Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 199 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #5941 of 14803 Old 10-27-2013, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 40
hdspringer98, sorry to hear that it your unit is not performing as expected. Perhaps the issue lies with your settings or maybe you a got a lemon. One could try to exchange it for another unit first and if the issues persists then go for an LCD/LED display.

You should try plugging in some alternative picture settings before calling it quits, because if it really were the model line as a whole being problematic with motion there would be pages upon pages discussing it.

Good luck
KvE

PS Try out this setting just for kicks and enable a degree of motion smoother. Also check to make sure the 2D -> 3D setting has not been enabled.
http://forums.cnet.com/7723-19410_102-592352/panasonic-tc-p60vt60-picture-settings/

Politics is like a corral, no matter where you are you'll always be shovelling it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5942 of 14803 Old 10-27-2013, 09:33 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateTTU View Post

You need to purchase ControlCal to use those D-Nice settings.

I think sometime in the near future they will post the values listed out like what was done for the ST60, but I'm not 100% positive.

You can download the zip file and then just open the XML file. It lists the value and what item it is changing, pretty easy to do. They do not always go in order and you will have to jump around a little to enter the settings into their correct spot.
post #5943 of 14803 Old 10-27-2013, 09:40 AM

Liked: 13
All, Thanks for the input. I have tried multiple settings on the set, tried motion smoother at all variables, nothing resolves it. I tried each and every setting option from Vivid to Pro too.

I'm an enthusiast and pretty much know what I'm doing with a TV, not an engineer or ISF tech though. My 7 year old Sony KDS-60A3000 didn't have this issue.

So, my understanding has always been that sports fans should go to plasma for the lack of blur. Hockey is by far the most demanding. So, perhaps I did get a lemon. I'll inquire with BB about their tolerance for exchanging for the same model and if it the issue persists on a new one move to something else.

Panasonic TC-P65VT60
Pioneer Elite AVR
Energy Connoisseur Series Speakers
SVS Sub
Xbox360
Panasonic Blu-ray
Apple TV3
post #5944 of 14803 Old 10-27-2013, 10:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdspringer98 View Post

All, Thanks for the input. I have tried multiple settings on the set, tried motion smoother at all variables, nothing resolves it. I tried each and every setting option from Vivid to Pro too.

I'm an enthusiast and pretty much know what I'm doing with a TV, not an engineer or ISF tech though. My 7 year old Sony KDS-60A3000 didn't have this issue.

So, my understanding has always been that sports fans should go to plasma for the lack of blur. Hockey is by far the most demanding. So, perhaps I did get a lemon. I'll inquire with BB about their tolerance for exchanging for the same model and if it the issue persists on a new one move to something else.

Something is not right. The motion is very good on the VT60. I too used to have a Sony KDS-60A3000 and I don't recall any advantage it had for motion over the VT60.

I can tell you this though: The VT60 has better resolution and detail capabilities over a RPTV SXRD. If you have a bad source, it will show that bad source more transparently - where as the SXRD would hide poor source quality because it lacked detail by comparison. The VT60 is likely showing your source problems you were not seeing before.
Denniswrly likes this.

post #5945 of 14803 Old 10-27-2013, 11:21 AM

Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHir View Post

Something is not right. The motion is very good on the VT60. I too used to have a Sony KDS-60A3000 and I don't recall any advantage it had for motion over the VT60.

I can tell you this though: The VT60 has better resolution and detail capabilities over a RPTV SXRD. If you have a bad source, it will show that bad source more transparently - where as the SXRD would hide poor source quality because it lacked detail by comparison. The VT60 is likely showing your source problems you were not seeing before.
+1

64f8500
oppo bdp-103
Denon avr 1803
Energy speakers
Energy sub
Dual recliner lazyboy
xbox 360
post #5946 of 14803 Old 10-27-2013, 11:46 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeLfMaDe111985 View Post

If you guys don't mind putting
Where you bought from that would be great. Want to make sure the strip of plastic only on the bottom is a universal thing and not just Pauls TV thing.

Mine (UK VT65) came like that, too.
post #5947 of 14803 Old 10-27-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:

If you guys don't mind putting
Where you bought from that would be great. Want to make sure the strip of plastic only on the bottom is a universal thing and not just Pauls TV thing.

