Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 28 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #811 of 14809 Old 05-03-2013, 07:31 AM
Newbie
 
MD24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Chad
Any comment on the sound quality of the VT60

Go Sens Go
MD24 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #812 of 14809 Old 05-03-2013, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Chad B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 2,042
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD24 View Post

Chad
Any comment on the sound quality of the VT60
I did listen briefly, not as much as I would have liked to, but it sounded more than adequate for TV speakers. Kinda rich in the upper bass/lower midrange region, but pretty clean. I didn't tweak the sound settings at all, it could be even better.
Chad B is online now  
post #813 of 14809 Old 05-03-2013, 07:45 AM
Senior Member
 
Tarheel1400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuralSex View Post

Bigot (jk) smile.gif

Pushing 10 hours straight on slides. The ir that was there last night seems to be gone or at least I'm having trouble isolating it lol. I'm going to keep rolling them as everyone suggested. Maybe take a break to watch a blu ray or two today. That's as beneficial as the slides for aging correct?
Tarheel1400 is offline  
post #814 of 14809 Old 05-03-2013, 07:52 AM
Member
 
AuralSex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 125
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD24 View Post

Chad
Any comment on the sound quality of the VT60
Having owned both the F8500 and the VT60 I can tell you that the VT60 is better than the F8500 and is fine for general use. It is, however, absolutely inadequate for any kind of decent musical use. Played a Queen bluray this morning and it was thin. I was hoping to be able to get by with the built-in sound system but that obviously is not going to be possible. I guess I was being naive. There's really no way to get any kind of quality sound from the tiny built-in speakers these flat panels are fitted with.
agkss likes this.

I feel strongly both ways!
AuralSex is offline  
post #815 of 14809 Old 05-03-2013, 08:04 AM
Senior Member
 
Tarheel1400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Given how much more power plasmas pull is my panamax mr4300 sufficient or do I need to bump up to 5100?
Tarheel1400 is offline  
post #816 of 14809 Old 05-03-2013, 09:37 AM
Member
 
Steve544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Excellent review which covered all bases. Never the less, I am waiting for the release of the Panasonic ZT series.
Steve544 is offline  
post #817 of 14809 Old 05-03-2013, 10:47 AM
Member
 
robbyrockets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
My VT50 had a bad panel, so the repeatability issues I had with MY VT50 were in fact real, I've been calibrating since my PZ850U, so I'm not completely clueless here.
robbyrockets is offline  
post #818 of 14809 Old 05-03-2013, 11:19 AM
Member
 
grsmith317's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Since the VT60 will play media from it's USB port and DLNA, does anyone know if it will play a DVD or BluRay image from a disk folder? I see that it will play a VOB and TS but can it do them smartly like it is playing a DVD or BluRay?
grsmith317 is offline  
post #819 of 14809 Old 05-03-2013, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,363
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by grsmith317 View Post

Since the VT60 will play media from it's USB port and DLNA, does anyone know if it will play a DVD or BluRay image from a disk folder? I see that it will play a VOB and TS but can it do them smartly like it is playing a DVD or BluRay?

If you are talking about with Menus then no I highly doubt. The media players on all TVs is very basic.......I doubt it will play ISOs either..In order to enable Menus for Blu-rays the TV would need to implement Cineva, thus crippling most of the other playback of media.....
Ph8te is offline  
post #820 of 14809 Old 05-03-2013, 12:23 PM
Member
 
dzl13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: OKC
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Stupid question, is there a settings thread for the VT60 I missed? I looked through but didn't see Chad's settings posted.
dzl13 is offline  
post #821 of 14809 Old 05-03-2013, 12:32 PM
Member
 
DevItHere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Still have my fan humming noise issue. Another question though. I am still a newbie with plasma. When I turn on my VT60 from a cold start, the dither on the screen can be absolutely horrible. The PQ is very grainy looking because of it (I can see it from across the room). Only live type content though, not animated type content. It is not my source because I will see it via a BRD and my DirecTV unit (even on the menus). After a while (5 to 15 minutes) and it was like it was never there except very little and hard to see. So is there like a warm up or something? Does not seem to do this with the F8500. Not an issue I guess since it goes away, so more curious than anything.
DevItHere is offline  
post #822 of 14809 Old 05-03-2013, 12:58 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
htwaits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 24,721
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzl13 View Post

Stupid question, is there a settings thread for the VT60 I missed? I looked through but didn't see Chad's settings posted.
I don't think that Chad posts settings. It's a little early for D-Nice to have had the time to post settings. He usually starts a settings thread with the first two or three posts reserved for his information.
htwaits is offline  
post #823 of 14809 Old 05-03-2013, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,363
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

I don't think that Chad posts settings. It's a little early for D-Nice to have had the time to post settings. He usually starts a settings thread with the first two or three posts reserved for his information.

