Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 142 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #4231 of 14926 Old 08-13-2013, 08:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Jaa-Yoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 293
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryInRI View Post

I don't know it these pics show enough detail but look here: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1467563/official-panasonic-vt60-vt65-series-discussion-thread-no-street-price-talk/2490#post_23416974

Also read the post before the link.

You should have four "ring" clamps for the base and two cable clamps with pegs for the back cover.

Larry
Thanks Larry.
From the pictures, it definitely appears that those clips are inserted into the holes that i marked on my pictures. I am certain though, that my holes will not accept the clips. When i look closely, i can see that the holes are not very deep, the pegs on the clips simply cannot be fully inserted, perhaps its a manufacturing defect.
Ive routed the cables nicely using the clips inserted into the other holes on the back plate so this isnt really an issue, but i'll see if i can take better pics tomorrow when i pull the table away from the wall again.
Jaa-Yoo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4232 of 14926 Old 08-14-2013, 08:37 AM
Senior Member
 
con219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Down Under
Posts: 285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

He can be adamant, though, and egg you on to get the even better model. biggrin.gif

The ZT is not available in Australia. If it was I would have got that one smile.gif . So VT is "premium" here
con219 is offline  
post #4233 of 14926 Old 08-14-2013, 08:47 AM
Senior Member
 
con219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Down Under
Posts: 285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryInRI View Post

The bolded statement is interesting. I hadn't heard about this and a quick search shows nothing. Got a link?

Larry

Hi Larry

My own experience with the Sammy 63 7000 was the Panel failed twice. It was wall mounted and was told by tech that this can be a killer given the unit did not have fans either
The back panel of my Sammy was very hot to touch. Not the case with my fan cooled 65vt20 and 60.

Also a story was run on our nightly current affairs program down here in Australia. It was about failure of plasma panels. The technician had a graveyard of Samsung and LG panels.

He pointed out that wall mounting the larger panels coupled with lack of fans exacerbates panel failure. Stating that "passive cooling" on the larger panels is ineffective especially when wall mounted.
con219 is offline  
post #4234 of 14926 Old 08-14-2013, 10:04 AM
Advanced Member
 
ab2ab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 619
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
For those of you who have 1,000 or more hours on your sets, have you noticed a greater susceptibility to IR? I'm asking because there are reports in the ST60 forum that highlight a developing pattern of the loss of IR resistance somewhere after the 500 hour mark.

Regarding the panel heat related topic (ST v. VT/ZT), I've read accounts where the ZT was noticeably hotter to the the touch than the ZT. Does anybody know the nominal operating temperature of each 60" model? Personally, I prefer passive heat dissipation over fans (moving parts) in electronics, but I may have to reconsider and opt for the VT (supposedly runs cooler than ZT) if I go with the 60" model.

Your thoughts and comments are appreciated. Thanks.
ab2ab is offline  
post #4235 of 14926 Old 08-14-2013, 10:25 AM
Member
 
Cody1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the 60" VT60 and to be honest, you can only hear the fans if the volume is muted or turned down to almost nothing. At normal viewing volume, I can't hear them at all. Just my opinion for those who are worried about buying a VT60. I personally don't mind it, heat is a bad thing with electronics and I feel better knowing it's being cooled properly. Just my .02.
Cody1811 is offline  
post #4236 of 14926 Old 08-14-2013, 10:57 AM
Member
 
cbragwel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Just curious, anyone know what the repair cost would be to replace a bad fan in the VT if not under warranty? If not under warranty (so you're not worried about voiding it), would it be a simple do it yourself fix?
cbragwel is offline  
post #4237 of 14926 Old 08-14-2013, 11:19 AM
Newbie
 
Rick Pott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Carson City, NV
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody1811 View Post

I have the 60" VT60 and to be honest, you can only hear the fans if the volume is muted or turned down to almost nothing. At normal viewing volume, I can't hear them at all. Just my opinion for those who are worried about buying a VT60. I personally don't mind it, heat is a bad thing with electronics and I feel better knowing it's being cooled properly. Just my .02.

Cody1811, I would agree. I've had my 60VT60 for about 3 weeks now and the fan noise has not been an issue for me, nor has IR for that matter.
Rick Pott is offline  
post #4238 of 14926 Old 08-14-2013, 11:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
DavidHir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 10,344
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 415
Does anyone know if the MLL is any different between 60hz and 96hz?

I thought I heard somewhere it was a hair better at 96hz. However, I see flicker on brighter scenes and occasional weird motion artifacts with 96hz and these are not seen at 60hz.

DavidHir is online now  
post #4239 of 14926 Old 08-14-2013, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
smurraybhm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2ab View Post

For those of you who have 1,000 or more hours on your sets, have you noticed a greater susceptibility to IR? I'm asking because there are reports in the ST60 forum that highlight a developing pattern of the loss of IR resistance somewhere after the 500 hour mark.

Regarding the panel heat related topic (ST v. VT/ZT), I've read accounts where the ZT was noticeably hotter to the the touch than the ZT. Does anybody know the nominal operating temperature of each 60" model? Personally, I prefer passive heat dissipation over fans (moving parts) in electronics, but I may have to reconsider and opt for the VT (supposedly runs cooler than ZT) if I go with the 60" model.

Your thoughts and comments are appreciated. Thanks.

As for IR not seeing it as being that widespread on any display from Panasonic or Samsung this year. A few people who experience it will post and post about it here on AVS and make it seem like more of a widespread issue. I could probably find IR on my LED if I looked hard enough for it after a long session of the Discovery Channel and the damn channel logo. Remember we are a small community of AV junkies when compared to the market at large. Heat between the ZT and VT should be similar, same processor and design on the backside with only the front glass being different. The warmest part of the back is right below the top left fan when facing the backside. It is warm to the touch but not hot, etc. I would buy the display that best fits your needs (room environment) and budget (if a factor). Both are good choices. I don't own an ST but based on my visits to BB, I would say since it lacks fans it tends to put out an equal amount of heat front/back. I wouldn't let the lack of fans on the ST keep me from buying it. Some might see no fans as an advantage, no fan noise. My 5020 had fans and any time I checked over the 4 years I used it the fans where never running regardless of how long I had it on. Hope this helps.
smurraybhm is online now  
post #4240 of 14926 Old 08-14-2013, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
LarryInRI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: in RI
Posts: 5,262
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by con219 View Post

Hi Larry

My own experience with the Sammy 63 7000 was the Panel failed twice. It was wall mounted and was told by tech that this can be a killer given the unit did not have fans either
The back panel of my Sammy was very hot to touch. Not the case with my fan cooled 65vt20 and 60.

Also a story was run on our nightly current affairs program down here in Australia. It was about failure of plasma panels. The technician had a graveyard of Samsung and LG panels.

He pointed out that wall mounting the larger panels coupled with lack of fans exacerbates panel failure. Stating that "passive cooling" on the larger panels is ineffective especially when wall mounted.


So it is not as prevalent as you made it out to be. It's anecdotal. My 64D7000 is still going strong with over 6000 hours on it.

The Samsung engineers obviously decided to disperse the heat by radiating it through the panel and using normal convection through holes in the back cover. Panasonic engineers decided to use fans which, by the way, add another potential failure point to be regarded. What will happen if a fan fails?

Thanks for responding.

Larry
LarryInRI is offline  
post #4241 of 14926 Old 08-14-2013, 02:10 PM
Advanced Member
 
jconjason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 971
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post

As for IR not seeing it as being that widespread on any display from Panasonic or Samsung this year. A few people who experience it will post and post about it here on AVS and make it seem like more of a widespread issue. I could probably find IR on my LED if I looked hard enough for it after a long session of the Discovery Channel and the damn channel logo. Remember we are a small community of AV junkies when compared to the market at large.

Ain't that the truth! There should be a pop up warning when you join the forum saying....be careful, problems here are hugely exaggerated!

Same with the fan noise "issue", but that's a whole 'nother story smile.gif

PANASONIC VT50 FOR SALE!!!!

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

jconjason is online now  
post #4242 of 14926 Old 08-14-2013, 02:14 PM
 
vinnie97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nunya
Posts: 11,657
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
Concerning fan/air noise, the ZT60 is the loudest TV I've ever owned, and that's no hyperbole. biggrin.gif
vinnie97 is offline  
post #4243 of 14926 Old 08-14-2013, 02:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Latinoheat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: BC Canada
Posts: 1,686
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by jconjason View Post

Ain't that the truth! There should be a pop up warning when you join the forum saying....be careful, problems here are hugely exaggerated!

Same with the fan noise "issue", but that's a whole 'nother story smile.gif

Totally agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post

As for IR not seeing it as being that widespread on any display from Panasonic or Samsung this year. A few people who experience it will post and post about it here on AVS and make it seem like more of a widespread issue. I could probably find IR on my LED if I looked hard enough for it after a long session of the Discovery Channel and the damn channel logo. Remember we are a small community of AV junkies when compared to the market at large. Heat between the ZT and VT should be similar, same processor and design on the backside with only the front glass being different. The warmest part of the back is right below the top left fan when facing the backside. It is warm to the touch but not hot, etc. I would buy the display that best fits your needs (room environment) and budget (if a factor). Both are good choices. I don't own an ST but based on my visits to BB, I would say since it lacks fans it tends to put out an equal amount of heat front/back. I wouldn't let the lack of fans on the ST keep me from buying it. Some might see no fans as an advantage, no fan noise. My 5020 had fans and any time I checked over the 4 years I used it the fans where never running regardless of how long I had it on. Hope this helps.

Very well put.

TV - Panasonic 55GT50Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28'sCenter Channel- Klipsch RC-52Sub - Klipsch Sub 12Surrounds - Klipsch RS-52 II (new)Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3Receiver - Onkyo RC-360HTPC - Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,3 TB,wireless WMC keyboardVideo processor - Darbee
Latinoheat is offline  
post #4244 of 14926 Old 08-14-2013, 03:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,063
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

Concerning fan/air noise, the ZT60 is the loudest TV I've ever owned, and that's no hyperbole. biggrin.gif
Try to use words we can understand Vinnie. biggrin.gif

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is online now  
post #4245 of 14926 Old 08-14-2013, 04:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sillysally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,714
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHir View Post

Does anyone know if the MLL is any different between 60hz and 96hz?

I thought I heard somewhere it was a hair better at 96hz. However, I see flicker on brighter scenes and occasional weird motion artifacts with 96hz and these are not seen at 60hz.

Should be the same, around 0.0012
I have had profiles showing a MLL of 0.0011 and as high (still very low) 0.0014.
Modes I use are Custom, Pro 1 and 2.

These measurements are using profile's of 4913 points. However that is a full range 0-255. When you do a video scale (legal video 16-235) you are only using a 10% window (like in AVSHD) to take that measurement so of-course your reading is going to be higher. So unless you take a 0% (like in AVSHD 21 point) reading your MLL is going to be higher.

ss

btw, I set my VT60 to native Gamut and 96hz.
sillysally is offline  
post #4246 of 14926 Old 08-14-2013, 05:36 PM
Senior Member
 
javeryh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 211
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Well, the 65" VT is on sale for $2,800 at Amazon so I think I'm pulling the trigger.  I'm a little nervous even though my current TV is a 42" 1080i Panasonic plasma from 2004 which I still have no regrets buying for a crazy amount of money back then.

I'm excited but still a little nervous about daylight viewing and input lag (for Rock Band).  I'm also not sure about active v. passive 3D glasses but I don't really care about 3D (the kids have been asking for it).  Anyway, I buy a TV like once a decade so this is kind of a big deal.  I hope I made the right decision!
javeryh is offline  
post #4247 of 14926 Old 08-14-2013, 06:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Latinoheat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: BC Canada
Posts: 1,686
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by javeryh View Post

Well, the 65" VT is on sale for $2,800 at Amazon so I think I'm pulling the trigger.  I'm a little nervous even though my current TV is a 42" 1080i Panasonic plasma from 2004 which I still have no regrets buying for a crazy amount of money back then.

I'm excited but still a little nervous about daylight viewing and input lag (for Rock Band).  I'm also not sure about active v. passive 3D glasses but I don't really care about 3D (the kids have been asking for it).  Anyway, I buy a TV like once a decade so this is kind of a big deal.  I hope I made the right decision!

People still play rockband? JJ, once a decade would kill most AVS members here, the most we go is 4-5 years.

TV - Panasonic 55GT50Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28'sCenter Channel- Klipsch RC-52Sub - Klipsch Sub 12Surrounds - Klipsch RS-52 II (new)Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3Receiver - Onkyo RC-360HTPC - Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,3 TB,wireless WMC keyboardVideo processor - Darbee
Latinoheat is offline  
post #4248 of 14926 Old 08-14-2013, 08:06 PM
Senior Member
 
con219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Down Under
Posts: 285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryInRI View Post

So it is not as prevalent as you made it out to be. It's anecdotal. My 64D7000 is still going strong with over 6000 hours on it.

Panasonic engineers decided to use fans which, by the way, add another potential failure point to be regarded. What will happen if a fan fails?

Thanks for responding.

Larry


One thing for sure Larry I will notice it smile.gif It's not that the fans are quiet. And I will replace it.

With regard to the Samsung Panel failure. I don't need "other experiences" to confirm what I actually experienced. My personal experience is all I really need.

I guess Samsung improved the ventilation on the 64" model.
con219 is offline  
post #4249 of 14926 Old 08-14-2013, 08:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
LarryInRI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: in RI
Posts: 5,262
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by con219 View Post

One thing for sure Larry I will notice it smile.gif It's not that the fans are quiet. And I will replace it.

With regard to the Samsung Panel failure. I don't need "other experiences" to confirm what I actually experienced. My personal experience is all I really need.

I guess Samsung improved the ventilation on the 64" model.


You have the right to have personal experiences. But you really have no right to edit someone's post and then quote the edited version without indicating that you did, in fact, edit it.

Bye,
Larry
LarryInRI is offline  
post #4250 of 14926 Old 08-14-2013, 10:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,063
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryInRI View Post

You have the right to have personal experiences. But you really have no right to edit someone's post and then quote the edited version without indicating that you did, in fact, edit it.

Bye,
Larry
+10

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is online now  
post #4251 of 14926 Old 08-15-2013, 12:07 AM
Member
 
dingo99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryInRI View Post

Panasonic engineers decided to use fans which, by the way, add another potential failure point to be regarded. What will happen if a fan fails?
Not sure if you were asking that rhetorically, but Panasonic does employ circuitry and logic to detect a fan failure. Unplugged or non-rotating fans should result in the TV powering down after about 10 minutes with an 11 blink code on the power LED.
dingo99 is offline  
post #4252 of 14926 Old 08-15-2013, 07:05 AM
Newbie
 
ajay711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tucker, GA
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello fellow VTers! I am new to Plasma and recently purchased a VT60. I love the TV, but have one issue. Whenever the screen is black, I can see visible "snow" or static in the picture. I know it is not the picture source as it does this on the Viera menus as well. I believe there were some complaints about this earlier in the thread. I have toggled between many different picture settings and the black static is still there. Also, when I pause the screen, I can walk up to the TV and see the visible static in the freeze frame. Can someone give me some more insight into this? Thanks!
ajay711 is offline  
post #4253 of 14926 Old 08-15-2013, 07:11 AM
Member
 
kimolaoha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by javeryh View Post

Well, the 65" VT is on sale for $2,800 at Amazon so I think I'm pulling the trigger.  I'm a little nervous even though my current TV is a 42" 1080i Panasonic plasma from 2004 which I still have no regrets buying for a crazy amount of money back then.

I'm excited but still a little nervous about daylight viewing and input lag (for Rock Band).  I'm also not sure about active v. passive 3D glasses but I don't really care about 3D (the kids have been asking for it).  Anyway, I buy a TV like once a decade so this is kind of a big deal.  I hope I made the right decision!

