Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 154 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #4591 of 15360 Old 08-28-2013, 06:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbragwel View Post

Anyone having any issues with using the Viera Remote 2 app with the VT60? I have this app installed on my Samsung galaxy tab 2. My tv is wired into my network and my Samsung can see the TV from a network perspective. They are both on the same network. However, the app never discovers the tv and just goes into Test Mode. In the TV Menu, I have the Viera Remote setting to On.

Ok, so 5 minutes after posting this, I find that I have disabled IGMP Proxy in my wireless router. I enabled it and it now works fine.
MegaByte likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4592 of 15360 Old 08-28-2013, 06:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbragwel View Post

Ok, so 5 minutes after posting this, I find that I have disabled IGMP Proxy in my wireless router. I enabled it and it now works fine.
Good deal.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #4593 of 15360 Old 08-28-2013, 07:31 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTR View Post

Ok I finally got some time with my new VT60 and I have some questions.

I definitely have the fan noise but it's more of a pulsing noise (kind of like a refrigerator). It starts out louder when I turn it on but then it gets quieter after the tv has been on for a few seconds. Is that the noise that everyone is talking about? I can definitely hear it from my viewing distance and it is a tad annoying but so far as long as there is any volume on, it is hard to hear. I guess I have to decide if I would want to do the fan fix or not.

I have some buzzing that I can hear when I get behind my tv from the dotted metal vent below the fan (towards the bottom). I assume this is normal as my Kuro buzzed but I wanted to see if anyone else also noticed this. Again it is only audible when I get up and go behind the tv. Is this normal?

I know nothing will be perfect and sets will vary but I also don't want to obsess over a few things that most of the owners have.

Thanks!
I'm experiencing the exact same noises with my VT60. From what I've read, some people experience none of these issues, but the majority have attributed the fan noise to a design flaw. I've also read that all plasmas buzz to a certain degree, especially when the set displays white images.
post #4594 of 15360 Old 08-28-2013, 09:50 PM

Liked: 11
@nygiant75

nice avatar...but...I like mine a little better...ha,ha...just kidding with you...this seasons gonna be awesome, cant wait to watch my boys on my new vt60. bought it april so its already broke in. got about 700 hrs. I don't post much because honestly, all the questions I have, somebody's already posted about them. just gotta search for 'em. so, I read your posts about being paranoid of ir and burn in and honestly, when I first got the vt60 I got ir some but, as time goes on it becomes less and less. I watch nfl network as well and I can see the logo in the bottom right on a all white screen after a couple hrs. like I said though, it's becoming less and less noticeable. try to be patient while the vt60 racks up some time. maybe during half time run the screen wipe, and watch highlights on the bedroom tv. I bet by half way thru this season it'll be a thing of the past...GO PATS...ha..ha..just kidd'n...not really

60VT60 3D
DENON AVR-1611
DEFINITIVE SC 2000
DEFINITIVE PC 2000
KEF HTS2001.3
ASUS G73JH
PS3 SLIM
For Sale: Samasung DLP HLT6176S
post #4595 of 15360 Old 08-29-2013, 07:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRonnie7 View Post

I'm experiencing the exact same noises with my VT60. From what I've read, some people experience none of these issues, but the majority have attributed the fan noise to a design flaw. I've also read that all plasmas buzz to a certain degree, especially when the set displays white images.

I am coming from years of owning various pioneer plasmas so I definitely know about the buzz issue with plasmas. My last kuro buzzed from the screen mainly so it was more obvious than on the panasonic (which is on the back). I can't hear the buzz at all on the panasonic from my viewing distance, even in a completely quiet room. I do hear the pulsing fans though but it isn't overwhelming.

I did test this morning and think the plasma buzz is what I had with my kuro. When the kids were watching a movie this morning, the buzzing would drop dramatically in the back when the screen would go black (during a transition scene or a preview before the movie started). When an image came back on the screen, it would go back to the normal buzzing sound. I tested this mainly on the Incredibles which is pretty bright color wise through most of the movie so I don't know if darker colors would yield a bit less buzz. All I know is I have had quite a few Pioneer Plasmas over the years (4280,5080, 5020, 500m, 600m, 6020) and all of them buzzed to some degree. The best ones were the 500m/600m but both still had front screen buzzing.

I am sure there are sets out there that are completely silent but I would be willing to be that the majority of the sets have some sort of buzz. Also some people hear things differently so what is loud to someone might not be perceptible to another person.

