Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 364 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #10891 of 14931 Old 01-18-2014, 02:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My VT60 is a Sept build and the fan noise is there but doesn't distract me too much. I just had a look at the fans with my iphone 'torch' and can see foam surrounding the fan but can't see anything through the fans except silver. Does this sound like it has the fix?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10892 of 14931 Old 01-18-2014, 04:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1981 View Post

I ran into a real problem tonight. When I went to Apps, YouTube would not fully load. It went from "loading" to a blue screen and then a solid white screen and just hung there. I couldn't fully exit out of the app either. The set's response to the remote began to get delayed and wonky as well. I ended up having to do a factory reset and start from scratch. The reset did solve the problems but now I'll have redo the settings that I've been experimenting with. Geez!
Even powering off the TV and then back on again didn't fix the problem? Just sounds like the software had an issue which is usually fixed with powering the TV off.
post #10893 of 14931 Old 01-18-2014, 04:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickydenim View Post

My VT60 is a Sept build and the fan noise is there but doesn't distract me too much. I just had a look at the fans with my iphone 'torch' and can see foam surrounding the fan but can't see anything through the fans except silver. Does this sound like it has the fix?
It should have the fixed based on the month but the foam you need to see is under the fan. You need to look really carefully and you should be able to see a strip of foam....

Look at my picture below and you can see the foam strip under the fan on the left side:

imageshack.us/photo/my-images/577/mnt3.jpg/]
post #10894 of 14931 Old 01-18-2014, 04:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1981 View Post

I ran into a real problem tonight. When I went to Apps, YouTube would not fully load. It went from "loading" to a blue screen and then a solid white screen and just hung there. I couldn't fully exit out of the app either. The set's response to the remote began to get delayed and wonky as well. I ended up having to do a factory reset and start from scratch. The reset did solve the problems but now I'll have redo the settings that I've been experimenting with. Geez!
Honestly the Panasonic apps never impressed me, plus on my VT50 I had it calibrated and then firmware came out so I refused the firmware and the set would not let me run any apps because it knew I was down level. Personally I prefer a dumb TV for apps I rely on my Roku.
post #10895 of 14931 Old 01-18-2014, 05:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post

I did the fan fix myself on my 65VT60 and afterward it was very difficult to tell if the fans were working. I could no longer hear them and couldn't feel any airflow. Anyway, since my TV is wall mounted, I grabbed a handheld mirror and a flashlight so I could look directly at the fans while starting up the TV. Using this method I was able to see the fans spin up and verify that they're indeed working.

What was involved with the fan fix? Did you find it difficult, time-consuming, etc? Were the instructions clear?

Panasonic 2013 55VT60
Marantz SR-5005 AVR
B&W 805 Speakers
Velodyne 15" Sub
TiVO Roamo OTA
post #10896 of 14931 Old 01-18-2014, 05:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus View Post

I have a Marantz NR-1504 and I pass everything thru the receiver to the TV connected at HDMI 2.

Me too. This is the correct way to do it. Although lots of people on here are resorting to an optical cable, that should not be necessary. The fix is usually in the TV menus (Vierra, Apps Settings, etc).

Panasonic 2013 55VT60
Marantz SR-5005 AVR
B&W 805 Speakers
Velodyne 15" Sub
TiVO Roamo OTA
post #10897 of 14931 Old 01-18-2014, 05:36 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Finally got mine hooked up and the picture is stunning. Either my samsung dlp wasn't as great as I thought, or I wasn't expecting enough because I am blown away by the upgrade. The panel is plenty bright once you get it out of standard mode. I am currently using THX cinema but I am drawn to THX bright room and find myself constantly switching and comparing. Once the 100 hour safety zone is over I will try and dial in the settings.
post #10898 of 14931 Old 01-18-2014, 05:46 AM

Liked: 11
What size UPS's are you guys using ? I have a 425VA that I used on my last plasma without a problem but with my VT65 my UPS keeps beeping when my TV is on. The only other thing I have plugged into the battery is my Tivo.
post #10899 of 14931 Old 01-18-2014, 06:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Liked: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmorage View Post

Finally got mine hooked up and the picture is stunning. Either my samsung dlp wasn't as great as I thought, or I wasn't expecting enough because I am blown away by the upgrade. The panel is plenty bright once you get it out of standard mode. I am currently using THX cinema but I am drawn to THX bright room and find myself constantly switching and comparing. Once the 100 hour safety zone is over I will try and dial in the settings.

