Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 121 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3601 of 14883 Old 07-19-2013, 04:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIKEAUDIO View Post

VT60 PQ is outstanding. The only problem I am having with my TV is the fan noise, I don't know how many people are having this problem/issue but the noise emitting from these fans are pretty high audible past 10' any volume not using my HT system just the TV speakers. My only disappointment is the fans my unit is not mounted on the wall and really thinking about returning it. Any suggestions or anyone had the same problem with a solution?

The F8500 is silent .. Compared to the VT60 i owned for almost 60 days

Dont miss the VT at all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3602 of 14883 Old 07-19-2013, 04:28 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIG1001 View Post

Dont miss the VT at all

Yea you do you miss the VT if you didn't you Wouldn't be posting on this forum lol.
post #3603 of 14883 Old 07-19-2013, 04:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 484
Troll alert

65VT60
55ST60
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
post #3604 of 14883 Old 07-19-2013, 04:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonThomasDesigns View Post

This is what I am using ... If anyone has other ideas let me know as well : )

They work just fine. I've been using your system for about two weeks now and can't hear the fan pulsation from my viewing chair. It had been a bit annoying before. Thanks for the cost effective solution. And best of all no modification necessary to the TV itself.

Larry
post #3605 of 14883 Old 07-19-2013, 05:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helder Carvalho View Post

The pink tone is slight, only noticeable on skin tones but it's there. the sources are OTA terrestrial TV, a panasonic blu-ray player and a WD TV Live media player, the latter 2 are going throught a Pioneer Receiver, HDMI passthrough. The app that spoke about is the Viera Remote 2 app for iOS and Android. People should build a repository with their settings files from that app.
The curtpalm.com tutorial is a Professional Calibration tutorial using HCFR and i1 or Spyder meters.

Ok now I understand. And I must refer you back to JimP reply, however going to Warm 1 will raise your color temp to about 7K+ and Neutral will raise color temp to about 78K+.

If you are using custom mode or Pro mode then you may want to try and reduce Red by about 4 clicks in the 100 and maybe 90 individual W/B adjustments and also try raising Blue by 2 clicks. Doing this will affect the rest of the settings but may help the slight pink overtone in flesh colors. Or first try and lower W/B Red high by two or three clicks. Also make sure you have set contrast correctly using something like AVSHD free download disc. This doesn't need a meter to set correctly.
What I am trying to say is keep any adjustments as simply as possible (don't over calibrate or make large adjustments ), at your level of knowledge.

There really are no one size fits all settings, and as far as I know there is not a data bank of settings for the VT60. There have been some settings posted here on AVS that you could try and you may want to keep an eye on this thread for when D-Nice's settings are posted.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1466472/2013-panasonic-settings-issues-thread#post_23157975

ss
post #3606 of 14883 Old 07-19-2013, 06:24 PM

Quote:

Dont miss the VT at all

no its a forum its where you share information

The only thing i miss about the VT is the center speaker isnt compromised by the stand and thats about it really.
ROFL
post #3607 of 14883 Old 07-19-2013, 06:32 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

Dont miss the VT at all

Do the Samsungs have fans? Don't think they do. Anyway won't be long before the Sammy gives up the ghost. I have owned their previous top of the range Plasma and vowed never again . also the buzz worse than a hive of bees.
post #3608 of 14883 Old 07-19-2013, 06:34 PM

Can you guys please tell me on the US VT's where they are made? Is it still Japan or has all production gone to Thailand?
post #3609 of 14883 Old 07-19-2013, 06:38 PM
AVS Special Member

The Samsungs do not have fans. They get rid of excess heat by radiating it forward through the screen and, of course, allowing normal convection to move it up through vent holes in the rear cover.

Larry
post #3610 of 14883 Old 07-19-2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryInRI View Post

The Samsungs do not have fans. They get rid of excess heat by radiating it forward through the screen and, of course, allowing normal convection to move it up through vent holes in the rear cover.

Larry

Then you don't have to be a "Rocket Scientist" to realise that there is no Fan Noise with Samsung's because "THEY HAVE GOT NO FANS" and this is why my previous panels failed because when wall mounted you can fry an egg on the back of them.

They buzz like nothing elase I have ever owned.
post #3611 of 14883 Old 07-19-2013, 07:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Con,

Nah, I don't think that you can draw the any conclusion between a bad panel or two and improper heat dissapation. The overall failure rate of the Samsungs is not much higher than that of the Panasonics. The engineers at Samsung took all that into consideration -- just as we hope the Panasonic engineers considered the failure of a fan in the design parameters of the VT60.

Larry
post #3612 of 14883 Old 07-19-2013, 08:39 PM

Made in mexico probaly like panasonics

Also i dont hear anything like fans its worse . Also try browsing any kind of smart hub smar tv etc with the volume off, sounds like a desktop computer on each side of the tv . F8500 has no annoying noise except a very slight buzz which cant be heard unless you stick your ear 2 inches in front of the set. Unlike the fan noise

Good luck with your purchase.. Im about to post some pics i just took tonight of my 64 f8500
On the owners forum, you will see the blacks and whites are awsome
post #3613 of 14883 Old 07-19-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:

Made in mexico probaly like panasonics

Also i dont hear anything like fans its worse . Also try browsing any kind of smart hub smar tv etc with the volume off, sounds like a desktop computer on each side of the tv . F8500 has no annoying noise except a very slight buzz which cant be heard unless you stick your ear 2 inches in front of the set. Unlike the fan noise

Good luck with your purchase.. Im about to post some pics i just took tonight of my 64 f8500
On the owners forum, you will see the blacks and whites are awsome

Sometimes I wonder if you enjoy coming into the VT discussion thread to promote your supposed f8500 (and bash the VT60) more than you actually enjoy your f8500.
post #3614 of 14883 Old 07-19-2013, 09:15 PM

Set up my 60-VT60 last week. Just reached the 100 hour mark and looking to get it professionally calibrated. Anyone have any recommendations in the Los Angeles area besides Geek Squad?

Thanks in advance.
post #3615 of 14883 Old 07-19-2013, 09:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
To any VT60/F8500 owners: If I prefer to watch my GT50 on Thx brightroom mode (in a dark or semi dark room).. Would that mean I'd be better off with the F8500? Or would i be ok,
with basically keeping the VT60 on brightroom mode constantly? Ive done a lot of THX brightroom viewing lately on my GT50, I found it does get pretty bright, but in some
scenes it does wash out a bit. (Maybe after tweaking the brightroom mode i can find a happy medium). I literally find that in most other modes the picture losses most of it's "pop" Would running the VT60 constantly on the thx bright mode, maybe shorten the life of the panel drastically? As opposed to a F8500 which could "I'm assuming" get to that thx brightness level, without evening maxing itself out.

Panasonic GT50 50"
Panasonic GT50 55"
Pansaonic VT50 55" (Sold)
Pansaonic VT60 60" (Sold)
post #3616 of 14883 Old 07-19-2013, 09:36 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by YZach View Post

Set up my 60-VT60 last week. Just reached the 100 hour mark and looking to get it professionally calibrated. Anyone have any recommendations in the Los Angeles area besides Geek Squad?

Thanks in advance.
Wait at least until you have more than 300 hours on your set. David Abrams is outstanding and lives in the LA area. D-Nice and UMR do tours to that area. They are all outstanding. You can read about their work using the link at the bottom of my post.

David Abrams
dave@avical.com

D-Nice
DeWayne Davis
d-nice@audiovideofidelity.com
info@av-fi.com

UMR
Jeff Meier
jeff@accucalhd.com

D-Nice's address corrected by turbe.
YZach likes this.
post #3617 of 14883 Old 07-19-2013, 10:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingolfin269 View Post

Sometimes I wonder if you enjoy coming into the VT discussion thread to promote your supposed f8500 (and bash the VT60) more than you actually enjoy your f8500.

That's exactly what that troll is doing. Ask yourself...why would a non Panasonic owner be participating in the Panasonic owners thread...

I find it funny that the troll keeps bashing the vt speakers, if the troll was as discerning as the troll wants us to believe, the troll would have no use for the TV speakers. The troll would have a decent audio set up.

PANASONIC VT50 FOR SALE!!!!

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #3618 of 14883 Old 07-19-2013, 10:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1 View Post

To any VT60/F8500 owners: If I prefer to watch my GT50 on Thx brightroom mode (in a dark or semi dark room).. Would that mean I'd be better off with the F8500? Or would i be ok,
with basically keeping the VT60 on brightroom mode constantly? Ive done a lot of THX brightroom viewing lately on my GT50, I found it does get pretty bright, but in some
scenes it does wash out a bit. (Maybe after tweaking the brightroom mode i can find a happy medium). I literally find that in most other modes the picture losses most of it's "pop" Would running the VT60 constantly on the thx bright mode, maybe shorten the life of the panel drastically? As opposed to a F8500 which could "I'm assuming" get to that thx brightness level, without evening maxing itself out.

Tony, i think you'd be pleasantly surprised. I had the vt50 and now the vt60... The newer models have a better filter and handle light better, not to mention other things like contrast and blacks. Will the Sammy be brighter, yes, will it offer a better picture quality, no. Just look at what the pros had to say at the shootout. I'm not trying to sell you a Panasonic, but if you want the best picture, that's where you should look. Also, if you can buy local, like at a best buy, you can try it out in home, and if it doesnt handle your ambient light well, then you can return. Good luck!

PANASONIC VT50 FOR SALE!!!!

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #3619 of 14883 Old 07-20-2013, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jconjason View Post

Tony, i think you'd be pleasantly surprised. I had the vt50 and now the vt60... The newer models have a better filter and handle light better, not to mention other things like contrast and blacks. Will the Sammy be brighter, yes, will it offer a better picture quality, no. Just look at what the pros had to say at the shootout. I'm not trying to sell you a Panasonic, but if you want the best picture, that's where you should look. Also, if you can buy local, like at a best buy, you can try it out in home, and if it doesnt handle your ambient light well, then you can return. Good luck!

The room its going in will be the same room in which the VT50 used to be in. Its basically a "man cave" so the room lighting is a non-issue.. I wasn't particulary happy with the VT50, but then again, i always
kept it in the "custom cnet" settings mode. Which as I'm noticing now on my GT50 has yellowish dark tint to it.. How do you find the fan noise from the VT50 compard to the VT60? The fan noise
that my VT50 made was not bad at all.. I would only hear it, when you would turn the tv off and you would hear the fans coming to a hault.. if i purchase it,I most likely won't be returning it, because I know the pq has to be better than my gt50.. To what degree? i don't know yet..

Panasonic GT50 50"
Panasonic GT50 55"
post #3620 of 14883 Old 07-20-2013, 02:22 AM

Quote:

I was able to compare the vt to the 8500 side by side at video only in san carlos ca. The salesman was Fred. We had it on their comcast and the vt didn't look that great, but neither did the 8500. It was split about 25 times to a bunch of sets so the quality was bad. Comcast is not very good to begin with anyways. At first we wanted the vt or the zt. Looked at the 8500 next to the vt and liked the brightness right away. I asked Fred to put in a blue ray, so he popped in a few and the panny did brighten up substantially. But the one thing i did notice as did the sales guy was that on fast action sports, and camera panning shots, the Vt was far far superior to the 8500. You can see the difference. They stuck in a hires video recording of the hockey all star game and in some shots when the black puck disappears completely against the white walls on the boards at high speeds, on the 8500. The ring around the moving players was also noticeable. The vt was much better at keeping the puck viewable and the ring around the players was only noticeable at 1 foot away, and you had to really put your eye to it to see anything. After that i took the vt. The sales guy never noticed those little issues but I was looking for something that would make my decision for me. My wife wanted the 8500, but after those 2 videos she told me to take the vt and get a calibration. I spoke to a high end isf calibrator who has done a tv for me before and also told me the vt was the best deal going, plus it would brighten up after the calibration a bit. Funny enough he said this after i bought it. Anyways food for thought.
post #3621 of 14883 Old 07-20-2013, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazspeed View Post

I was able to compare the vt to the 8500 side by side at video only in san carlos ca. The salesman was Fred. We had it on their comcast and the vt didn't look that great, but neither did the 8500. It was split about 25 times to a bunch of sets so the quality was bad. Comcast is not very good to begin with anyways. At first we wanted the vt or the zt. Looked at the 8500 next to the vt and liked the brightness right away. I asked Fred to put in a blue ray, so he popped in a few and the panny did brighten up substantially. But the one thing i did notice as did the sales guy was that on fast action sports, and camera panning shots, the Vt was far far superior to the 8500. You can see the difference. They stuck in a hires video recording of the hockey all star game and in some shots when the black puck disappears completely against the white walls on the boards at high speeds, on the 8500. The ring around the moving players was also noticeable. The vt was much better at keeping the puck viewable and the ring around the players was only noticeable at 1 foot away, and you had to really put your eye to it to see anything. After that i took the vt. The sales guy never noticed those little issues but I was looking for something that would make my decision for me. My wife wanted the 8500, but after those 2 videos she told me to take the vt and get a calibration. I spoke to a high end isf calibrator who has done a tv for me before and also told me the vt was the best deal going, plus it would brighten up after the calibration a bit. Funny enough he said this after i bought it. Anyways food for thought.

Thats good to know, thanks.. I actually just "PULLED THE TRIGGER" and ordered the VT60 60" I am sorry, I just had to use that phrase, just for the fact that it's made me cringe so many a time on here, so now I figured I'd "pay back the system" biggrin.gif I figured, the lower brightness of the VT60 will only help my eyes in the long run..cool.gif
I was considering maybe getting the ST60, but i figured that i only paid about 450 more for the VT, so i figured, for that amount, its well worth it to just go with the VT, right?

Panasonic GT50 50"
Panasonic GT50 55"
post #3622 of 14883 Old 07-20-2013, 07:53 AM

I finally got the colours to an acceptable setting, bt how do I get rid of the DFC, cheekbones are too bright
post #3623 of 14883 Old 07-20-2013, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

Wait at least until you have more than 300 hours on your set. David Abrams is outstanding and lives in the LA area. D-Nice and UMR do tours to that area. They are all outstanding. You can read about their work using the link at the bottom of my post.

David Abrams
dave@avical.com

D-Nice
DeWayne Davis
d-nice@audiovideofidelity.com

UMR
Jeff Meier
jeff@accucalhd.com

That is an old email for D-Nice

it's actually info AT av-fi.com

Need to find a Professional Calibrator? Click Here to PM me with your Display & City

Calibrator List - Pioneer ISFccc Interface

Calibration Reports - Pioneer

ControlCAL™
Designed by Calibrators for Calibrators™

No need to fumble through the Display's Menu with its Remote Control™

post #3624 of 14883 Old 07-20-2013, 08:40 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinoheat View Post

The stand is what killed it for me, ridiculous. Even though I would never have a tv on the stand , it must be an eye sore for those that do.
Would look good in anodized aluminum.
post #3625 of 14883 Old 07-20-2013, 08:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by con219 View Post

Can you guys please tell me on the US VT's where they are made? Is it still Japan or has all production gone to Thailand?
Mexico, that way the manufacturer gets cheap labor and units can be trucked into the US. Sharp and Samsung also make there units in Mexico.
post #3626 of 14883 Old 07-20-2013, 08:43 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 26
Where is the orbiter setting? Could anyone please point me to it?

PSN: GeminiEffect
post #3627 of 14883 Old 07-20-2013, 09:41 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Hit menu and go into the picture settings menu. Then scroll down to screen settings and it's in that next menu.

Living Room
Panasonic TC-P65ZT60, Sony PS3, Marantz SR5008, Center PC2000, Front & Surround's PM1000, Sub PB-2000, Harmony Smart Remote

Bedroom
Panasonic TC-P46S1, Panasonic HTIB SA-BT200
post #3628 of 14883 Old 07-20-2013, 09:58 AM

Quote:

Thats good to know, thanks.. I actually just "PULLED THE TRIGGER" and ordered the VT60 60" I am sorry, I just had to use that phrase, just for the fact that it's made me cringe so many a time on here, so now I figured I'd "pay back the system" biggrin.gif I figured, the lower brightness of the VT60 will only help my eyes in the long run..cool.gif
I was considering maybe getting the ST60, but i figured that i only paid about 450 more for the VT, so i figured, for that amount, its well worth it to just go with the VT, right?
Yeah i thought the vt was better in everyway other than brightness to the st. I could not tell any difference from the vt to the zt either. Identical pictures. I will say that the samsung 8500 web stuff is far better than the pannys. But picture quality and how fast the vt/zt screens can deal with fast action sports and quick screen movements, i don't see how anyone would take the 8500 over the vt. The vt is flat out better in that department and thats a big deal with me. I have not heard any fan noise on the vt or zt in the stores.
post #3629 of 14883 Old 07-20-2013, 10:03 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by discone View Post

Hit menu and go into the picture settings menu. Then scroll down to screen settings and it's in that next menu.
thanks

PSN: GeminiEffect
post #3630 of 14883 Old 07-20-2013, 10:31 AM

Liked: 42
Watched 'Jack the Giant Slayer' last night on Bluray. Movie itself was ok, but the PQ was amazing. The VT handled it like a champ, especially the challenging scenes containing deep rich colors against soft, muted earth tones in the background. Black levels are perfect (as usual), and the contrast was extremely lifelike.
I have to laugh every time certain trolls try to put down the VT as if it was an inferior display. Its especially funny when they have to resort to using the 'tv speakers' or 'smart apps' as reasons. If they were enjoying their Sammys as much as most of us are enjoying our VT's, they wouldn't be posting on this thread trying to justify their purchase. There is absolutely nothing more that I can ask of the VT in terms of PQ, NOTHING.
Latinoheat likes this.

Room1:Panasonic 65VT60/Yamaha A1010/Denon DBT1713/Definitive BP8, CLR2300, SM350/Martin Logan Dynamo1000
Room2:Samsung 64D8000/Yamaha A730/Definitive BP8040, BP6, Mythos 3/PS3, Xbox 360
Bedroom:Samsung 58B860
Office:Audioengine N22/Fiio D3 DAC/Athena P5/Polk PSW10
Car:Acura ELS DVD-audio/Focal
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Panasonic Tcp65 65 Inch Vt25 3d Plasma Tv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page