While I am certainly a fan of Amazon, you may want to check out Best Buy before pulling the trigger. Last I checked, the price for the 65VT60 was 2699 which in itself is not a reason to purchase there over the price you quoted from Amazon -- but the BB purchase amount would make you a Silver Rewards member and you'll get another hundred or so (5%) back in store credit and some other bennies. If you establish a BB account it's another rebate, and you get the calibration (not sure if that's a benefit or not) and free shipping, extended returns period, etc. Might want to check it out.
kimolaoha is offline  
post #4254 of 14926 Old 08-15-2013, 07:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,063
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay711 View Post

Hello fellow VTers! I am new to Plasma and recently purchased a VT60. I love the TV, but have one issue. Whenever the screen is black, I can see visible "snow" or static in the picture. I know it is not the picture source as it does this on the Viera menus as well. I believe there were some complaints about this earlier in the thread. I have toggled between many different picture settings and the black static is still there. Also, when I pause the screen, I can walk up to the TV and see the visible static in the freeze frame. Can someone give me some more insight into this? Thanks!
Try a different HDMI cable.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is online now  
post #4255 of 14926 Old 08-15-2013, 07:53 AM
Newbie
 
ajay711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tucker, GA
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the response. I've ruled out the HDMI cable being an issue as I was seeing this when I was running the break-in slides off of USB and off of the Viera TV home page menus, which are not getting their source from any HDMI cable.
ajay711 is offline  
post #4256 of 14926 Old 08-15-2013, 08:57 AM
Senior Member
 
con219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Down Under
Posts: 285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryInRI View Post

You have the right to have personal experiences. But you really have no right to edit someone's post and then quote the edited version without indicating that you did, in fact, edit it.

Bye,
Larry

No need to get nasty. It was definitely not my intention to embarrass you so please chill.
con219 is offline  
post #4257 of 14926 Old 08-15-2013, 09:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
DavidHir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 10,344
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay711 View Post

Hello fellow VTers! I am new to Plasma and recently purchased a VT60. I love the TV, but have one issue. Whenever the screen is black, I can see visible "snow" or static in the picture. I know it is not the picture source as it does this on the Viera menus as well. I believe there were some complaints about this earlier in the thread. I have toggled between many different picture settings and the black static is still there. Also, when I pause the screen, I can walk up to the TV and see the visible static in the freeze frame. Can someone give me some more insight into this? Thanks!

It's normal on any plasma to see "snow" or noise in the image up close at the screen. This should not be visible from any normal seating distance - at least on the VT60. It's also possible your brightness level is too which can show more noise.

DavidHir is online now  
post #4258 of 14926 Old 08-15-2013, 09:55 AM
Member
 
SamOner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
How would the VT60's brightness hold up in this room? Can anyone post up images of their ZT60 in a bright room? I plan to have people to watch football and don't want the PQ to be to dim with lights on.
Im in the process of moving in.. I need to tidy up.lol

SamOner is offline  
post #4259 of 14926 Old 08-15-2013, 10:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Denniswrly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: N,California
Posts: 464
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamOner View Post

How would the VT60's brightness hold up in this room? Can anyone post up images of their ZT60 in a bright room? I plan to have people to watch football and don't want the PQ to be to dim with lights on.
Im in the process of moving in.. I need to tidy up.lol

My Pro calibrated vt60 does fine vt60 at 36ftl does fine zt would do better as reflections but not as bright as my vt60..i would suggest getting it there see there is limted return policy make sure if not vt60 get there and sure u b fine ..i been watching preseason and looks great...that side window needs dark covering of some sort maybe and for sure go for zt otherwise my vt60 does fine imo:)smile.gifsmile.gif

64f8500
oppo bdp-103
Denon avr 1803
Energy speakers
Energy sub
Dual recliner lazyboy
xbox 360
Denniswrly is online now  
post #4260 of 14926 Old 08-15-2013, 01:20 PM
Senior Member
 
javeryh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 211
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimolaoha View Post

While I am certainly a fan of Amazon, you may want to check out Best Buy before pulling the trigger. Last I checked, the price for the 65VT60 was 2699 which in itself is not a reason to purchase there over the price you quoted from Amazon -- but the BB purchase amount would make you a Silver Rewards member and you'll get another hundred or so (5%) back in store credit and some other bennies. If you establish a BB account it's another rebate, and you get the calibration (not sure if that's a benefit or not) and free shipping, extended returns period, etc. Might want to check it out.

Thank you for the post. I will definitely go to Best Buy and see if they can price match and let me finance it over time (Amazon is doing 24 months no interest financing on that TV right now). I will need to pay someone to hang it on the wall so that 5% back may help with that.
javeryh is offline  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Panasonic Tcp65 65 Inch Vt25 3d Plasma Tv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off