I really love DLP screens but, yes, once you see the contrast you were missing it's hard to go back.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
post #10900 of 14931 Old 01-18-2014, 06:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

It should have the fixed based on the month but the foam you need to see is under the fan. You need to look really carefully and you should be able to see a strip of foam....

Look at my picture below and you can see the foam strip under the fan on the left side:

imageshack.us/photo/my-images/577/mnt3.jpg/]

Great pic-thanks. It really helped me home in on what everyone means when they say "fan fix." My specifics:
* VT60, June2013 build.
* There is 1/4" (maybe a tad larger) foam surround which goes around the outside of the fan housing in a square. It sits between the fan housing and the rear panel The picture shows this real well, but if you take a flashlight and aim directly into the vented fan enclosure so the beam hits the center of the fan itself, you will set it clearly. Now that I've seen it, its really not big deal and kinda cheap to my eyes. But hey, if it works, great!
* I've got about 300 hours on my set and I've never heard fan noise. But, being in Phoenix, I'm pretty sure the fans will get a workout eventually.
Scott

Panasonic 2013 55VT60
Marantz SR-5005 AVR
B&W 805 Speakers
Velodyne 15" Sub
TiVO Roamo OTA
post #10901 of 14931 Old 01-18-2014, 06:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonestert View Post

What size UPS's are you guys using ? I have a 425VA that I used on my last plasma without a problem but with my VT65 my UPS keeps beeping when my TV is on. The only other thing I have plugged into the battery is my Tivo.

I'd recommend upgrading to an honest-to-goodness power conditioner. I tried using an UPS prior and I found them an ill fit for my HT: the benefits of the battery were slim in my application and the unit was power hungry and, contrary to it's purpose, noisy (the RF kind). I ended up investing in an APC H15 power conditioner and have never looked back. IMO, the APC is far better suited to an HT application and is much more confidence inspiring in it's construction and lack of interference.

--Carl Sagan
post #10902 of 14931 Old 01-18-2014, 06:32 AM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by fight4yu View Post

I believe it is in one of the pamplets that got shipped with the TV, and I am not sure there is any setting needed. Just download remote2 to your iphone, make sure they are on the same network, and then go to swipe and share. It is not using bluetooth or DLNA.
Great! Thanks!!
post #10903 of 14931 Old 01-18-2014, 06:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

I'd recommend upgrading to an honest-to-goodness power conditioner. I tried using an UPS prior and I found them an ill fit for my HT: the benefits if the battery were slim in my application and the unit was power hungry and, contrary to it's purpose, noisy (the RF kind). I ended up investing in an APC H15 power conditioner and have never looked back. IMO, the APC is far better suited to a HT application and is much more confidence inspiring in it's construction and lack of interference.

I agree. UPSs can offer back-up power but the protection they offer differs widely. In the case of electronics (with the exception of data storage), protection trumps back-up power every day of the week. I've had excellent luck with Panamax, with three (one for a/v system, two for audio systems). The biggest thing is: You want to plug ALL your devices into it. So you need to carefully count up the number of outlets you need, add a factor for expansion and search possibly here for something you can afford:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_6?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=panamax&sprefix=panamx%2Caps%2C279&rh=n%3A172282%2Ck%3Apanamax

Also, you'll want at least one or two receptacles that are hot all the time (DVR, Satellite Box, etc). So include them in your search.

Panasonic 2013 55VT60
Marantz SR-5005 AVR
B&W 805 Speakers
Velodyne 15" Sub
TiVO Roamo OTA
post #10904 of 14931 Old 01-18-2014, 06:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Oakley View Post

Great pic-thanks. It really helped me home in on what everyone means when they say "fan fix." My specifics:
* VT60, June2013 build.
* There is 1/4" (maybe a tad larger) foam surround which goes around the outside of the fan housing in a square. It sits between the fan housing and the rear panel The picture shows this real well, but if you take a flashlight and aim directly into the vented fan enclosure so the beam hits the center of the fan itself, you will set it clearly. Now that I've seen it, its really not big deal and kinda cheap to my eyes. But hey, if it works, great!
* I've got about 300 hours on my set and I've never heard fan noise. But, being in Phoenix, I'm pretty sure the fans will get a workout eventually.
Scott
Yeah, I believe every panel will have the foam on the outside of the fan, it is the foam that is located under it that is the fix and can be a little harder to see.
post #10905 of 14931 Old 01-18-2014, 06:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 102
Quote:

425VA is a bit weak, the TV draws about 200-300 watts all the time, I would goo 700VA. Personally I use a 1500VA for the TV so if the lights go I have a few minutes to see if they come back. My Receiver, Dish DVR, Roku and Oppo are on their own 1500VA UPS as well. My SVS Ultra Sub has a line conditioner on it since it can draw considerable power and most UPSes would not deal with i well as the Amp is rated at like 750 watts, but it surges at times when calling up deep lows.

Additionally I have a whole house surge suppressor on my electrical panel.
post #10906 of 14931 Old 01-18-2014, 06:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:

Quote:

I'm currently using a Monster HTS 3500 power conditioner but thinking about buying a Panamax. What's the shelf life of these products?
post #10907 of 14931 Old 01-18-2014, 07:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Yeah, I believe every panel will have the foam on the outside of the fan, it is the foam that is located under it that is the fix and can be a little harder to see.

Oh, my mistake. Its exactly as your original note stated-its in front of the van (front being towards the screen) and can be seen between the fan blades on the left side in your pic. Sorry and thanks.

So, I do NOT have that foam on my June build...crap.

Does anyone have the SPECIFIC number for Panasonic tech to come out and retrofit the fan fix???

Thank you.

Panasonic 2013 55VT60
Marantz SR-5005 AVR
B&W 805 Speakers
Velodyne 15" Sub
TiVO Roamo OTA
post #10908 of 14931 Old 01-18-2014, 07:15 AM

Liked: 31
What are the benefits of a Power Conditioner? And how can I tell if I need one or not?
post #10909 of 14931 Old 01-18-2014, 07:36 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Breakin Slides. Need some help
My 60VT60 will arrive next week. I want to use breakin slides as I did last year for my GT50. However D-Nice's slides are contained in a zip file folder and my OPPO 103 and GT50 can't read a zip file for photos. Can anyone help me with this.
post #10910 of 14931 Old 01-18-2014, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Oh, my mistake. Its exactly as your original note stated-its in front of the van (front being towards the screen) and can be seen between the fan blades on the left side in your pic. Sorry and thanks.

So, I do NOT have that foam on my June build...crap.

Does anyone have the SPECIFIC number for Panasonic tech to come out and retrofit the fan fix???

Thank you.
Is your fan loud? If not, I wouldn't bother unless it is loud enough to bother you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiophileWalt View Post

My 60VT60 will arrive next week. I want to use breakin slides as I did last year for my GT50. However D-Nice's slides are contained in a zip file folder and my OPPO 103 and GT50 can't read a zip file for photos. Can anyone help me with this.
You need to unzip the file.
post #10911 of 14931 Old 01-18-2014, 07:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBR11 View Post

What are the benefits of a Power Conditioner? And how can I tell if I need one or not?

There is plenty of information available on this-just Google it. In short, its a device designed as a sort of gateway for power coming out of the wall, before the power gets to any of your sensitive electronics. It can "smooth" out the power, eliminating surges and regulate the power to maintain a constant voltage. Plenty more to it, just look it up.

Panasonic 2013 55VT60
Marantz SR-5005 AVR
B&W 805 Speakers
Velodyne 15" Sub
TiVO Roamo OTA
post #10912 of 14931 Old 01-18-2014, 07:52 AM

Liked: 31
Quote:

So with the crazy deals that Amazon and Buy had recently we will probably see some new faces in this thread. I thought I would put together a little quick over view of things that have been asked often in here and although this post will probably get lost quickly maybe it will help out a few folks with their new VT60 and maybe comfort a few in knowing your set is not defective. If I forget some common things please feel free to add.