Chad as fr as I know has never posted settings.....

for D-Nice I think theyll be posted in the Panasonic 2013 settings\Issue thread that he started. I think all of the models are being discussed there, although since there are more ST60 owners right now thats what gets talked about most.....
Ph8te is offline  
post #824 of 14809 Old 05-03-2013, 02:32 PM
Advanced Member
 
hotskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 513
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevItHere View Post

Still have my fan humming noise issue. Another question though. I am still a newbie with plasma. When I turn on my VT60 from a cold start, the dither on the screen can be absolutely horrible. The PQ is very grainy looking because of it (I can see it from across the room). Only live type content though, not animated type content. It is not my source because I will see it via a BRD and my DirecTV unit (even on the menus). After a while (5 to 15 minutes) and it was like it was never there except very little and hard to see. So is there like a warm up or something? Does not seem to do this with the F8500. Not an issue I guess since it goes away, so more curious than anything.

depends on which picture setting u have on.. switch around the pic settings and look for improvement.
I think Cinema has barely any but I cant remember cause I don't notice the dither
hotskins is offline  
post #825 of 14809 Old 05-03-2013, 02:36 PM
Member
 
robbyrockets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Well got my set 15 minutes ago, open the box, plugged her in and she proceeded to sound like a buzz saw, noticed a rather large scuff mark on the top of the frame and much too my dismay noticed a cracked screen.

Refused the delivery, and sent her on her way, now the wait begins yet again.

Heads up to my fellow Panny lovers, the box looked perfect except for a minor puncture mark along the area of the damage.

No matter how good the box looks always do a thorough inspection and definitely plug her in before the delivery driver leaves.

He said it wasn't their policy to allow the customer to open the boxes, so I made it an issue to either open and inspect or refuse it.

I'm just glad I purchased from a reputable site like Cleveland Plasma, spoke to Chris and he said, it would be taken care off immediately.

Oh well, off to watch Iron Man 3 with my boy.
robbyrockets is offline  
post #826 of 14809 Old 05-03-2013, 02:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Tarheel1400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevItHere View Post

Still have my fan humming noise issue. Another question though. I am still a newbie with plasma. When I turn on my VT60 from a cold start, the dither on the screen can be absolutely horrible. The PQ is very grainy looking because of it (I can see it from across the room). Only live type content though, not animated type content. It is not my source because I will see it via a BRD and my DirecTV unit (even on the menus). After a while (5 to 15 minutes) and it was like it was never there except very little and hard to see. So is there like a warm up or something? Does not seem to do this with the F8500. Not an issue I guess since it goes away, so more curious than anything.

Devlt,

I have about 30 hours of slides on my 55 inch now and I pretty blown away by the PQ. Currently I'm only running slides and Blu Rays to steer away from any IR like I experienced on the first night (just during my first 100 hours or so).

I also am getting a pretty loud (power supply humming??). I think the buzzing is from the fans which I understand is normal. Best Buy is actually coming out to my home Monday (should have close to 60 hours by then) to listen to the sound to ensure its normal. I didn't notice any noise on the display models and everyone I speak to seem says they run virtually silent (my definitely is not silent). I'll update on Monday to let you know what they had to say.

Worst comes to worse they'll let me exchange it for a new one. If they say its normal and with just the size of my small room its in the noise is amplified I may consider returning the TV (which I don't want to do since their isn't anything else on the market that can touch it for less than 3000 dollars).
Tarheel1400 is offline  
post #827 of 14809 Old 05-03-2013, 04:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
JimP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Wetumpka, AL
Posts: 15,294
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbyrockets View Post

Well got my set 15 minutes ago, open the box, plugged her in and she proceeded to sound like a buzz saw, noticed a rather large scuff mark on the top of the frame and much too my dismay noticed a cracked screen.

