Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 295 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #8821 of 14735 Old 12-20-2013, 07:11 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVKIK View Post

Your tv definitely looks off. Just out of curiosity, is there a window behind your set? The vt60 has been known to let light through the back panel and wash out spots on the screen. If no window and it looks like that in the dark, I would say there is a problem with your set. Other than that, I'm sorry, but can't help any further. Maybe someone else with more experience would know?? Good luck.

Are you talking about that cloudiness in the lower left hand quadrant? If so, is it always in that same spot?

Panasonic 2013 55VT60
Marantz SR-5005 AVR
B&W 805 Speakers
Velodyne 15" Sub
TiVO Roamo OTA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8822 of 14735 Old 12-20-2013, 08:00 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Hey guys,

Any input on my Netflix question? Is there a way to start the movie from the beginning without having to hold the rewind button on my ps3 controller for 20 minutes (obviously exaggerating the time.) Alls is ever says is "resume play" it never gives an option for "start from beginning". Is this do to the update? I don't use the app on the TV cuz it stinks. Only on my ps3.

On the IR talk...even for those saying they do not get IR, prolly get IR but do not care to see it so it is not seen. For those, like myself, who want to know if zero IR is possible then you will be looking all over the screen and like Sargon Said at that point you will
Prolly find flaws on too of the IR you find and will make you even crazier. Do yourself a favor, be careful with the TV like 100s have said here and ease into certain content, run your slides, and the screen wipe here and there. But overall someone did mention they don't care about getting IR, they do care about how well the TV can get rid of IR.(+1 btw for that guy) And from experience, if I notice IR it goes away pretty quickly even when just shifting through menus it helps it go away. But that's my experience. Haven't played games or any network stations or letterbox blu rays yet because I'm under 100 hours. I am
Being careful since I'm new to panasonic and used to the resilience of IR on my KURO. Thought it had excellent IR prevention, it's not to say it wasn't there at times but very minor if it was. Your talking a 5K TV compared to a 1800-2500$ TV. So for the price range the KURO shouldn't have any IR, as for the panasonic it is neck and neck with my 5020 (blacks and light output being a little better on 5020, can't comment on an elite vs vt60 though). And also it is a fantastic television at a steal of a
Price and handles everything quite well in my opinion.

Guess I've been taught something:

JUST ENJOY THE TV. Unless you have scratches or damage, don't worry
About all the other stuff like line bleed (normal on plasma), dithering (normal), IR (common and less now than ever before so it seems for most sets). And it sounds bad but they are very minor issues that most
Likely cannot be seen from normal
Enjoyable distances. I'm not saying if you can't see it don't worry about it, like my scratch situation, but don't let it drive you nuts if it falls in the category of Normal. This set is one fine piece of tech and glad I got one.

Edit: I have a 32 inch Samsung LCD, and though not the greatest it's great for gaming and the good thing about 32" TVs is they are cheap. So if you have a lot of worry and your a gamer and want some ease in your life about the worrY of IR. Pickup a small TV. It monitor for gaming (better response time as well). I am no longer a hardcore gamer, but I am still a hardcore madden head and playa seen a lot as well as watch football. Now football will go on my nice big 65" screen with varied content to help with IR, and if I feel my gaming sessions will go longer than an hour or two then I will play on my 32" NOT because I don't think the TV can't handle it, it's just a safer way for us OCD people to know the set it not susceptible for IR plus I really bought the TV to get the most out of my
Blu Rays and 3D material, don't get me wrong gaming is awesome on a huge screen but that's not why I bought it. I bought it for true content like blu rays not for playing COD. That's just my opinion, but to be completely honest most In here do everything I said without any issues (very high % IMO dont have a problem with all this material on their vt60)so it's all preference in the end. I've only seen a few with issues and at that they are pretty minor ones. I enjoy a 32" for gaming cuz when I game I'm right up on the screen lol. 65" is hard to be that close too. I can't fully
Comment on varies content since I'm still under 100 hours
post #8823 of 14735 Old 12-20-2013, 08:03 AM
fcb
Advanced Member

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by XBR11 View Post

I have had my 65VT60 for 11 days. Sept 2013 manufacture date. I did not run the slides. We mostly watch Comcast cable (probably at least 100 hours so far). I am using CNET's settings, except, that I am using WARM1 instead (because I think it makes the whites, whiter). Picture looks almost 3d which is great. Picture is a tad darker, which I kind of like, but the wife she isn't sold yet. Reds and blues and greens are beautiful and almost close to the eye-catching picture on LED (No I am not saying an LED is better). It is next to my 2 year old P58S2 (which is on an antenna. Note: CNET rated that tv as 'good'. Got the p58s2 settings from an AVSForum poster.).

BUT, and this is reason for my post, the yellows are not as good as they should look (imho). I am probably using the wrong terminology, but yellow looks under-saturated. Also, there is a hint of green in the yellow.

Any suggestions as to what settings tweaks I should try?

I have tried other built in settings, and DNices's settings, and other posted settings, and they were not as good and too dark for our taste. None anywhere as good as CNETs.

Several months down the line, might have to find the money for a pro calibration. (Atlanta, anyone?). But right now, I really want to completely love this tv, but I can't when a 'good' tv has better yellows than 'excellent' tv. Please help me.

Thanks ahead of time for your helpful suggestions.

The setting that you have entered are for someone else's tv, so they almost certainly won't match up perfectly with yours.
Try running THX mode, warm 1, and if you still have problems with yellow get back to us.

Fred

Don't make 'em like they used to, but charge you double price, promise you steak but give you beans and rice.
Just ain't enough good stuff!

Panasonic 65VT60

Yamaha RX-V3900

Ohm Walsh 200 Mk-2

Uverse

HP H8-1360T

post #8824 of 14735 Old 12-20-2013, 08:14 AM

Liked: 17
I've been following this thread for several weeks now and really appreciate the information here. I need some advice and maybe some help in being "talked off the ledge" so to speak.

My 65VT60 was delivered from Amazon on 12/7/13. I ran the slides, set the TV up on 12/14, and set up my Prof color settings with DNice's settings via ControlCal. The black are awesome...the picture is crystal clear on all content. However, I still feel that the picture is too dim, even on the Day settings of Contrast 90. Basketball and hockey games are very dim...almost like my eyes are squinting trying to pull the light to my eyes. I don't seem to have any problem with football, movies, etc...it all looks good. I think my main problem is that I still have a my VT25 in the bedroom and its brightness is almost a calming effect to watch after trying to pull in light from the VT60. Almost like the picture is given to me with out effort...and the VT60 picture requires effort to process. Even the Night setting on the VT25 is brighter than the day settings on the VT60.

I'm seriously considering sending my VT60 back because of this. I'm happy with it most of the time. but the lack of brightness during certain viewing is really getting to me. But then of course, what 65" TV would I buy to replace it that's close to equivalent? Everything else is much more expensive and I don't even think the ZT60 would help much. Its just sad that I would be happier now with a 65" VT25 than I would be with the VT60. I'm still kicking myself for not buying the 65VT25 when I had the chance.

Any advice, options, or talking me off the ledge is appreciated.....
post #8825 of 14735 Old 12-20-2013, 08:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Codeman,

Take a deep breath, don't look down, and back off from the edge of the cliff.

.....and take a look at your PMs in a few minutes.

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
post #8826 of 14735 Old 12-20-2013, 08:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 448
If brightness is your primary want and you want to stick with plasma the only real alternative is the F8500 imo

65VT60
55ST60
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
post #8827 of 14735 Old 12-20-2013, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 604
@Codeman. I run my contrast 60 and it is plenty bright. I don't watch hockey so don't know what you are seeing there but for everything I have watched so far I have yet to think the TV was dim.
post #8828 of 14735 Old 12-20-2013, 08:32 AM

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

All very interesting and helpful advice.
The only problem I see is that this all seems to be assuming the tv is the Master and I am but the humble servant.
Lets say just for a minute that this "relationship" becomes higher maintenance than Cindy Crawford. What if over time I become disillusioned with what the tv "teaches" me I can and cannot watch for certain specific amounts of time?
And if "monitoring" this relationship is a key then what are the consequences when it becomes unmonitored or less closely monitored? Say, for example, another less "learned" servant (wife or child perhaps) wants to have a brief relationship with the Master but doesnt fully understand what is expected of the servant? And isnt it also your burden and responsibility to pass along what you have learned from the Master to your less learned subjects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guvadc View Post

This is good!