Anyway I contacted john at Pauls who is awesome btw...stated I don't believe this was a issue with Pauls but with the manufacturers poor quality control. So they are looking into some
Options and will get back to me
US Magnolia and stickers plus plastic on bottom smile.gif http://www.avsforum.com/t/1490636/panny-vt60-65-pics-and-setup-show-off-time/0_40
smile.gif

64f8500
oppo bdp-103
Denon avr 1803
Energy speakers
Energy sub
Dual recliner lazyboy
xbox 360
post #5948 of 14803 Old 10-27-2013, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denniswrly View Post

US Magnolia and stickers plus plastic on bottom smile.gif http://www.avsforum.com/t/1490636/panny-vt60-65-pics-and-setup-show-off-time/0_40
smile.gif
oooops ment link for another poster my bad

64f8500
oppo bdp-103
Denon avr 1803
Energy speakers
Energy sub
Dual recliner lazyboy
xbox 360
post #5949 of 14803 Old 10-27-2013, 01:37 PM

Liked: 13
Ok so I returned the TV and am getting a replacement, same make/model. It's coming tuesday. Just for giggles I'm going to get some 3D hdmi cables even though I have no 3d sources and my current HDMI are high end monoprice albeit a few years old.

I doubt it's a source issue at all because we have an LED TV that's 1 year old that doesn't blur on hockey. I'm convinced I just got a lemon. We shall see come Tuesday.

Panasonic TC-P65VT60
Pioneer Elite AVR
Energy Connoisseur Series Speakers
SVS Sub
Xbox360
Panasonic Blu-ray
Apple TV3
post #5950 of 14803 Old 10-27-2013, 01:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:

Just got my 65" VT60. Incredible picture, very pleased. I have two issues:

1. Seems you cannot dedicate settings to inputs. i.e use THX Cinema for HDMI 2 and Custom for HDMI 1. Are the setting really global and not customizable to inputs???? Every other TV I've ever owned was able to do this.

On the ZT60 you can absolutely have different picture modes on different inputs. HOwever I did notice many settings apply to the picture mode, not to the input. I have not gone through and checked all exhaustively, but this is at least true for brightness, contrast, color, tint, and motion smoother. Game Mode is different, it seems to apply to the input. Fortunately.

I'm assuming this should be the same for VT60.

Panasonic TC-P60ZT60 plasma panel
Sony BDP-S5100 Blu-ray player
Samsung SMT-H3272 DVR
Yamaha RX-V650 AVR
XBOX 360
URC MX-780 remote control
post #5951 of 14803 Old 10-27-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:

Ok so I returned the TV and am getting a replacement, same make/model. It's coming tuesday. Just for giggles I'm going to get some 3D hdmi cables even though I have no 3d sources and my current HDMI are high end monoprice albeit a few years old.

I doubt it's a source issue at all because we have an LED TV that's 1 year old that doesn't blur on hockey. I'm convinced I just got a lemon. We shall see come Tuesday.
I'm sure you b fine .I watch sports and see no blur Hockey,Football,Nascar etc...But its ur eyes right..smile.gif

64f8500
oppo bdp-103
Denon avr 1803
Energy speakers
Energy sub
Dual recliner lazyboy
xbox 360
post #5952 of 14803 Old 10-27-2013, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Quote:

There are only two HDMI cables..

Standard or High Speed.

Everything else is snake oil. Head on over to monoprice and if you really want to spend extra $ get Redmere cables.
gcannon0317 likes this.

post #5953 of 14803 Old 10-27-2013, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Your issue could be with the deinterlacer in your source or even misflagged content with the wrong metadata which is not uncommon.

post #5954 of 14803 Old 10-27-2013, 02:13 PM

Liked: 99
Quote:

Setting up the return to BB now and exchanging for a Samsung LED. I can't take the blurriness. I'm willing sacrifice some PQ for motion that looks great. So disappointed.

Well you'll e entering a whole other realm of blurry if you go LED. But to each his own. Some people like the fake motion look. Us accurate viewers much rather have plasma. To trade in a VT60 for an LED is a pretty drastic move..it's like slapping god in the face
post #5955 of 14803 Old 10-27-2013, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooke View Post

Quote:

Just got my 65" VT60. Incredible picture, very pleased. I have two issues:

1. Seems you cannot dedicate settings to inputs. i.e use THX Cinema for HDMI 2 and Custom for HDMI 1. Are the setting really global and not customizable to inputs???? Every other TV I've ever owned was able to do this.

On the ZT60 you can absolutely have different picture modes on different inputs. HOwever I did notice many settings apply to the picture mode, not to the input. I have not gone through and checked all exhaustively, but this is at least true for brightness, contrast, color, tint, and motion smoother. Game Mode is different, it seems to apply to the input. Fortunately.

I'm assuming this should be the same for VT60.

From what I can see it is.

