 under the premise that I would use it as a non-multiplayer gaming TV only. The input lag was to high for me as a former competitive halo player. I have tried out the TV at a LAN with some friends but the input lag of the ST60 made it impossible to use. However, last night we used the TV again for some halo games, and the TV felt much better input lag wise. I extended my PC display on the ST60 to feel my mousecursor on the screen, and to my surprise it felt way more responsive than before.

My question for you guys: did an update improve the input lag issues on this screen? And do you feel any changes?
post #1196 of 1315 Old 12-01-2013, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MopperSmurf View Post

Hey people,

I bought my ST60 under the premise that I would use it as a non-multiplayer gaming TV only. The input lag was to high for me as a former competitive halo player. I have tried out the TV at a LAN with some friends but the input lag of the ST60 made it impossible to use. However, last night we used the TV again for some halo games, and the TV felt much better input lag wise. I extended my PC display on the ST60 to feel my mousecursor on the screen, and to my surprise it felt way more responsive than before.

My question for you guys: did an update improve the input lag issues on this screen? And do you feel any changes?
I don't believe any of the firmware updates have done anything to improve the input lag. I could be wrong, but Panasonic has not addressed anything to do with the ST60 high input lag ( If you feel it has changed for the better though, that's awesome! It really is a great TV. I have my PC hooked up to my ST60, and have tried to play some mouse and keyboard based games... But the lag is/was a bit too much for me. Controller based games work great though. Lag is barely noticeable. I find M & KB games a bit awkward to play on the couch on a huge TV awkward anyway.
post #1197 of 1315 Old 12-02-2013, 07:07 AM

FWIW, I went with a VT60 instead of the ST. Amazon and BB have the 60" VT for 1749 and the 60" ST for 1499. Now I just to explain to my wife why the "new big" tv needs to go in the bonus room and not the living room!
Christopher_H likes this.
post #1198 of 1315 Old 12-02-2013, 02:20 PM

Liked: 13
wow, I'm now looking at the VT60 as well. Why would CNET give the ST60 5 stars, but the VT60 only 4 stars if it's essentially a better version?

Xbox Live Gamertag: TurdFerguson64
PSN Gamertag: TurdFerguson_64
post #1199 of 1315 Old 12-02-2013, 02:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher_H View Post

wow, I'm now looking at the VT60 as well. Why would CNET give the ST60 5 stars, but the VT60 only 4 stars if it's essentially a better version?

Value. ST60 is a better value
Christopher_H likes this.
post #1200 of 1315 Old 12-02-2013, 02:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Anybody know how the ST60 compares to the ST50?

The ST50 black levels drop after 250 hours. Would they be the same then? Would it be a better choice to pick up a st50 if possible
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P60st60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P50st60 50 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55st60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P65st60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P42st30 42 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60ut50 Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread - P55st60 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page