I want to add some of my observations regarding IR and hours I've spent playing AC4 on the PS4. At first I thought things were good in that I was not getting any IR from extended playing sessions since it did not show up in normal viewing or on any white slides. Then I checked closer on the gray slides and found what I would call darker smudges from some of the white HUD elements in the lower left hand of the screen. These smudges were quite visible when viewing the gray slides from my seating position. I then ran the scrolling bar, pixel flipper, and used other methods to try and get rid of it. I did accomplish to reduce it to where I really can't see it from my seating position, but it is still there if I look closely at the screen. I've reconciled that it probably won't totally go away for a long time, but will still play the game as normal. Now when I'm done playing though, I set the timer on the TV for 90 minutes and run the scrolling bar before bed just to make my self feel better.

One thing I want to point out with this is that at first I thought I wasn't getting any IR from playing this game, but after closer inspection I was. There's a lot of discussion about some having IR and others not having IR. IMHO I feel that the discrepancy could be related to how one looks ( probably best that you don't as ignorance is bliss) for IR. I did not notice the IR from this game until I put up the gray slides as it was not visible with the white slides. Taking this even further, I have noticed the picture settings can either mask the IR or make it more visible. For example, if I change the picture mode to VIVID while viewing the slides the IR is invisible. When I change it to something like Cinema, the IR most visible. Also, when viewing the slides I had to make sure that the picture setting presets for the media player matched what I have set on my other inputs.

MATEY'S , 

If ye liek me posts, I pander,

For two thumbs up when ye take a gander!

AARRH!

-  Sargy

Matey's, If ye liek me posts, I pander,
for two thumbs up when ye take a gander! Aaarh! - Sargy
post #8829 of 14735 Old 12-20-2013, 08:36 AM

Liked: 12
Found some dust or something in my panel this morning going over it again. Not sure if this is worth worrying about. It looks about the size of a pixel, and I can't see it from 6+ feet away. Water under the bridge?

post #8830 of 14735 Old 12-20-2013, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinate View Post

Found some dust or something in my panel this morning going over it again. Not sure if this is worth worrying about. It looks about the size of a pixel, and I can't see it from 6+ feet away. Water under the bridge?

I personally wouldn't worry about it. If you have to get up really close to see it (it looks like you are only a few inches away from the screen when you took the picture), I wouldn't mess with a swap. Can you see it from under 6 feet away (going by what you mentioned about 6 feet plus)?
post #8831 of 14735 Old 12-20-2013, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinate View Post

I am beginning to think this is normal on this TV. Since I posted about some others have also seen it.

I am getting mine swapped out today, waiting on delivery now. I had it in around 6 different places. I also have terrible lip sync issues so I wanted to see if the TV was actually defective. I wouldn't worry about it and if this next one has it I will be fine with it as long as it is not all over the panel.
post #8832 of 14735 Old 12-20-2013, 09:00 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jconjason View Post

Id love to suggest the VT, but from the sound of your environment, it might not be your best option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamouflage View Post

I'd go with the F8500 to have the brightness during the day and the black levels at night. And make sure you read through the F8500 Owner's Thread. There should be someone with a similar setup who can let you know how the set fares in real world viewing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3w View Post

I live on the coast in northern California. My 65VT60 is mounted on the southern wall in a room with a bank of west facing windows. So there's a lot of daylight but no direct sunlight until late in the afternoon. For afternoon football, I watch using THX Bright Room or another setting customized (e.g. Dnice, Sound and Vision) for daytime use. I'm happy with it. Of course when nighttime rolls it's a whole other story. It's like magic. I looked at both the VT and 8500 for a long time before pulling the trigger. I think I would've been happy with either one but then the VT prices dropped and I jumped on it. Subjectively speaking, I think the VT looks more like my 5080 that it replaced. It's a shame you can't see them before you buy. That's not a leap of faith I could take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dislocatedday View Post

While I have the VT60, by the description of the room in which you will place the new TV, I think you are better off with the F8500. If I had a room with floor to ceiling windows and wanted to watch sports during the day with a lot of sunlight present, I would in all likelihood have bought the F8500.