The fan issue is interesting. I think I could live with it so I am not sure if I would do the service fix yet considering people are reporting a marginal difference. I definitely don't think swapping out the set is a good option. Fan issue is to common and buzzing to some degree is going to be in the majority of the sets so I think I would be playing panel lottery.

I did look for banding or dse because my previous lcd (sharp elite) had it pretty badly on both sets (vertical during panning shots). It looks like I have a tad bit of dse or banding but I can't really diagnose it yet. I know plasma do tend to even out over time in my experience so I will see how it does during the first 100 hours. I do remember seeing another VT60 with banding/dse that was worse than mine so I think again that it will be a panel lottery on that if I swapped it. Coming from the Pioneer Kuro line, I got used to DSE because it was very common on their sets. Most of mine had it to some degree. Some worse than others especially my first Pioneer, the 4280.

I am trying not to nitpick or go OCD with this set but those are my observations smile.gif.
post #4596 of 15360 Old 08-29-2013, 07:17 AM

Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

LED, LCD can not burn in, however they can have the same over all problems of a image not going away. There is a master burn in thread somewhere and they talk about this to great lengths.
I understand that...but I'm clearly seeing the google URL bar across the left side of my IPAD 2 it's certainly not image retention that bar is burned in. Idk ive read alot about burn in and image retention differences since being a member from 08'. you obviously know more since your are a professional but its not like it can't happen for any style of technology. The titanic wasn't supposed to sink ever but hey look where it is now so sometimes ish happens. Looks just like the faint burn in of a TV logo like on a plasma.

This is way off topic I will continue this in the correct thread but just thought I'd respond to what we were talking about.
post #4597 of 15360 Old 08-29-2013, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTR View Post

I am coming from years of owning various pioneer plasmas so I definitely know about the buzz issue with plasmas. My last kuro buzzed from the screen mainly so it was more obvious than on the panasonic (which is on the back). I can't hear the buzz at all on the panasonic from my viewing distance, even in a completely quiet room. I do hear the pulsing fans though but it isn't overwhelming.

I did test this morning and think the plasma buzz is what I had with my kuro. When the kids were watching a movie this morning, the buzzing would drop dramatically in the back when the screen would go black (during a transition scene or a preview before the movie started). When an image came back on the screen, it would go back to the normal buzzing sound. I tested this mainly on the Incredibles which is pretty bright color wise through most of the movie so I don't know if darker colors would yield a bit less buzz. All I know is I have had quite a few Pioneer Plasmas over the years (4280,5080, 5020, 500m, 600m, 6020) and all of them buzzed to some degree. The best ones were the 500m/600m but both still had front screen buzzing.

I am sure there are sets out there that are completely silent but I would be willing to be that the majority of the sets have some sort of buzz. Also some people hear things differently so what is loud to someone might not be perceptible to another person.

The fan issue is interesting. I think I could live with it so I am not sure if I would do the service fix yet considering people are reporting a marginal difference. I definitely don't think swapping out the set is a good option. Fan issue is to common and buzzing to some degree is going to be in the majority of the sets so I think I would be playing panel lottery.

I did look for banding or dse because my previous lcd (sharp elite) had it pretty badly on both sets (vertical during panning shots). It looks like I have a tad bit of dse or banding but I can't really diagnose it yet. I know plasma do tend to even out over time in my experience so I will see how it does during the first 100 hours. I do remember seeing another VT60 with banding/dse that was worse than mine so I think again that it will be a panel lottery on that if I swapped it. Coming from the Pioneer Kuro line, I got used to DSE because it was very common on their sets. Most of mine had it to some degree. Some worse than others especially my first Pioneer, the 4280.

