Originally Posted by eric3316
So with the crazy deals that Amazon and Buy had recently we will probably see some new faces in this thread. I thought I would put together a little quick over view of things that have been asked often in here and although this post will probably get lost quickly maybe it will help out a few folks with their new VT60 and maybe comfort a few in knowing your set is not defective. If I forget some common things please feel free to add.
This is an awesome post and a great resource for newbies.
I've had my 65VT60 for about a month and have been really enjoying it. I did end up having replace my set once because the uniformity on it was pretty bad. It was noticeable even in real content. Through the replacement, I did actually observe the following small variations between my two sets (original produced Oct'13, new one Aug'13):
- my old set suffered from uniformity issues that extended beyond the slides.. my new one has slight uniformity issues exactly as eric3316 described, and is rarely, if ever noticeable in real content
- i never noticed my original set buzzing, but my new one definitely does.. i can sometimes hear it when my tv is muted (yes, sometimes i watch tv muted when my daughter naps), but it's really subtle and not a big deal
- both seemed to have the fan fix.. the fan is by no means silent but it's not loud and rarely can be heard when the audio is at even a low level
- both sets performed well in this regard, but short-term IR is definitely a thing, but doesn't seem much to worry about
- dirty screen effect
- my original set had much, much worse DSE than my replacement set. kind of a bummer that it's a bit of the luck of the draw here.. either way, it wasn't THAT bad on my original set anyway.
Anyway, this is a fantastic set, and I think eric did a great job of capturing the most common questions/issues.
Having said that, I have one strange question. I noticed the first time I started up my new VT60, I could see some fuzzy static on the screen for literally less than 1 second. It fuzzed and dissipated very shortly. I've notice that the first time I start up the TV each day, I can see this fuzz. It's so short-lived that it never interferes with content -- it's gone long before the TV gets a signal from my receiver. I'm just a little concerned because my original set didn't do this. And I'm worried this could become a bigger problem. Has anyone seen this with their TV? Is this just a normal static discharge from when the TV hasn't been turned on for a while? Or is this the start of a bigger problem? And to be clear, I don't ever notice this issue after the initial startup of the TV... just curious...