I wanted to thank you guys for the help and input with my questions. I actually decided to go with a 65" VT60! Really excited -- scheduled to be delivered on the 27th. I saw an ST60 at Best Buy, and even under the fluorescent lighting was blown away by the picture. Beat all the high end LCDs in stock, imo, even under the bright lights. Since I couldn't see an F8500 in person and was so impressed by the lower end Panny, and my viewing will probably be 80% in the evening anyway, I couldn't justify paying an extra $900 for the F8500.

Crossing my fingers. Will let you guys know how it looks after I get settled back in after the holidays. Off to the speaker forums now ;).

post #8833 of 14735 Old 12-20-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTR View Post

I personally wouldn't worry about it. If you have to get up really close to see it (it looks like you are only a few inches away from the screen when you took the picture), I wouldn't mess with a swap. Can you see it from under 6 feet away (going by what you mentioned about 6 feet plus)?

I can see it at about 5 feet if I back up slowly from 2-3ft with slides running. I doubt it would be as easy to see with actual content. I think I'm just going to leave it.
Donat76 likes this.
post #8834 of 14735 Old 12-20-2013, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by windomearle View Post

I've started running the slides and did notice some IR on the white slide initially. It seemed to be from some of the boxes from the Vierra menu but it seems to be gone now. Hopefully it doesn't mean I have a more IR-prone unit. I guess part of being a Plasma owner is worrying about IR!

The way they force you to go through all the initial set-up BS before you can start running slides pretty much guarantees most people will experience some IR from the Viera menu boxes. Likely nothing to worry about.
post #8835 of 14735 Old 12-20-2013, 10:31 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I think the auto brightness limiter is bugging you based on the mention of hockey games. You can't change any setting to get rid of it unfotunatley. The ZTs will have it too. So if you cant live with that limitation, you need to send it back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman00 View Post

I've been following this thread for several weeks now and really appreciate the information here. I need some advice and maybe some help in being "talked off the ledge" so to speak.

My 65VT60 was delivered from Amazon on 12/7/13. I ran the slides, set the TV up on 12/14, and set up my Prof color settings with DNice's settings via ControlCal. The black are awesome...the picture is crystal clear on all content. However, I still feel that the picture is too dim, even on the Day settings of Contrast 90. Basketball and hockey games are very dim...almost like my eyes are squinting trying to pull the light to my eyes. I don't seem to have any problem with football, movies, etc...it all looks good. I think my main problem is that I still have a my VT25 in the bedroom and its brightness is almost a calming effect to watch after trying to pull in light from the VT60. Almost like the picture is given to me with out effort...and the VT60 picture requires effort to process. Even the Night setting on the VT25 is brighter than the day settings on the VT60.

I'm seriously considering sending my VT60 back because of this. I'm happy with it most of the time. but the lack of brightness during certain viewing is really getting to me. But then of course, what 65" TV would I buy to replace it that's close to equivalent? Everything else is much more expensive and I don't even think the ZT60 would help much. Its just sad that I would be happier now with a 65" VT25 than I would be with the VT60. I'm still kicking myself for not buying the 65VT25 when I had the chance.

Any advice, options, or talking me off the ledge is appreciated.....
post #8836 of 14735 Old 12-20-2013, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post

Codeman,

Take a deep breath, don't look down, and back off from the edge of the cliff.

.....and take a look at your PMs in a few minutes.

Thanks Jim. I hope I can get something worked out. It must only be my settings because everyone else seems very happy with the VT60. I was assured that the VT60 was just as bright at the VT25...but with DNice settings on the VT60, it isn't close to as bright, even with a contrast of 60.

Eric, thanks too for the info.
post #8837 of 14735 Old 12-20-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpjb View Post

I think the auto brightness limiter is bugging you based on the mention of hockey games. You can't change any setting to get rid of it unfotunatley. The ZTs will have it too. So if you cant live with that limitation, you need to send it back.

So did the VT25 not have this auto brightness limiter? Or is this a new thing to prevent IR? That being said, I think the hockey game I was watching last night was a darker feed than normal. I just find that sometimes what is probably real just doesn't look bright enough on the VT60....and there's nothing I can do to make it brighter.
post #8838 of 14735 Old 12-20-2013, 11:23 AM

Liked: 99
Man reading some of these posts in the last few days is like déjà vu...I feel like it was me posting lol. Glad to see I wasn't being nuts about the dirt under the screen, but not glad it's happened to you guys. I was also a culprit for dirt under the screen. Refunded by Pauls went with Amazon and the new set is perfect. Some of us had to really go through a lot to get a good set as glad we lucked out!! My guess is that, just like Pioneer, that since they are leaving the biz that QC is also diminishing.
post #8839 of 14735 Old 12-20-2013, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoellAlex View Post

8 feet more or less depending on where you sit. The main seat is 8 feet though. 60 inch tv.

The picture was probably taken at 6 feet because I was standing up and holding my arm forward, but the tv picture has the same furry look at both distances.

Not sure if the Breaking Bad shot is blu-ray. If you are able to post a blu-ray still do that. Tonight, when lighting conditions are better I will take a couple pictures of Toy Story 3 and Game of Thrones and post them.

I don't know what camera you used or the settings, which can have an effect on picture quality, but if the picture you posted looks like it does to you with the naked eye it does seem like there is a lot of noise. One of the things I noticed about my 60VT60 was how much less dithering there was compared to the ST50. I can only see it - using Toy Story as the example - from 4 feet max on dark images. It's very subtle at that difference. The difference between 3 and 4 ft, even 3 1/2 and 4 ft is substantial. On lighter or brighter colored scenes dithering is more difficult to see and requires me to be super close to detect. The other thing I noticed on the VT60 was how much smaller the dithering particles are in comparison to the ST50. On the dark scenes in Toys Story 3 the dithering particles are a pale, pastel green.

Later on when I check Game of Thrones - and post my pictures - I'll report on the dithering. I remember last year when I watched Thrones on the ST50 the dithering on dark scenes was red and very noticeable up to 4-5 feet.
post #8840 of 14735 Old 12-20-2013, 12:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Oakley View Post

The Truth About ARC

Since topics tend to repeat themselves here, I figured I would repeat the ARC information I posted on a dedicated thread here too for when it comes around again:

Originally Posted by Scott Oakley View Post

Sorry to take so long getting back to this....I heard from the HDMI society just last night. The answers to the above two items, from Panasonic and HDMI are:

* Yes, ARC will pass the same 5.1 formats as SPDIF (Dolby and DTS).
* Yes, Panasonic TVs (at least 2013 models) will pass ARC audio from one TV port to another.

Scott

One more clarification:

* Per HDMI society, ARC does NOT support DTS HD Master Audio or Dolby TrueHD.

To add to what you've said Scott::

I know the subject of soundbars has been considered taboo here lately but I wanted to add a related cnet article regarding surround sound optical output and different HDTVS. In short- it doesn't look good for Panasonic but should not be a deal breaker by any means.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7-57615451-221/20-tvs-tested-which-sets-can-pass-surround-sound-to-a-sound-bar/
post #8841 of 14735 Old 12-20-2013, 12:34 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVKIK View Post

Your tv definitely looks off. Just out of curiosity, is there a window behind your set? The vt60 has been known to let light through the back panel and wash out spots on the screen. If no window and it looks like that in the dark, I would say there is a problem with your set. Other than that, I'm sorry, but can't help any further. Maybe someone else with more experience would know?? Good luck.

Nope no window behind it. That picture was taken in the dark at about 5 or 6 am. I think I will contact Amazon now.

post #8842 of 14735 Old 12-20-2013, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3Orion View Post

Not sure if the Breaking Bad shot is blu-ray. If you are able to post a blu-ray still do that. Tonight, when lighting conditions are better I will take a couple pictures of Toy Story 3 and Game of Thrones and post them.

I don't know what camera you used or the settings, which can have an effect on picture quality, but if the picture you posted looks like it does to you with the naked eye it does seem like there is a lot of noise. One of the things I noticed about my 60VT60 was how much less dithering there was compared to the ST50. I can only see it - using Toy Story as the example - from 4 feet max on dark images. It's very subtle at that difference. The difference between 3 and 4 ft, even 3 1/2 and 4 ft is substantial. On lighter or brighter colored scenes dithering is more difficult to see and requires me to be super close to detect. The other thing I noticed on the VT60 was how much smaller the dithering particles are in comparison to the ST50. On the dark scenes in Toys Story 3 the dithering particles are a pale, pastel green.

Later on when I check Game of Thrones - and post my pictures - I'll report on the dithering. I remember last year when I watched Thrones on the ST50 the dithering on dark scenes was red and very noticeable up to 4-5 feet.

Thanks, I look forward to your post.

The Breaking Bad shot was Netflix. The camera I used isn't especially good, but I feel like the picture I posted is a good representation of what I am seeing on screen. From what you are saying, from 8 feet away, I shouldn't be seeing this type of noise. I want to blame the quality of the content, but if Blu-ray is the only thing that looks decent, then I wouldn't see so many reviews saying they watch Netflix with jaw dropping pictures and the like.

I'm going to contact Amazon, and see if I can get a replacement. Then I will know for sure if I am seeing what I am supposed to be seeing.

Edit: Just called they are going to come by and drop one off and pick up mine on about the 30th. Crossing my fingers that this is just a weird screwy set.

post #8843 of 14735 Old 12-20-2013, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

What was the date of the fan fix? July 2013? I just received my replacement VT60 and the date is Aug 2013. Curious if this month had the fix.
post #8844 of 14735 Old 12-20-2013, 12:49 PM

Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

What was the date of the fan fix? July 2013? I just received my replacement VT60 and the date is Aug 2013. Curious if this month had the fix.

You should be able to visually see the foam surrounding the cooling fans if you look with a flashlight. I think August and later builds have the fan fix. My September build that I just received has it.

post #8845 of 14735 Old 12-20-2013, 12:56 PM

Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeLfMaDe111985 View Post

Hey guys,

Any input on my Netflix question?s

You are cross posting to different threads. It sounds like you're using your playstation for Netflix, no the VT60. You need to ask in a different forum and thread for advice on that piece of hardware as the implementation is likely different cross platforms.

post #8846 of 14735 Old 12-20-2013, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by lentiman View Post

You should be able to visually see the foam surrounding the cooling fans if you look with a flashlight. I think August and later builds have the fan fix. My September build that I just received has it.

Specifically, you will see foam around all four sides of each fan with or without the fan fix. That foam is not the fan fix. The foam strips that are installed as the fan fix are stuck to the gray metal surface behind each fan.
eric3316 likes this.
post #8847 of 14735 Old 12-20-2013, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lentiman View Post

Is there a picture with and without?
post #8848 of 14735 Old 12-20-2013, 01:21 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCriss View Post

Well, to be fair, he did add value by agreeing with Sage that my desire to use a sound bar is stupid because http://www.amazon.com/Energy-Classic-Theater-System-Black/dp/B001202C44soundbars suck....LOL. I kid , I kid.

Seriously though. Let me ask this: if the choice is between a sound bar with a sub, and a pair of bookshelf speakers with no sub, what bookshelf speakers would you all recommend?

(And this belongs in this Vt60 thread because.........uh............ it will enhance by VT60 viewing experience!!. Yea, that's it!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Im one of the people that agreed with him that soundbars suck too. That being said...
A subwoofer is practically essential for a decent HT today. Given that choice I would get a soundbar and a sub.
But theres no reason that should be your only choice. Get a fairly cheap pair of speakers ($100) and a cheap sub ($100). If you shop wisely you will get something much better than a soundbar.
Or even better save for a month or whatever and get even better speakers and sub. You can always start out with 2 speakers and add something from time to time. A sub. Then a center. Then surrounds.

Take a look

Give this a look. Great setup for your budget.

http://www.amazon.com/Energy-Classic-Theater-System-Black/dp/B001202C44
post #8849 of 14735 Old 12-20-2013, 01:24 PM

It's probably dust during production, I had the same thing when I got a VT30. Call it in and they will send a tech out to fix the problem. It's a simple fix.

quote name="tinate" url="/t/1467563/official-panasonic-vt60-vt65-series-discussion-thread-no-street-price-talk/8820#post_24098563"]Found some dust or something in my panel this morning going over it again. Not sure if this is worth worrying about. It looks about the size of a pixel, and I can't see it from 6+ feet away. Water under the bridge?

[/quote]
post #8850 of 14735 Old 12-20-2013, 01:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexusdoan View Post

Take a look

Give this a look. Great setup for your budget.

http://www.amazon.com/Energy-Classic-Theater-System-Black/dp/B001202C44
Those were ok when going for $249. Ive even seen it for $199. But I wouldnt pay $350.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Panasonic Tcp65 65 Inch Vt25 3d Plasma Tv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page