1. If you see something that looks like little dots moving all around your TV when you are up close, this is called dithering and is normal for plasma's. It will be stronger when the TV is new and will get better with usage. Also certain settings can also improve this.

2. You will have a line all around your screen that will never fill up with the picture. This spot where you will never see pixels is how your TV should look.

3. Do I need to run slides to break in the TV? The short answer is absolutely not. It is said that the first 100 hours of use would be considered a break in period for a plasma. So you want to avoid leaving static logos on for too long or watching wide screen content with black bars. As long as you are careful and mix up your viewing habits you should be fine. This is just a way to break in your panel evenly. The good thing with slides is you are able to leave them run to put hours on your TV without worrying about anything that can give you IR or burn-in. So if you want to hit 100 hours quickly then you can run the slides when you are not watching the TV. For wide screen movies you can zoom in on the picture to fill up the screen in case there is something you really want to watch.

Will anything happen to your panel if you have black bars on it, nope. Also, breaking in the panel will not help with IR later on. You can get IR at 500 hours 1,000 hours and more. Nothing you do in the beginning will effect IR later on. Just be smart and pay attention to how you treat your TV. If you have something static on for a long time, clear it up before watching the same thing again. You can run the screen wipe, run slides or pickup the Disney WOW disc which has a pixel flipper to help clear up IR. It is also recommended to keep contrast down in the first 100 hours except when running slides. People run slides at 100 contrast.

4. I want to run DNICE settings and he said I have to run slides for 100 hours before I do anything else. I really wish DNICE would change his posts about this. Running slides for 100 hours and putting his settings in will not yield you the same results as his or a real calibration. Do not waste you time. DNICE himself said he needed to re-calibrate the TV at 300 hours because everything was not stabilized 100 hours even so feel free to try his settings right from the start or anyone else's for that matter. Just be aware each TV has it's own characteristics and while a setting might look good on 1 person's VT60 it might look terrible on yours. If it looks good to you, then that is all that really matters. Remember, this is not a substitute for a pro calibration though.

5. I see banding and a pink hue on the sides of the screen while running slides. It is all normal It is very rare your screen will look pristine with no marks on a slide and the more you use the TV the more things you might notice on white slides. We all have, don't stress. You will never see it while watching content and if you didn't run slides you would not even know any of this existed. If you think about exchanging for these reasons, just know your next one will have it also so you are wasting your time. (DavidHir comment about the pink hue - that pink hue to a large extent is simply red being pushed too much in the greyscale. It might worsen gradually simply because Panasonics tend drift over time like all displays but especially red. A proper cal will take care of most if not all of it, but isn't really noticeable during viewing anyway as you stated unless it gets moderately bad)

6. You might notice dirt inside the screen up on the glass. You really have to search for it and catch it on the right angle. I suggest you do not go looking for it because there is probably something there. I only noticed it by accident or otherwise would have never scene it. It might even make you think you have a bad pixel if you spot it. You can turn your TV off, and use an LED flashlight to see if it is dirt or a dead pixel. If it is dirt it will show a shadow onto the panel from the light. Again, don't go looking for it but if you spot it, I have had 2 VT60's from different months and both of them have it and others have posted about it is well. I am betting a lot more people have it then they know but have never caught it.

7. If you are hooking a sound system, you need to go into apps and veira link to enable it if it is not working. I do not have a sound system but this has been mentioned many times here.

8. Turn off motion smoother in the settings if it is on. It will only enhance bad motion and give you the soap opera effect.

9. If you watch in standard mode it will look very dim. Raise the contrast to 100 and wait a few seconds and the TV will get bright in that mode. Lower it down and it will dim again and you will need to redo the step. Again, this is only for higher brightness in Standard mode.

10. Loud fans. It is said that August and greater builds have the fix. If you look at the fan with a flashlight on the back of your TV, if you have the fix you will see a strip of foam underneath the fan. It is not the foam on top of it so you really need to get in there and look. If you do not have the fix Panasonic covers this and will send a tech to install the fix for you.

11. Loud Buzzing. If you TV buzzes while running slides, especially the white screen it is normal and okay, especially t a high contrast level. That will get better as the panel ages but the VT60 really has no audible buzz when watching regular content so do not judge the sound on a white slide with no sound in the room.