Refused the delivery, and sent her on her way, now the wait begins yet again.

Heads up to my fellow Panny lovers, the box looked perfect except for a minor puncture mark along the area of the damage.

No matter how good the box looks always do a thorough inspection and definitely plug her in before the delivery driver leaves.

He said it wasn't their policy to allow the customer to open the boxes, so I made it an issue to either open and inspect or refuse it.

I'm just glad I purchased from a reputable site like Cleveland Plasma, spoke to Chris and he said, it would be taken care off immediately.

Oh well, off to watch Iron Man 3 with my boy.


You did right. Anytimes these delivery guys get an attitude and tell you that you can't inspect, send it back with them. In all likelihood, they've dropped or bounced it off of something and know that there is damage.

My last 3 displays were all delivered by the same guy. He'd help set it up and waited to be sure that I was satisfied. Couldn't ask for better service.

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
JimP is offline  
post #828 of 14809 Old 05-03-2013, 05:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Tarheel1400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I shot a message to Robby who has been great but was hoping someone else could chime in on the buzzing and humming.

I'm at altitude but under the 7200 rating. Any chance that has anything to do with it? The humming is pretty prevalent and the buzzing is right under that. I can hear it over 6 feet away and between dialogue and sounds when watching tv:eek:.

If I can't resolve this the Plasma tech may be out for me and the VT may have to go.

I'm running slides 24/7 (with an hour break every day) like you guys recommend and the PQ is already amazing without messing with any settings. There is no way the slides will help with the buzzing correct?
Tarheel1400 is offline  
post #829 of 14809 Old 05-03-2013, 05:27 PM
Newbie
 
cdh311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Long time lurker. Finally getting around to replace my 9 year old Sony 60" RP LCD. Still going strong on bulb #5, with one entire light engine replacement (in year 3 under ext. warranty thank god) and a LOT of hours. Pulled the trigger today on the 65VT60. Will be delivered next Saturday. Kudos to this forum and fellow fanatics. Now to replace the B&K Ref 50......!!!

Chris H.
cdh311 is offline  
post #830 of 14809 Old 05-03-2013, 06:12 PM
Member
 
DevItHere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel1400 View Post

Devlt,

I have about 30 hours of slides on my 55 inch now and I pretty blown away by the PQ. Currently I'm only running slides and Blu Rays to steer away from any IR like I experienced on the first night (just during my first 100 hours or so).

I also am getting a pretty loud (power supply humming??). I think the buzzing is from the fans which I understand is normal. Best Buy is actually coming out to my home Monday (should have close to 60 hours by then) to listen to the sound to ensure its normal. I didn't notice any noise on the display models and everyone I speak to seem says they run virtually silent (my definitely is not silent). I'll update on Monday to let you know what they had to say.

Worst comes to worse they'll let me exchange it for a new one. If they say its normal and with just the size of my small room its in the noise is amplified I may consider returning the TV (which I don't want to do since their isn't anything else on the market that can touch it for less than 3000 dollars).

I say my noise is the fan because if I partially block the fan exhaust with something, the sound is reduced. If I am standing in the right spot in front of the TV, I hear the hum, but you cannot tell where it is coming from. If I put my ear near the offending fan area, you really do not hear a problem. I only knew from the fan area because I deal with PC's and servers a lot. It could be the fan or how the air flows due to the fan moving it.

Please do let me know the outcome. My ears know this noise is there now which to me is loud enough to be a distraction. I bought Amazon, so I can do an exchange, but trying everything else first. I worry that I may simply just have an ear for this noise.
DevItHere is offline  
post #831 of 14809 Old 05-03-2013, 06:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Tarheel1400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm blown away with how noisy my VT60 is. I must have a bunk set since no one else seems to be having this issue. It will be interesting to see what the Best Buy tech thinks. If this can't be solved It has to go back and Plasma will be dead to me (lol). The buzzing and humming noises can even be heard over normal listening volume out of my soundbar.
Tarheel1400 is offline  
post #832 of 14809 Old 05-03-2013, 06:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
fierce_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,188
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel1400 View Post

I shot a message to Robby who has been great but was hoping someone else could chime in on the buzzing and humming.

I'm at altitude but under the 7200 rating. Any chance that has anything to do with it? The humming is pretty prevalent and the buzzing is right under that. I can hear it over 6 feet away and between dialogue and sounds when watching tv:eek:.

If I can't resolve this the Plasma tech may be out for me and the VT may have to go.

I'm running slides 24/7 (with an hour break every day) like you guys recommend and the PQ is already amazing without messing with any settings. There is no way the slides will help with the buzzing correct?

take this with a grain of salt, as I can quite easily hear buzzing, but don't find it distracting at all, and don't really believe it's something that can really be eliminated, only ignored.

but with your set, walk around the room and see if it gets any better/worse depending on where you stand. if may be that your seating location just happens to be in a zone of constructive interference amplifying the problem. if this is the case, you may be able to reduce the problem by placing some soft items(curtains, sound absorption panels?) or like egg carton shaped foam to scatter the sound waves and prevent them from lining up.

imo, the buzzing is MORE than worth it when you look at your alternatives. i'd try everything I could to reduce it and live with it before going to LCD. I truly think this is one of those things that ppl make so much worse than it is by looking for it. yeah LCD's are quieter, because they use less power, but plasmas are not the only thing that 'buzz'. CRT's did, most lights do, hell the 'indiglo' light on my watch buzzes. it's just a side effect of electricity. most of the time we never notice it because nobody tells us to. now if you had no idea about buzzing, and you picked it out in the middle of watching your movie, that'd be different. hearing it while listening for it when running slides isn't a fair assessment

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1018AH, 5.1 audio
Sources: HTPC(Mediabrowser), PS3, XBOX360, Wii, Sony DVP-CX995V
Control: Harmony One
fierce_gt is offline  
post #833 of 14809 Old 05-03-2013, 06:14 PM
Member
 
Jeff Peake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 85
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbyrockets View Post

Well got my set 15 minutes ago, open the box, plugged her in and she proceeded to sound like a buzz saw, noticed a rather large scuff mark on the top of the frame and much too my dismay noticed a cracked screen.

Refused the delivery, and sent her on her way, now the wait begins yet again.



Sorry to hear that...my 65VT60 is on the way from Cleveland Plasma, fingers crossed that she arrives in one piece. I will definitely be plugging her in before i sign on the dotted line.
Jeff Peake is offline  
post #834 of 14809 Old 05-03-2013, 06:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Tarheel1400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevItHere View Post

I say my noise is the fan because if I partially block the fan exhaust with something, the sound is reduced. If I am standing in the right spot in front of the TV, I hear the hum, but you cannot tell where it is coming from. If I put my ear near the offending fan area, you really do not hear a problem. I only knew from the fan area because I deal with PC's and servers a lot. It could be the fan or how the air flows due to the fan moving it.

Please do let me know the outcome. My ears know this noise is there now which to me is loud enough to be a distraction. I bought Amazon, so I can do an exchange, but trying everything else first. I worry that I may simply just have an ear for this noise.

Devlt,

I will let you know what they say. It's great they are coming out that way they can hear it first hand. Some of the noise is definitely the fan which Chunon said was normal however I don't think I should be able to hear the fan's almost seven feet away with audio on. The hum is worse than the buzzing and like you I can't figure out where its coming from.

I'm sooooo bummed. The PQ on this set is incredible. I fear I'll be waiting months before there's is a LED on the market that I can pretend is close to the PQ on this set. I'll have to see what Best Buy says before I make the call.
Tarheel1400 is offline  
post #835 of 14809 Old 05-03-2013, 06:16 PM
Member
 
DevItHere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotskins View Post

depends on which picture setting u have on.. switch around the pic settings and look for improvement.
I think Cinema has barely any but I cant remember cause I don't notice the dither

Thanks. When it did this last night, it was turned on in THX cinema. Once the TV warmed up, the PQ was great but until then, it was really bad like watching something worse then SD on a HD channel. Only with darker content from what I can tell. It does this like 80% of the time. Turned it on from cold today, it did not do it. I got about 60 hours on this so far, maybe it will get better.
DevItHere is offline  
post #836 of 14809 Old 05-03-2013, 06:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Tarheel1400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_gt View Post

take this with a grain of salt, as I can quite easily hear buzzing, but don't find it distracting at all, and don't really believe it's something that can really be eliminated, only ignored.

but with your set, walk around the room and see if it gets any better/worse depending on where you stand. if may be that your seating location just happens to be in a zone of constructive interference amplifying the problem. if this is the case, you may be able to reduce the problem by placing some soft items(curtains, sound absorption panels?) or like egg carton shaped foam to scatter the sound waves and prevent them from lining up.

imo, the buzzing is MORE than worth it when you look at your alternatives. i'd try everything I could to reduce it and live with it before going to LCD. I truly think this is one of those things that ppl make so much worse than it is by looking for it. yeah LCD's are quieter, because they use less power, but plasmas are not the only thing that 'buzz'. CRT's did, most lights do, hell the 'indiglo' light on my watch buzzes. it's just a side effect of electricity. most of the time we never notice it because nobody tells us to. now if you had no idea about buzzing, and you picked it out in the middle of watching your movie, that'd be different. hearing it while listening for it when running slides isn't a fair assessment

Fierce,

That's all great advice. Thank you. I will explore some more. What I can tell you is with audio on at a normal listening volume on my B&W soundbar I can still hear the humming and buzzing. It's definitely distracting.

My gf is doesn't give a you know what about any of my electronic toys brought it up as soon as she walked in my room. She said something like "Should it be buzzing like that??!". That's alwasys what somebody that's already "Plasmaphobic" wants to hear on the 2nd day lol.
Tarheel1400 is offline  
post #837 of 14809 Old 05-03-2013, 06:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Tarheel1400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Dev,

Out of curiosity where are you located? I'm in Parker CO at 5800 feet. Not sure that has anything to do with it but I'm just trying to explore everything before I consider sending it back.
Tarheel1400 is offline  
post #838 of 14809 Old 05-03-2013, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
airgas1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: 42degsN 92degsW
Posts: 2,159
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh311 View Post

Long time lurker. Finally getting around to replace my 9 year old Sony 60" RP LCD. Still going strong on bulb #5, with one entire light engine replacement (in year 3 under ext. warranty thank god) and a LOT of hours. Pulled the trigger today on the 65VT60. Will be delivered next Saturday. Kudos to this forum and fellow fanatics. Now to replace the B&K Ref 50......!!!

Chris H.

your in for quite the treat. going from a cr ratio of probably 1:2000 to 1: 12K or so is well lets just say noticeable.

Habit Forming....Wallet Burning Hobby....

64" Samsung F8500 Plasma
55" Samsung B8500 Full Array Lcd
Channel Master Dvr
Onkyo 818
Crown xls-2000
Sony Blu-Ray 790
Svs Ultra Towers/Center, Energy Rc-50 Surround
Svs Pb-13 Ultra Sub
airgas1998 is offline  
post #839 of 14809 Old 05-03-2013, 07:31 PM
Newbie
 
tiberivs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I hope this isn't considered off topic.

I have been following this thread for quite some time waiting on reviews etc. I have a 42" panasonic g10.
i was almost convinced that i wanted a new tv and i was going to get the ST60 and then read about the input lag and that scared me off.

Then i wanted to get a 55" vt60 but i don't know if i can justify the price right now. I am a casual gamer so i rather have a tv with lower input lag, that is why i wanted a vt60 over st60.

I have seen a few sites that still have some gt50s for pretty cheap, in comparison to what a vt60 cost right now.

Are this years tvs really that much better than last years? enough that i would regret getting a gt50. the review stating that the gt50s blacks almost looked grey next to the vt60 kinda scared me.
tiberivs is offline  
post #840 of 14809 Old 05-03-2013, 07:33 PM
Newbie
 
monk2580's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
My P60VT60 arrived undamaged and in perfect working order after its ride from the East Coast out to California. ECTV's came through as promised and even refunded me the difference that was due to a $55 price drop since I ordered the tv. They also gave me a 12ft 3d HDMI cable at no charge. I'm happy with the deal. Yes, ECTV's were not upfront with all the extra costs, but they quickly wrote them off to get the business.

As for the tv itself... It is an impressive tv, and yet comparing it to my old (7 year) 42" Hitachi Directors Series Plasma (1080i), the picture is in my opinion not better. Different, but not better. Is this just down to my needing to do some calibration or other setting changes? Or was my old tv just that good and ahead of its time?
monk2580 is offline  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Panasonic Tcp65 65 Inch Vt25 3d Plasma Tv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off