Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 166 - AVS Forum
First ... 164  165  166 167  168  ... Last
Plasma Flat Panel Displays > Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk]
illusivex's Avatar illusivex 12:59 AM 09-23-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jconjason View Post

You didn't say how long you played. Can you visibly notice it on regular content? Since you mention its started to disappear a little, I'm guessing its just stubborn IR, give it a little more time.

I would say that it was for around 7 hours maybe longer, but the game was played for many different sittings for long times. I have since turned the HUD off completely, but I mean it just seems like its stubborn IR. I have not noticed it during normal content except for maybe during a very white commercial. Other then that I have not noticed really unless I really look for it. I really have only SEEN IT when I run the screen wipe or if I pull of the break in slides. Worse case if it doesn't go away I will exchange it at magnolia. I just was curious about this because I have played games excessively on my previous plasma and after a screen swipe it was gone. It has been a couple days since I noticed this IR and it has gotten a little better.

vinnie97's Avatar vinnie97 01:16 AM 09-23-2013
GTA is a travesty anyway and another symptom of a sick society (killing cops and prostitutes is so much fun, watch this!). Soapbox off.
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 04:07 AM 09-23-2013
If you game a lot then you should just get an LCD display.
People that buy a plasma and then game to the point of near burn in and then want to return it shouldnt be allowed to. Especially the people here who are not ignorant to what IR and burn in is and what can cause it. Its neglect and abuse as far as Im concerned. And it makes it more difficult for people to return tvs that have a legitimate problem as well as driving up consumer costs.
Its no different than buying a 50 watt pair of speakers and blowing them because I push 200 watts through them. Should I be able to return them and get another pair for free? Especially in a case where I know that if I turn my receiver all the way up I might damage them but I really like loud music and I cant help myself so I do it anyway.
Get the right tool for the job people.
Sorry if this offends anyone but I see these posts all the time with people destroying an excellent tv and then wanting a new one so that they can abuse it too and then complain about IR.
lilkhmerkid4u's Avatar lilkhmerkid4u 08:04 AM 09-23-2013
Hi guys! My VT60 should be arriving on Wednesday!

Quick question

I bought the VT60 for my parents and their current setup is hooking up a HDMI cable from the laptop to the 67in Samsung. The HDMI cable runs from the back of the TV and we have a big cable the runs across the floor in the living room, unfortunately. That is one of the reason why we chose to buy a smart TV, to eliminate that and have a cleaner setup.
All they do is stream international (Asian News) and stream Asian movies and Youtube. Is the TV internet/web browser capable of doing that? Such as maximizing the screen to full to fill up the tv, kind of like how you can maximize youtube videos to full screen and other streaming sites?

Thanks!
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar Cleveland Plasma 10:01 AM 09-23-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Angel View Post

Would you say that the VT60 looks better than the 8000? No question, yes. I just returned my samsung 7100 because I was not happy with micro dimming... darker scenes would get darker no matter what feature I turned off...
Anyways... I was going to exchange it for the f8000 You would be just as unhappy with the 8000, just another edge lit TV it is. But read some reviews and went for the VT60. first plasma for ma as well... They didnt have it in stock so I'm waiting for shipment.. ofcourse I cam home and continued to read reviews and I'm starting to get nervous about living room ambient lightning...

My first question is... are you happier with this set than with the F8000? I know I would be
How does it compare with the picture quality and brightness? Some reviews say the vt60 is actually quite dim... Is that true? Yes it will not be as bright as a LED, you can crank up the brightness though.

Would you say that LED is superior? Pretty much in no way, shape or form is a edge lit LED better as far as over all picture quality.

Thanks!!! And I hope to hear from you! biggrin.gif
Answers above, keep in mind there are some people out there who like the cartoonish effect an LED gives and the over saturation of colors. These two things can not be achieved by a plasma. That is why most high end plasma's are considered reference quality.
illusivex's Avatar illusivex 01:03 PM 09-23-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

If you game a lot then you should just get an LCD display.
People that buy a plasma and then game to the point of near burn in and then want to return it shouldnt be allowed to. Especially the people here who are not ignorant to what IR and burn in is and what can cause it. Its neglect and abuse as far as Im concerned. And it makes it more difficult for people to return tvs that have a legitimate problem as well as driving up consumer costs.
Its no different than buying a 50 watt pair of speakers and blowing them because I push 200 watts through them. Should I be able to return them and get another pair for free? Especially in a case where I know that if I turn my receiver all the way up I might damage them but I really like loud music and I cant help myself so I do it anyway.
Get the right tool for the job people.
Sorry if this offends anyone but I see these posts all the time with people destroying an excellent tv and then wanting a new one so that they can abuse it too and then complain about IR.

My previous tv that I owned was a very nice samsung plasma and there was no issues with static images after a long gaming section(Always followed by a screen wipe). The panel started to die about 2 months ago, so I decide that I would try about a different brand for my next plasma. All I was trying to ask was if Panasonic plasmas sometimes hold a static image for a longer period. I would also like to point out that I should have never said anything about trying to return it, because its so minor and that its not an issue with the panel itself. If just make sure there is no static images in that location again and just hope that after sometime it will go away.
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 03:07 PM 09-23-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by illusivex View Post

My previous tv that I owned was a very nice samsung plasma and there was no issues with static images after a long gaming section(Always followed by a screen wipe). The panel started to die about 2 months ago, so I decide that I would try about a different brand for my next plasma. All I was trying to ask was if Panasonic plasmas sometimes hold a static image for a longer period. I would also like to point out that I should have never said anything about trying to return it, because its so minor and that its not an issue with the panel itself. If just make sure there is no static images in that location again and just hope that after sometime it will go away.
Just to be clear my post wasnt aimed at anyone in particular.
Enjoy your tv.
thebeatles67's Avatar thebeatles67 08:21 PM 09-23-2013
Newbie question--where is the screen wipe function on a VT60?
Jaa-Yoo's Avatar Jaa-Yoo 08:56 PM 09-23-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeatles67 View Post

Newbie question--where is the screen wipe function on a VT60?
Menu>>Picture>>Screen Settings>>Screen Wipe
URNape2's Avatar URNape2 09:01 PM 09-23-2013
So - in light of the fact that D-Nice has not published VT60 specific settings, what settings are people using? I'm aware of CNET's, and I'm about to try them right now, but are there any others out there people might recommend?
vinnie97's Avatar vinnie97 09:12 PM 09-23-2013
thebeatles67's Avatar thebeatles67 09:15 PM 09-23-2013
Thanks.
Denniswrly's Avatar Denniswrly 09:35 PM 09-23-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by URNape2 View Post

So - in light of the fact that D-Nice has not published VT60 specific settings, what settings are people using? I'm aware of CNET's, and I'm about to try them right now, but are there any others out there people might recommend?
Cnet seems to be census settings all is useing....smile.gif
jconjason's Avatar jconjason 10:37 PM 09-23-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denniswrly View Post

Cnet seems to be census settings all is useing....smile.gif

Not all are. I'm not. I always suggest using a calibration disc rather than using internet posted settings. Best option, get a pro cal.
AVKIK's Avatar AVKIK 06:04 AM 09-24-2013
Hey guys, I get my 65VT60 tomorrow and I might run the slides for a bit. I was wondering what kind of brightness or contrast do you run them in? Is brighter better? Exact settings would be extremely helpful. Also, can and do you literally run them for twenty four hours plus straight through? New to this whole plasma game. I still have my 2003/2004 34 inch sony wega that i still love. I have been borrowing my brothers 5 yr old samsung plasma to help stage my house for selling. Thanks
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 06:18 AM 09-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVKIK View Post

Hey guys, I get my 65VT60 tomorrow and I might run the slides for a bit. I was wondering what kind of brightness or contrast do you run them in? Is brighter better? Exact settings would be extremely helpful. Also, can and do you literally run them for twenty four hours plus straight through? New to this whole plasma game. I still have my 2003/2004 34 inch sony wega that i still love. I have been borrowing my brothers 5 yr old samsung plasma to help stage my house for selling. Thanks
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1466472/2013-panasonic-settings-issues-thread
I ran them for 100 hrs straight.
AVKIK's Avatar AVKIK 07:01 AM 09-24-2013
Thanks bond 007.
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 07:06 AM 09-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVKIK View Post

Thanks bond 007.
yw
SeLfMaDe111985's Avatar SeLfMaDe111985 09:48 AM 09-24-2013
Hey guys I am picking up a 55 or 60" VT...not sure which size yet.