I have everything going through my AVR which posses the problem of getting a compromise for all sources. Fortunately there is only my HTPC and Blu-ray player with the HTPC also having a plethora of output settings to adjust and be paired/matched with those on the TV.

post #5956 of 14803 Old 10-27-2013, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denniswrly View Post

smile.gif
So yours had the energy sticker and the plastic adhesive on the bottom an not on sides or top correct?
post #5957 of 14803 Old 10-27-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:

So yours had the energy sticker and the plastic adhesive on the bottom an not on sides or top correct?
yes, O and the sticker upper left corner.

64f8500
oppo bdp-103
Denon avr 1803
Energy speakers
Energy sub
Dual recliner lazyboy
xbox 360
post #5958 of 14803 Old 10-27-2013, 04:37 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:

Well I'm watching NHL network right now and am noticing the circles blur a bit too. Hard to tell on about the ice. Seriously starting to re-think this purchase. My LED TV does better with hockey.
Sort of pissed about this. After all these killer reviews and they can't make hockey look as good on a plasma??? The PQ is awesome but motion SUCKS on this TV....that' starting to be my conclusion. I thought plasma because of 600Hz were supposed to be perfect for sports WTF!!!
The 600hz on plasma is not the same on LCD tvs. They are not equal it's altogether Different technology. It's a bit misunderstood even by salesmen. .
post #5959 of 14803 Old 10-27-2013, 04:57 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTR View Post

I had a VT60 for a couple of weeks before I moved on because of IR issues.

What sort of IR issues?
Still debating whether or not I should return mine due to persistent IR.
post #5960 of 14803 Old 10-27-2013, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by chr0m View Post

What sort of IR issues?

Well I was coming from owning only Pioneer Kuro's. With those I never had IR at all. No matter if I paused a screen or watched football all day, there was never any kind of IR. When I got the VT60 I loved it at first. Image wise it compared to my kuro very well. After I broke it in, I noticed having IR issues when I watched a program with a static logo on it. I watched a bit of espn and it took a few days for the IR to disappear. I played a game of Madden and it took days for the IR to completely fade. That was basically a 30 minute game. Those things along with other IR issues made me rethink my purchase and consequently I moved on. I loved the set picture wise. The IR issues are annoying though. I have been a plasma only guy for over 5 years but the VT turned me off because of these IR issues.

My friend also has a VT with the same problems. Some people can deal with it but it still blows my mind that my old 2008 Pioneer had no IR issues but a 2013 new tech Panasonic still can't manage to deal with IR the correct way. What exactly was pioneer doing to void out any IR at all and why didn't Panasonic buy this tech? Who knows.
post #5961 of 14803 Old 10-27-2013, 05:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTR View Post

Well I was coming from owning only Pioneer Kuro's. With those I never had IR at all. No matter if I paused a screen or watched football all day, there was never any kind of IR. When I got the VT60 I loved it at first. Image wise it compared to my kuro very well. After I broke it in, I noticed having IR issues when I watched a program with a static logo on it. I watched a bit of espn and it took a few days for the IR to disappear. I played a game of Madden and it took days for the IR to completely fade. That was basically a 30 minute game. Those things along with other IR issues made me rethink my purchase and consequently I moved on. I loved the set picture wise. The IR issues are annoying though. I have been a plasma only guy for over 5 years but the VT turned me off because of these IR issues.

My friend also has a VT with the same problems. Some people can deal with it but it still blows my mind that my old 2008 Pioneer had no IR issues but a 2013 new tech Panasonic still can't manage to deal with IR the correct way. What exactly was pioneer doing to void out any IR at all and why didn't Panasonic buy this tech? Who knows.

Well I know some people have experienced IR with their Panasonic models but I can tell you the opposite, I watch Football, Soccer, Hockey all weekend long and haven't experienced any IR on my GT50. I know I'm not the only one.

TV - Panasonic 55GT50Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28'sCenter Channel- Klipsch RC-52Sub - Klipsch Sub 12Surrounds - Klipsch RS-52 II (new)Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3Receiver - Onkyo RC-360HTPC - Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,3 TB,wireless WMC keyboardVideo processor - Darbee
post #5962 of 14803 Old 10-27-2013, 05:39 PM
AVS Special Member

I've had football on all day and now the World Series. I see no IR. I have the pixel orbiter on.

BTW, I set up the colors with cnet settings today and eyeballed some calibration output settings on my HTPC today. I know I need to fine tune still but I am dealing with two devices here so it at least doubles the work.

That said, I'm able to see the individual stitches on the pitcher's hat from 12 feet away, something I have never seen before. :-)

post #5963 of 14803 Old 10-27-2013, 05:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post

I've had football on all day and now the World Series. I see no IR. I have the pixel orbiter on.

