Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 489 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 219Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #14641 of 16517 Old 07-06-2014, 06:39 AM
Advanced Member
 
eaayoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 749
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencers View Post
After reading the latest news that plasma is soon to be no more, I've decided to try to look for either Samsung or if I'm lucky VT60 to replace my trusty but old LG 60PK950.

Samsung F8500 was nowhere to be found around here (Eastern Europe), but I managed to order new 65" VT60, which made me really happy (was not expecting these to be anywhere). Now, I'm waiting for the new TV to arrive next Friday, and I wanted to ask a few questions to this thread veterans (I've tried, but it's really impossible to check all 14k messages here to find the answers myself).

1. I'm a bit worried that "new in the box" might a "refurbished" or
something. What can I check when the TV arrives to make sure it's really new?

2. Are there any general issues that some VT60 owners found early that caused them to replace their TV?

3. Were there any modifications during the lifetime of the model that I need to be aware of?

4. What are the general recommendations for breaking in VT60?

5. With my current plasma I was always setting letterboxed movies to have grey bars instead of black to even the burnout. Do I still need to do that with VT60?

6. I'm planning to use THX settings for everything (Movies, TV, Xbox), since professional calibration is not an option here. Is this a good enough option? If I'm trying to calibrate myself using some Blu Ray disks, will I achieve better results?

Thank you!
1) You can check the hours via the Menu, Help, Version, Status Line 4 (ie: C1350-00000 means 1350 hours are on the TV).
2) Fan noise is an issue for some of these TV. Depending on the date your TV was manufactured, a foam fix may be available. Some of these sets appear to be more prone to IR.
3) You can break-in with normal content. Just be careful of having bars and static images on the TV for the first 100 hours. DNice slides are designed to be used if you plan to have the TV calibrated and don't want to wait until you hit 500 hours. But people still use the slides anyway.
4) see #3
5) Not needed if you watch varied content.
6) THX Bright is not bad out of the box. But, the Pixel Orbitor doesn't work on the THX settings. I found I liked sillysallies setting better. But they are close to the THX settings. If you have a meter and know what your doing, you may be able to get better results. But will depends on your level of skill level and the quality of your meter.

Enjoy your TV!
Silencers likes this.

Last edited by eaayoung; 07-06-2014 at 06:42 AM.
eaayoung is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14642 of 16517 Old 07-06-2014, 12:20 PM
Member
 
bm01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hull, Québec
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
If you can't get your set professionally calibrated or do it yourself with a meter and software. you are better off leaving it in THX mode, because of panel variance any settings you put in have less than a 5% chance of being accurate for your set. The shared settings thing is a myth that continues to perpetuate itself here unfortunately.
My set looks better with sillysallys settings than it did with out-of-the box THX Cinema. To each their own...
bm01 is offline  
post #14643 of 16517 Old 07-06-2014, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Wilmington Ohio
Posts: 6,612
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 934 Post(s)
Liked: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by bm01 View Post
My set looks better with sillysallys settings than it did with out-of-the box THX Cinema. To each their own...
Glad they look good on your set but you have no way of knowing if your set is accurate. You are however missing out on getting the very best out of your set.
chunon is online now  
post #14644 of 16517 Old 07-06-2014, 01:05 PM
Member
 
Silencers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Riga, Latvia
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank you, Wurlitzer-1015, chunon, eaayoung. Is there a quick link to these sillysallys settings? I'm kinda with chunon on this topic, personal custom settings do sound like they shouldn't suit to everyone. But I guess there's no harm trying them out, right?

I was more interested in those Blu Ray DVDs, like Disney's WOW, that allow you to go through simple wizard and adjust basic settings. Did anyone try those as opposed to standard THX settings? Are results any better?
Silencers is offline  
post #14645 of 16517 Old 07-06-2014, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sage11x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brighton, MI
Posts: 2,946
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 587 Post(s)
Liked: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
Glad they look good on your set but you have no way of knowing if your set is accurate. You are however missing out on getting the very best out of your set.
Can't agree with this more. Unfortunately, this setting sharing argument will never end as there will always be a difference of opinion between those looking for a measured, accurate picture and those who take the 'if it looks good to me' approach. I wouldn't tell anyone how to watch their set but to make the argument that by simply inputting DNice's or sillysally's or cnet's settings will guarantee to make your set any more accurate is a fallacy. I still maintain that a 'tune-up' disc is a good place to start for anyone looking to make simple improvements in the picture.
sage11x is offline  
post #14646 of 16517 Old 07-06-2014, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Wilmington Ohio
Posts: 6,612
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 934 Post(s)
Liked: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post
Can't agree with this more. Unfortunately, this setting sharing argument will never end as there will always be a difference of opinion between those looking for a measured, accurate picture and those who take the 'if it looks good to me' approach. I wouldn't tell anyone how to watch their set but to make the argument that by simply inputting DNice's or sillysally's or cnet's settings will guarantee to make your set any more accurate is a fallacy. I still maintain that a 'tune-up' disc is a good place to start for anyone looking to make simple improvements in the picture.
I agree and definitely not telling anyone how to watch their set. Just pointing out the difference between shared setting and a calibration.
chunon is online now  
post #14647 of 16517 Old 07-06-2014, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sage11x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brighton, MI
Posts: 2,946
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 587 Post(s)
Liked: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
I agree and definitely not telling anyone how to watch their set. Just pointing out the difference between shared setting and a calibration.
Oh-- I didn't say you were at all! Just wanted to add that for anyone who might think I was preaching that thou shalt only watch thy tv in the following calibrated state:

Here is a great article on this topic:
http://referencehometheater.com/2013/commentary/sharing-calibration-settings-results-compared/
sage11x is offline  
post #14648 of 16517 Old 07-06-2014, 02:26 PM
Senior Writer @ AVS
 
imagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 9,242
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3860 Post(s)
Liked: 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post
Can't agree with this more. Unfortunately, this setting sharing argument will never end as there will always be a difference of opinion between those looking for a measured, accurate picture and those who take the 'if it looks good to me' approach. I wouldn't tell anyone how to watch their set but to make the argument that by simply inputting DNice's or sillysally's or cnet's settings will guarantee to make your set any more accurate is a fallacy. I still maintain that a 'tune-up' disc is a good place to start for anyone looking to make simple improvements in the picture.
Agreed 100%, canned settings—especially when they pertain to white balance and gamma—are specific to an individual display. Some settings are more consistent than others—sharing brightness/contrast/sharpness/backlight settings is harmless enough, but then again those are settings best adjusted with the help of a tuning kit like AVS HD709, Disney WOW, and others. Accurate color and gamma require measurement and no two TVs are alike. If it was as easy as calibrating one TV and using those numbers on the entire line, that's exactly what TV makers would do.

Mark Henninger
imagic is online now  
post #14649 of 16517 Old 07-06-2014, 02:39 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
htwaits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 25,620
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by bm01 View Post
My set looks better with sillysallys settings than it did with out-of-the box THX Cinema. To each their own...
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
If you can't get your set professionally calibrated or do it yourself with a meter and software. you are better off leaving it in THX mode, because of panel variance any settings you put in have less than a 5% chance of being accurate for your set. The shared settings thing is a myth that continues to perpetuate itself here unfortunately.
@chunon:

The issue for those who can't get a professional calibration or do it them selves is not one of perfect accuracy to industry standards for an individual set.

There is no reason to discourage new owners from trying posted settings if they do not have access to quality calibration. If they save the original settings, it seems reasonable to me that trying posted settings may allow those folks to find something that they prefer to the out-of-the-box settings.

I know that you are more reasonable than your post indicates.
htwaits is online now  
post #14650 of 16517 Old 07-06-2014, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Wilmington Ohio
Posts: 6,612
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 934 Post(s)
Liked: 1004
I'm not being unreasonable but research suggests at least for the Vt60 you are better off sticking with the thx modes if you can't do a DIY or a pro calibration.

Of course there is no harm in trying someone else's settings but it isn't calibration . You might end up better off or you might not. It is more likely the later
chunon is online now  
post #14651 of 16517 Old 07-06-2014, 02:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sage11x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brighton, MI
Posts: 2,946
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 587 Post(s)
Liked: 721
I don't think chunon was being unreasonable and I don't think he was discouraging anyone. Not to put words in his mouth but to paraphrase: if you bought a VT60 congratulations! Your tv came with a relatively accurate picture mode right out of the box that will keep you from the guesswork of ceaselessly imputing and auditioning others picture settings which may or (more likely) may not improve your picture!

Basically he's encouraging owners to stop combing through forums for picture settings and to start enjoying their sets! Lol! I'd call that sound consumer advise!
sage11x is offline  
post #14652 of 16517 Old 07-06-2014, 03:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Wilmington Ohio
Posts: 6,612
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 934 Post(s)
Liked: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post
I don't think chunon was being unreasonable and I don't think he was discouraging anyone. Not to put words in his mouth but to paraphrase: if you bought a VT60 congratulations! Your tv came with a relatively accurate picture mode right out of the box that will keep you from the guesswork of ceaselessly imputing and auditioning others picture settings which may or (more likely) may not improve your picture!

Basically he's encouraging owners to stop combing through forums for picture settings and to start enjoying their sets! Lol! I'd call that sound consumer advise!
Pretty much spot on just trying to pass on my experience. Having seen what this set is capable of when dialed in I couldn't settle for less, of course that is only my perspective .
chunon is online now  
post #14653 of 16517 Old 07-06-2014, 03:06 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
htwaits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 25,620
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
I'm not being unreasonable but research suggests at least for the Vt60 you are better off sticking with the thx modes if you can't do a DIY or a pro calibration.
I'd like to read that research. Do you have links? And I'm not disagreeing that a lot of people would be better off sticking with the THX modes on the VT60 and ZT60 models.
htwaits is online now  
post #14654 of 16517 Old 07-06-2014, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Wilmington Ohio
Posts: 6,612
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 934 Post(s)
Liked: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post
I'd like to read that research. Do you have links? And I'm not disagreeing that a lot of people would be better off sticking with the THX modes on the VT60 and ZT60 models.
Sage posted a good link a few posts up. Granted it's a small sample size. But it also lines up with what is have heard ffrom at least two other calibrators.
chunon is online now  
post #14655 of 16517 Old 07-06-2014, 03:15 PM
Advanced Member
 
eaayoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 749
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
I'm not being unreasonable but research suggests at least for the Vt60 you are better off sticking with the thx modes if you can't do a DIY or a pro calibration.

Of course there is no harm in trying someone else's settings but it isn't calibration . You might end up better off or you might not. It is more likely the later
I don't think anyone really thinks by using someone's settings they have a calibrated TV. They're just trying out different settings to find find what looks best to their eyes. For me, I liked sillysallies settings on my ZT better that the THX Bright settings. But I like my settings calibrated by Chad more than other settings I tried. Having my set calibrated by Chad was worth it. And I'm glad I was finally in a financial situation where a I could afford to have it done.
eaayoung is offline  
post #14656 of 16517 Old 07-06-2014, 03:19 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
htwaits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 25,620
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
Sage posted a good link a few posts up. Granted it's a small sample size. But it also lines up with what is have heard ffrom at least two other calibrators.
No science then. We are talking about subjective impressions if a calibration hasn't been done by a highly qualified calibrator on the set in question.
htwaits is online now  
post #14657 of 16517 Old 07-06-2014, 03:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Wilmington Ohio
Posts: 6,612
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 934 Post(s)
Liked: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post
No science then. We are talking about subjective impressions if a calibration hasn't been done by a highly qualified calibrator on the set in question.
Ray Coranado isn't highly qualified ? Please ! Did you even read the article ? Not as familiar with the authors work but Rays reputation speaks for itself ! Two random vt60s were tested what else do you want ?

Last edited by chunon; 07-06-2014 at 04:02 PM.
chunon is online now  
post #14658 of 16517 Old 07-06-2014, 03:33 PM
Advanced Member
 
fahrenheit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 718
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post
No science then. We are talking about subjective impressions if a calibration hasn't been done by a highly qualified calibrator on the set in question.
Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk]

dE under 3 vs....

Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk]
fahrenheit is offline  
post #14659 of 16517 Old 07-06-2014, 03:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sage11x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brighton, MI
Posts: 2,946
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 587 Post(s)
Liked: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post
I'd like to read that research. Do you have links? And I'm not disagreeing that a lot of people would be better off sticking with the THX modes on the VT60 and ZT60 models.
I linked a pretty good article above that does a good job in at least demonstrating the variance two panels can exhibit.

...and, no offense, but if you agree that it's better to stick with the THX modes why are we even having this discussion? lol!

Edit: what Fahrenheit linked to by Larry.

Last edited by sage11x; 07-06-2014 at 03:40 PM.
sage11x is offline  
post #14660 of 16517 Old 07-06-2014, 03:54 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
htwaits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 25,620
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
Sage posted a good link a few posts up. Granted it's a small sample size. But it also lines up with what is have heard ffrom at least two other calibrators.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post
I linked a pretty good article above that does a good job in at least demonstrating the variance two panels can exhibit.

...and, no offense, but if you agree that it's better to stick with the THX modes why are we even having this discussion? lol!

Edit: what Fahrenheit linked to by Larry.
I'm trying to point out that over stating advise can sometimes be misleading. I've been around long enough to have had to qualify my advise many times.

The vast majority of VT60 and ZT60 and Kuro owners have never even heard of calibration, nor do they care that they haven't heard of calibration. Among the very few that find their way to AVS, there are vast differences in attitudes toward calibration.

Because I'm not comfortable telling people what they should think about calibration, I've always tried to be careful to qualify what I've said about it. That is also why I started to collect links to posts where owners give their impressions of the professional calibration work that they have had done. Unfortunately, a lot of those links are now useless after the latest AVS platform conversion.
htwaits is online now  
post #14661 of 16517 Old 07-06-2014, 04:05 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
htwaits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 25,620
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
Ray Coranado isn't highly qualified ? Please ! Did you even read the article ? Not as familiar with the authors work but Rays reputation speaks for itself ! Two random vt60s were tested what else do you want ?
I though we were talking about cases where a professional grade calibration was not possible.
htwaits is online now  
post #14662 of 16517 Old 07-06-2014, 04:06 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
htwaits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 25,620
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 850
htwaits is online now  
post #14663 of 16517 Old 07-06-2014, 04:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Wilmington Ohio
Posts: 6,612
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 934 Post(s)
Liked: 1004
I'm an owner and am passing on my personal opinion based on personal experience and the experiences of calibrators I trust. Not sure what is wrong with that ? Others disagree that's fine. But it is my personal opinion that the vt60 benefits greatly from a calibration. Short of that the evidence suggests thx modes are the second best choice out of the box. But everyone can choose to do what they want.
chunon is online now  
post #14664 of 16517 Old 07-06-2014, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Wilmington Ohio
Posts: 6,612
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 934 Post(s)
Liked: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post
I though we were talking about cases where a professional grade calibration was not possible.

This whole topic started because someone asked whether they should use thx mode or shared settings. I gave an opinion sage and Fahrenheit added data to support that. Not sure what your whole point is to be honest.
chunon is online now  
post #14665 of 16517 Old 07-06-2014, 04:13 PM
Senior Writer @ AVS
 
imagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 9,242
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3860 Post(s)
Liked: 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post
No science then. We are talking about subjective impressions if a calibration hasn't been done by a highly qualified calibrator on the set in question.
Ray can calibrate just fine, he's more than qualified.

Mark Henninger
imagic is online now  
post #14666 of 16517 Old 07-06-2014, 04:16 PM
Advanced Member
 
fahrenheit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 718
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post
Sorry, I'm lost.
The first link shows Larry's default THX preset on his 65VT60. The second link shows his readings when he uses D-Nice and silllysally's calibrated settings. It clearly shows that THX is the more accurate.
fahrenheit is offline  
post #14667 of 16517 Old 07-06-2014, 04:16 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
htwaits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 25,620
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
I'm an owner and am passing on my personal opinion based on personal experience and the experiences of calibrators I trust. Not sure what is wrong with that ? Others disagree that's fine. But it is my personal opinion that the vt60 benefits greatly from a calibration. Short of that the evidence suggests thx modes are the second best choice out of the box. But everyone can choose to do what they want.
I agree, but I would be more careful with words like evidence. I'm not saying you shouldn't use it, only make it clear what type of evidence that you're referring to.

I feel like the anti posted settings faction sometimes overstate their case much like the pro and anti calibration factions do on occasion with their case.

I didn't expect such a long discussion to develop.
htwaits is online now  
post #14668 of 16517 Old 07-06-2014, 04:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Wilmington Ohio
Posts: 6,612
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 934 Post(s)
Liked: 1004
I consider calibration reports as evidence , what other way is there to objectively measure calibration ?

We will just agree to disagree I guess.
chunon is online now  
post #14669 of 16517 Old 07-06-2014, 04:27 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
htwaits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 25,620
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrenheit View Post
The first link shows Larry's default THX preset on his 65VT60. The second link shows his readings when he uses D-Nice and silllysally's calibrated settings. It clearly shows that THX is the more accurate.
The links in my browser both point to post #14641 in this thread which is part of a discussion reassuring a new owner that his set was not defective.

I think the folks working on the AVS conversion may have had a hand it the way the links are working at the moment.
htwaits is online now  
post #14670 of 16517 Old 07-06-2014, 04:32 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
htwaits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 25,620
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
I consider calibration reports as evidence , what other way is there to objectively measure calibration ?

We will just agree to disagree I guess.
I do too, but what do calibration reports have to do with how strongly one puts the argument that, for the VT60, posted settings are a waist of time? I'm confused so lets do what you suggest.

By the way, if you have read any sarcasm into this series of posts it wasn't intended.
htwaits is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Panasonic Tcp65 65 Inch Vt25 3d Plasma Tv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

taboola here
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off