It's known that all technology is susceptible to stuck or dead pixels and I've read a few posts (keyword being "few") that claimed to have stuck or dead pixels or just pixel issues in general. My guess would be it's just a pick of bad luck but are the VT60's more prone to this issue or is just a tech thing like its always been for HDTVs?

And to comment on anyone having a green "push" issue. It seems to be evident across all the series S/ST/VT not sure about the ZT, and it seems to be in certain modes. I have the 50S64 and defientely notice that faces "sometimes" have a more flush or pale look to them. Kinda of like the green tinge you get before you throw up. IMO it is not a concern or a issue with the TV. It is noticeable but not enough to call a deal breaker or to take away the ability of these sets. I am extremely Impressed with the PQ and blacks of my s64 which makes me forget the green is even there. So I'm sure to be more than pleased with the VT60. Getting excited.
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 10:11 AM 09-24-2013
I have read all the significant Panasonic threads here from the beginning and the VT is no more prone to pixel problems than any other model and its rare for all of them.
discone's Avatar discone 10:19 AM 09-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeLfMaDe111985 View Post

Hey guys I am picking up a 55 or 60" VT...not sure which size yet.

It's known that all technology is susceptible to stuck or dead pixels and I've read a few posts (keyword being "few") that claimed to have stuck or dead pixels or just pixel issues in general. My guess would be it's just a pick of bad luck but are the VT60's more prone to this issue or is just a tech thing like its always been for HDTVs?

And to comment on anyone having a green "push" issue. It seems to be evident across all the series S/ST/VT not sure about the ZT, and it seems to be in certain modes. I have the 50S64 and defientely notice that faces "sometimes" have a more flush or pale look to them. Kinda of like the green tinge you get before you throw up. IMO it is not a concern or a issue with the TV. It is noticeable but not enough to call a deal breaker or to take away the ability of these sets. I am extremely Impressed with the PQ and blacks of my s64 which makes me forget the green is even there. So I'm sure to be more than pleased with the VT60. Getting excited.
Yes the green push has been stated a few times for the ZT also, mainly in the THX modes.

Go Big I say! If the budget and space allow IMO the 60 would be the better choice. When the wife and I were shopping for a new set she wanted the 60 and I wanted the 65. She thought it would be to big and now that the 65 in. is set up we are both very happy. Maybe in 5 to 7 years I can talk her into a bigger set. biggrin.gif
Paul Robins's Avatar Paul Robins 11:23 AM 09-24-2013
Is there anything I can do about this "Banding" I have noticed at end of a TV program / film, when white credits/text scrolls up the screen I get horizontal lines/bands running right across to the right hand side? I think it's call line bleed?
Do I have a fault with my TV here or is this behavior normal for this particular model? I have never noticed this on my older TXP50PZ800 plasma model?
lilkhmerkid4u's Avatar lilkhmerkid4u 01:49 PM 09-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkhmerkid4u View Post

Hi guys! My VT60 should be arriving on Wednesday!

Quick question

I bought the VT60 for my parents and their current setup is hooking up a HDMI cable from the laptop to the 67in Samsung. The HDMI cable runs from the back of the TV and we have a big cable the runs across the floor in the living room, unfortunately. That is one of the reason why we chose to buy a smart TV, to eliminate that and have a cleaner setup.
All they do is stream international (Asian News) and stream Asian movies and Youtube. Is the TV internet/web browser capable of doing that? Such as maximizing the screen to full to fill up the tv, kind of like how you can maximize youtube videos to full screen and other streaming sites?

Thanks!

Please Respond
Luis Angel's Avatar Luis Angel 02:33 PM 09-24-2013
Wow! I cannot express how disappointed I am about this tv... I exchange it for the samsung f7100 and regret it greatly!!!
Waaay to dim... Yes, I was warned about this... But even in a very dim room it does not "pop" at all...

This is a television if you mostly or exclusively watch movies.... If you're going to watch shows or sports... It does not perform nearly as well as an lcd...