BTW, I set up the colors with cnet settings today and eyeballed some calibration output settings on my HTPC today. I know I need to fine tune still but I am dealing with two devices here so it at least doubles the work.

That said, I'm able to see the individual stitches on the pitcher's hat from 12 feet away, something I have never seen before. :-)
Not trying to frighten you or anything but it would probably be a good idea to run the screen wipe for a while before you go to bed. Your set is brand new.
Sammy2 likes this.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #5964 of 14803 Old 10-27-2013, 05:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by chr0m View Post

What sort of IR issues?

These sets are prone to IR, no question, but there are generally ways to manage it (run the pixel flipper occasionally, etc) for regular/typical viewing. I think the IR is a minor issue (even if a little becomes light burn-in) relative to going to an inferior LED which has zero IR, but mediocre PQ. But, that's just me.

post #5965 of 14803 Old 10-27-2013, 05:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinoheat View Post

Well I know some people have experienced IR with their Panasonic models but I can tell you the opposite, I watch Football, Soccer, Hockey all weekend long and haven't experienced any IR on my GT50. I know I'm not the only one.

You have a totally different model also though. I can only express what I have seen as a plasma owner for years now. If someone else has a better experience then mine, that's great. Again I wanted to keep the VT60 but at the end of the day I didn't want to baby sit a set after owning plasma tv's for years and never having to do that. I shouldn't have to run a pixel flipper for hours on end for days just to get rid of IR from a video game (that I played for 30 minutes). That to me is extreme and something I couldn't deal with especially with little kids.
post #5966 of 14803 Old 10-27-2013, 05:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Quote:

Not trying to frighten you or anything but it would probably be a good idea to run the screen wipe for a while before you go to bed. Your set is brand new.

I ran it and the slides too this morning and will be doing the screen wipe again tonight. Thanks for the tip.

It sure would be nice to program the TV to do that each night between 2 and 4 or something like that.

post #5967 of 14803 Old 10-27-2013, 06:23 PM

Man Blu-ray Disc really show off this TV...Apple TV is nice but the it is definitely inferior to a physical disc. Everything looks so much better from my ps3. Apple TV makes it look a lil soft. What a difference.

Anyway how come on some settings, for example standard mode (not a great mode I know just using as example because it was already set to it while playing TDK) is the Pro settings greyed out so I can't select it or go Into that menu.? Just curious I came across his a few times on a few different modes. How do you get it so it is not greyed out? PS3 is set to 1080p/24hz TV set at 60hz .
post #5968 of 14803 Old 10-27-2013, 06:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 826
Quote:

It sure would be nice to program the TV to do that each night between 2 and 4 or something like that.
Agreed. You can set the sleep timer on the tv and run the screen wipe. That way it can run after you go to bed and will turn off by itself.
I have the Disney WOW disc and thats what I do. The BDP will play it all night but thats OK. The tv will turn off with the timer.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #5969 of 14803 Old 10-27-2013, 06:30 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phte View Post

For those who run the "different colored slides" to break-in the plasma, what is it supposed to help with? for instances does it improve the PQ, (by reducing the time of dithering or jaggies to be smoothed out) or is supposed to allow the phosphor's to age evenly (is that theoretically, or is is based upon scientific data, which results in improved PQ)lh8uQf?

I guess so, but when D-Nice says this:
Im not sure there is much more to say wink.gif
Theyare to help age the phosphers evenly, during the time that they decay the most (1st few hundred hours) I think.....There is more science, but honestly I dont feel like searching for the discussion on it.....
post #5970 of 14803 Old 10-27-2013, 06:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Man Blu-ray Disc really show off this TV...Apple TV is nice but the it is definitely inferior to a physical disc. Everything looks so much better from my ps3. Apple TV makes it look a lil soft. What a difference.

Anyway how come on some settings, for example standard mode (not a great mode I know just using as example because it was already set to it while playing TDK) is the Pro settings greyed out so I can't select it or go Into that menu.? Just curious I came across his a few times on a few different modes. How do you get it so it is not greyed out? PS3 is set to 1080p/24hz TV set at 60hz .

Blu-ray rips played with a properly tweaked HTPC have even better PQ than most all Blu-ray players and you don't have to mess with the disc.

For your question, go to Setup in the menu and turn the Professional mode on. Then go to Picture > Advanced picture > 1080p pure direct. The source needs to be outputting 1080p x 23.976 to set 24p Direct in to 24Hz.

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Panasonic Tcp65 65 Inch Vt25 3d Plasma Tv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page