I am trying not to nitpick or go OCD with this set but those are my observations smile.gif.
I own a 5020 non elite Kuro from 2008. Still works and looks wonderful as day one. Actually better since plasma age better. Anyway my line the non elite line was plagued with DSE but it never bothered me or was it that noticeable. Definitely not something that would keep me from buying a plasma set. Cause it's way overblown...unless your super picky it won't bother you. I'm super OCD and I don't have an issue with it. The PQ of the panasonics and pioneers are too good to pass up for a minor issue
post #4598 of 15360 Old 08-29-2013, 07:24 AM

And on the elites as well as non elites it was the AR coating that caused the problem not the actual panel or glass but the anti reflective coasting had poor quality control. Which at the time they were just deciding to pull out of the TV biz
post #4599 of 15360 Old 08-29-2013, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeLfMaDe111985 View Post

I own a 5020 non elite Kuro from 2008. Still works and looks wonderful as day one. Actually better since plasma age better. Anyway my line the non elite line was plagued with DSE but it never bothered me or was it that noticeable. Definitely not something that would keep me from buying a plasma set. Cause it's way overblown...unless your super picky it won't bother you. I'm super OCD and I don't have an issue with it. The PQ of the panasonics and pioneers are too good to pass up for a minor issue

I agree totally. It bugged me for a split second last night when we were watching Despicable Me and during a pan I thought I saw a bit of DSE/minor banding. Nothing is going to be perfect though and I dealt with pretty noticeable DSE on the pioneers I had because it was for the most part normal. Yes there were DSE free sets and even ones that didn't buzz but it was definitely rare (and you are playing the buy/return game over and over again hoping to get a perfect one).

The fans do bug me a bit because I honestly thought it wouldn't be as noticeable as people described. I'm going to watch a few movies this weekend and see how noticeable it really is at low volumes. My PS3 is loud and so is my uverse box. If I rarely hear it while watching content, I might not mess with a service call. If the foam fix is just going to reduce the noise a little bit (and not silence it), I might learn to deal with it. I'm waiting to hear more impressions from people that have had it performed but it looks like the majority here (and in the UK) are only noticing a marginal improvement.
post #4600 of 15360 Old 08-29-2013, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

And on the elites as well as non elites it was the AR coating that caused the problem not the actual panel or glass but the anti reflective coasting had poor quality control. Which at the time they were just deciding to pull out of the TV biz

I remember at the end of production, it was really hard to get a perfectly clean Kuro because of the AR coating. It was worth dealing with an occasional dirty paning scene though because of how impressive the set was. Every set has it's issues it seems.
post #4601 of 15360 Old 08-29-2013, 10:00 AM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
Both my previous 5020FDs and 111FD had it, just as my ZT60 has it (DSE, that is).
post #4602 of 15360 Old 08-29-2013, 10:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

Both my previous 5020FDs and 111FD had it, just as my ZT60 has it (DSE, that is).

My 5020 has pretty bad DSE but my 65VT looks pretty clean and haven't noticed any. I just see the occasional plasma dithering.
post #4603 of 15360 Old 08-29-2013, 11:15 AM

Wish I had the doe to get te VT60...it's just too much of a financial clutter to figure it out. Anyways...I'm ready to pull the trigger on the 65s64 at SAMs but the 55"ST50 is on Amazon for a nice price. The 60 inch st50 is 1699$ so a little high and for a older model that doesn't justify. I have the 50"5020 non elite and would like a little bigger so 55 is a great middle point. Just wondering if I should hop in the 55ST50 seat while they are still round or just pull on the S64 since its a newer model and supposedly matches the st50? I feel 65 inches is big though might be to big but from what I gather bigger is better. But with size aside I'm going on pure PQ and the st60 is out do to lag or else I would have been owned that one
post #4604 of 15360 Old 08-29-2013, 11:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Wish I had the doe to get te VT60...it's just too much of a financial clutter to figure it out. Anyways...I'm ready to pull the trigger on the 65s64 at SAMs but the 55"ST50 is on Amazon for a nice price. The 60 inch st50 is 1699$ so a little high and for a older model that doesn't justify. I have the 50"5020 non elite and would like a little bigger so 55 is a great middle point. Just wondering if I should hop in the 55ST50 seat while they are still round or just pull on the S64 since its a newer model and supposedly matches the st50? I feel 65 inches is big though might be to big but from what I gather bigger is better. But with size aside I'm going on pure PQ and the st60 is out do to lag or else I would have been owned that one

I would not get a new TV to replace my 5020 if it was only 5" bigger, Kuro is still pretty much king. I would get at least 60" and based on your pricing concerns I would get the S64. No fan noise noise to worry about too.biggrin.gif
post #4605 of 15360 Old 08-29-2013, 11:30 AM

Liked: 15
If you’d like to see one of the differences between the ZT and VT panels try the following exercise. You will need to be (1) easily amused and (2) have way too much free time on your hands.
Run the screen wipe and then position yourself at the extreme right edge of the screen, up close, so that you can view the scrolling bars from a very small angle. PAY ATTENTION to what you are seeing.
Next trundle off to your favorite retailer that carries the model you don’t own and repeat the above procedure on that model. Compare with observation #1.
If you also are in the position of having more money than you know what to do with and own both models, don’t be afraid to try this at home!biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif
post #4606 of 15360 Old 08-29-2013, 11:42 AM

What is the consensus on contrast levels while running slides. Is it set to custom mode which puts contrast at 100? Will this have any harm to the tv?
post #4607 of 15360 Old 08-29-2013, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_BB6 View Post

What is the consensus on contrast levels while running slides. Is it set to custom mode which puts contrast at 100? Will this have any harm to the tv?
You can set the contrast to whatever you want while running the slides, it will not harm your TV. Just make sure they fill the screen.
If you want to follow D-Nice's prep, keep the contrast at 100 as per his instructions.
post #4608 of 15360 Old 08-29-2013, 03:25 PM

Liked: 14
Is anyone experiencing what appears like "streaky steam on a shower door"? It's like a slight vertical haze mainly apparent when TV displays a white background. From what I've read, it could be the anti-reflective filter or DSE? Picture appears to have no issues other than this and I didn't want to overthink it.
post #4609 of 15360 Old 08-29-2013, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Is anyone experiencing what appears like "streaky steam on a shower door"? It's like a slight vertical haze mainly apparent when TV displays a white background. From what I've read, it could be the anti-reflective filter or DSE? Picture appears to have no issues other than this and I didn't want to overthink it.

Sounds like DSE. I had it on my Kuro and I believe my VT60 has a little bit of it also.
post #4610 of 15360 Old 08-29-2013, 06:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Liked: 638
Quote:

You mean SSOASD ? LOL, the way to describe an issue never ends smile.gif
post #4611 of 15360 Old 08-29-2013, 07:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Is anyone's set really hot on the back? I noticed it is hot to the touch on the right side (if you are facing the back) below the fan and the left side below the other fan. The left side ( again if you are facing the back of the screen) is actually really hot to the touch and almost feels like you could burn your hand if you left it on there.. I read a few posts earlier in this thread and it seems like this is normal but I was curious. The screen itself is just warm. My Kuro was really hot on the top vents also (and the screen was really hot) but I wasn't expecting a 2013 plasma to be this hot. The fans are pushing out warm air so they are working but I was pretty shocked how hot it is. It has been on for a couple of hours.
post #4612 of 15360 Old 08-29-2013, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahzel View Post

You can set the contrast to whatever you want while running the slides, it will not harm your TV. Just make sure they fill the screen.
If you want to follow D-Nice's prep, keep the contrast at 100 as per his instructions.

Thank you kind sir.
post #4613 of 15360 Old 08-30-2013, 11:46 AM

Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahzel View Post

+1

64f8500
oppo bdp-103
Denon avr 1803
Energy speakers
Energy sub
Dual recliner lazyboy
xbox 360
post #4614 of 15360 Old 08-31-2013, 12:01 AM

Liked: 10
Hey guys first time posting to this forum after viewing the detailed discussions that have been going on about the great Panasonic VT60. I have had mine for about a month now and just love it smile.gif. My question is about professional calibration. I live in the state of Virginia and don't know where to begin looking for a professional to come and calibrate my tv. I was thinking about getting Best Buy to perform the calibration but have come across some not so good feedback on the internet from people who have had their tv calibrated by Best Buy. Can anybody point me to a web site or anything that has some ISF certified calibrators in Virginia? Thanks
post #4615 of 15360 Old 08-31-2013, 12:40 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodLife View Post

Hey guys first time posting to this forum after viewing the detailed discussions that have been going on about the great Panasonic VT60. I have had mine for about a month now and just love it smile.gif. My question is about professional calibration. I live in the state of Virginia and don't know where to begin looking for a professional to come and calibrate my tv.
The best ones do calibration tours. Here are two outstanding calibrators that probably do tours in your area. You can email them.

D-Nice
DeWayne Davis
info@av-fi.com

UMR
Jeff Meier
jeff@accucalhd.com

There are two links in the signature area at the bottom of my post that can help with AVS member references in one and tour areas for calibrators in the other. You can also find a post from turbe, and check his signature area or PM him.
post #4616 of 15360 Old 08-31-2013, 07:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Here are my observations after owning my VT60 for the last couple of days. I am a former Kuro owner and recently decided to sell it mainly because of the red tint issue. I tried a couple of Sharp Elite tv's but I had to many issues (really noticeable banding issues). I decided I didn't have much choice and decided to go back to plasma.

I will get this out of the way first. This is the best image I have ever seen on a tv. Yes it is better than the Sharp Elite (which is still very impressive especially considering it's an LCD). Yes it is better than my old Kuro. I can't speak for other Pioneer models but I am not disappointed at all in the image. The black levels are better than my 6020 in every way. The picture is crisper and the brightness is actually noticeably better on any mode compared to my Kuro. The picture grain that I was used to on my old Kuro is a lot less pronounced on the VT60.

I feel like I need to spend a little bit on the speakers. These are the best tv speakers I have ever heard. I had a separate speaker bar that you attached to the kuro and that was very impressive. This is clearly better and honestly I don't know if I need a separate sound bar now. I have kids so the less clutter the better. The bass is pretty good and the clarity of voices during movies or general watching are great. No need to keep going up and down on the volume to hear them.

I do have some annoyances though. The heat this set puts out is a bit of a concern. I posted my question about the heat yesterday because I noticed how hot the back got during general use. It's very hot to the touch and is hard to keep your hand on it for more than a few seconds. The screen is just warm so obviously the heat escapes from the back. My kuro was hot on the top vents (similar heat honestly). It was also hot on the screen and you could literally feel it when you walked by a foot away. I know heat is normal with plasmas but I worry about that down the road. I am sure there are different degrees of heat with all of these sets but I have seen similar heat concerns reported in this thread so I am fairly sure my set is normal.

The fan noise is annoying but honestly I don't notice it as much after a couple of days. I even tried watching something on netflix last night that is mainly quiet (Orange is the New Black which is great by the way). With the volume at a low level, it was still hard to make out the fan noise. I can hear it no question but it's never taken me out of a movie yet or ruined it. Now I do have a tower fan that runs all day because of how hot it is outside and my PS3/Uverse also have a noticeable fan. Those things help to cancel anything out tv fan wise. Last night though it was just the tv on and the apple tv so no other fans. Yes if I get up and go behind the tv I can definitely hear the fans and how they wine. I also agree the pulsing noise is what makes it noticeable. So as of right now I can going to take a wait and see approach on the Panasonic fix for the fans. I have heard of to many reports that the foam fix only helped a little bit. I know some have reported a huge improvement but that doesn't seem to be the norm. I still feel like the "foam fix" is a band aid and worry that it actually will cause heat issues down the road (it's already hot as it is).

Buzzing is also something I will mention. I have a constant buzzing sound when you get up and go behind the tv. The buzz is not noticeable at my viewing distance though (10-11 feet). The constant buzz is a bit louder than my old Kuro I believe but it also had a similar issue (as did all my Kuro's over the years). The Kuro's buzz normally came from the front of the screen and it was very obvious. The VT60's seems to come the back mainly for me. I haven't really payed attention if any buzzing can be heard from the screen itself. Plasma's vary on buzzing and I do believe there are some out there that are quieter. However I have never heard a plasma that didn't buzz. I have heard quieter buzzing and I have also had friends that simply don't hear stuff the same way I do (where buzzing to them is not noticeable). My buzz is also more high pitched on bright screens (white, blue, etc) but drops dramatically during a transition in a movie (when the screen goes black) or a dark scene (quite a few scenes in Prometheus).

I admit that I almost called Paul's TV the first day I connected it after hearing the fans and the bit of buzzing to see about a possible swap. I then calmed myself down and realized that it's panel lottery with this set. The fan issue is a warranty fix if it bothers me. I saw so many posts on here where people had swapped their set 3 or 4 times and never got a quiet one. The buzzing is something I have experience with (again it's a plasma thing) and believe it will also be a panel lottery situation where I might go through a few of them hoping I get a quieter one (or maybe even a louder one by some of the posts in this thread).

On an OCD note, I found a tiny scratch on the left metal frame when I was cleaning it last night. At least it's on the side and not on the front part of the metal frame. It could have been that way out of the box but I think it was probably done when the delivery guy took it out of the box by himself or when we put the stand on. The scratch is on his side and I am pretty sure he had a wedding ring on at the time (only thing I could think that would have scratched it). Again it's super minor and not noticeable unless I point it out. Ok off my OCD soap box smile.gif.

I haven't tested IR yet and won't for awhile until I get more hours on it. That is the only thing that still worries me. I am also not a fan of the Apps/interface on the tv. To me they make it way more confusing than it needs to be. I still like the simple streamlined layout of the old televisions. Of course every tv is like this now so that's not just a Panasonic thing.

Sorry I wrote so much but I figured it might help someone especially with the Kuro comparison. I loved my old Kuro but I can honestly say that this is worthy replacement at least for my model. I did have a 500m/600m at one time and that might be the only Kuro set that I would possibly give an edge to over the VT60 but it would be VERY MINOR. When I say very minor I literally mean splitting hairs and simply too close to call (some things the Kuro does better and some things the VT does better).
post #4617 of 15360 Old 08-31-2013, 09:37 AM

Liked: 10
To any ownswrs of the panasonic vt60

How does this tv fair for daily gaming, for multiple hours a day on the same game like call of duty? Also does anyone think it would be possible to find the 55" vt60 for about $1500 in canada? Maybe on boxing day?

I plan on using this tv for 70 percent games, 30 percent netflix and watching tv shows. Will i face any IR or burn in?

Im coming from a CRT tv, so really any tv is a huge upgrade for me. So would it be worth it to buy the vt60? Or would the panasonic s60 be a good decision for me?

Just want a tv i can watch in my dark bedroom, that looks very nice on the wall. But also will last a very long time with no burn in. I really like the darkness of a plasma tv, but for gaming is a plasma the best? Really confused of what to do, ive been researching and reading these forums so much but im still stuck!!

Ive even been considering the panasonic e60 becase of my fear of burn in, and my constant Xbox playing on the same game

Thanks so much guys, sorry about all the questions. I just dont know what tv is best for me, and ive really been looking at the vt60. Again my main uses for the tv will be xbox gaming, netflix, and tv shows. All will be watched in a VERY dark room, and my budget is anything under $2000. (Hoping i can find the vt60 for that cheap in canada)
post #4618 of 15360 Old 08-31-2013, 09:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 431
I don't game so I cannot say how 70% gaming would be, but the IR doesn't seem to be an issue on this set (and FAR better than my 65ST30).

post #4619 of 15360 Old 08-31-2013, 09:50 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxdavid19xx View Post

I plan on using this tv for 70 percent games, 30 percent netflix and watching tv shows. Will i face any IR or burn in?
I'm not a gamer, but my prediction is that your risk of serious IR or even burn-in would be much higher than normal. While a lot of owners who use their sets for a wider range of sources and much less time on the same fixed image sources report no IR problems, there are others who are very unhappy about the IR that they experience.
post #4620 of 15360 Old 08-31-2013, 09:54 AM

Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxdavid19xx View Post

To any ownswrs of the panasonic vt60

How does this tv fair for daily gaming, for multiple hours a day on the same game like call of duty? Also does anyone think it would be possible to find the 55" vt60 for about $1500 in canada? Maybe on boxing day?

Im coming from a CRT tv, so really any tv is a huge upgrade for me. So would it be worth it to buy the vt60? Or would the panasonic s60 be a good decision for me?

Just want a tv i can watch in my dark bedroom, that looks very nice on the wall. But also will last a very long time with no burn in. I really like the darkness of a plasma tv, but for gaming is a plasma the best? Really confused of what to do, ive been researching and reading these forums so much but im still stuck!!

Ive even been considering the panasonic e60 becase of my fear of burn in, and my constant Xbox playing on the same game

Thanks so much guys, sorry about all the questions. I just dont know what tv is best for me, and ive really been looking at the vt60. Again my main uses for the tv will be xbox gaming, netflix, and tv shows. All will be watched in a VERY dark room, and my budget is anything under $2000. (Hoping i can find the vt60 for that cheap in canada)
my son plays Black ops on my 65vt60 and no issues i have over 600+ hrs so so far..He says gameing is fine loves it i have an april date so no issues like fan noise etc but thats my tv and its ok i let him play all day but not every day NO!!!! lol

64f8500
oppo bdp-103
Denon avr 1803
Energy speakers
Energy sub
Dual recliner lazyboy
xbox 360
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Panasonic Tcp65 65 Inch Vt25 3d Plasma Tv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page