12. Lots of artifacts in dark scenes while watching cable TV. This is due to your cable provider compressing the signal. It effects dark scenes and blacks the most. You will not see this on a blu ray or good quality source.

13. Check the hours on your TV. Menu/Help/Verision - Status 4 will be your hours.

14. Enable Professional1 and Professional2 setting modes - Menu/Setup. Scroll to Professional Mode - Turn On - You will know had 2 more modes to enter settings in.

15. Shut off ads - Menu/Setup/Display Customization - Turn Smart Viera Banner Off.

16. Aspect Ratios (Format) - Set to full for 1 to 1 pixel ration and the true size of the picture. Just will stretch you picture. There is also a an Overscan setting in the picture settings that is used to get rid of static lines from certain station that do not have the correct aspect ratio's and haven't update their station for HD TV's. If you go through different settings and see the picture stretch then Overscan is probably turned on in that mode. Just disable it in the settings menu.

17.Pixel Orbitor - On means on and auto means off. Most people here like it on auto so it doesn't mess with their picture. Can't say if on really will help with IR but that is it's intention.

18. Android Apps:
- Panasonic TV Remote 2 (Allows you to control the TV and also enter in settings. Can stream videos and pictures from your phone to the TV.
- iMediaShare, ShareOn Video, Home DIA - Also streams videos and pictures from your phone to the TV.

19. Line Bleed - You might notice a line across your screen when at times. For example, if you had a rectangle on you screen, you might see a faint line going across the entire screen from the the rectangle. You won't notice this 99% during viewing but if you do see something like this, there is nothing you can do about, it is inherent of the technology.

20. To get to your USB drive or SD Card that is plugged into the TV - There is a button right on the remote control to bring you directly there.

21. If you forget to put the plastic piece on the stand that is hidden away in the box, don't worry it offers no support, it is just cosmetic. Not worth moving the TV to put this piece on.

22. Brightness pops while watching Hockey. If you are someone that watches hockey you might notice your screen flashing during the game. This happens from the photography flash that is taking place at the game and will cause your screen to flash. I do not watch hockey so can't tell you how bad it actually is but it is a common complaint with plasmas. I know the Samsung F8500 supposedly has improved in the way it handles this but to what extent I do not know.

23. Logging off of Netflix in you need to return your TV or sign in with another account. Go to Netflix, and once logged in enter the following sequence on your remote directional pad. Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right Up Up Up Up

24. DSE - Dirt Screen Effect. Kind of hard to explain but once you see it you will understand it. When the screen pans it kind of looks like everything is behind a dirty screen. Can vary from panel to panel. It has not been noticeable on my current panel but if you see something that resembles this, this is what it is.

25. If you own a PS3 and never used a 3D TV before. The PS3 needs to recognize the 3D TV. Hold down the power button for a little bit on the system and it will beep a couple of times, then let it boot up and will recognize your TV as 3D. I do not know how other systems handle it.

26. Your VT60 will click a couple of times when it powers on and it will click when it powers of.

Settings to try and slides to download:

DNICE Slides and Settings:
http://www.controlcal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=939

SillySally:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1466472/2013-panasonic-settings-issues-thread/1110#post_23439581

CNET:
http://forums.cnet.com/7723-19410_102-592352/panasonic-tc-p60vt60-picture-settings/

Sound & Vision:
http://www.soundandvision.com/content/panasonic-tc-p65vt60-3d-plasma-hdtv-settings

Plasma TV Buying Guide
http://reviews.*******************.com/panasonic-plasma-tv/panasonic-vt60-picture-settings.html
Change the stars to "plasma tv buying guide" without the quotes and spaces to get the work to link. AVS does not like that site because of past issues.

AVS Calibration Disc
http://www.avsforum.com/t/948496/avs-hd-709-blu-ray-mp4-calibration

There is probably more to add to this but that is enough typing for me right now and sorry for the grammer and spelling....lol

If others want to continue to add things they have seen come up a lot it might help some of the VT60 or Plasma noobs out.

This is a great post and definitely deserves to be its own thread. How do we get that to happen? Should something be added to talk about updating the tv's software/firmware (I forget what its called)? And is it ever possible to learn what they put into these updates?
post #10913 of 14931 Old 01-18-2014, 07:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Is your fan loud? If not, I wouldn't bother unless it is loud enough to bother you.
You need to unzip the file.

Actually I don't think I've heard them but then again its not 110 around here yet. That's what I'm concerned about. Do you know how long I have to have the fan fix applied for free. Also, what phone number do I call???

Panasonic 2013 55VT60
Marantz SR-5005 AVR
B&W 805 Speakers
Velodyne 15" Sub
TiVO Roamo OTA
post #10914 of 14931 Old 01-18-2014, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiophileWalt View Post

You will have to unzip the file using your computer and then save on a SD or USB file. The Panny has SD and USB input and you would use the panny's media player to play the slides.
post #10915 of 14931 Old 01-18-2014, 08:35 AM
fcb
Advanced Member

Liked: 22
Quote:

I'm using a Cyberpower 1500, one thing I would recommend is that you use a "true sine wave" type of UPS.
Also my receiver, computer, and all of the U-verse stuff is plugged into it.

Fred

Don't make 'em like they used to, but charge you double price, promise you steak but give you beans and rice.
Just ain't enough good stuff!

Panasonic 65VT60

Yamaha RX-V3900

Ohm Walsh 200 Mk-2

Uverse

HP H8-1360T

post #10916 of 14931 Old 01-18-2014, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBR11 View Post

Benefit is it protects your ****! smile.gif
Typically, you can tell you need one right after something expensive fails! wink.gif

--Carl Sagan
post #10917 of 14931 Old 01-18-2014, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Quote:

What was involved with the fan fix? Did you find it difficult, time-consuming, etc? Were the instructions clear?
I had no instructions aside from the service manual which describes how to remove the back of the TV. I happened to have one TV with the fix pre-installed at the same time as the TV I needed to fix (long story), so I was able to look at a fixed TV while I installed the foam on the non-fixed TV. It's not a very technical solution; you can use the pictures that are already posted or mine below as reference. Anyway, I bought some self-adhesive weatherstripping at Lowe's that was the same size/density (what I bought was dark gray Frost King, 7/16" x 3/8") as the foam that Panasonic uses, removed the back of the TV, removed the fans, cut the foam to match that of the "fixed" TV, stuck it in place, and put everything back together. By far the "hardest" part was removing the back, and that was difficult only because there are so many screws.

You do need to lay the TVs face down on something soft (I used plush microfiber blankets) in order to remove the back of the TV.

IHMO if you're able to use both of your thumbs with some degree of dexterity you're better off installing the fix yourself, mainly because you'll be sure to treat your TV gently.

Here are two pictures of the foam that was installed from the factory (the fans have already been removed). The first is the left fan (when looking at the back of the TV); the second is the right. Sorry about the quality; I took these with my iPad.

eric3316 likes this.
post #10918 of 14931 Old 01-18-2014, 09:16 AM

Hello everyone and thank you for all of the information. I am slated to receive my VT60 on monday and have been reading the checklists for inspection upon reciept and noticed that some had not turned on the TV due to the cold? Can someone explain this? Thanks in advance.
post #10919 of 14931 Old 01-18-2014, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewborn View Post

Hello everyone and thank you for all of the information. I am slated to receive my VT60 on monday and have been reading the checklists for inspection upon reciept and noticed that some had not turned on the TV due to the cold? Can someone explain this? Thanks in advance.
The concern is condensation. If the TV warms up too quickly (from you turning it on) it's possible that condensation could form on the inside of the TV. That's why it's recommended to let the TV slowly reach room temperature before you turn it on.
post #10920 of 14931 Old 01-18-2014, 10:28 AM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

I really love DLP screens but, yes, once you see the contrast you were missing it's hard to go back.

Very true...My uncle has an 85" (I think) DLP that we watched Thanksgiving Day. It was HUGE and amazing. But then I went home and watched my Mom's 50" G25 plasma and realized quickly how much color and depth is lacking in a DLP, not to mention random bright areas everywhere.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Panasonic Tcp65 65 Inch Vt25 3d Plasma Tv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page