Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 495 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #14821 of 15014 Old 08-02-2014, 07:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 70
I think my vt has this too. You really have to be up close to the screen to see it. Do you notice the rainbow effect if you move your eyes left and right across your screen. Comparing it to your kuro. I just thought it was pixel structure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14822 of 15014 Old 08-02-2014, 08:28 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason626 View Post
I think my vt has this too. You really have to be up close to the screen to see it. Do you notice the rainbow effect if you move your eyes left and right across your screen. Comparing it to your kuro. I just thought it was pixel structure.
I don't really see the rainbow effect but just more of a green after-trail sort of thing. My wife can't see it all!

Doesn't happen on the Kuro at all which is why I thought it may be an issue.
post #14823 of 15014 Old 08-02-2014, 09:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 263
From what you said about the "Chroma plate test", I think what you mean is the Chroma Alignment test.

I had one stand alone Darbee and there is a Darbee in my Lumagen 2041. With both Darbee's there was errors in the Chroma test using S&M disc. This has been reported by others also.

You can do one of two simple test's.
Run the Screen wipe or download a 100% full screen white pattern to a thumb drive, plug it into your VT60 and display it. Use THX Cinema mode.

Now do you see the magenta or green bars on each side. If you do its time to call Panasonic, if not the issue is in your settings or in your video chain.

The VT60 is very capable of being fairly close to reference. But you need the right tools and software to get it there.

ss

"Don't worry be happy"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #14824 of 15014 Old 08-02-2014, 11:56 PM

Sorry, you are correct - it was the Chroma alignment test.

I took a quick screen shot with my phone to show you what I am seeing. I literally just turned the TV on with no other components and pressed Menu. This is right up as close as I could get and it shows the effect I'm seeing - it's not as bad as the pic looks obviously from a distance but I'm noticing it all the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	194257  
post #14825 of 15014 Old 08-03-2014, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 270
^^

What you're seeing is completely normal. The blue-red-green sub-pixels that make up a full pixel are located adjacent to one another. Since it takes illumination of all three sub-pixels to make a white full pixel, you'll see blue color fringing on the left side of white text and green color fringing on the right.
post #14826 of 15014 Old 08-04-2014, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post
^^

What you're seeing is completely normal. The blue-red-green sub-pixels that make up a full pixel are located adjacent to one another. Since it takes illumination of all three sub-pixels to make a white full pixel, you'll see blue color fringing on the left side of white text and green color fringing on the right.
Thanks for the info. Do you think I'm seeing this more-so due to it's size? (65") I can get right up close to my Kuro and not see this at all - different pixel illumination method perhaps?
post #14827 of 15014 Old 08-08-2014, 06:48 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I STILL have BURN IN in my 60VT60...

I've tried all these screen wipes on Youtube, I tried the screen wipe built into the TV... It won't go away..

The worst part is it's in the middle of the screen!! Its a little bar. It was from playing Pandora on my Oppo Player. (There's no screen saver on it.) Without realizing that it would burn in.

Does anyone have any fixes for burn in???

MY GEAR:

-Pioneer Elite SC-61 7.2 Channel Class D3 Amplification AVR*
-Oppo BDP-93 3D Blu ray Player
-Monitor Audio GX50 Piano Ebony Bookshelf Speakers (pair)
-Monitor Audio CT265-IDC Trimless In-Ceiling Speakers (pair)
-Monitor Audio GXW15, 15” C-CAM bass driver 650W D2Audio®* DSP controlled...
post #14828 of 15014 Old 08-08-2014, 11:05 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejs71 View Post

I've tried all these screen wipes on Youtube, I tried the screen wipe built into the TV... It won't go away..

The worst part is it's in the middle of the screen!! Its a little bar. It was from playing Pandora on my Oppo Player. (There's no screen saver on it.) Without realizing that it would burn in.

First, don't freak out!

The following is all from (bad) experience. This is not something that will go away anytime soon, no matter how much you wipe or worry about it. Every night, before you go to bed, set the timer to 90 minutes and leave screen wipe on. Or forget the timer, enable the auto "Power Off after 4 hours" function (which should already be enabled), and screen wipe will go on for 4 hours.

If you use the timer with TV content, the little timer logo will show for the last 3 minutes and risk burning in as well. This does not happen during screen wipe. You should start seeing results from a few weeks to a few months.

Basically, accept that it's there and try to forget about it. You had two options while using Pandora: using Screen Wipe while playing music, or turning "Screen Display" off which is specifically intended for music. Remember these.
post #14829 of 15014 Old 08-08-2014, 08:28 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 469
Quote:
There is no way to "fix" burn in.

That's not what you have.

You have image retention, and it will go away over time if you avoid the activity that caused it.
chunon likes this.

Calibration Resources:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14830 of 15014 Old 08-11-2014, 09:21 AM

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 25
How much would you guys pay for a Like New , broken-in (approx. 200 hours) w/ slides and calibrated 65VT60?

Last edited by Y2JDMBFAN; 08-11-2014 at 11:07 AM.
post #14831 of 15014 Old 08-11-2014, 10:49 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
It's not really NIB, if it's been broken in and calibrated. How many hours are on it?
post #14832 of 15014 Old 08-11-2014, 11:07 AM

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionorion View Post
It's not really NIB, if it's been broken in and calibrated. How many hours are on it?
True, I believe it is around 200 hours.
post #14833 of 15014 Old 08-11-2014, 11:15 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post
There is no way to "fix" burn in.

You have image retention, and it will go away over time if you avoid the activity that caused it.

Actually, not really. In reality, you'll wind up with the old retained images + NEW retained images from whatever alternative activity you've chosen. On a solid light grey or yellow screen, I can more or less reconstruct everything I've watched, and every logo that has flashed on the screen, ever since buying the damn thing 18 months ago. Even my wife finds it distracting, and she is not the observant type when it comes to video.
post #14834 of 15014 Old 08-11-2014, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Id View Post
Actually, not really. In reality, you'll wind up with the old retained images + NEW retained images from whatever alternative activity you've chosen. On a solid light grey or yellow screen, I can more or less reconstruct everything I've watched, and every logo that has flashed on the screen, ever since buying the damn thing 18 months ago. Even my wife finds it distracting, and she is not the observant type when it comes to video.
Uh yeah he is right, my VT60 behaves nothing like your VT??

65VT60
55ST60
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
post #14835 of 15014 Old 08-11-2014, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:

You may find it distracting, but I find your claim a hard to believe. Everything you've watched in the last 18 months?
post #14836 of 15014 Old 08-11-2014, 01:27 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I'm exaggerating. But there is just a jumble of vague noise on any solid color field, composed of various IR ghosts in differing states of the long, long decay process--particularly in the top corners and left hand margin where 4:3 content leaves it dark frequently and video games tend to locate icons.
post #14837 of 15014 Old 08-11-2014, 02:58 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 469
Quote:
I'm exaggerating. But there is just a jumble of vague noise on any solid color field, composed of various IR ghosts in differing states of the long, long decay process--particularly in the top corners and left hand margin where 4:3 content leaves it dark frequently and video games tend to locate icons.
Without knowing what your TV habits are, it's impossible to evaluate what you call an "exaggeration".

The first clue is that you are basing your reaction to viewing your screen with selected slides and not from watching normal material from a normal distance.

What I posted is accurate for those who watch a wide mix of material where full screen images aren't always displayed with the same high contrast fixed location logos or menus.

Heavy game play is living on the edge with any plasma.

Enjoy.

Calibration Resources:

post #14838 of 15014 Old 08-12-2014, 02:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow, this thread has become huge!

I bought my VT60 back in November last year. I still haven't gotten the foam fix but want to get it done. Can anyone tell me how one goes about ordering that service?
post #14839 of 15014 Old 08-12-2014, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eysikal View Post
Wow, this thread has become huge!

I bought my VT60 back in November last year. I still haven't gotten the foam fix but want to get it done. Can anyone tell me how one goes about ordering that service?
Call Panasonic number for service and tell them the fans are loud and you want the foam fix. They'll ask for your serial and determine if the fix was done already. If not, they'll likely refer to a repair tech.

Last edited by eaayoung; 08-12-2014 at 05:40 PM.
post #14840 of 15014 Old 08-12-2014, 05:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaayoung View Post
Call Panasonic number for service and tell them the fans are load and you want the foam fix. They'll ask for your serial and determine if the fix was done already. If not, they'll likely refer to a repair tech.
Thanks, brother.
post #14841 of 15014 Old 08-13-2014, 10:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:

I had the E! Channel logo retain on the bottom right of my TV. My girlfriend watches it pretty much every day a few hours a day for the about the last 9 months. It can not be seen with normal viewing but when I checked a white screen it was there. It took 40 hours ( also known as 10 hours for 4 days, lol) of mixed full screen and white washing to get rid of it but it's gone. I'm convinced that if I can get rid of something like that easily after months of repeated viewing than burn in really must either 1. Not exist any more, or 2. Occur from extremely abusive watching habits (ex. Super high contrast ratio of 80 or higher, or the same static image every day all day on your screen, or both combined).

65VT60+55GT50+Onkyo TX-NR727+Denon AVR-1913+OPPO bdp-103+OPPO bdp-83=Heaven
post #14842 of 15014 Old 08-13-2014, 10:11 AM
Advanced Member

Question for any one who uses the THX cinema setting. Do you adjust the contrast or brightness. I like this setting for movie watching since it's easily switched to and automatically shuts the orbiter off and puts it into a full pixel mode, from my CNET settings which I use for TV watching. So like I said I'm wondering if you guys adjust the brightness or contrast a little. I feel the setting is a bit too dark. I think adjusting contrast from 60 to around 68 makes a world of difference. Wondering what others do. Any opinions would be appreciated.

post #14843 of 15014 Old 08-13-2014, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semp1 View Post
I had the E! Channel logo retain on the bottom right of my TV. My girlfriend watches it pretty much every day a few hours a day for the about the last 9 months. It can not be seen with normal viewing but when I checked a white screen it was there. It took 40 hours ( also known as 10 hours for 4 days, lol) of mixed full screen and white washing to get rid of it but it's gone. I'm convinced that if I can get rid of something like that easily after months of repeated viewing than burn in really must either 1. Not exist any more, or 2. Occur from extremely abusive watching habits (ex. Super high contrast ratio of 80 or higher, or the same static image every day all day on your screen, or both combined).
I wonder if there more to this problem than just what people watch on their TV and the settings on their TV. There's a lot of people on this forum that know a hell of lot more about this stuff than I do and they've got IR problems. Not to say smart people don't make stupid mistakes or choices. I just wonder if the TVs with the problem have a voltage issue that's slightly off. With that said, I don't game, didn't run the slides and don't look for IR. I just watch my TV with normal content. Normal contents is lots of football when in season. Plus, wife and daughter watch a lot of Netflicks and Hula. I've notice some occasional IR but nothing major. But I never look for it and don't worry about either. I got more important things to worry about, like what 14 year old boy wants to date my daughter!

I'm at 1600+ hours. No major issues. Don't regret buying my ZT.
post #14844 of 15014 Old 08-13-2014, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Question for any one who uses the THX cinema setting. Do you adjust the contrast or brightness. I like this setting for movie watching since it's easily switched to and automatically shuts the orbiter off and puts it into a full pixel mode, from my CNET settings which I use for TV watching. So like I said I'm wondering if you guys adjust the brightness or contrast a little. I feel the setting is a bit too dark. I think adjusting contrast from 60 to around 68 makes a world of difference. Wondering what others do. Any opinions would be appreciated.
I'm running my THX Cinema mode at Contrast 80, Sharpness 20. Everything else the same. I ran it through S&M disc and looked accurate to me. Contrast bump made a huge difference!
post #14845 of 15014 Old 08-13-2014, 07:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I wonder if there more to this problem than just what people watch on their TV and the settings on their TV. There's a lot of people on this forum that know a hell of lot more about this stuff than I do and they've got IR problems. Not to say smart people don't make stupid mistakes or choices. I just wonder if the TVs with the problem have a voltage issue that's slightly off. With that said, I don't game, didn't run the slides and don't look for IR. I just watch my TV with normal content. Normal contents is lots of football when in season. Plus, wife and daughter watch a lot of Netflicks and Hula. I've notice some occasional IR but nothing major. But I never look for it and don't worry about either. I got more important things to worry about, like what 14 year old boy wants to date my daughter!

Yeah the problem is my girl friend watched the E! Channel for probably 1000 total hours in the last 9 months. Lol. I'm assuming a slight image retention is going to occur after that. I play games a lot but nothing that ever created IR and I watch tons of letter box movies and 4:3 TV. Again nothing has created IR except the E! Channel and I still got rid of it. So what I am saying is clearly burn in can occur if IR does but it must be from super abusive behavior since I consider my Girls E! watching borderline extreme for a plasma owner. Lol.

post #14846 of 15014 Old 08-13-2014, 09:29 PM

Quote:

The great thing about football is that it's on multiple channels each with diffrent logo and score bars. Now baseball is always on your local fox sports net channel with that nasty logo in the upper right corner pre game, during the game and after the game. Ugh
post #14847 of 15014 Old 08-14-2014, 05:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason626 View Post
The great thing about football is that it's on multiple channels each with diffrent logo and score bars. Now baseball is always on your local fox sports net channel with that nasty logo in the upper right corner pre game, during the game and after the game. Ugh
Unless you watch the Red Zone Channel on D* for 7+ hours every sunday. RZC has it's own graphics and score bar and it does not change. No commercials either.

Perhaps I misremembered.

post #14848 of 15014 Old 08-14-2014, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I WANT MORE View Post
Unless you watch the Red Zone Channel on D* for 7+ hours every sunday. RZC has it's own graphics and score bar and it does not change. No commercials either.
Sometimes I take a chance there..., I just can't resist!
I WANT MORE likes this.
post #14849 of 15014 Old 08-14-2014, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I WANT MORE View Post
Quote:
Sometimes I take a chance there..., I just can't resist!
Self inflicted wound
I WANT MORE likes this.
post #14850 of 15014 Old 08-16-2014, 03:05 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
It took 40 hours ( also known as 10 hours for 4 days, lol) of mixed full screen and white washing to get rid of it but it's gone.
When you say "mixed full screen", do you mean just running an HD Bluray or TV Show (with no watermarks of course)? I've been running the Screen Wipe in the Settings overnight the last few nights... so about 8 hours for the last 2-3 nights..

Thanks for the advice.

MY GEAR:

-Pioneer Elite SC-61 7.2 Channel Class D3 Amplification AVR*
-Oppo BDP-93 3D Blu ray Player
-Monitor Audio GX50 Piano Ebony Bookshelf Speakers (pair)
-Monitor Audio CT265-IDC Trimless In-Ceiling Speakers (pair)
-Monitor Audio GXW15, 15” C-CAM bass driver 650W D2Audio®* DSP controlled...
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Panasonic Tcp65 65 Inch Vt25 3d Plasma Tv , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page