The image is soooo soft is ridiculous.... My old hp lcd looms better than this set... Obviously not in color and blacks reproduction ... But overall better picture quality...

I just paid 2,400 for this television and feel sick to my stomach... I wish I would've kept the f7100 even if the auto dimming was annoying... It does not compare at all...

The samsung is extremely sharp and impressive.... This panasonic seems to be unable to produces whites...

Gaming? Do you lay videogames? It helps that ita soooo dim that it wont hurt your eyes as much... But you lose too much detail...
On the led you can see very good detail on videogames... This television basically smooths everything out...

I must be stupid or blind because I spent hours reading rave reviews...
I will never buy a plasma again... I DO NOT get it...

Yes it looks more like film... But for that you sacrifice detail on everything else...

And omg... Even in the darkest of rooms you just want the image to be brighter!!! It doesn't pop at all...

Whenever I play a blu ray I get a really good image here and there... Not like before when everything looked amazing! Jaw dropping!

This is not the tv for me ... But unfortunately I waited until the last day to exchange at Magnolia... And I don't think I can return it again....

I will regret this for years to come... I totally screwed myself and my family out of an amazing tv....
jconjason's Avatar jconjason 02:39 PM 09-24-2013
Quote:

Wow! I cannot express how disappointed I am about this tv... I exchange it for the samsung f7100 and regret it greatly!!!
Waaay to dim... Yes, I was warned about this... But even in a very dim room it does not "pop" at all...

This is a television if you mostly or exclusively watch movies.... If you're going to watch shows or sports... It does not perform nearly as well as an lcd...

The image is soooo soft is ridiculous.... My old hp lcd looms better than this set... Obviously not in color and blacks reproduction ... But overall better picture quality...

I just paid 2,400 for this television and feel sick to my stomach... I wish I would've kept the f7100 even if the auto dimming was annoying... It does not compare at all...

The samsung is extremely sharp and impressive.... This panasonic seems to be unable to produces whites...

Gaming? Do you lay videogames? It helps that ita soooo dim that it wont hurt your eyes as much... But you lose too much detail...
On the led you can see very good detail on videogames... This television basically smooths everything out...

Yes it looks more like film... But for that you sacrifice detail on everything else...

And omg... Even in the darkest of rooms you just want the image to be brighter!!! It doesn't pop at all...

Whenever I play a blu ray I get a really good image here and there... Not like before when everything looked amazing! Jaw dropping!

This is not the tv for me ... But unfortunately I waited until the last day to exchange at Magnolia... And I don't think I can return it again....

I will regret this for years to come... I totally screwed myself and my family out of an amazing tv....

Wow, where to begin!

Well, if you're using the out of box presets, its going to be dim.

If you are use to the over saturated, eye scorching bright, cartoon-like picture that an LCD offers, then you will probably not appreciate the real, true to life, accurate color and picture that a top plasma has to offer.

You're going to regret it for years? Lol if you're that unhappy, just return it for that "jaw dropping" LCD....
goldenbear94's Avatar goldenbear94 02:41 PM 09-24-2013
Quote:

Bummer. Good luck with the crap TV.
Luis Angel's Avatar Luis Angel 02:43 PM 09-24-2013
That's the thing... I don't think I can...

Does anybody have any ideas on magnolias return policy? I know they give you 15 days to return or exchange... Like I said... I waited until the 15th to return and they ordered the panasonic and picked it up two days later...

I think now that sell is final... Right?

Man... I really, really hope I can return it again...

Has anybody done anything like that at magnolia?
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 02:46 PM 09-24-2013
Quote:

LOL It took you until after the return date to figure out this tv is the worst tv on the planet?! Oh well...
goldenbear94's Avatar goldenbear94 02:48 PM 09-24-2013
Quote:

That's the thing... I don't think I can...
I was being facetious.
Luis Angel's Avatar Luis Angel 02:53 PM 09-24-2013
It took me two weeks to return the samsun:.: basically when i started to notice dark scenes would get darker... No matter what settings I turned off..

And whats up with the greenish aura it forms around shadows? Yeah... That's very realistic... Pfff

Damn... Sorry, I'm just effing sad
Tags: Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Panasonic Tcp65 65 Inch Vt25 3d Plasma Tv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
First ... 164  165  166 167  168  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop