Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 400 - AVS Forum
First ... 398  399  400 401  402  ... Last
Plasma Flat Panel Displays > Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk]
eric3316's Avatar eric3316 11:02 AM 01-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard767 View Post

YCbCr 1080p/24 blacks and motion for Blu-Ray 24p play
Motion smoothing with several appropriate patterns including the girl wearing a vertically striped shirt on a swing. Off was blurred. Weak, Mid, and Strong all looked the same. Recommend Weak.
Very strong statement their coming from a calibrator to have motion smoother on anything. I have tinkered with weak when I had my ST60 and never really noticed any SOE with it on weak but never turned it on with my VT60. Curios to hear what others think of this and if it has more benefit then not.

mo949's Avatar mo949 11:07 AM 01-29-2014
^ find a scene where a character (not animated) is doing a lot of arm movements/handwaving and then play with it on/off and see if you notice it then.
Walking Beast's Avatar Walking Beast 11:28 AM 01-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgr View Post

Thanks for your response, Walking Beast. Very helpful.

No problem. Message me anytime. I only use the display for gaming, game heavy, dont break in my sets, and run high contrast and settings. Dark souls is one example of a game I played for around 80 hours, with not many other games being played, and the health and stamina bar was ghosted pretty strong. Once I stopped playing it was gone in a few months. So try to enjoy your tv and not get hung up on those ghost images. Its just part of the plasma tech when gaming. As far as I understand its not actual damage. Its simply uneven pixel wear. So it evens out as you watch other content. Once you accept that and get accustomed to it you can really enjoy the set. I was very obssessive at first about this. Once I played many games over the course of several years and owning two sets, which I only gamed on, I realised that this always goes away over time. So I expected it on my previous set especially, which was very prone to it. I cant say if the yellow blotches I got on my GT50 were image retention related and if they would have faded out with time. Its very possible they would have but after 4 months I didnt want to chance it. They were very large. Everything else pretty much seemed to fade out over time. I had some small little bead pattern that was there for a very long time which got very faded over time. I would really have to stare and analyse on a very light screen to even see it. In time it probably would have become completely invisible. And that was the most stubborn of my ghost images and even that was not an issue with time.

People say that running the white wash setting will get rid of it if you run it long. I dont find that to really do anything. It seems to be when you start playing a game less and playing other content that it will begin fading. I know you are not primarily a gamer but gaming is probably the harshest thing to run on a plasma, so if I can live with it and have seen it fade out completely, as obsessive as I am, I think you will be fine.

Your case should resolve much quicker than mine if you watch tv or movies. That will wash the image out faster. I didnt do that at all. Keep in mind that black bars will also cause an uneven wear of the pixels so try to view things full screen but dont get obsessed with it. I played Ps2 which had black bars on the side somewhat. They caused the edges to be a little darker than the rest of the display but it was so minor. I think it wouldve evened out eventually. Tvs do wear out and its just uneven pixel wear. So enjoy it
Gov's Avatar Gov 11:35 AM 01-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHir View Post

Doesn't "weak" give soap opera effect?

I dont see that, but what I have seen with it set to "weak" is the occasional lip sync issue depending on the source.
I was watching "Taxi Driver" on BD and noticed a slight lip sync issue.
buzzard767's Avatar buzzard767 12:06 PM 01-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHir View Post

Doesn't "weak" give soap opera effect?

SKYFALL 2D 29:50 situp scene. SOE is readily visible with both Weak and Off. Motion resolution is somewhat improved with Weak but tough to spot except on certain patterns. Street and building pans are very smooth.

EDIT: No audio sync issues.
vinnie97's Avatar vinnie97 12:13 PM 01-29-2014
So undefeatable SOE, which explains why some prefer the motion of the Kuro. It's subtle enough to me to not be bothersome.
SeLfMaDe111985's Avatar SeLfMaDe111985 12:14 PM 01-29-2014
Noooo please lip sync don't plague this!!
YzRacer's Avatar YzRacer 12:51 PM 01-29-2014
I see the THX calibration app for Android is on sale for free today! I am going to download just to have it.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
dgr's Avatar dgr 01:00 PM 01-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by YzRacer View Post

I see the THX calibration app for Android is on sale for free today! I am going to download just to have it.

What's it called? Do you have a link?
buzzard767's Avatar buzzard767 01:00 PM 01-29-2014
Quote:

I saw that so I installed it on my iPhone 5s just for fun. I ordered a Lightning Digital AV Adapter for HDMI output to displays which should be arriving tomorrow and will be testing relative to professional equipment to see if the results are close enough to be of use. As I understand it the pattern output is 720p.
dpjb's Avatar dpjb 01:01 PM 01-29-2014
Quote:

SKYFALL 2D 29:50 situp scene. SOE is readily visible with both Weak and Off. Motion resolution is somewhat improved with Weak but tough to spot except on certain patterns. Street and building pans are very smooth.

This is the first report of SOE I've heard with the motion smoother set to off. I see SOE easily with a setting of Mid and Strong, but don't notice it on Weak. I don't really notice any improvement in motion with it set to Weak either, so I just leave it set to off.
buzzard767's Avatar buzzard767 01:02 PM 01-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgr View Post

Quote:

What's it called? Do you have a link?

buzzard767's Avatar buzzard767 01:04 PM 01-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpjb View Post

Quote:

This is the first report of SOE I've heard with the motion smoother set to off. I see SOE easily with a setting of Mid and Strong, but don't notice it on Weak. I don't really notice any improvement in motion with it set to Weak either, so I just leave it set to off.

In that particular scene it's readily apparent.
SCriss's Avatar SCriss 01:13 PM 01-29-2014
Not so far. My kids have even been using the touchpen to have some fun, with no problems.
eric3316's Avatar eric3316 01:30 PM 01-29-2014
Quote:

Come on guys, you are late to the party. lol

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1467563/official-panasonic-vt60-vt65-series-discussion-thread-no-street-price-talk/11940#post_24280834

I actually found my HDMI connector but haven't tried it yet.
DavidHir's Avatar DavidHir 01:31 PM 01-29-2014
Regarding motion at 96hz I do see what appears as subtle soap opera effect even with motion settings off on a variety of content. Motion at 60hz looks more natural to me, sometimes at least, even if there is some judder from the 3:2 pulldown. But, maybe I am just too used to judder. lol

96hz also suffers from quite a bit of false contouring although I've grown to not let it bother me as much. You'll see this as red and green outlines around objects in certain motion. It can be distracting once you see it.
digidesigner's Avatar digidesigner 02:59 PM 01-29-2014

Hello from a new user! I'm sorry for not going thru all the 400 pages... Long story short - can Apple bluetooth keyboard be used with VT60 or not? I have tried with older "white" and more recent aluminum keyboard and both of them seem not to Pair with the TV no matter what :/

tonestert's Avatar tonestert 03:06 PM 01-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by digidesigner View Post

Hello from a new user! I'm sorry for not going thru all the 400 pages... Long story short - can Apple bluetooth keyboard be used with VT60 or not? I have tried with older "white" and more recent aluminum keyboard and both of them seem not to Pair with the TV no matter what :/
I had an Apple bluetooth keyboard that would not pair because it was already paired with another device. I then tried an unpaired new Apple keyboard and it paired right away. If you unpair your keyboard with the device it was paired with it should pair with your TV.
htwaits's Avatar htwaits 03:49 PM 01-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

Isn't 'Hyper Realistic' an oxymoron?
Yes, of the worst kind. eek.gif
digidesigner's Avatar digidesigner 04:09 PM 01-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonestert View Post

I had an Apple bluetooth keyboard that would not pair because it was already paired with another device. I then tried an unpaired new Apple keyboard and it paired right away. If you unpair your keyboard with the device it was paired with it should pair with your TV.

Hmm, that's interesting! Both of my keyboards have been paired with many different computers before... I'm tempted to go out and get a new one just for the TV if it would work like you say, but it kind of sounds unbelievable it only would work with brand new one. I'll see if I can make a deal with Apple reseller to give me a new keyboard to test. Anyone else having similar experiences? 

avsno0bie's Avatar avsno0bie 05:20 PM 01-29-2014
Quote:

Why no support for Galaxy Note II (only note 3 and s4)? Saying my device is not eligible for this app.

XBR11's Avatar XBR11 06:16 PM 01-29-2014
I am sorry and apologize to you all that I have not been able to post any posts herein for the last 24 hours or so due to my being a participant in the great Atlanta snowjam all day yesterday. Took me 11.5 hours to make it my 27 miles to home. I promise to post some posts herein (that you all are free, as always, to ignore) as soon as possible, regardless of if I have anything worthwhile to write or not. I do read that you all have picked up a new batch of crazies while I was gone, so maybe you all didn't miss me too much.

Shall I post about the best furniture on which to rest my remote, or about which settings are best for watching Olympic curling on an SD channel, or how to prove my tv is twice as KURO as a KURO, or which poster is best to pick on today, or talk about how if I turn up the volume to 100 it gets too loud?
Defraggerman's Avatar Defraggerman 06:59 PM 01-29-2014
Sucks that you guys got all that snow.Geez,2.5 inches and civilization breaks down completely.I'm glad you made it home safely.
mbroadus's Avatar mbroadus 07:33 PM 01-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walking Beast View Post

Here is an example of the type of image that I like. I finally got it looking up to my standard. Maybe some of you that are better with technical descriptions can describe this style, or maybe you will all hate it. But this is what I was tweaking to obtain

I've been dying to play Last of Us or Far Cry 3 on my new 60VT60 but scared to death of IR. I'm considering buying a cheap LCD open box just for gaming but I don't play enough, 4-5 hours a week, to justify the expense.
eric3316's Avatar eric3316 07:33 PM 01-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsno0bie View Post

Why no support for Galaxy Note II (only note 3 and s4)? Saying my device is not eligible for this app.
I have a Nexus 5 which should be supported. Found my MHL adapter and plugged everything in but it seems like the phone doesn't support the adapter since nothing was recognized. I guess I need a direct micro sd to HDMI cable. Can anyone confirm this, if they have been successful getting their phone hooked up to the TV with a direct cable.

I wish I was able to get miracast working but have yet to successfully get that to work.
YzRacer's Avatar YzRacer 08:01 PM 01-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

Come on guys, you are late to the party. lol

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1467563/official-panasonic-vt60-vt65-series-discussion-thread-no-street-price-talk/11940#post_24280834

I actually found my HDMI connector but haven't tried it yet.

Sorry for the repost but I saw it was free today:

http://lifehacker.com/kindle-fire-and-nexus-7-belkin-wemo-samsung-ssds-dea-1511558175
mbroadus's Avatar mbroadus 08:04 PM 01-29-2014
I downloaded it to my iPad but doubt I'll ever use it.
ReyVGM's Avatar ReyVGM 08:18 PM 01-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus View Post

I've been dying to play Last of Us or Far Cry 3 on my new 60VT60 but scared to death of IR. I'm considering buying a cheap LCD open box just for gaming but I don't play enough, 4-5 hours a week, to justify the expense.

IR is temporary.

How about you try playing the game, and if after you normal gaming sessions you get IR, and if you are still scared, then you can get a cheap LCD for gaming.

IR is not BURN-IN.

htwaits's Avatar htwaits 09:24 PM 01-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defraggerman View Post

Sucks that you guys got all that snow.Geez,2.5 inches and civilization breaks down completely.I'm glad you made it home safely.
I heard that the Governor is complaining that the weather service only predicted 2" which caused all the trouble. I wonder what a quick 2.5" would do to the San Francisco Bay Area where I live, or to the Los Angeles basin. eek.gif
greginaz1's Avatar greginaz1 10:01 PM 01-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman00 View Post

Glad you found a TV that you can enjoy! That's what we're all looking for.

I'm watching the Hawks now and I know you watch hockey and this LED absolutely rocks hockey...infinitely better than the VT I had...way more enjoyable to watch...ice is really white which makes the uniforms and puck pop more.
Tags: Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Panasonic Tcp65 65 Inch Vt25 3d Plasma Tv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
First ... 398  399  400 401  402  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop