Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 409 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #12241 of 14862 Old 02-02-2014, 08:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReyVGM View Post

Home mode.

I can't help you. With these VT60 units the settings are not lost when the power is removed.

Did you change the input (HDMI1, HDMI2, etc) selection? Each input has its own memory for the settings.

Larry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12242 of 14862 Old 02-02-2014, 08:03 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

Looks pretty great on Direct TV. Better then I was expecting.

+1
post #12243 of 14862 Old 02-02-2014, 08:14 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by elito View Post

Theres a 60"display demo in my local best buy, but the genius over there put the unit on a DVD loop, and its got either a. Burn in or IR with the DVDs menu options. Nothing major, just the sub menu of 'extras...search.....play...settings..resume..' I'm 99% sure this is IR and not burn in because I had asked the lady to shut the TV off, and there was no shadow mark on the panel, and I've seen burn ins from older gen plasmas...I can buy it, but was wondering how confident are we in getting those IRs removed ? I also have a 55" on order..but obviously the demo would be a lot cheaper and a larger screen..pls help guys..thanks
It's a crap shoot...I would be hesitant in drawing any conclusions because they don't make plasmas like they used to, so there's no way of knowing just how many hours that menu has been stationary on the screen. You can always take it on for a 14-day trial and run the pixel flipper to see what happens, but there's no magic answer here.
post #12244 of 14862 Old 02-02-2014, 08:26 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryInRI View Post

I can't help you. With these VT60 units the settings are not lost when the power is removed.

Did you change the input (HDMI1, HDMI2, etc) selection? Each input has its own memory for the settings.

Larry

I checked all the inputs and they all reset to defaults. I modified one of the picture modes and disconnected my TV for 5 minutes, plugged it back in and the settings are still saved. So I don't know what could have happened that all my settings were deleted.

Oh well, off to do it again I guess.

post #12245 of 14862 Old 02-02-2014, 08:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:

I checked all the inputs and they all reset to defaults. I modified one of the picture modes and disconnected my TV for 5 minutes, plugged it back in and the settings are still saved. So I don't know what could have happened that all my settings were deleted.

Oh well, off to do it again I guess.

Then someone must have hit the Setup > System > Factory defaults item.

Larry
post #12246 of 14862 Old 02-02-2014, 08:34 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

It's a crap shoot...I would be hesitant in drawing any conclusions because they don't make plasmas like they used to, so there's no way of knowing just how many hours that menu has been stationary on the screen. You can always take it on for a 14-day trial and run the pixel flipper to see what happens, but there's no magic answer here.

much thanks for that. guess we'll find out their demo return policy tm - another thing, they dont have the remote and am guessin neither do they have the base.LOL so im gonna have to purchase the base for this thing. does the same base will fit/hold all 3 size models?
post #12247 of 14862 Old 02-02-2014, 08:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by elito View Post

much thanks for that. guess we'll find out their demo return policy tm - another thing, they dont have the remote and am guessin neither do they have the base.LOL so im gonna have to purchase the base for this thing. does the same base will fit/hold all 3 size models?
Their return policy is the same as buying a new TV.

I would ask them to order your the remote. It should be on their dime, not yours. I would also try and get them to order you the stand, if not I would push then for a wall mount.

You have nothing to lose but I would at least try walking out of their with what the TV comes with.
elito likes this.
post #12248 of 14862 Old 02-02-2014, 09:26 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

Their return policy is the same as buying a new TV.

I would ask them to order your the remote. It should be on their dime, not yours. I would also try and get them to order you the stand, if not I would push then for a wall mount.

You have nothing to lose but I would at least try walking out of their with what the TV comes with.

will try~
post #12249 of 14862 Old 02-02-2014, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryInRI View Post

Then someone must have hit the Setup > System > Factory defaults item.

Larry

I live alone, so unless I have a ghost, I don't see how it could have happened...

post #12250 of 14862 Old 02-03-2014, 12:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 26
There may not be a simple answer but...

1) For games, TV and even movies on an HTPC I should have my VT60 set to color space of standard (16-235) correct?

2) Anyone with an nvidia card + XBMC? From what I understand XBMC is full RGB so I can set the VT60 and nvidia card to match with 0-255 but aren't movie sources 16-235?
post #12251 of 14862 Old 02-03-2014, 04:54 AM

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickydenim View Post

I don't know much about ARC but could me using HDMI 2 input on the VT60 cause audio sync issues? My current setup is Oppo 103 HDMI 1 - VT60 HDMI 2. Then 103 HDMI 2 - AVR with AVR out to HDMI 1 on VT60.
For bluray I have the Oppo in 'Split AV' mode with picture going direct and HDMI 2 just doing the audio, I am however getting a lot of lip sync issues. When running 1 cable through AVR it's not existent. I need to run the split AV as my AVR doesn't pass through 3D.

Just wondering if I should switch my Oppo HDMI1 to HDMI 1 on VT60 and see if that makes a difference.

I don't know if this will help but I had the same issues with my onkyo 805 and panny 500. I had hdmi 1 to tv and hdmi 2(audio only) to the 805. I had to turn the hdmi monitor out setting to off on my 805 to stop lip sync issues, etc.
post #12252 of 14862 Old 02-03-2014, 05:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:

I live alone, so unless I have a ghost, I don't see how it could have happened...

You may want to check for ghosts, they love to play tricks. biggrin.gif

Panasonic 60VT60
Sony PS3 Fat Boy
Marantz NR1504 AVR
Velodyne CHT Speakers
post #12253 of 14862 Old 02-03-2014, 05:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinobyte View Post

I was messing with Home screen settings today. and have a couple of questions

Tia

can you remove the home screen collection icon on the bottom left?

Can you change the configuration of the icon/apps? IE input on top and only 4 icons/apps across the bottom?

Can you view the downloadable home screen collections on the pc instead of the tv? seems it would be much quicker to browse the collections on the pc before going to choose them on the tv.

1. No, unfortunately.
2. Cycle thru available Home screen layouts. Put NetFlix, Amazon Prime and Accu-Weather in three boxes on the Home Screen itself.
3. Not sure but I doubt it. Its actually not that inefficient to view them on the TV itself.
Hope this helps somewhat.
Scott

Panasonic 2013 55VT60
Marantz SR-5005 AVR
B&W 805 Speakers
Velodyne 15" Sub
TiVO Roamo OTA
post #12254 of 14862 Old 02-03-2014, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kluken View Post

Ok so what am I doing wrong, I had a VT50 and bought Panasonic rechargeable 3D glasses that worked fine on the VT50. I can not seem to get then3D glasses that came with the VT60 to sync up with the VT60.
Did you ever get this figured out? You said your glasses that came with your VT60 wouldn't sinc up with your VT60, did you mean they wouldn't sinc up with the VT50? My glasses that came with my VT60 sinc right up with my VT60 but last night I tried to sinc them to my UT50 during the superbowl so the little girls could watch a 3d movie while the rest of us watched the game but they refused to sinc up. I wonder if there's something that has to be done to get them to sinc with 2012 Panasonics, or if they won't work with them at all, but I don't see why they wouldn't. My Samsung 5100 glasses sinc with either tv, though it tends to take a while to sinc them.
post #12255 of 14862 Old 02-03-2014, 09:32 AM

Ok I figured it out. The settings were not reset to default. The "problem" was that I configured the settings while I had a video playing from an USB stick and they saved to that specific "mode". Now I'm going to copy the settings to all the other inputs.

post #12256 of 14862 Old 02-03-2014, 09:43 AM

I am looking at getting the following glasses:

http://www.dimensionaloptics.com/Product.aspx?l=00010001000100090000&p=A1S01275

Does anybody have these, the reviews are excellent.
post #12257 of 14862 Old 02-03-2014, 09:56 AM

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post

I am looking at getting the following glasses:

http://www.dimensionaloptics.com/Product.aspx?l=00010001000100090000&p=A1S01275

Does anybody have these, the reviews are excellent.

Those are expensive. Just as much $ as the Panasonic glasses. Why not get the Samsung ones for $19? They get great reviews on Amazon.
post #12258 of 14862 Old 02-03-2014, 09:59 AM

Liked: 10
I used the CNet calibrations on my VT60 and the picture looks good, but I am missing detail. I have the VT60 in my living room for the now since my man cave is not complete. I will have to re-calibrate when I get it up to the cave with proper light control. It was nice to watch the Superbowl on my new 60 inch screen. My 42 inch Panasonic Plasma (circa 2006) is in the same room and it has better detail on faces or threads on clothing than my VT60. I am also using an antenna for now to receive the normal broadcast channels. When I press the Info button, I see the 720p or 1080i for the different channels so I think all is good with the reception. I just don't see the detail that I expected. Suggestions anyone?
post #12259 of 14862 Old 02-03-2014, 10:17 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Some of the reviews on Amazon claims it's a bit tricky to get them to work. So I bought two pairs at BB and they priced matched Amazon's at $52.99. They were selling at BB for $79.

Also curious why the glasses in the box are not the rechargeable kind...weird.
post #12260 of 14862 Old 02-03-2014, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfdad123 View Post

Did you ever get this figured out? You said your glasses that came with your VT60 wouldn't sinc up with your VT60, did you mean they wouldn't sinc up with the VT50? My glasses that came with my VT60 sinc right up with my VT60 but last night I tried to sinc them to my UT50 during the superbowl so the little girls could watch a 3d movie while the rest of us watched the game but they refused to sinc up. I wonder if there's something that has to be done to get them to sinc with 2012 Panasonics, or if they won't work with them at all, but I don't see why they wouldn't. My Samsung 5100 glasses sinc with either tv, though it tends to take a while to sinc them.

I can not get the glasses that came with my VT60 to sync with the VT60, I need to go try my other VT60 and make sure it is not a TV thing.
post #12261 of 14862 Old 02-03-2014, 10:41 AM

Liked: 17
I went over to a friends house last night for the Super Bowl. My friend had a 65" LED as his downstairs TV and a giant Vizio 80" LED upstairs in his movie room. Amazing how 80" just dwarfs the 65" that I'm so proud of. Of course, all I'm doing while the game is on is comparing PQ between my VT60 and his. The unfortunate thing is that the source is different (him Comcast, me DirecTV) so the HD quality is not the same so its tough to direct compare. I couldn't read the names on the jerseys from afar because the detail loss...but close ups of players were clear. Again, I blame this more on the Xfinity feed than anything. The screen was bright of course, the colors weren't perfect (no calibration), and there was the normal lack fo screen detail during movement that all LEDs have...but the black levels were great and once you look at the size impact of the TV, I ened up kind of being impressed with a Vizio. Does it have even close to the PQ of my VT60...No, of course it doesnt. Would I own one? Probably not. But I had in my mind that Vizio was just plain crap...but all and all, it wasn't as bad as I thought. I'm interested in seeing what this year's Vizios are like (that you guys have been talking about).

I can't wait to start dodging the stones that will be thrown at me for this post....smile.gif
mule65 likes this.
post #12262 of 14862 Old 02-03-2014, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman00 View Post

I went over to a friends house last night for the Super Bowl. My friend had a 65" LED as his downstairs TV and a giant Vizio 80" LED upstairs in his movie room. Amazing how 80" just dwarfs the 65" that I'm so proud of. Of course, all I'm doing while the game is on is comparing PQ between my VT60 and his. The unfortunate thing is that the source is different (him Comcast, me DirecTV) so the HD quality is not the same so its tough to direct compare. I couldn't read the names on the jerseys from afar because the detail loss...but close ups of players were clear. Again, I blame this more on the Xfinity feed than anything. The screen was bright of course, the colors weren't perfect (no calibration), and there was the normal lack fo screen detail during movement that all LEDs have...but the black levels were great and once you look at the size impact of the TV, I ened up kind of being impressed with a Vizio. Does it have even close to the PQ of my VT60...No, of course it doesnt. Would I own one? Probably not. But I had in my mind that Vizio was just plain crap...but all and all, it wasn't as bad as I thought. I'm interested in seeing what this year's Vizios are like (that you guys have been talking about).

I can't wait to start dodging the stones that will be thrown at me for this post....smile.gif

I really wish Panasonic had made a 70 for a big room but may have been cost prohibitive with plasma. I'm a firm believer that once you get to 80", you have the money and room for a projector.

Panasonic 60VT60
Sony PS3 Fat Boy
Marantz NR1504 AVR
Velodyne CHT Speakers
post #12263 of 14862 Old 02-03-2014, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 614
Quote:

It was the size that I am sure was the most impressive thing about that TV. I would love an 80" TV and would be willing to sacrifice pq for it but they are not priced at what I want to spend on a TV.

If you had you plasma side by side with it you would see the a huge different on contrast and saturation on colors, as well as better motion handling all around. But again, there really is nothing on a 65" TV that would probably pull you away from watching on the 80". It is just another level of immersion and if plasma came in 80 inches they would be that much better then the Vizio.

Also, black levels always look great on an LED with the lights on, turn off those lights and you will be thinking twice about those black levels.

2014 Vizio's should be much better then what we have seen from them so far and better then most of the other edge lit TV's as well.
post #12264 of 14862 Old 02-03-2014, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb4 View Post

Those are expensive. Just as much $ as the Panasonic glasses. Why not get the Samsung ones for $19? They get great reviews on Amazon.

I was looking at those as well, just trying to determine if the 3active ones are better overall for comfort, operation, etc.
post #12265 of 14862 Old 02-03-2014, 11:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 400
Quote:

Newer Vizios have drastically improved and calibrated fairly well actually. Their new 4K full array model coming out this year will be very interesting. With that said, a calibrated VT60 is still in a different league.

I too would really like a large 75"-80" display, but the picture quality drop off in comparison to the 65" VT60 is just not worth it to me. I am curious how these new 4K LEDs do perform this year, however. A lot of them are coming.

post #12266 of 14862 Old 02-03-2014, 11:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stucker View Post

I used the CNet calibrations on my VT60 and the picture looks good, but I am missing detail. I have the VT60 in my living room for the now since my man cave is not complete. I will have to re-calibrate when I get it up to the cave with proper light control. It was nice to watch the Superbowl on my new 60 inch screen. My 42 inch Panasonic Plasma (circa 2006) is in the same room and it has better detail on faces or threads on clothing than my VT60. I am also using an antenna for now to receive the normal broadcast channels. When I press the Info button, I see the 720p or 1080i for the different channels so I think all is good with the reception. I just don't see the detail that I expected. Suggestions anyone?

I am converting to OTA. Do you notice any audio sync issues when you watch off the antenna?

Panasonic 2013 55VT60
Marantz SR-5005 AVR
B&W 805 Speakers
Velodyne 15" Sub
TiVO Roamo OTA
post #12267 of 14862 Old 02-03-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:

As far as the bargain brands go, Vizio is the best in my opinion. I've bought a couple Vizios as gifts for family members and was blown away at what they give you for the money. Good PQ, good UI, great build quality. They're what I always recommend to people on a tight budget.

That said, my new 65VT60 is on its way to mw right now biggrin.gif
post #12268 of 14862 Old 02-03-2014, 12:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyh3dron View Post

As far as the bargain brands go, Vizio is the best in my opinion. I've bought a couple Vizios as gifts for family members and was blown away at what they give you for the money. Good PQ, good UI, great build quality. They're what I always recommend to people on a tight budget.

That said, my new 65VT60 is on its way to mw right now biggrin.gif

I would agree. I know I'll get stoned for this but if I had to put a VT60 side by side with a similar sized Vizio and figured in the price difference, I'd say the VT60 wasn't worth the increase. We like to rave about our VTs on here but for someone one a tight budget, a comparable Vizio is a no-brainer...the subjective difference just isn't equal to the price delta.

man I can already here the key tapping.

Panasonic 2013 55VT60
Marantz SR-5005 AVR
B&W 805 Speakers
Velodyne 15" Sub
TiVO Roamo OTA
post #12269 of 14862 Old 02-03-2014, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Oakley View Post

I am converting to OTA. Do you notice any audio sync issues when you watch off the antenna?

No - I have not noticed any audio sync problems. I have not used OTA very much yet so I don't know about the typical problems. For the few days, I have been using it, when there seems to be a problem, I fire up my old plasma / cable box that is in the same room to see if that system has a problem.
post #12270 of 14862 Old 02-03-2014, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Oakley View Post

I would agree. I know I'll get stoned for this but if I had to put a VT60 side by side with a similar sized Vizio and figured in the price difference, I'd say the VT60 wasn't worth the increase. We like to rave about our VTs on here but for someone one a tight budget, a comparable Vizio is a no-brainer...the subjective difference just isn't equal to the price delta.

man I can already here the key tapping.

Duck!

Panasonic 60VT60
Sony PS3 Fat Boy
Marantz NR1504 AVR
Velodyne CHT Speakers
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Panasonic Tcp65 65 Inch Vt25 3d Plasma Tv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page